Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    wrong thread.
    Last edited by kooz; 2017-08-26 at 05:22 PM.

Finally got round to doing the bear challenge. ~928 ilvl with luffa, Skysec's Hold, 4pc t20, and bear tartar food.
    I found the eyes and infernal knock backs were the most troublesome. Kruul doesn't really do that much damage at this ilvl, you can easily survive an annihilate and heal back up. After being knocked off the platform an infuriating number of times, I tried something different.

Instead of slowly wearing down the inquisitor and saving Icarn for Kruul, I used everything (Incarn, RotS, Berserk, trinkets, pots) to bring the inquisitor down as quickly as possible, going into phase 2 with just a single infernal. This leaves the area quite clean with plenty of space (and lots of healing orbs) to fight/kite Kruul around without worrying about knock backs. Normal defenses and another RoTS was enough to survive until Incarn was ready again to finish him off.

Deleted

Luffa ftw

I had about 70 tries 2 months ago when i was 910ish ilvl, didnt even get into phase 2.
    Had another 30+ tries when i got Elize's, didnt get into phase 2.

About 3 weeks ago the mage tower was up for the last time before 7.3 was released and a day later i got Luffa Wrappings. So after having to wait a good 2 weeks for the mage tower to come up again i finally got a chance to have more tries.

What i did was burn all CDs in phase 1 (Prepot, Drums, Incarn, RoTS) and i got into phase 2 about 80% of the time soi could for the first time actually see that phase for myself. I used the new alch vers trinket, an 940 chrono shard and generally the most offensive gear i had, including ofc Luffa and Elize's. My ilvl at that point was 932 since i have been clearing hc tos for a while and started doing the weekly mythic +15 / +10 a month earlier, which clearly made me overgeared, but from all my previous tries i learned that not having either Luffa or Eko (which i still do not have) makes an already very hard challenge even harder. Used Bear Tartare, an Augment Rune, agility flask and got a friendly lock to give me a healthstone.

After a total of 40 tries that night i finally managed to kill Kruul and was so happy about it! I recorded the fight and for anyone in a similar position that is interested, i uploaded the video of it /watch?v=zLVl3hREmOo

I cannot post full link since this is my first post, but im sure you'll figure it out)

In closing i have to say i started playing Legion only 2 weeks before 7.2.5. was released so i am still about 10 months behind on legendaries, which do have a huge impact on this fight.

Good Luck, fellow Bears!

Deleted
    edit: double post, sry
    Last edited by mmoce3b7667a69; 2017-09-23 at 05:36 PM. Reason: double post

Rumor has it certain imp mother takes extra damage when drood in certain specialization uses Lightblood Elixir since her cave is located on Broken Shore.

Deleted
    Did they fix guardian dr00d animations with challenge artifact look by any chance?

I still have feral and resto to do

I got balance, resto and feral done on my druid last time the tower was up. None of these three were too hard in not-so-great 930 gear. I expected more of a struggle especially for the feral one without feral legendaries after all the horror stories I read online.

I did the feral one with brutal slash, ekowraith and prydaz. The one thing that I had to learn was deal with the imps that explode into puddles. Once I typhoon/interrupted and actually killed all of them before they could explode the fight became a cakewalk. The balance one was very easy and took only a couple of tries.

Resto took a while because I couldn't burst heal the floating adds quick enough and it took forever to get to that phase again. I ended up using a pot for one wave, artifact cooldown for the second and tranquility for the third. No stragglers all good. Rejuvenate all three, then wild growth, then regrowth spam was enough.

Then I tried guardian and just lol. I will wait for 860+ gear to roll over that insanity relying on sheer ilvl. Sure I could throw dozens (hundreds?) of wipes at it now praying everything lines up nicely, but fuck that. Hat off to whoever did it at ~900 gear WITHOUT luffas/pants; pure chaos that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have em all but Resto. I haven't tried it yet I'm just kinda meh lazy.

