Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be nice, but I think expulsion like the Spanish did the the Moors is more realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Is this what is meant by "fearmongering"

These lunatics are like 0.000001% of the nation
    Unfortunately they still do things like hit people with cars and bomb churches, despite their small numbers.

Don't worry though; "good people on both sides."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Richard Spencer coined the term because of his website called "Alternate Right". Considering Richard Spencer has been seen doing a lot of Nazi saluting during the campaign for Trump, it is safe to say that anyone that is with him is a Nazi.
    The thing is, liberals are applying that label, well, liberally. Not everyone who identifies as conservative, or even the vast majority of Trump supporters for that matter, identifies with, associates with or agrees with Richard Spencer. When you call everyone you disagree with Nazis, or you replace the word Nazi with Alt-right but still mean Nazi, you're removing the ability of people to disagree with both you and assholes like Spencer. Just in case you were wondering, when you're accusing someone of being evil, they begin to sympathize with everyone you're calling evil, not with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    As fun as the burning the US flag is, why are you calling them alt-left?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of them would have nothing against the Soviet political system in principle - a system where wrong opinions, which their favorite party would get to define, would get anyone who disagrees with them sent to concentration camps - but they just can't live without their iPhones.
    Antifa are made up of mostly anarcho communists and dem socs, you're ignorant if you think those ideologies get even close to stalinism.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Anarchist aren't left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Antifa are made up of mostly anarcho communists and dem socs, you're ignorant if you think those ideologies get even close to stalinism.
    @Gilrak always pulls through for me. Love you babe!

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    A snippet from one of the articles linked below

Interesting Opinion articles to say the least. While the Raw Story article is questionable...the Times one is very interesting.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/its-...r-their-money/
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/1...ndercover.html
    Though many members of the alt-right claim to not be racists or white supremacists, videos recorded by an infiltrator among their ranks proves otherwise. Can the same be said about muslim terrorists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbell View Post
    I never even heard of the "alt-right" until someone on the left invented that term. What the heck does it mean anyway? Does it mean the Klan? Does it mean Nazis? I don't think I have ever even seen a klansman since the 70s to be truthful and I live in Alabama. I live in a mixed neighborhood. Someone form NJ asked me how I could live with black people. Really?
    I believe the Alternative Right is so named as a reference to the fact that while the Right wing of American politics has traditionally been associated with such things as policies designed to disenfranchise minorities, the civil war, etc most of their Politicians will at least play lip service to equality if only just barely. A side effect of this is that while I'm fairly certain most republicans aren't actually particularly racist, they are kept afloat as a party by the support of people who mostly vote for the sake of racism/sexism/jesus or whatever other super important thing they believe in that minorities apparently don't.

The Alternative Right then, is essentially this subgroup of racists who've finally decided that the pseudo prejudices of the republican party aren't enough for them anymore, and want to bring race (specifically theirs, and why its super important compared to yours) to the forefront of party politics. Hence, the 'Alternative Right'. Racist Right Wingers who dislike the fact theyve been strung along with 'kind of' racist policies for all these years from a party that will just as soon tell their groups to suck a D post election as anything else.

Again. I can't emphasize enough that I'm fairly certain a large number of Right Wingers aren't really racist - But anyone paying attention would have to be blind or a moron not to accept that the party is definitely powered by a fair amount of support from people of that stripe.

Went undercover
    Why do I think that's code for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    There's another phenomena though, where anyone that's center or a bit wishy washy on the internet gets called a Nazi.
    That's phenomenon in the singular.

Yes, I am a Grammar Nazi.

[QUOTE=Gilrak;47375130]As fun as the burning the US flag is, why are you calling them alt-left?/QUOTE]

mostly because it makes them mad, and there are democrats in this country that haven't gone stupid and started shrieking "NAZI!" at anyone who disagrees with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    I believe the Alternative Right is so named as a reference to the fact that while the Right wing of American politics has traditionally been associated with such things as policies designed to disenfranchise minorities, the civil war, etc most of their Politicians will at least play lip service to equality if only just barely. A side effect of this is that while I'm fairly certain most republicans aren't actually particularly racist, they are kept afloat as a party by the support of people who mostly vote for the sake of racism/sexism/jesus or whatever other super important thing they believe in that minorities apparently don't.

The Alternative Right then, is essentially this subgroup of racists who've finally decided that the pseudo prejudices of the republican party aren't enough for them anymore, and want to bring race (specifically theirs, and why its super important compared to yours) to the forefront of party politics. Hence, the 'Alternative Right'. Racist Right Wingers who dislike the fact theyve been strung along with 'kind of' racist policies for all these years from a party that will just as soon tell their groups to suck a D post election as anything else.

Again. I can't emphasize enough that I'm fairly certain a large number of Right Wingers aren't really racist - But anyone paying attention would have to be blind or a moron not to accept that the party is definitely powered by a fair amount of support from people of that stripe.
    Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, also the Civil rights movement was assisted by Republicans, and led by Republican Martin Luther King. The Ku Klux Klan was also the violent arm of the Democrats when it was created to force the new black voters to vote for Democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa..._(1954–1968)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Are we really pretending this is happening now?

Raise your hands if you've seen someone violently preaching communism on the corner of your street today.

Berkely, Charlottesville, Huntington. Pretend harder Pinko.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Are we really pretending this is happening now?

Raise your hands if you've seen someone violently preaching communism on the corner of your street today.

Of course people are pretending that. When a very important part of your pathetic life is to make a country you actually have no first hand knowledge of look like you presentation to other no lifers with a similar opinion then they will do just about anything to make it come true. I mean outside of a few spots were large protests are staged for one side or the other and then the other side counters with an anti-protest it is next to non-existent. Do you have a few random nut jobs? Always. But when I am walking down my city street to go eat some lunch do I run into people preaching Communism or Nazism? LUL, no.

I am sitting here eatting bacon, eggs, and toast. No bullets flying though the house. No police beating up people outside. No Nazi or Commie flag burning going on outside. My kid is taking calculus in high school. That is real America. It isn't perfect and bad shit does happen but it isn't what we all live with every day and a lot of people never see it once. That is the simple truth. I don't like Fox News but I get the feeling a lot of people here get their information from a similar echo chamber that preaches what they want to hear about an America on fire and the collapse of society. Just isn't happening. We just have a dumb fuck president. With some dumb fuck people in government that are agenda driven instead of people driven. Been though it before and we will get though it again. Just like these pretending people will too.

Who cares its emty words, are people really buying into thinking that would happen, relax guys its not good for the heart.

We have police taking care of stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Of course people are pretending that. When a very important part of your pathetic life is to make a country you actually have no first hand knowledge of look like you presentation to other no lifers with a similar opinion then they will do just about anything to make it come true. I mean outside of a few spots were large protests are staged for one side or the other and then the other side counters with an anti-protest it is next to non-existent. Do you have a few random nut jobs? Always. But when I am walking down my city street to go eat some lunch do I run into people preaching Communism or Nazism? LUL, no.

I am sitting here eatting bacon, eggs, and toast. No bullets flying though the house. No police beating up people outside. No Nazi or Commie flag burning going on outside. My kid is taking calculus in high school. That is real America. It isn't perfect and bad shit does happen but it isn't what we all live with every day and a lot of people never see it once. That is the simple truth. I don't like Fox News but I get the feeling a lot of people here get their information from a similar echo chamber that preaches what they want to hear about an America on fire and the collapse of society. Just isn't happening. We just have a dumb fuck president. With some dumb fuck people in government that are agenda driven instead of people driven. Been though it before and we will get though it again. Just like these pretending people will too.
    You, I like. We need more people that realise holocaust 2.0 isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    If you Nazi fearmongers had even a shred of integrity to your concerns, you'd be even more afraid of the rise of AntiFa in universities around the world - THESE are the people that will lead the world in 30-40 years, not the fucking alt right, you idiots.
    Stop teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post

Great, great post.

[QUOTE=raz98;47375507]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    As fun as the burning the US flag is, why are you calling them alt-left?/QUOTE]

mostly because it makes them mad, and there are democrats in this country that haven't gone stupid and started shrieking "NAZI!" at anyone who disagrees with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, also the Civil rights movement was assisted by Republicans, and led by Republican Martin Luther King. The Ku Klux Klan was also the violent arm of the Democrats when it was created to force the new black voters to vote for Democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa..._(1954–1968)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan
    I didnt say "thats what they are" I said "thats what theyre currently known for and viewed as"

Even you have to admit that todays republicans are no longer the party of lincoln, regardless of how you sugar coat it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I always wondered why we never talk more about that. How in the world did they go from poor as hell to perhaps the strongest nation on earth in 10-20 years?
    Motivation. Revenge is a damn strong motivation. With the proper motivation you can get shit done. Their militarization went from post WWI of "You can't have a piece of string" to "EVERYVUN HAS GUNS JA....except das juden".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ....and they claimed fear mongering was something only the right engaged in.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    You know how I know you are full of shit. I'm from NJ, this state is more racially diverse than fucking Alabama.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...can_population

Total racial diversity is not the same thing as proportion of african-americans. The south-east tends towards higher proportions of african-americans than most other regions for reasons that should be obvious. It also depends heavily on what part of the state you are in. There are counties in alabama that are 80% black, New Jersey has no where even remotely close to that.