Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    I guess I will be the first to point out that she is fat and not attractive.
    thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, she didn't win the internet on MMO C so far.

Great that she has a BF, great that he likes here as she is - but why does it need to be rubbed in our faces? Especially considering that very soon the majority of westerners will be her size and plus-size is the new standard. Suddenly it is us who have to justify ourselves for not being over-weight

Is she 'rubbing it in our faces' though?

She had an intimate photoshoot with her partner. She can't have known it was going to get this much coverage. When these websites contacted her for comment should she have just told them to go away?

She's not the one putting it 'in our faces', we are. They publish it because people are interested. She's not asking you to justify anything, only explaining her view.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's great that her self esteem is better, but why is it "winning the internet"?

Why is someones self esteem the whole worlds business in this day and age, and why do you need everyone's opinion and support for it?

Also as someone else said she is still quite a bit overweight so "accepting" someone on such a big scale (no pun intended) is bad for others in the same position as her. More people should not "accept" and "settle" at such an unhealthy weight, they should get help to build up the motivation to do something about it instead.

It would be one thing if she was 20 lbs/10 kg overweight, but she's not. She's much heavier then that and it's not good to condone it or shine a positive light on it.

I have to this day not heard a single overweight person, that has lost a lot of weight and gotten stronger from working out, regret their decision. They always feel stronger, more energetic, more nimble and much happier from their change.

I myself have gone through this in periods of my life and can no more then agree that being big and unhealthy (I wasn't that big to begin with) feels like shit compared to slim(er) and stronger.

Being at an unhealthy weight should never be accepted in any form except if you really do have a medical condition.
    Last edited by nalle; 2017-09-21 at 12:12 PM.

while she is over weight, as are many people.. its her call. A lot of people are not raised with mindset of fitness being important (at least in the US). Add in realizing it as a pre-teen/teenager when peer pressure is at its worst, its even harder to lose weight. Namely this is due to 1) not knowing how to start the process 2)not having the support 3) being laughed at when trying to lose it. Three is perhaps the worst and why i despise the people that share people "failing" at the gym when you can tell they want to better themselves just have no clue how to use the machines, or form, or are just dying from even walking a few miles.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

the photography is nice but the subject isn't - it simply isn't appealing to the vast majority of people that your skin looks like a sack of potatoes and is covered in wear and tear and red rawness.

but yeah, whatever. I'm fat, too. The difference is I don't go on the internet throwing selfies around and then announcing to the world that they're bad people for finding overweight people attractive.

I fucking hate fat acceptance, because it tries to stand in unison with shit like gay acceptance. Bitch, you're born gay. You're not born obese. You can't change being gay, but you CAN change being fat. It is important to be able to accept things that people cannot help - like being gay, or being a woman, or being white. It is not important at all to accept people being fat. Its their choice. No body has to accept that shit. At this point I would call anyone that points out someone is a fat whale as a douchebag, but again - you've posted this on the internet. There are two reasons to get a photoshoot done. For private reasons and for public reasons. Since you've plastered these all of the internet, I'm pretty sure we both know which reason you got the photoshoot for.

So, with that in mind, please - fat people that get this kind of photoshoot - stop crying every time someone comments on your appearance, after you post pictures praising your appearance, when that appearance is a life choice that can be altered with a few years of commitment.

And please - people making choices - stop fucking hijacking 'acceptance' movements and comparing stuff like being gay, or being retarded, or being white to being fucking fat.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CyferMax View Post
    Is she 'rubbing it in our faces' though?

She had an intimate photoshoot with her partner. She can't have known it was going to get this much coverage. When these websites contacted her for comment should she have just told them to go away?

She's not the one putting it 'in our faces', we are. They publish it because people are interested. She's not asking you to justify anything, only explaining her view.
    Kinda this.
    Like, yeah, we all have eyes.
    Plenty of people read those articles, thus they create them, and when they (meaning the authors) find a 'controversial' topic, they go for it to start stuff like this.
    She wasn't the one running (or walking, as is most likely more her pace)* down the street shoving the photos into the faces of anyone who could see them.
    She is one in a long line of people who find what I call 'blame-crutches' used to justify her current state.
    When asked a question why she was apprehensive, she stated one of the more obvious reasons; her body.
    But by utilizing these crutches, blame is shifted away from her and onto slightly more abstract things, like "my childhood" or "as a teenager".

