Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not long ago i found a wallet in a supermarket and thought jackpot but then i open it up and the face of my best friend showed up on a photo... it was the wallet of his mother.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I'm a firm believer in karma. I couldn't imagine what it must feel like to lose that much money and be completely at the mercy of someone else. It's nice to see someone do the right thing.
    So you're a firm believer in a concept which you have no good reason to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    LINK HERE

Anyone else think this kid is a tool and an idiot for doing that? Does he not know that the iPhone X is coming out "soon" and will be $999? Not to mention he could have bought a Switch, Xbox One, or even a PS4 after getting the phone. What a friggin idiot if you ask me!
    yeah being a decent human being is stupid :S:S ( sarcasm btw)

People sometimes ask why america is going down the toilet so fast....because allot of americans would not do what this boy did...act with decency and be nice.
    Last edited by baskev; 2017-09-20 at 11:20 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I have had 3 pair of glasses stolen out of my car a different times. All three of them were Ray Bans costing $250-350 and were all prescription glasses (one was prescription sunglasses). I was livid that someone came inside my car and took something that someone else couldn't even freakin use. This kid found money and could have used it. He's a tool for not doing so.
    Honest person = tool in your book. It's only bad when it happens to you. Let me know when you grow up.

I don't think he's an idiot.

But I do think that OP is probably one of those assholes that can't put himself in other people's shoes. Which, in this case, would be the shoes of the person who lost their stuff.

I'm also really surprised that you could write a sentence like that here and not expect to be shit on for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I'd have done the same. Now if I found cash without a wallet, that's a different story since literally anyone could claim they lost money. Wallets have ID in them.

@OP I really hope you're just kidding, otherwise fuck off. Don't be a scumbag.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The fact that he found it in the owner's driveway goes a long way, I've done the same before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Good for him.

I found a wallet once when I was a teen - I think I was maybe 13. I threw it away in a dumpster. Bad, I know.
    Wow, you're the worst. (not a personal attack)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Yeah, basic empathy and human decency isn't a hard concept but it seems like it is becoming popular to conflate empathy with being weak or a "cuck". You know the state of affairs is heading in a good direction when virtue is being used as an insult .
    "Virtue Signaling" isn't true virtue.

Virtue signaling is showing off as you're a virtuous, moral person while actually not being it.

It's like if an actor came on television to talk about the importance of treating the people below you kindly, yet behaving like a complete inconsiderate prick when nobody is looking.

Using "Virtue Signaling" as an insult, thus, is valid. It's pretty much like saying they're a hypocrite.
    Last edited by bewbew; 2017-09-21 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Yeah, you're an actual, real, full blown fucking asshole. Scum like you actually deserve to get their stuff stolen over and over again until you need to live in the gutter. But even then you'd probably incapable of reconsidering. Get a brain.

Still makes you a thieve worthy of punishment. If the owner is oh so happy, you can almost be certain that you'd get a good finder's reward, especially if all of the money is still there. Also: How do you explain that someone else just took 100 and left the rest for you to find? You're basically confessing right there to your crime.

Seems like way too many people here entirely lack the ability to empathize even just a tiny bit. It's the same kind of person that would torture kittens for the mere "fun" of it. Gosh I hate this fucking world sometimes.

There is also no name on your TV. Is it, too, free for all? What kind of terrible parents must YOU have had?

At 13 I was well raised and have had common decency for at least 10 year by then. You learned too late, tbh, and going from your statements earlier, didn't really.
    Dude wtf!read my question again. Now answer it correctly instead of being A grade moron.
    In my country that is the case oke, and yes my tv has a purchase ticket, go troll someone else.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated

Edit
    And kudos for you attacking 5 people in 1 topic of being assholes, having bad parents, having no brain.
    And YOU claim you are well raised? Wauw dude
    Last edited by mmoc5dbd52a5f1; 2017-09-21 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of hope most people would do this given the same situation.

I know I would, but I also have my economy in order and food on my table so there isn't much of a temptation either. Say someone more down on their luck does the same, that's more impressive, even if it pretty much always _is_ the right thing to do regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    In my country that is the case oke, and yes my tv has a purchase ticket, go troll someone else.
    My money has the receipt from my employer's payment, it has the receipt from the Bank where I took it. There are a plethora of reasons why it's "mine" and not someone else, and none involve "because I found the money lolol".

It's exactly the same as your television.

Your counter-argument is retarded.

Deleted
    I am sorry but material stuff can be proven try serialnumber etc, like I stated in my country if I would steal your wallet andI would be caught, you must prove the money is yours and that's nearly impossible.
    So back to my original question that you should read before going emo on my ass:
    Is this different in the states?
    And to you Medium: that is not a stupid question at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    If there was $1500 in it, I might have swiped a hundy or so. I mean the person recovering the wallet would be so happy to get their credit cards and over a grand back they probably wouldn't even notice a missing hundy.
    In germany its even "legal" to take 10% of the money you found but i hope noone ever will do this and is just happy with saving someones day/week/month.
    With "legal" i mean you can even go to court if the owner of the wallet/money is a dick and shows no gratitude.

Deleted
    Your "question" was grade A moronic and not worthy answering.

Does the ticket state your name? Is it tacked onto the TV?

I've at least been raised well enough to only insult those that practically beg for it. Decent human beings will be treated as such by me any day.
    Look I see what you are trying to do here, get out of your bubble, different countries different laws. Insult them not me.
    And my question was fair, not stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    My money has the receipt from my employer's payment, it has the receipt from the Bank where I took it. There are a plethora of reasons why it's "mine" and not someone else, and none involve "because I found the money lolol".

It's exactly the same as your television.

Your counter-argument is retarded.
    No it is not. You clearly are, if you can't grasp different laws depending where you freaking live on the globe, than don't be a asshole if i say so. Leaving thread, to much attacks instead of conversations.I'll go cry in my corner.

Still I'll be decent and give you a example from what happend in a clear prove over here.
    Belgium, 3years ago. 2 burglars opened a private safe containing 1million €.
    They get chased by the police and start throwing the money outside,
    Tons of bystanders start grabbing it, the government asked people on national television to
    Bring back the money at a certain postbox anonymous. Well some did, some don't, they try to sew a few but the judge needed
    To obey the law stating it could not be proven that It was money from that burglary.

So please be for you rant, different laws here and there so my question was fair.
    Last edited by mmoc5dbd52a5f1; 2017-09-21 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Look I see what you are trying to do here, get out of your bubble, different countries different laws. Insult them not me.
    And my question was fair, not stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

No it is not. You clearly are, if you can't grasp different laws depending where you freaking live on the globe, than don't be a asshole if i say so. Leaving thread, to much attacks instead of conversations.I'll go cry in my corner.

Still I'll be decent and give you a example from what happend in a clear prove over here.
    Belgium, 3years ago. 2 burglars opened a private safe containing 1million €.
    They get chased by the police and start throwing the money outside,
    Tons of bystanders start grabbing it, the government asked people on national television to
    Bring back the money at a certain postbox anonymous. Well some did, some don't, they try to sew a few but the judge needed
    To obey the law stating it could not be proven that It was money from that burglary.

So please be for you rant, different laws here and there so my question was fair.
    Property of Stolen Goods is a a crime in basically every western country.

Try again.

The issue was that it was incredibly HARD for the police to persecute, not that it wasn't a crime.

While the Law is not a set-in stone moral standard, we have a few universals, such as...don't take other people's shit. Your meager attempt at justifying taking other people's shit just shows how much of a scumbag you are.

Deleted
    Property of Stolen Goods is a a crime in basically every western country.

Try again.

The issue was that it was incredibly HARD for the police to persecute, not that it wasn't a crime.

While the Law is not a set-in stone moral standard, we have a few universals, such as...don't take other people's shit. Your meager attempt at justifying taking other people's shit just shows how much of a scumbag you are.
    Scumbag? I am not justifying anything. But thanks for clearly grasping the point.
    And I don't need to try again, your soul purpose here is to insult.
    Furthermore my question did not regard this particular situation but money found.
    Again in Belgium let's say I found 1000euro on the ground infront of your house, I'll bring it in to the authorities this happens:
    They keep it for 6months for you to come claim, after that it go's to the state.
    Not let's say you turn up within these 6 months, you basicly can't prove it's yours cause you can't prove it
    ( thats why we say in Belgium "There's no name on money" I think that you misunderstood that saying.)
    My point, if I found money ( not in a wallet that can point out the owner) I would basicly give it to the state.
    Let me remind you I am talking about MY country.
    My question was if this was the same in the states and you attack me on that.
    I hope this I cleared out now and you understand my intention of the question.
    No hard feelings.
    Last edited by mmoc5dbd52a5f1; 2017-09-21 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    It was stupid. No country has names on their bills, and you very well know it. It was a rethoric question intended to prove a moot point. I'm not going to respond to such cheap bait.
    And my "bubble" is actually the whole world. There is NO country in the world where theft is legal.

