Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Maybe the officer thought the man was making gang signs with his hands?
    This thread was worthless until you posted this.

Thank you.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Non-lethal take-downs are just a Hollywood myth. Only way to stop someone is to kill them.
    I hope you joking and aren't really that ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Was he approaching the cop with the metal rod while the cop was visibly pointing a gun at him?
    If so the cop did nothing wrong.

International Global, Universally known approaching a law enforcement officer with anything that looks like a weapon will get you killed.
    maybe in freedomsland where the law enforcement butcher the citizens, In most countries The policeforce is educated in deesculation of situations like that.

I think its a pretty clear cut. One tazered an handicaped person. The other shot him with a fire arm. The guy that shot with a firearm, shouldnt be a cop and should be in jail right now. I would never live in America, your cops are some of the most pathetic excuse for a law enforcement services. This man would still be alive in Canada or Europe. There is no excuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salloh View Post
    ^ Best reply in this thread.
    I kind of have to agree here. It baffles me somewhat being in the US as a UK person with this kind of news.

I have never been tasered, but what I have seen, they can put a human down pretty sharpish. Why didn't they both use the taser?

All US cops carry both right? I assume if they partner up, one doesn't carry the non-lethal equipment, and the other carries the firearms?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Non-lethal take-downs are just a Hollywood myth. Only way to stop someone is to kill them.
    The taser is a lie.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    I kind of have to agree here. It baffles me somewhat being in the US as a UK person with this kind of news.

I have never been tasered, but what I have seen, they can put a human down pretty sharpish. Why didn't they both use the taser?

All US cops carry both right? I assume if they partner up, one doesn't carry the non-lethal equipment, and the other carries the firearms?
    Not all cops in the us have teasers for what ever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Put yourself in the shoes of the cop who shot him. How big of a pussy do you have to be to shoot the slowly approaching handicapped man with a pipe with your service weapon instead of using a taser like your partner?

I've seen cops tackle and restrain dudes on PCP. This was not a situation that warranted lethal force.
    Answering a question with a question...

I'd have to be a pussy to use lethal force. Now it's your turn to answer mine. Drop your biases and think objectively. WHY was he approaching them?

"I've seen cops shoot lasers out of their eyes and blow up the moon!" No one legitimately cares about your silly anecdotes that have ZERO barring on this incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Just waiting for the alt-righters to come into this thread and tell us how their beloved violent cops are right to murder innocent citizens who don't obey their every command.

And that said innocent citizens should just roll over and die should they not have psychic powers to read the minds of said violent cops if they are deaf or developmentally disabled.
    I'll help you there.

The man was coming at them with a metal pipe
    Even if you can't hear, you know not to approach officers with something that can be used as a weapon. His father is an admitted criminal, the only shame is they didn't get his father As Well. We probably lost 1 more welfare case who's family Likely doesn't even speak English. Excuse me for not being the least bit upset.

"Heroes in blue clean up the streets" should be the actual headline. If you're in such a mental state that you're carrying a blunt weapon and approaching a police officer who has his gun drawn and is obviously agitated (you're deaf, not blind), well...you may get shot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Answering a question with a question...

I'd have to be a pussy to use lethal force. Now it's your turn to answer mine. Drop your biases and think objectively. WHY was he approaching them?

"I've seen cops shoot lasers out of their eyes and blow up the moon!" No one legitimately cares about your silly anecdotes that have ZERO barring on this incident.
    If your deaf and disabled you might not even know that they have there guns out and might be used to signing or other wise communicating at close range. Or maybe he's interacted with police before and was going up to say hi not understanding the threat of the guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I'll help you there.

The man was coming at them with a metal pipe
    Even if you can't hear, you know not to approach officers with something that can be used as a weapon. His father is an admitted criminal, the only shame is they didn't get his father As Well. We probably lost 1 more welfare case who's family Likely doesn't even speak English. Excuse me for not being the least bit upset.
    A lot of mentilly disabled people don't understand all the social rules of how to interact with police, police should be trained to deal with the mentilly ill/disabled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post

Standard carry for a cop is a firearm, a can of mace, a taser, cuffs, a radio, a flashlight, and a baton. He was either improperly equipped, improperly trained, or lacked the constitution to govern himself in a stressful situation and probably has no business being a cop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    "Heroes in blue clean up the streets" should be the actual headline. If you're in such a mental state that you're carrying a blunt weapon and approaching a police officer who has his gun drawn and is obviously agitated (you're deaf, not blind), well...you may get shot.
    So all mentilly disable people should be shot for being mentilly disabled then?

Deleted
    If you are a minority living in US, you are most likely going to die being shot by a cop.

That's a shame.

Seems like there is some serious training issues with Oklahoma's law enforcement when you're getting multiple cases of people shooting a suspect with both a taser and a gun or accidentally shooting them with a gun when they meant to pull out their taser. That sort of gross incompetence isn't really something you can overlook.

As much as I want to support officers and give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm beginning to really feel we need some massive reform.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

I really don't understand why all cops dont have permanent bodycams while on duty at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    If you are a minority living in US, you are most likely going to die being shot by another minority.
    Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    So all mentilly disable people should be shot for being mentilly disabled then?
    Read what I wrote, then read what you wrote and try again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    If you are a minority living in US, you are most likely going to die being shot by a cop.
    Ya no that's not even close to the case.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I really don't understand why all cops dont have permanent bodycams while on duty at this point.
    This too. Stop being cheap mother fuckers. Demand body-cams for every last officer. If they're found without one on the beat, they or their commanding officer need to be disciplined severely up to termination on the spot.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Was he approaching the cop with the metal rod while the cop was visibly pointing a gun at him?
    If so the cop did nothing wrong.

International Global, Universally known approaching a law enforcement officer with anything that looks like a weapon will get you killed.
    Not here in the UK. It's much more likely to just get you tasered or beat with batons. Hell I've seen a video of a guy rushing the police with a knife just to get crushed by a circle of riot shields before someone tased him, even though there were armed officers there with a clear shot they still didn't take it.

Too many police are trigger happy because it's the "easy" option in the heat of the moment. To me that just seems like they aren't given enough training to be able to make difficult choices and hold their nerve long enough to enact those choices. This is a perfect example, his partner had a taser and the "suspect" was still 15 feet away. If he had held his nerve for another few seconds his partner would have his taser deployed and the suspect incapacitated. Unfortunately he didn't and they fired at the same time and killed the man.

Now I will admit I'm not a police officer and have never been in a situation like that so I cannot understand the stresses and levels of emotion involved in making that decision BUT there are plenty of police officers who have been in similar or even worse situations who have made the non lethal decision despite the risk to themselves as that is their job and they have been trained properly for it.