In the end, good for them for being happy, and no, she didn't rub in our faces that she is fat, but her seemingly unwillingness to not just accept but work towards resolving the weight issue is the real problem.
    I get that some people have a more "meatier" disposition, in terms of body size and such, and sure, people have tried things that didn't work for them (regardless of whether or not they actually tried it correctly and for long enough), but simply being obese (which I'm sure is her classification, given the excess skin rolls and large size of her lower section) and saying "I am me, deal with it" is also not the way to go.

I've known many people who have struggled with weight.
    Some do something about it, work their asses off, seek medical counsel, and ultimately find a healthy point.
    Others will look you dead in the eye and tell you they have a thyroid problem, or that it runs in the family, as they eat a Snickers bar and chug a liter of soda.

People are different, but we are also the same.
    Strive for health, longevity of life, and happiness, because those three are not mutually exclusive.

* had to squeeze in one of those...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    That has to be a marine she’s dating.
    They love the fatties
    I thought it was the other way around; the marines get married to human women - after the hubby gets deployed overseas, the wife spends all his money transitioning into a landwhale.

Willing to bet that I get more vitriol directed at me for simply pointing this out, than do the very real women who engage in this sort of con artistry for their regressive, lazy lifestyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    I guess I will be the first to point out that she is fat and not attractive.
    He isn't exactly beauty itself, but he surely can aim higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    I thought it was the other way around; the marines get married to human women - after the hubby gets deployed overseas, the wife spends all his money transitioning into a landwhale.

Willing to bet that I get more vitriol directed at me for simply pointing this out, than do the very real women who engage in this sort of con artistry for their regressive, lazy lifestyles.
    wouldn't even call it a lazy lifestyle - its hedonism combined with narcissism. Most people are fine with just the first. Everyone recognises why the second is fucking obnoxious as hell, yet some how when you combine the two, people feel sorry for you.

What fucking sense does that make?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not her underlying happiness that's the issue, but the underlying message of fat/body acceptance, which boils down to being happy about being obese.

Is she comfortable with who (or how) she is? Fine. Is her partner ok with that? Great for her. The issue is pulling a publicity stunt to promote a positive message towards positivity.

The opening statement of the article is ridiculous. Most people know (being optimistic perhaps) that there's a lot of fakeness out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    but yeah, whatever. I'm fat, too. The difference is I don't go on the internet throwing selfies around and then announcing to the world that they're bad people for finding overweight people attractive.

Neither does she. She didn't do this for publicity. She did it because they wanted models and she wanted a photoshoot. She didn't publicise these, the photographer did.

When it caught attention and people asked her about her life and being big, she answered. What would you expect her to do?

You're attacking her for having a photoshoot which she didn't publicise that went viral, it's hardly her fault or intention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeneasbk View Post
    at 6 foot and 55kg, i judge that you're all fat fuckers who could afford to lose a few pounds
    I AM my pounds!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Ok its nice and all that she found love in this world. There are a lot of souls out there searching for their partner. Great for her. As far as how she looks, yeah she's fat and plain looking. Her fiance is pretty hot though.
    I knew it would be a fat chick and a fit dude. I guess he's into fat chicks.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, notice how it's always a fat chick with a fit guy, never the other way around. Somehow it's always the women that are demanding fat acceptance, but when do women show acceptance of fat guys? Can you imagine a guy of that size being together with a hot girl? Notify me once that ever happens.

the idiocy of that headline is enough to make me not read the ensuing article.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I AM my pounds!
    I love this meme already.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    agree being fat is a choice

anyone can stop being fat it just takes effort and discipline
    Same with religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Imagine jerking yourself off this much and having people applaud you for it.

Such is the life of a woman on the internet in 2017.
    This is about really all that there is to be said about this type of events, described in this and similar articles.

Deleted
    I'm happy for her! The photos looks great and I'm glad it boosted her confidence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    I'm happy for her! The photos looks great and I'm glad it boosted her confidence.
    She doesn't need more confidence, she needs a salad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lord pebbleton View Post
    i am my pounds!
    my calories are my own
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss