Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    Probably not, but with it supposedly being in the hands of bronzy Soridormi and the fairly recent introduction of the deaths of chromie, there could be a loose connection there.
    What would that accomplish? Illidan's second vial wouldn't serve any purpose when we already have the same stuff pouring out of the ground en masse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Firstly, I'd advise you to stop cite Wowpedia and Wowwiki. They aren't from Blizzard, and thus held as much canonical values as my, or your words. The articles were written, and edited by players. In other words, they can be wrong - and in fact, they were wrong a number of times. Quoting them doesn't give you any more credit than just saying your own opinions. The same reason why universities don't accept Wikipedia as a proper source in your research papers, by the way. If you are referring to them (which is fine, as they are a good collection of information after all), make sure to check the sources and cite it properly. Did you miss that I didn't cite any opinion, just the interview or direct page / quote from the game?
    Also, just stop using Wowwiki altogether and stick to Wowpedia. The information there was outdated and wrong so many times. There wasn't anything up to debate except the head of whoever wrote that bit of that Wowwiki article when Afrasiabi said - in fact, AFTER he made the statement that Me'dan being Guardian is not canon - that the comics are still canon.

You realized that the cinematics showing things happening to Deathwing and things happening on Azeroth does NOT neccessarily mean the later was direct result of the later, right? It's entirely possible that Deathwing was simply give us a badass boast without the truth in it, just like almost every other bosses, while the scenes showing that for the impact values. Sure, it only means things were uncertain, but then we have the Word of God stating that the Cataclysm happened because of the Old Gods. And as usual, WoG > all by definition. Even if it wasn't true until the moment they said it, the lore have to reshape itself to make it true. Thus, when they say "Because of the Old Gods", it's because of them. No ifs, or buts, unless you are trying to argue against WoG (which then, good luck having anyone with proper knowledge of how to discuss things take you seriously). If you truly don't want to believe it, you are free to bring the issue up to Blizzard and have them refute it - I'll gladly adjust my knowledge just like I did many times when Blizzard decided to change things.

Firstly, I'd advise you to stop cite Wowpedia and Wowwiki. They aren't from Blizzard, and thus held as much canonical values as my, or your words. The articles were written, and edited by players. In other words, they can be wrong - and in fact, they were wrong a number of times. Quoting them doesn't give you any more credit than just saying your own opinions. The same reason why universities don't accept Wikipedia as a proper source in your research papers, by the way. If you are referring to them (which is fine, as they are a good collection of information after all), make sure to check the sources and cite it properly. Did you miss that I didn't cite any opinion, just the interview or direct page / quote from the game?
    Also, just stop using Wowwiki altogether and stick to Wowpedia. The information there was outdated and wrong so many times. There wasn't anything up to debate except the head of whoever wrote that bit of that Wowwiki article when Afrasiabi said - in fact, AFTER he made the statement that Me'dan being Guardian is not canon - that the comics are still canon.

Just because it was a concept doesn't mean it will automatically apply to everything. The dead monster was - as you stated, dead. Dead, not alive. It can come back to life, so what? Just for the record in case you aren't aware of, everything in WoW, with the exception of (ironically) the supposedly immortal demons who are killed in the Nether, can come back to life one way or another. Even Medivh who got his head chopped off, his inside burned away completely and left with just ragged skins, could be brought back. It's just the matter of preparing enough energy. However, can come back to life doesn't mean you are not, well, dead. Otherwise, we may pretty much say that everyone who died in WoW with their corpse still intact aren't dead. They technically can still be resurrected if we bother to, see?

The demons weren't considered dead because they can naturally, without anyone helping or any outside interactions, come back by themselves. Again, there hasn't been any indication that the OGs can do the same.

Obviously we do. Keywords: Old Gods' servants. Biased, crazy, and have been wrong multiple times. Unreliable narrator is a thing, and it means that NPC (every NPCs) words aren't always the truth. A threat is even less trustworthy than a normal speech. Otherwise, C'Thun would have stalemated a Titan as said by Prophet Ske'ram (nope). Y'Shaarj would have been beating by mere Mogu as told in their tablets (nope). My friends would have betrayed me and my heart would have exploded during C'Thun's fight (nope). Of course, that's not to say everything NPCs say are falsehood, but their words - both our sides' and the enemies' - aren't always 100% trustworthy. If they conflict with the more meta sources - Blizzard's answer, omniscient narrators in quest texts or comics - obviously you know which will triumph. WoG is a thing.

... So we went from dead, to dead dead? If by dead dead, you meant "will never, and can never come back in anyway" (which is the usual meaning of dead dead / deader than dead), then obviously nothing and no one - including me - has said they are so. We are saying they are dead. Either you are having some issue with reading comprehension, or you are trying to bend your arguments to make it better. So, what is it? Are you arguing that they aren't dead dead and you just misunderstood everyone else (which then we can stop as no one is disagreeing with this), or are you arguing that they aren't dead? Make up your mind.

If you are arguing that they aren't dead, then all the links I put in my previous post - from the in-game texts from the omniscient narrator (in other word, isn't as susceptible to being wrong as an NPC) to out-of-game comics stated so. That they are dead.

The event in Ulduar doesn't mean anything. Dead powerful beings can interact with normal world just fine in WoW, that doesn't make them alive. Y'Shaarj, who was ripped into pieces when Aman'thul plucked him off Azeroth and was stated by Kosak to be "Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead", still contaminate Pandaria and spawn Shas (which is pretty much what happens in Ulduar, the Saronite clouds spawned the Echoes - unlike Sha, those were just Echoes, not even living being to begin with). MU Gul'dan, who was only an orc, not even a demon, can still whispers and hold proper two-way conversations with people (which is actually better than the dead OGs repeated whispers). Those aren't the sign of living, or again, we'd have a bunch of dead characters still being alive.
    So basically your arguement has now boiled down to using selective head canon theories alongside "you are wrong because i said so, your sources are invalid, everything is invalid, you are invalid."

Yeeeeah, we're done here i think. I'd have an easier time trying to teach a flat earther how to use a globe.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What would that accomplish? Illidan's second vial wouldn't serve any purpose when we already have the same stuff pouring out of the ground en masse.
    I don't know. I'm just noting the loose connection. I mean, we're in a game where we went to an alternate past timeline so I figure everything's up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Y'Shaarj had his heart locked away in a Titan containment facility. Also, did you think the Titans just had a fetish for locking away armies of Faceless Ones? The C'thrax were locked away, and this is practically explicitly stated, because they don't stay dead. Xal'atath directly tells you that Zakajz is just going to get the fuck up on his own one day if you don't do something to keep him dead. That is what indicates they self-revive. Because that's what we're told.
    Once again just because he gets up one day does in no way mean he will do it on his own, as i said before there is a good chance they culminate power in the afterlife in the hopes to get up again, it does not change the fact that they are dead and once again no special case, because anything can be brought back to life with enough energy thrown at it.

Old gods and their minions can be destroyed just like everything else, but similar to demons they might get a new physical form at one point, that does not mean you can't take them down and kill them or that they can't stay dead for good, revival is not a certainty. There are other beings elementals, wild gods etc. who have similar attributes

And again the titans didn't want to kill the rest of the old gods/ armies because of possible side effects.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-09-21 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    I don't know. I'm just noting the loose connection. I mean, we're in a game where we went to an alternate past timeline so I figure everything's up for grabs.
    There is no connection beyond both being Azeroth's blood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Once again just because he gets up one day does in no way mean he will do it on his own, as i said before there is a good chance they culminate power in the afterlife in the hopes to get up again, it does not change the fact that they are dead and once again no special case, because anything can be brought back to life with enough energy thrown at it.

Old gods and their minions can be destroyed just like everything else, but similar to demons they might get a new physical form at one point, that does not mean you can't take them down and kill them or that they can stay dead for good, revival is not a certainty. There are other beings elementals, wild gods etc. who have similar attributes
    You get told that he will get up on his own if you don't do anything about it. Not that he might or could.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So basically your arguement has now boiled down to using selective head canon theories alongside "you are wrong because i said so, your sources are invalid, everything is invalid, you are invalid."

Yeeeeah, we're done here i think. I'd have an easier time trying to teach a flat earther how to use a globe.
    For your credits, I wouldn't have an easier time trying to teach a flat earther how to use a globe. I'd have the around same amount of difficulty, seeing that both of you will be trying to disagree facts. Maybe a bit harder in the flat earther case, as we don't have real life Word of God, after all.

Next time you have to write a research paper - I assume you haven't graduated an university yet as any fresh-graduate / post-grad will know it - keep in mind that pedias sites are not accepted as proper sources. Your sources are invalid because you failed the cite an official sources - in other words, Blizzard's quotes, in-game quest text, the comic pages or any novels' quotes. It's no more valid than quoting random post A on MMO-C, in other words, not at all. But don't worry, you are still very young (or at least, mentally), just stick with whatever helps you sleep at night.

Yeah, we are done here. Really, I should have realized it's an futile attempt to try to enlighten someone who still trying to refuse to listen to WoG, canonical sources and calling them "headcanon" nowadays. It was worth a laugh, I guess?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-21 at 04:49 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

You get told that he will get up on his own if you don't do anything about it. Not that he might or could.
    Same goes for cenarius, but it is still possible to destroy him for good, or demons. And again there are entire races compromised of old god essence and their very flesh, but they do not regenerate. Then there is Xala'atath herself, pretty much a piece of an old gods corpse, never regaining her form and blizzard telling us the old gods are dead except for N'zoth etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    For your credits, I wouldn't have an easier time trying to teach a flat earther how to use a globe. I'd have the around same amount of difficulty, seeing that both of you will be trying to disagree facts. Maybe a bit harder in the flat earther case, as we don't have real life Word of God, after all.

Next time you have to write a research paper - I assume you haven't graduated an university yet as any fresh-graduate / post-grad will know it - keep in mind that pedias sites are not accepted as proper sources. Your sources are invalid because you failed the cite an official sources - in other words, Blizzard's quotes, in-game quest text, the comic pages or any novels' quotes. But don't worry, you are still very young (or at least, mentally), just stick with whatever helps you sleep at night and pray for the tiny tiny chance for Blizzard to retcon things (which isn't too likely to happen, but who knows).

Yeah, we are done here. Really, I should have realized it's an futile attempt to try to enlighten someone who still trying to refuse to listen to WoG, canonical sources and calling them "headcanon" nowadays. It was worth a laugh, I guess?
    You still have not given any canonical sources though?

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    You still have not given any canonical sources though?
    Even if you are trying to ignore WoG (which was laughable enough), did you also miss the comic and, if you even want to ignore the comics, the in-game text from the omniscient narrator quest? This, for example?
    Quote Originally Posted by C'Thun's Legacy
    The walls of Ahn'Qiraj tremble. A force of evil, older than the world itself, has been destroyed.
    As you look at the remnants of the colossal abomination your heart nearly freezes. Even in death you can feel the legacy of C'Thun's evil around you.
    You have done what was thought to be impossible.
    (I'm not even using our side NPCs' quotes - like the more recent Xal'atath's "It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be" or the older Yogg's salty death speech "The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity" because they technically can be subjected to being wrong or lies just like Old Gods' worshippers NPCS)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-21 at 04:57 PM.

Once again just because he gets up one day does in no way mean he will do it on his own,
    "The cultists may try to stir him again, or he could awaken on his own. "
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Blade_in_Twilight

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    "The cultists may try to stir him again, or he could awaken on his own. "
    Once again you are arguing for old gods themselves and all of their powerful minions, despite the fact we haven't seen this as an universal process. There are strong minions that can regenerate and others who cannot, who need to be brought back through rituals. Then there are beings that need to draw on power from a different plane of existence in order to return once again. So in conclusion the old gods and their minions die just like the rest of the wow universe, they are nothing particular special.The difference being that it is easier for them to return from the dead.

Xal'atath whispers: It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Xal%27atat...e_Black_Empire
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-09-21 at 04:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Every single fucking time in threads about OG some moron comes and tries to force his headcanon ignoring blue posts and lore. C'thun and Yogg are dead.
    got a source?
    because they tried to reawaken cthun in the comics after we defeated him.
    you can still very much see yogsarron in action speaking and whispering, when we go to uldluar he speaks to us.
    also oh yeah, why if the titans could weaken them enough to imprison them, would they not just then have their forces kill them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

C'THUN voice audio from Vanilla. Interesting note - one of his line is sounds out of place "Your heart will explode". WTF ROFL.