I heard - but have not been able to confirm - that the heirloom trinkets from the last part of WoD are actually pretty good. Have you guys checked that out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post

Then I tried guardian and just lol. I will wait for 860+ gear to roll over that insanity relying on sheer ilvl. Sure I could throw dozens (hundreds?) of wipes at it now praying everything lines up nicely, but fuck that. Hat off to whoever did it at ~900 gear WITHOUT luffas/pants; pure chaos that fight.
    It's less hectic once you get a priority down and use everything in your toolkit. eg you can use bash/roar/orb to delay annihlates in p2 so long that you artificially extend the soft enrage of annihilate stacks. Using roar as a ranged interrupt on inquis so you dont have to get stacks is incredibly handy too, can just rotate that and an actual interrupt and cut down massively on damage taken.

Also tomb 4 set is crazy good, if you can pick up even lfr version its worth cos youll have regens for days.

Guardian was pretty easy in ToS HC gear (with 4pc, of course). I only tried it a few times when it came out initially, and again last week at 930 gear, with Luffas and Eko for all the range extras. Took me maybe 5 tries to get back into the spirit of things and then it went down. As usual, saved orbs in P1 by using RotS and FR, and used Incarn+Drums+Pot in P2 to just burst him down, and a stun rotation with Bash and the orbs to finish him off.

Next time its coming up I'll probably try my hand on Resto again. Its currently only my off-spec so my gear isn't all that great and I don't have many legendaries for it, but we'll see!
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-09-21 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mintilol View Post
    It's less hectic once you get a priority down and use everything in your toolkit. eg you can use bash/roar/orb to delay annihlates in p2 so long that you artificially extend the soft enrage of annihilate stacks. Using roar as a ranged interrupt on inquis so you dont have to get stacks is incredibly handy too, can just rotate that and an actual interrupt and cut down massively on damage taken.

Also tomb 4 set is crazy good, if you can pick up even lfr version its worth cos youll have regens for days.
    I imagine that's true but I don't have 4p or any great gear/guardian legendaries on my druid and I don't feel like putting hours of wiping into it. I'll just wait to roll over it next tier. I almost never go bear anyway.

Just finished my boomy one the other day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the feral one last night. Awesome looking kitty.

Beat it on mm hunter at around 900 ilvl maybe 15 tries, beat it on prot paladin at around 908 ilvl with around 190 tries... tried feral a few times with around 900 ilvl got to phase two a few time but I haven't tried since, I like the fancy tiger look I have from the quest so no big pull for it.

Did it on MM on week 1 within 20 tries or so, then did BM later when I was bored.... went back last week to steam thru Survival, and am clearly doing something wrong. Everything I read says you just need to approach Xylem's shimmering image during the Arcane Annihilation and he'll stop the cast, but he just always keeps going for me. Eventually I said "screw it, I dont play survival anyway" >.>

took three tries today to beat the feral one, 956 weapon at lvl 63, used the luffa and cat ring with two set from nighthold. ilvl 916

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I have em all but Resto. I haven't tried it yet I'm just kinda meh lazy.
    Granny is a moron. Unlike the dps and tank ones the rising item levels does not help nearly as much for healers. Towards the end will make it harder as you are trying to dump HP.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    I heard - but have not been able to confirm - that the heirloom trinkets from the last part of WoD are actually pretty good. Have you guys checked that out?
    This was what pushed my 905 ilvl prot pally over the edge vs krull before ToS came out. Between the proc'd dmg and the buff vs demons it added 15% more dps I think I calculated? That was the agility one too since I didn't have the strength one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    This was what pushed my 905 ilvl prot pally over the edge vs krull before ToS came out. Between the proc'd dmg and the buff vs demons it added 15% more dps I think I calculated? That was the agility one too since I didn't have the strength one.
    Ah - I should have known that! Instead, I did Feral challenge before 7.3 (when it was a lot harder than now) and Guardian one after 7.3 (when it’s a lot harder than before)!