What you fundamentally fail to understand is that there is a VERY big difference between what is legal and what can't be proven. If I commit the perfect murder and no one is possibly able to prove my guilt, the murder itself is STILL illegal and I would STILL be a criminal. You can absolutely be a criminal scumbag even if there is no proof of it in a legally sufficient manner. Wrongness isn't defined by laws, they're only there to enable punishment of it in cases it can be proven in. Wrongness is a matter of society and basic human decency and morals. You seem to lack the latter two.

Case in point. The people still were thieves, but couldn't be punished without proper evidence. Evidence is proof of guilt, but a lack of evidence is NOT the same as proof of innocence. It's just that: A lack of evidence. The perpetators are still guilty though.

Some people have a really distorted understanding of right and wrong. Quite concerning.
    Again it is a saying *Money has no name on it* in Belgium. You still don't seem to get that.
    Yet you keep mixing up stolen money with found money in the same post. There is a huge difference here.
    I'm done, you are debating not discussing.

Yea you take the money and leave the credit cards and put the wallet back on the ground. Finders keepers is sacred.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Virtue Signaling" isn't true virtue.

Virtue signaling is showing off as you're a virtuous, moral person while actually not being it.

It's like if an actor came on television to talk about the importance of treating the people below you kindly, yet behaving like a complete inconsiderate prick when nobody is looking.

Using "Virtue Signaling" as an insult, thus, is valid. It's pretty much like saying they're a hypocrite.
    Virtue-signaling is used solely to shut down any and all arguments or actions conservatives don't agree with.

Unless people have suddenly developed ESP it's absolutely ridiculous to claim you can judge whether someone is actually moral/virtuous or not. Your actor example is flawed as actors are open to extreme scrutiny and are able to be judged based on their life and actions being put under a microscope. Yet I have personally been at the receiving end of that idiotic insult for any number of things but you nor anyone else knows anything about me other than what's listed on my profile so it's just empty tripe meant to devalue my actions because it goes against conservative values. Perhaps these people should work on their own moral compass rather than assume everyone else is a shitty person ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Also it hasn't escaped my notice that usually the ones who scream "cuck" the loudest are also the one vomiting "virtue-signaling" all over the place. It doesn't take a genius to figure out a common trend and its origins so I think it's safe to summarily dismiss someone who uses the aforementioned insults the same as someone who shouts Nazi at every opportunity.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Virtue-signaling is used solely to shut down any and all arguments or actions conservatives don't agree with.

Unless people have suddenly developed ESP it's absolutely ridiculous to claim you can judge whether someone is actually moral/virtuous or not. Your actor example is flawed as actors are open to extreme scrutiny and are able to be judged based on their life and actions being put under a microscope. Yet I have personally been at the receiving end of that idiotic insult for any number of things but you nor anyone else knows anything about me other than what's listed on my profile so it's just empty tripe meant to devalue my actions because it goes against conservative values. Perhaps these people should work on their own moral compass rather than assume everyone else is a shitty person ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Also it hasn't escaped my notice that usually the ones who scream "cuck" the loudest are also the one vomiting "virtue-signaling" all over the place. It doesn't take a genius to figure out a common trend and its origins so I think it's safe to summarily dismiss someone who uses the aforementioned insults the same as someone who shouts Nazi at every opportunity.
    What? There is absolutly nothing ridiculous about people being able to judge other people's morals, intentions or virtues. Since fucking Aristotle, humans have dwelved into the topic of "What makes people really virtuous and what makes them assholes".

Your counter argument of "Public scrutinity" was the most meaningless rhetoric I've ever seem. This past weekend, Gisele Bundchen, one of the richest people in the planet, went to a concert in my country to fucking sing "Imagine" and talk about saving the Amazon and tearing down "Walls".

While owning 3 gigantic mansions that could probably shelter an entire African country.

Virtue Signaling.

Oh yeah, making a parallel with nazis is also virtual signaling. Showing others where your alliances are. That you aren't one of these "bad guys".