Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    I would actually miss Xal'atath :'(

The comments of Xal'atath and how "she" mocked the Legion was nothing short of brilliant.

The recruitment of the Eredar was quite a win for Sargeras. He desperately needed more intelligence in his warhost.

That blade was scary, inasmuch as it clearly wasn't the least bit scared of the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say it is more remniscient of making a very dangerous alliance (with an Old God entity) at a time when Azeroth was being overrun. The foe of my foe is a "friend" sort of mentatility is what the spriests resorted to, as I interpret it.
    Not would. Will.

But I for sure am going to miss this dagger. I just love all the whispering she does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Wait so azeroth now has weird shaped hole in region noone ever visits and it secretes weird liquid after it got impaled by some guy ?

*blushes*

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Posted this in the other thread, but:

Looking at the earth's wound and Khadgar's new voice in the PTR, my guess is that Sargeras manages to impale Azeroth with his sword in his final moment. Illidan saved us all, yes, but his portal to Argus enabled Sargeras to get near Azeroth. Again, people will hate Illidan for that, but we will all remember for his final sacrifice.

That, or Satan Morroc is at it again.
    Dat reference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Y'shaar only left a wound behind because aman'thul ripped him out of the bloody planet.
    And yogg isnt active, those are echoes in ulduar.
    That doesn't change the fact that there was nothing caused by the "deaths" of Yogg and C'Thun, we know that we can't kill the Old Gods without causing massive damage to the world, like the creation of the well of eternity and the Sha curse from Y'Shaarj.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that there was nothing caused by the "deaths" of Yogg and C'Thun, we know that we can't kill the Old Gods without causing massive damage to the world, like the creation of the well of eternity and the Sha curse from Y'Shaarj.
    You're misinterpreting some facts. Old Gods just dying in general isn't what causes damage to the planet, it was the way in which Aman'Thul ripped Y'Shaarj out of the crust of the world that caused the injury.

The Titans then created the race called the "Titanforged" which are what the keepers in Ulduar are, they created them to serve as a ground army against the Black Empire in order to kill the Old Gods in a more conventional way.

After Chronicle and the events in Legion a lot of the old lore doesn't make sense anymore, such as why the Old Gods were shackled instead of killed. Perhaps the Titanforged armies didn't possess the necessary strength to actually deal a killing blow? Perhaps the Old Gods can't physically die and they couldn't figure out how to end their lives - if you can call it life. "We are outside the cycle".

There's also the fact that now apparently Titans have the ability to make themselves much smaller in order to actually walk on a planet, which makes the whole war against the Black Empire rather irrelevant when they could have just shrunk down onto Azeroth at the beginning and fucked the OG's up.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Yes, they can be killed without massive damage. That's the point all along, Y'Shaarj was killed with the subtely of an anvil, a parasite that was literally stuck to Azeroth.

We killed C'thun and Yogg with laser precision, directly to the core of the parasites.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If Sargeras stabbed Azeroth where Sithilus is, wouldn't it be enough to kill C'thun as well?
    C'thun is already dead.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    They're not going to just "come back" as most if not all reanimations in game have had someone else powering it not the person/thing that died.
    That's actually a thing with Old God-related beings.
    Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: The cultists may try to stir him again, or he could awaken on his own. We must consume his essence to ensure he is gone forever. You know this must be done.
    Even the servants of Old Gods can eventually "reawaken" on their own. Death for them seems to be more of a sleep state. Oh, and this is also mentioned in Chronicles as the reason why the C'thraxxi were locked away in Prison-tombs by the Titans. Even after "death", they're capable of regenerating unassisted.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-21 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post

Even the servants of Old Gods can eventually "reawaken" on their own. Death for them seems to be more of a sleep state.
    That would be a resurrection, it is still pretty much dead. Anything can be resurrected and anyone posses a soul and as such is pretty much immortal as the old gods.

Take Medivh for example, who was brought back to life years after he had been killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    You DO realise what you just linked was a guy asking who the next old god is right? and no one there AT ALL said that C'thun or Yogg'Saron are dead? yeah?

Please, do provide an actual source.
    You DO realize that in that video, right before the questioner asked who the next Old God is, he was asking for Blizzard to address the theory that "if the Old Gods are killed, it's doomsday" but with two down (C'Thun and Yogg), we haven't seen anything much, right? That's what the first answer is for - "Have you played any Cataclysm? You know, where the world blows up? Because of the Old Gods". The guy was even surprised (not too surprising, given Deathwing was introduced to be main character of Cataclysm and all) and asked for a reconfirmation: "Because of the Old Gods???" - which was replied with "Yes". If they (C'Thun and Yogg) were alive, the answer would be something in the line of "But they are alive!" rather than "Well, it caused the Cataclysm".
    They only addressed the second question of who the next Old God is (N'Zoth) after they finished answering the first.

That's the Q&A section at Blizzcon. Additionally, we have the comic stating that "The Old God,
    C'Thun, who once lay beneath the ancient ruins, is dead...". If even that wasn't enough, in-game quest (C'Thun's Legacy) told us that much from the quest text as well: "The walls of Ahn'Qiraj tremble. A force of evil, older than the world itself, has been destroyed. As you look at the remnants of the colossal abomination your heart nearly freezes. Even in death you can feel the legacy of C'Thun's evil around you".

So all in all - canonically, they are dead as stated by various sources. Whether Blizzard will retcon that or not, no one really know. However, dead powerful beings can still interact with the world - this isn't limited to the Old Gods. Also, they can be resurrected - that was the plot of the comics (Cho'gall tried to resurrect C'Thun using Me'dan's power) and Y'Shaarj almost got resurrected during SoO. It wouldn't be weird if the power of this wound ends up resurrecting C'Thun, for example. Azeroth's blood should be way way more powerful than Me'dan as he was in the comic.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-21 at 01:13 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That would be a resurrection, it is still pretty much dead. Anything can be resurrected and anyone posses a soul and as such is pretty much immortal as the old gods.

Take Medivh for example, who was brought back to life years after he had been killed.
    Yeah, but Medivh was brought back. Old God related creatures, such as Xal'atath and the echo of Y'shaarj, use terminology like they're just sleeping and will reawaken in time. It'll definitely be faster with some help, but it'll still happen without outside interference or something directly preventing it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Yeah, but Medivh was brought back. Old God related creatures, such as Xal'atath and the echo of Y'shaarj, use terminology like they're just sleeping and will reawaken in time. It'll definitely be faster with some help, but it'll still happen without outside interference or something directly preventing it.
    If that was the case the entire black empire would be able to resurrect on its own, the same goes for the mantid, aqir, nerubians etc. all of which were spawned from the actual flesh and essence of the old gods. The old gods don't need to be special, because nothing really dies for certain in the wow universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And good grief hopefully finally the Azjol-Nerub raid !
    Fuck no...don't want Cataclysm 2.0 ...

Don't wanna sacrifice illidan just so the next minute we get attacked by some multi dimensional slug god...

I want a chill xpac, south seas or something...want pirate n troll etc themed raid sets not more butt ugly silithus insect armor...

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If that was the case the entire black empire would be able to resurrect on its own, the same goes for the mantid, aqir, nerubians etc. all of which were spawned from the actual flesh and essence of the old gods. The old gods don't need to be special, because nothing really dies for certain in the wow universe.
    They may be too weak to do it on their own. But the Faceless Generals were kept locked away for just this reason. Actually, that's exactly where all the Faceless Ones come from in the first place, isn't it? They're unearthed from where they've been sealed away. From what has been described as their "Prison-Tombs", precisely because they do regenerate. Aqir have never been described to have their flesh continue to writhe or pulse after death, but Faceless Ones have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Potential Spoilers:

The new 7.3.2 patch notes make mention of a new map possibly for a scenario “Silithus: The Wound” this naturally brings to mind C’Thun and AQ.

Could we finally be seeing confirmation we have not “killed” the old gods like we believed? Could perhaps C’Thun, after being weakened and granting strength/blessing/extra eyeballs to Cho’Gall in Cata, be making his full emergence from the ground and breaking free of his prison in full totality.

Could we be getting a few new zones in the next expansion and a few of the more “old god zones” like ulduar/storm peaks and Silithus getting a revamp with the old god buried there bursting out or something similar.

“The Wound” seems to imply that Azeroth is hurt somehow. Could then rumours of sargeras being involved in the final raid/ announced at bliss on as the last boss of the expansion but kept hidden this whole time involve him perhaps throwing his (broken) sword at Azeroth in a final act of insanity hurting Azeroth in the process?

Thoughts....discussion....
    I really, really really hope this doesn't mean another cataclysm-style event and therefore revamp of old zones, just leave the zones alone already you screwed them up enough with Cataclysm - was my first thought.

Now I'm like, I hope this Is Instanced and we just get some juicy lore on a south sea expansion where I can finally broadside some alliance fools and become Edward Orky Kenway and raiding some fools.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post

Don't wanna sacrifice illidan just so the next minute we get attacked by some multi dimensional slug god...

I want a chill xpac, south seas or something...want pirate n troll etc themed raid sets not more butt ugly silithus insect armor...
    I agree with you 100% on this. WoW has gotten way too complicated for its own good with its lore. I would love an xpac that keeps it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post

this game's lore is becoming more and more of a joke as it is. i don't want a whole expansion of fucking pirate memes. that shit can die in a fire.

it was bad enough to deal with that stupid shit in the rogue order hall. pirates are literally the lamest shit there is.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing to cause.

Again, the well of eternity was created because the titanforged couldnt deal with with y'shaarj so aman'thul had to rush in and plucked the thing out of the planet.

just Killing them just leaves behind a void energy radiating corpse, not a blood gushing wound.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-09-21 at 02:46 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    You DO realize that in that video, right before the questioner asked who the next Old God is, he was asking for Blizzard to address the theory that "if the Old Gods are killed, it's doomsday" but with two down (C'Thun and Yogg), we haven't seen anything much, right? That's what the first answer is for - "Have you played any Cataclysm? You know, where the world blows up? Because of the Old Gods". The guy was even surprised (not too surprising, given Deathwing was introduced to be main character of Cataclysm and all) and asked for a reconfirmation: "Because of the Old Gods???" - which was replied with "Yes". If they (C'Thun and Yogg) were alive, the answer would be something in the line of "But they are alive!" rather than "Well, it caused the Cataclysm".
    They only addressed the second question of who the next Old God is (N'Zoth) after they finished answering the first.

That's the Q&A section at Blizzcon. Additionally, we have the comic stating that "The Old God,
    C'Thun, who once lay beneath the ancient ruins, is dead...". If even that wasn't enough, in-game quest (C'Thun's Legacy) told us that much from the quest text as well: "The walls of Ahn'Qiraj tremble. A force of evil, older than the world itself, has been destroyed. As you look at the remnants of the colossal abomination your heart nearly freezes. Even in death you can feel the legacy of C'Thun's evil around you".

So all in all - canonically, they are dead as stated by various sources. Whether Blizzard will retcon that or not, no one really know. However, dead powerful beings can still interact with the world - this isn't limited to the Old Gods. Also, they can be resurrected - that was the plot of the comics (Cho'gall tried to resurrect C'Thun using Me'dan's power) and Y'Shaarj almost got resurrected during SoO. It wouldn't be weird if the power of this wound ends up resurrecting C'Thun, for example. Azeroth's blood should be way way more powerful than Me'dan as he was in the comic.
    You also do realise that the guy asking the question also said everything was "in theory" yeah? that the old gods were not "dead" so much as "dealt with" yeah? I swear some of you people are being dense just to be dense at times...

You also realise the cataclysm was caused by DEATHWITH as well yeah? It was the result of him essentially exploding out of Deepholm, causing volcanoes to form and erupt, oceans to flood the land and reshaping the face of the world as we knew it? All because N'zoth, the force behind Deathwing, ordered it? Technically, yes, the world "blew up" (if you can call that blowing up...) because of an old god, N'zoth, not the supposed death of the other 2. Hell, the answer to the previous question was straight up "You havn't seen who signs Deathwing's paychecks yet!". Nothing about the death of old gods whatsoever.

And the comic? Wellllll. A: it's canonicity is highly in question by even blizzard themselves and B: As has been demonstrated before in WoW, just because the physical body of something was killed, does not mean they are in any way dead, especially when it comes to old gods. (Particularly when you consider their direct inspiration) Unless we want to ignore the entirety of Legion...

So, all in all, canonically, their fate is entirely unknown. There is absolutely no conclusive evidence of them being outright DEAD dead or still alive. Now perhaps people can stop being toxic fucks and keep their headcanon out of things here.

Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    I agree with you 100% on this. WoW has gotten way too complicated for its own good with its lore. I would love an xpac that keeps it simple.
    I agree, although I liked certain elements of Cataclysm. I liked the short stories Blizz released about each of the racial leaders and the expansion of race/class lore. I liked the introduction of zones like Uldum and Hyjal, areas that were previously mentioned in lore.

I liked the concept of a world revamp, the major problem with that being that once the Cataclysm ended the old world was still stuck in elemental destruction. I would've preferred a more timeless revamp, show the destruction of the world, but actually allow the races to rebuild.