Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    TI was not forced content. Argus forces you to do the quests to unlock the world quests that allow you access to the invasion points and forces you to do this if you want to fight the current world boss. It forces you to do the quests to unlock the new dungeon if you want access to that. It forces you to complete Argus if you want access to the NLC...all the while time gating the content. TI allowed you to do what you want at your in pace. The Argus gear is not rewarding be ausr if the RNG. Great I get 10 different pieces of 910 gear, maybe 925 if rngejus smiles, but because of either versatility or mastery makes that gear a actual downgrade.

The Rares offer nothing really except a few have different colored mounts of the exact same kind. We did the WQ for over a year, now we have more. Argus feels less like a catch up mechanic , end if expansion zine and more like a poorly concieved leveling by zone.

- - - Updated - - -

We will see how populated Argus is after it's been out 2 months. It's already noticably less populated now.
    LOL.

-Argus actually has a main story quest line, tons of lore, and dailies, TI did not(outside of the one for coins?).
    -Argus actually has a dungeon on it, TI did not.
    -Argus has an endgame progression system unlocked account wide, TI did not.
    -Argus gated the content for 2 weeks(so long..), while TI required legendary capes to gain access to the world boss.
    -Argus gear is hugely rewarding and easily farmable(the 880 pieces, equivalent to the BoA pieces from TI), and also has 910 gambling with huge payoffs. TI did not.
    -Argus rares have 5 mana rays, 4 gnashers, and a talbuk, TI had a dragon.
    -Argus rares have numerous toys, TI had a few(most things were not actual toys, but consumables).
    -Argus rares have a few pets, TI had a shit ton(TI definitely wins this).
    -Argus has a lots of unique wild pet models, TI had a few.
    -Argus has 12+ difficult(for the most part) legendary pet battles(and hardmodes) with no lockout/repeatable, TI had the Celestial Tourney on a weekly lockout.
    -Argus utilizes a ton of new art, beautiful backdrops, and three huge zones, TI was a tiny island with some new art, but mostly Jade Forest.
    -Argus has what, 8 rotating world bosses? TI had 4 rotating world bosses+1 static(and they dropped PvP gear).
    -Argus has invasions, another piece of daily content, TI had nothing.
    -Argus has two reputations, with gear, recipes, tabard, numerous mounts, convenience items, toys, pets. TI had a single reputation that was awful to grind(honestly, it was) with a mount+pet.
    Edit:
    -Argus rares and treasure chests also reward unique mog sets for Plate/Cloth users, as well as something like 20 weapon mogs. I don't think TI had any.
    -Argus has the eye grind, TI had the coin/frog grind.
    -Argus rares are up for a set amount of time, allowing most people the chance to kill them and always reward currency+AP. TI rares you had to get lucky or get the timer addon to know when they'd be up and camp, and didn't have rewards outside of their pet/mount/consumable/etc if lucky.

So let's be real, facts are facts. Say what you will about how "hard" it is to get around(when its really not hard at all), but Argus blows the lid off of TI in terms of content. I liked TI, but Argus is infinitely better.
    Last edited by Renley; 2017-09-20 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    More content.

Argus is a shallow empty husk.

Which is ironically fitting considering that's LITERALLY what it is in lore.

The only thing Argus did right was the first week of questing.

That said Timeless isle was probably one of the worse parts of the expansion. Isle of Thunder on the other hand...
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-09-20 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    "Forced content"? My fucking god. What the fuck does that even mean? Heavens forbid there are rewards tied to content in a game thats all about progressing your character.
    I think what it means is that there's no more efficient way to get AP than doing things on Argus. But AP is mainly needed for m+ and raiding, so that part makes some people dislike it. There's just no efficient alternative.

Honestly to answer the question, I don't like them both. But TI you definitely didn't have to do, especially so if you raided heroic, you could just ignore that zone and miss out on nothing if your whole interest in the game was raiding. With Argus it's damn near impossible to ignore it (not talking about introduction quests as it's fine to have those, but dailies & weeklies) and still prepare for the next tier.
    As for actual content, I think Argus is better than TI.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    More content.

That said Timeless isle was probably one of the worse parts of the expansion. Isle of Thunder on the other hand...
    I actually agree that Isle of Thunder was the highlight of MoP. Arguably the best post-launch zone blizz has ever made tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    More content.

What content does TI have that is not present on Argus? Honestly curious. Because from my list of things, Argus>TI by a landslide in terms of content.

Interestingly enough, I had more trouble navigating in TW than in Argus.
    Every time something spawned in the higher parts of the zone I would run there as fast as I could and still arrive too late to get the kill.

Argus also looks much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    What content does TI have that is not present on Argus? Honestly curious. Because from my list of things, Argus>TI by a landslide in terms of content.
    It's like comparing shit to shite if I'm honest. Timeless isle just...felt more interesting and fresh and my memories are ever-so-slightly fonder. The terrain was easier to move around (Despite the mobs being tougher to kill and that fucking hilltop).

Maybe 'more' content wasn't the right word, it just felt deeper.

Though that's not saying much, timeless isle is when the game design started to falter a little bit. Treasures are all well and good, sure, but they went a wee bit silly with the rest of it. WoW has kind of become more of a themepark since then.

-Argus rares are up for a set amount of time, allowing most people the chance to kill them and always reward currency+AP. TI rares you had to get lucky or get the timer addon to know when they'd be up and camp, and didn't have rewards outside of their pet/mount/consumable/etc if lucky.
    This is such a major quality of life improvement for me. I absolutely despise long spawn timers. To this day I still don't have that rare stone giant that patrols the valley. I've seen it's corpse once and I watched it fall over before I could get in range. Son of a bitch spawns like once or twice per day. And then there's the frustration of farming something like the Spineclaw Crab battle pet.

But if I remember correctly rares did drop a larger amount of coins than regular/elite mobs and had a higher chance of dropping the BoA tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    This is such a major quality of life improvement for me. I absolutely despise long spawn timers. To this day I still don't have that rare stone giant that patrols the valley. I've seen it's corpse once and I watched it fall over before I could get in range. Son of a bitch spawns like once or twice per day. And then there's the frustration of farming something like the Spineclaw Crab battle pet.

But if I remember correctly rares did drop a larger amount of coins than regular/elite mobs and had a higher chance of dropping the BoA tokens.
    Oh gawd, spineclaw...I don't miss farming that.....I've spent months on that island, and still don't have it as a drop(bought mine) for the collection achiev for TI(or the stone giant rare toy).

And yup, they did! Granted, Argus rares act the same with drops, currency+chance at BoA gear, with the addition of AP.

I liked TI because it was small and easily navigable. If a rare appeared you could usually get to it before it died. Also treasures were everywhere and fairly easy to reach.
    Some people liked TI because every rare was a loot pinata. The empowered tokens which commonly dropped upgraded gear to normal raid equivalent.
    Its all about the shiny's!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Legion and cataclysm are the only end of the world expansions we ever had, let them go big for once.
    Please read my comment again. I will quote:
    "I am so DONE with end of the world stuff and big bads"

I use the operator "AND" in the sentence. The part beyond this operator includes expansions beside the two you mention. I don't want them to go "big".. I want them to go "small". A fun expansion that deals with smaller stories. They can encapsulate that in my pirate themed idea or find something else. Just no big villains or end of world stuff for now.

Use the tools given to you by the game if you have problems with what the game throws out you. Whistle, hearthstone, Stonehide Barding, Vindicaar CDs, etc. No one should ever have an issue with getting dazed. It costs 2 Bloods of Sargeras to solve that issue for 2 hours. Within that time frame, you can do most things. If it's a problem, solve it. People pay for power and convenience constantly in game and in real life, it's a baseline obvious solution. If you don't want to pay or work for the convenience, then you've lost the right to complain about it.
    Well, I could do that. Or I could quite WoW because of 7.3 and Argus being horrible, uninspired and boring (guess what, that's what I did - coming back with the 8.0 pre patch). I'm not going to bother with content as bad as Argus when I have other ways to "solve" this problem. Nevertheless I'm sure Blizzard will see the massive backlash of 7.3 within the next weeks and "fix" some of the stuff I and others are criticizing.

