Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is a part of the game whether you like it or not.

You can literally have fun with anything in this game which is why it is the best MMO atm.

For example, 5 of my friends made alliance Rogues on a populated horde server. Dressed up like Pirates, with a Pirate guild name, and they gank people in Argus.

The first time I got ganked by them even tho I didn't know it was them. it was amusing. 5 dwarven rogues with red pirate hats stabbing you to death.
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    It is a part of the game whether you like it or not.

You can literally have fun with anything in this game which is why it is the best MMO atm.

For example, 5 of my friends made alliance Rogues on a populated horde server. Dressed up like Pirates, with a Pirate guild name, and they gank people in Argus.

The first time I got ganked by them even tho I didn't know it was them. it was amusing. 5 dwarven rogues with red pirate hats stabbing you to death.
    I wonder how that works. Since they are twinks they should have horrible stats, dpswise and hpwise. Even a group of five of them should be obliterated by about anyone who is not on their twink or distracted in mere seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I wonder how that works. Since they are twinks they should have horrible stats, dpswise and hpwise. Even a group of five of them should be obliterated by about anyone who is not on their twink or distracted in mere seconds.
    That's not how any of this works...

Did you know the ability to transmog your gear has been in the game for ages?

And a real twink, at level 101 should be able to pretty much destroy anyone that's not a ToS Mythic geared tank.

Ganking is definetly sometimes fun to do, especially when with friends. Good ganking spots are Hellfire Peninsula and Hyal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    They are not that horrible gear wise. they are around 910-920 ilvl iirc.
    Edit Signature.

how about corpse camping
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    That's not how any of this works...

Did you know the ability to transmog your gear has been in the game for ages?

And a real twink, at level 101 should be able to pretty much destroy anyone that's not a ToS Mythic geared tank.
    Yeah I know about twink scaling. but all these rogues are 110.
    Edit Signature.

How braindead is it to complain on a forum about it?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Exactly why I said transmogs are in the game :P Should've been clearer. I mean that it's not like they wear level 20 items in order to look like pirates, and with how easy it is to get geared in Argus, they surely have decent gear.

And considering I payed around 4mil gold for my twink, I doubt 5 people on the same server could have the necessary gold and enough gear on the AH for twinking.

Deleted
    @Phumbles: Google "Angwe". Check out the site. That should give you an insight into ganking, and those ganked. You're playing an MMO...so you don't get to take the high ground on "wasted time".

10+ Year Old Account
    And since they’re on Argus, they have access to 910 gear.
    They might not have the best optimized gear, but I promise you five 910 sub rogues are going to shit on just about everyone they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Did you ever hear the story of Angwe 'The Amazing Mith Harbor Ganker'?

I thought not. It's not a story the Alliance would tell you. It's a Horde Legend. Angwe the Orc Rogue was a shadow lord of the horde and was so powerful and so wise he could use stealth to deceive his enemies. He had such a knowledge of the shadows that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The ganker side of the Horde is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his subscription , which eventually, of course, he did.
    This is an amazing post, lol. I know of Angwe, and often wish I had been a rogue in Vanilla/TBC.

Ganking used to be different, IMHO. It's supposed to be fake bullying, able to be challenged by fake heroism. Alternatively, it's fake gang (faction) warfare. These things are part of human nature, but certainly not actionable in real life without serious consequences. In WoW, all that happens is a corpse run and a repair bill. Nowadays, though, seeing as nobody can be bothered to help - because Blizzard has diluted the Alliance/Horde faction pride with unity and looooooove and "FOR AZEROTH!" - ganking and re-ganking is pointless.

Angwe, we are not worthy.

If they were braindead, they wouldn't get the endorphin rush from doing it, so they wouldn't do it. So I suggest the answer to the question is Not At All.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

it's been 12 years now and i will never understand how anyone can complain about PVP on a PVP Server. The only possible reason i can imagine would be a gun pointed to their head while creating the character, forcing them to choose a PVP Server.

it's like going into a club and complaining about people there actually dancing and drinking. who does that? won't get it. ever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    And since they’re on Argus, they have access to 910 gear.
    They might not have the best optimized gear, but I promise you five 910 sub rogues are going to shit on just about everyone they want.
    On patchwork like Bosses casual mainchar rogues will do about 1.3 to 1.5M dps, assuming gear between 930 and 940. Twinks are way below. First because they are twinks and not mainchars, therefore not executed as good. Second because raid buffs are missing. Third because they got worse gear, I suppose twinks to be as low as 900 to 910, some luxury twinks may be slightly higher. So I just drop them at 1.2M dps each. Total 6M dps. I suppose they are even lower.

I'm a casual tank, at about 10M HP, 35% reduce from armor flat, 10% from versatility. So they stay at 700k dps left on me each, 3.5M total. But I got selfheal, can buff my armor up and even damage them as well. If I stack Barkskin (20%), Survival Instincts (66%) and Rage of the Sleeper (25%) they will only make nihilistic 700k dps as a group. I can keep that up for at least 10 seconds. Then the buffs will slowly fade one after another and they may start to outdps my selfheals. But this in general is enough time for me to kill them all, since they won't have that much hp as twinks. Using potions and trinkets will make this task even easier. And most likely concordance or non use trinkets will procc as well. And I'm bad at pvp.

Additionally in general most people won't be on their own since there is something like groupfinder, so the 5 twinks are facing a group of 2-5 people most of the time. So I still doubt they could kill anyone who was paying attention to the game or was not low on health in the first place. They can roflstomp on other twinks and even on some lonely guys or someone dropping low health from falling of cliffs, using cliffs as shortcuts or something. Even on people not paying attention, but that should be the minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theleri View Post
    it's been 12 years now and i will never understand how anyone can complain about PVP on a PVP Server. The only possible reason i can imagine would be a gun pointed to their head while creating the character, forcing them to choose a PVP Server.

it's like going into a club and complaining about people there actually dancing and drinking. who does that? won't get it. ever
    Choosing a pvp server because at the beginning there were no battlegrounds at all, some friends wanted to pvp anyway. So the only choice is to play without the friends or go on a pvp server. I think noone in the world is complaining about pvp on a pvp server, but ganking on pvp servers is not pvp. More likely it is group raping in a club, not dancing and drinking, to stick to your analogy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I placed myself in a situation where other people can PVP me against my wishes. They are at fault, not me. Because this is 2k17 and everyone should respect what i want. But i dont want to leave this PVP server because reasons."

Does this sum things up?

Stop playing on pvp servers if you don't want to be ganked. Plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I mean, the people that sit by portals or flight paths in groups of 3-5...wtf are you doing? I literally can't imagine being dumb enough to find that fun. Not only would that be boring, I'd be embarrassed to be seen doing it.
    About as braindead as people who play a virtual game to teleport through virtual portals or fly magical pixilated gryphons to a virtual destination to kill virtual monsters and/or avatars. /shrug

Or as others have already pointed out, as braindead as someone who plays on a PvP server and has qualms with getting ganked in any fashion.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    If they were braindead, they wouldn't get the endorphin rush from doing it, so they wouldn't do it. So I suggest the answer to the question is Not At All.
    I think lack of endorphin would be a smaller problem compared to something like lack of controlling your body

More likely it is group raping in a club, not dancing and drinking, to stick to your analogy.
    you know it is a game... right?? wow, people these days

and the friends argument.. well, i get that. But why not get those "friends" together and go gank some puny little braindead'ers???
    friends not playing anymore? Well, PVE Servers are waiting for you
    Last edited by Theleri; 2017-09-21 at 02:28 PM.