Once again you are arguing for old gods themselves and all of their powerful minions, despite the fact we haven't seen this as an universal process. There are strong minions that can regenerate and others who cannot, who need to be brought back through rituals. Then there are beings that need to draw on power from a different plane of existence in order to return once again. So in conclusion the old gods and their minions die just like the rest of the wow universe, they are nothing particular special.The difference being that it is easier for them to return from the dead.
    I'm saying that it's certainly implied with all their "I only sleep" talk that they do not die as thoroughly as most other lifeforms, and are in many ways associated with cancers. The flesh of their servants are often described to still be pulsating even after they've been killed, suggesting that their form of "life" isn't exactly typical.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Faceless_O...Withered_Brain
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Brain_of_the_Unfathomable
    It's likely that they're more capable of physically regenerating from death than traditional forms of life. They're like a malignant cancer. They're dead, but that doesn't mean quite the same thing for them. In sufficient time, or "strange aeons" as the quote would go, they likely cease to be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Her heart is a crater and we have filled it
    I came to this thread to make a joke about the Vindicaar nuking Silithus from orbit because they remembered it was full of billions of giant bugs, but HOLY SHIT you're right. I had filed that quote away as a metaphorical thing for a character we already know then kind of put it aside but that would make so much sense :O

Good on you for remembering it so fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    got a source?
    you can still very much see yogsarron in action speaking and whispering, when we go to uldluar he speaks to us.
    also oh yeah, why if the titans could weaken them enough to imprison them, would they not just then have their forces kill them?
    Cho'gall wasn't trying to reawaken C'Thun. He was trying to resurrect it from death.

Also:

Already mentioned above:

Yogg itself says it's gonna die and it's kinda salty about dying. "Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity."

Speaking from a corpse is nothing new. Gul'dan could do it through his skull. It's most likely related to the Law of Sympathy.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-09-21 at 05:09 PM.

got a source?
    Old gods are literary nothing to the titans, they could crush them to death with their bare hands, step on them or just obliterate them with a spell, the only reason the rest of them did not end up like Y'Shaarj is due to the fact, that they had burrowed so deep the other titans were afraid they could wound Azeroth.

Speaking to someone does not mean you are alive, we speak with dead people all the time. And they tried to resurrect C'thun in that comic.

got a source?
    They tried to resurrect C'Thun in the comics, it was stated right here (scroll down a bit) that "The Old God, C'Thun, who once lay beneath the ancient ruins, is dead...".

In-game quest text here also stated that C'Thun "has been destroyed" and "Even in death you can feel the legacy of C'Thun's evil around you".

The Titans didn't kill them because Azeroth was already greatly wounded when Aman'thul ripped Y'Shaarj from the world, they probably didn't want to injure it any further. Even if they don't kill them in Aman'thul's manner, the world would still likely be weakened - as stated in that Q&A corner, when the guy asked why nothing happened after two are down, Afrasiabi & Kosak answered with "Have you played any Cataclysm? You know, when the world blows up? Because of the Old Gods (in plural)". The guy asked for further confirmation "Because of the Old Gods???", and got another "Yes, because of the Old Gods".

Kosak stated here that the Titans actually killed a lot of the Old Gods - probably after Azeroth when they don't have to care much about injure the world: "Not every Old God is still alive and plotting. The Titans actually did kill a lot, so this particular Old God (was referring to Y'Shaarj) is dead. And is safely dead. Not all of the Old Gods were imprisoned". I mean, after all, Sargeras and Aman'thul killed them with just pure brute force instead of using any sort of complex magic ritual.

You don't need to be alive to act and whispers in WoW-verse, just need enough power See MU Gul'dan for example.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-21 at 05:12 PM.

There is no connection beyond both being Azeroth's blood.
    Which would be a "loose" connection, but my particular comment on that was referring to the bronze dragonflight.

Arguing about the the old gods status is so irrelevant. The Old gods will be dead, just like the Titans, until the story Blizzard wants to tell no longer calls for them to be dead. Then they will be alive or be resurrected. The Old gods are Schrödinger's cat, they are both alive and dead all at once.