Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Mass Effect isn't shelved for good. I'm going to say that once Anthem is released and the next Dragon age that they will start on the next Mass Effect. They would be silly not for the reasons why he says they will likely revisit the IP.
    Make that two Anthems. Or three. And remaster of the first one to PS5 and XBox 720NoScope. Or a remaster of all three in a trilogy collection.

I hope they do make another ME game. Just about to finish Andromeda and it was much better than I had thought, though still lacking comparing to ME2 and ME3. But Bioware can make improvements, look at the major improvements between ME1 and ME2. A follow-up has the potential to be really good, after all, the community has been pretty vocal about what they didn't like with the game...

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    I hope they do make another ME game. Just about to finish Andromeda and it was much better than I had thought, though still lacking comparing to ME2 and ME3. But Bioware can make improvements, look at the major improvements between ME1 and ME2. A follow-up has the potential to be really good, after all, the community has been pretty vocal about what they didn't like with the game...
    There will not be any follow up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There will not be any follow up.
    That isn't true and you know it. EA has stated that they will revisit Mass Effect at some point. There just isn't another Mass Effect game in development right now. They have said nothing about never following up Andromeda or any of the story lines of Andromeda.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

That isn't true and you know it. EA has stated that they will revisit Mass Effect at some point. There just isn't another Mass Effect game in development right now. They have said nothing about never following up Andromeda or any of the story lines of Andromeda.
    We might get another reboot after 10 years of Anthem, but Andromeda 2?

No.

Deleted
    Does Andromeda have some optimization issues on PC? I bought it yesterday and couldn't play for more than 20 minutes. Auto-detect had my graphics at medium quality but the game still looked quite mushy and didn't run smoothly. No big FPS drops but just not smooth don't know how else to describe it. I ran ME3 on my machine with beauty settings and smooth as silk gameplay. Has my machine just fallen so far behind or has anyone else had these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Does Andromeda have some optimization issues on PC? I bought it yesterday and couldn't play for more than 20 minutes. Auto-detect had my graphics at medium quality but the game still looked quite mushy and didn't run smoothly. No big FPS drops but just not smooth don't know how else to describe it. I ran ME3 on my machine with beauty settings and smooth as silk gameplay. Has my machine just fallen so far behind or has anyone else had these issues?
    What specs do you have? ME3 is old Unreal 3 game, Andromeda is fresh Frostbite game.

15+ Year Old Account
    We might get another reboot after 10 years of Anthem, but Andromeda 2? No.
    Unless you have a source to back that up it is silly to say something is certain.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Unless you have a source to back that up it is silly to say something is certain.
    Andromeda was critical and commercial failure. The name has no value.

On the contrary, it is a liability. "Mass Effect" will remind people of the original trilogy. "Mass Effect Andromeda" will just remind them about this fresh mess. Easier to market a game without Andromeda's backage attached to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary, it is a liability. "Mass Effect" will remind people of the original trilogy. "Mass Effect Andromeda" will just remind them about this fresh mess. Easier to market a game without Andromeda's backage attached to it.
    So in other words you don't have proof. Are stating it as proof. But it is all just your opinion. Gotcha. You said it would be 10 years of Anthem before they make another mass effect. So 10 years is "fresh"? Will people also over look the controversy of Mass Effect 3? Guess they have to change the name from Mass Effect now as well.

Andromeda also wasn't a commercial failure. It wasn't a commercial success but by no means have the labeled it a failure. It has even paid for its development cost.

Andromeda also wasn't a commercial failure. It wasn't a commercial success but by no means have the labeled it a failure. It has even paid for its development cost.
    If it was a success they wouldn't have dropped the support few months after launch.

If it was a success they wouldn't have dropped the support few months after launch.
    Your quote of him says in it that it wasn't a success. They arent arguing that at all.

But it isn't a failure either. It's in that grey area where it paid off the cost to create it, but had little profit after.

I honestly enjoyed Andromeda. Replayed it 2 weeks ago. The combat feels much more fun and free. The story needed a bit of work, but it had a ton of potential that could have been explored in sequels. I was personally hoping for a sequel with a leap like ME1 to ME2 for quality in the areas it suffered in.

I hope they revisit it again eventually. Same goes for Dead Space. Not a fan of the EA shelf.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't call it a success.

It wasn't a commercial success but by no means have the labeled it a failure.
    They have talked little about the game but what they have said wasn't that it was a complete failure. It made enough to pay for its development might if barely. There is middle ground between failure and success for games. It didn't perform how they wanted clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Your quote of him says in it that it wasn't a success. They arent arguing that at all.

But it isn't a failure either. It's in that grey area where it paid off the cost to create it, but had little profit after.
    Then it's a failure.

Games are business. They are made to create profits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then it's a failure. Games are business. They are made to create profits.
    Then it isn't a failure by your own words. It created a profit, just not a big one.

Then it isn't a failure by your own words. It created a profit, just not a big one.
    Then why did they kill it off so soon? It failed bad enough to stop all future development on the title.

They placed many hooks for sequels/DLC, but the game didn't turn enough profit so they could deliver on them.

It is a failure. No way around it.

15+ Year Old Account
    They placed many hooks for sequels/DLC, but the game didn't turn enough profit so they could deliver on them. It is a failure. No way around it.
    A little profit, but not enough, is still a profit. So what again is the definition for a game not being a failure? You keep changing what that definition is.

They are also still supporting Multiplayer and even are coming out with new multiplayer content soon. So they haven't dropped all support for the game. So it looks like the new definition you are using for failure doesn't fit.

https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass...in-multiplayer
    While there are no planned patches, our team is continuing to look into quality-of-life requests from our players. We’ll also have more opportunities for you to get APEX elite packs, including a special N7 Day mission.
    It isn't a success but it clearly isn't a failure. It made a profit. It still has a small amount of support and "new content" planned to release through November at least.

Then it's a failure.

Your black and white views don't really reflect reality.
    I even mentioned they make a profit, just not much compared to others that strike gold.

You're better off going the route of, "Due to ME: Andromeda not attaining the desired amount of profit and the negative press related to it, we will shelf it until it feels better to bring it back." It didn't succeed in making ME trilogy profits, but it didn't cause a loss either.

I'd say some criticism was fair, this separate studio totally didn't capture the old trilogy magic. It had something different and fans were not looking for something new, nor did they have the desire to let the studio find their footing and develop the new saga further.

But with individuals like you, it is difficult to do. Because it is either a success or failure. =/

On the plus side, the movie industry is fine with bringing in new talent to make movies. Jon Watts was a director who made Clown which made a tiny bit of profit, akin to ME: Andromeda. And Cop Car which was a loss iirc. Marvel took him anyway and gave him a chance to make the new Spiderman with Sony. He went from movies that had 1 to 5 million dollar budgets to 175. And he made over 4 times that in the box office. A little shy of a billion dollar box office.

Seems game publishers and critics don't want to give those types of chances though.

But that'll be it from me. Doubt your black and white view will change, your misinterpretation of quotes kind of shows that.

All the best to the Mass Effect team when they eventually get another shot. It by then, it is highly possible another new team or branch of the studio will have to shoulder the burden and deal with the pressure of bringing ME back.

Edit:
    "Year-on-year growth was driven by the Mass Effect: Andromeda sales, captured in the quarter and by FIFA,” CFO Blake Jorgensen explains. “Digital net sales were $681 million, a new record for the first quarter, and up $113 million on the year-ago period. The increase reflects strength in live services, together with our mobile business. In addition, Mass Effect: Andromeda was a significant contributor. Full game PC and console downloads generated net sales of $111 million, 32% higher than last year. This was driven by Mass Effect: Andromeda sales captured in the quarter.”

EA didn't think it was a failure. Just not worth further pursuit while they have other IPs to test.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2017-09-21 at 05:42 PM.

A little profit, but not enough, is still a profit. So what again is the definition for a game not being a failure? You keep changing what that definition is.

They are also still supporting Multiplayer and even are coming out with new multiplayer content soon. So they haven't dropped all support for the game. So it looks like the new definition you are using for failure doesn't fit.

https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass...in-multiplayer

It isn't a success but it clearly isn't a failure. It made a profit. It still has a small amount of support and "new content" planned to release through November at least.
    There is no actual new development going on for the MP. No new assets, no new maps unless they can salvage something used in the SP. They just have few guys keeping it up as long they can milk the lootboxes.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no actual new development going on for the MP. No new assets, no new maps unless they can salvage something used in the SP. They just have few guys keeping it up as long they can milk the lootboxes.
    A few guys is still far from "no support". They still have a content release schedule and are sticking to it. They have even said they are looking into some basic improvements players are requesting. Looking into new improvements is "new development. So again by your own words it isn't a failure.