- - - Updated - - -

Fun content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I actually agree that Isle of Thunder was the highlight of MoP. Arguably the best post-launch zone blizz has ever made tbh.
    Absolutely agree. Broken Shore and Argus don't stand a chance compared to Isle of Thunder.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Argus is better in terms of content and timeless isle felt more good looking.

Both are fails due to claustrophobic design, cuz it has nothing to do with RPGs. What was better about TI? It wasn't actually so packed, i.e. it was relatively easy to get, where you wanted, without messing with hundreds of pointless fat/elite mobs and terrible terrain. But anyway - I've skipped TI, as long as IOG and IOT. And I'm going to skip Argus too.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I miss the social aspect of TI. There was chat and people helping out to kill rares. Argus is dead in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    amazing how u declared argus a failure that fast. you should apply for AGT judge.
    But it is a personal failure for me.. it has been over a week now since I set foot on it again.. It looks drap and I done the quests.. and no, I do not grind boring currencies or do WQ's forever.
    Last edited by Planetdune; 2017-09-21 at 01:40 PM.

Deleted
    I just feel railroaded on Argus too much, you have to stick to the questline on every character to unlock all WQs and followers, and you even cannot get the new followers in the app, so good luck in managing all these missions while not at home.

With TI, you just went there and did what you liked to do. Argus feels so mandatory it's depressing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Please read my comment again. I will quote:
    "I am so DONE with end of the world stuff and big bads"

I use the operator "AND" in the sentence. The part beyond this operator includes expansions beside the two you mention. I don't want them to go "big".. I want them to go "small". A fun expansion that deals with smaller stories. They can encapsulate that in my pirate themed idea or find something else. Just no big villains or end of world stuff for now.
    Would be nice for a change. Could also be a point to bring housing as it should be - a leisure activity, customisable, something to invite friends to and probably even share a neighbourhood. LotRO was great with that - you had a house all your characters shared, and your guild also could have a house as a meeting place. You got decoration items from vendors - also from different zones / reputation vendors with specific flavours, but also crafted ones from professions, and trophys from dungeons and raids. Some have been for the inside, others for your yard. And no in-game effect whatsoever, cosmetic only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, I could do that. Or I could quite WoW because of 7.3 and Argus being horrible, uninspired and boring (guess what, that's what I did - coming back with the 8.0 pre patch). I'm not going to bother with content as bad as Argus when I have other ways to "solve" this problem. Nevertheless I'm sure Blizzard will see the massive backlash of 7.3 within the next weeks and "fix" some of the stuff I and others are criticizing.

- - - Updated - - -

Fun content.

- - - Updated - - -
    Fair enough.

And what content? I mean, it sounds like you just preferred the aesthetic of TI over Argus, and don't like how big/"disruptive" the zones are, which is fine. Because Argus has every bit of fun content that TI has. Every. single. bit. But to say Argus has no content, and TI had more/better content is just rose tinted glasses and strictly untrue.
    Last edited by Renley; 2017-09-21 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Please, no one take the bait.
    12 pages later...

Just MMOC things

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Ok then. Let's take it point by point to show you why your point is invalid.

Rares: Argus has more rares. more interesting ones. And you can see them more often.
    Lore: Timeless Isle has 0 lore progression while Argus has huge amounts of stories.
    Quests: Argus have a questline and 3 maps unlike Timeless Isle.

This is why your point don't hold. I could accept that you got bored because you play too much. But that doesn't make it worse than Timeless isle. The problem is within you, not the content provided.
    You didn't show me why my point that it looks drab doesn't hold up!