Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump praises health care of Nambia, a nonexistent African country

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/21/africa...rnd/index.html

President Donald Trump lavished praise on the health care system of Nambia during a speech at the United Nations. But there's one little problem -- there's no such country.

"In Guinea and Nigeria, you fought a horrifying Ebola outbreak," Trump told African leaders gathered Wednesday. "Nambia's health system is increasingly self-sufficient."

Trump mentioned Nambia twice during the session attended by leaders of several nations, including Ghana, Namibia and Uganda.

The gaffe lit up social media, with many speculating whether he meant Namibia, Zambia or Gambia, all of which have names that sound similar.

The White House later clarified that Trump was talking about the southwestern African nation of Namibia. Namibia dodged the Ebola outbreak that killed thousands in Africa two years ago and affected several nations, including the United States.

At the time, Namibia revamped its health care system to ward off an Ebola outbreak and treat sudden infections.

The tiny nation of 2.5 million people is one of the world's biggest producers of uranium. It shares borders with Angola, Zambia, South Africa and Botswana.

Nambia aside, Trump also applauded the continent's economic progress during the speech.

"Africa has tremendous business potential," he said. "I have so many friends going to your countries, trying to get rich. I congratulate you. They're spending a lot of money."

Meanwhile, here are nine reasons to spend your money in Namibia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can be assumed he said "Namibia" but Trumped it up a bit.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I'd call this title misleading. He pretty clearly mispronounced Namibia. Doesn't mean he's not an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I hope he doesn't give any Nambians amnety.

Let's be honest, he clearly meant Narnia.

So Trump is trying to get rid of the ACA and hates the idea of a government single payer health care system. While at the same time praises a county for it great health care system which is a government ran single payer system.....boggle.

Deleted
    I guess the people who train him for speeches have given up :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    So Trump is trying to get rid of the ACA and hates the idea of a government single payer health care system. While at the same time praises a county for it great health care system which is a government ran single payer system.....boggle.
    He probably thinks Trumpcare is single payer.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Is he getting foreign policy pointers from Herman Cain?

10+ Year Old Account
    We all remember how Nambian immigrants committed the Bowling Green Massacre. #BuildTheWall #TravelBan #MAGA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    This isn't even the first time he's done that. He's praised Australia and Canada for their healthcare systems as well.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    We all remember how Nambian immigrants committed the Bowling Green Massacre. #BuildTheWall #TravelBan #MAGA
    Hahaha god damnit, this has been such a ludicrous year so far that I'd completely forgotten about the Bowling Green Massacre. I'm failing as this "never forget" thing : (

Maybe he meant Narnia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let us all remember that the leader of Nambia, king Covfefe, has committed many crimes against humanity. Biggly. We need to shut down all travel from that place, until we can figure out what's going on.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yeah, still funny though. No surprise from the president of deplorables that he can't be bothered to learn the correct pronunciation of words he's speaking when in front of world leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yeah, still funny though. No surprise from the president of deplorables that he can't be bothered to learn the correct pronunciation of words he's speaking when in front of world leaders.
    And if they can mock Obama for "57 states" then we can mock Trump for "Nambia"
    Putin khuliyo

This is just a run of the mill gaffe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And if they can mock Obama for "57 states" then we can mock Trump for "Nambia"
    Exactly - I mean, sure, even if those that mock Obama for that don't understand the difference between the two - we can still let them have it. They are going to need something to grasp onto after their God-King is dethroned and imprisoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    He probably thinks Trumpcare is single payer.
    That means that everyone has to pay for their insurance right? A single person per person needs to buy insurance.

It's clearly Namibia but he didn't care so he only remembered part of it.

A pity we can't have a president with an attention span longer than 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Let's be honest, he clearly meant Narnia.
    "The president and a small group of people knew exactly what he meant." - Spicey