Poll: Squish?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This poll and discussion so far have convinced me: a level squish is definitely a good idea. Hope you're reading this, Blizzard!

I look forward to level cap resetting to 50 soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    This poll and discussion so far have convinced me: a level squish is definitely a good idea. Hope you're reading this, Blizzard!

Sure, if you want to cull nearly all the player base. your poll is > 50% against you. Maybe that is your plan all along to conquer the AH by pissing everyone off.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Itemlevel squish is going to happen, level squish not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like MMO-C disagrees with you OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling should of stopped being a thing at lvl 60. the only thing that should of increased is the Ilvl of the gear from expansion to expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Leveling should of stopped being a thing at lvl 60. the only thing that should of increased is the Ilvl of the gear from expansion to expansion.
    Isn't it will force players go through old dungeons/raid to progress when leveling new character?

Well, that poll is definitely not going to help you get it done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought that a prestige kind of system would've been better than just upping the level. After 100 you would prestige and it would bring you back down to level 1 but it'll be like level 1 elite or some kind of classification or rank name showing that you prestiged. I thought that would've been more creative and fun than just going to 110, 120, 130. It's too late now so whatever.

I don't know to me when you go over level 100 in RPGs it starts to kind of lose meaning. Like what's the point of levels if you're just going to keep going up and up. You might as well not even bother with character levels. That's how I feel anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, there are too many goddamn levels. The delta between 100 and 110, or 110 and 120, starts to feel kind of meaningless. Also it's no secret that the leveling grind feels a tad excessive to most players at this point.

Given the likelihood of level scaling tech spreading throughout existing pre-Legion content, thus obviating the need to have enough levels to reasonably cover available content, doesn't it seem like it's about time for a level squish in WoW? Freshen things up a bit, ya know?

I would personally like to see max level squished to 20 at the end of Legion and have 8.0 cover levels 20-30. But I have no idea what I'm doing, so what do you think?
    that you have no idea what your doing. pretty much sums up how terrible your idea is.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    that you have no idea what your doing. pretty much sums up how terrible your idea is.
    You're wrong though. It's an objectively good idea. Think about the future! Do you want your kids and grandkids growing up in a world where WoW level cap is like 1300? What kind of world would that be? Not a good world.

They'd have retune everything in the entire game if they were to do a level squish, I am really not sure it would be worth the effort.

Yet another thread about fixing a non-existent issue that only wastes development time....

Either gear or some other progression system, like Artifact Power, or talents, or whatever else. Hell, they could even make story a progression tool like in FFXIV(although most players probably wouldn't go for that).

10+ Year Old Account
    You're wrong though. It's an objectively good idea. Think about the future! Do you want your kids and grandkids growing up in a world where WoW level cap is like 1300? What kind of world would that be? Not a good world.
    You'll get your level squish when they release an expansion in April.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its okay because our kids have to deal with an ever increasing year count. That makes it tolerable.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Should just remove levels entirely IMO, make it purely gear progression after a class campaign.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    I agree with OP. Levels need to squish.

1 - Current 1-60 change to 1-20;

2 - All expansions ranges (TBC/WotLK/Cataclysm/MoP/Wod/Legion) change to 5 levels (Like Cataclysm and MoP now). So current max level would be 50.

3 - All next expansions should add +5 levels to max level.

PS Why Blizzard decided make only +5 for Cataclysm/MoP?
    things like this is the worst crap ever why not reset everyone to level 1 and throw levels out of the window cause otherwise baddies like you cry in 5 years again for a level squish?

- - - Updated - - -

Leveling should of stopped being a thing at lvl 1.
    fixed your bs....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Should just remove levels entirely IMO, make it purely gear progression after a class campaign.
    No, thank you this is not some bad anime mmo where that would work.

Subjectively is the word you're looking for. Objectively, it's a neutral idea since it has no actual impact.

They don't do squishes because whiners don't like big numbers.

Deleted
    I tell you this... if i was interested in having a look at another mmo and the level cap was 100 or more, i wouldn't even try it. It is too daunting.

The levels should be squished to 30 if you ask me. Make them less but feel more meaningful.

I like the idea of getting rid of them altogether awell. We all know the true level in practice is the ilvl.