Yep Doom on the switch in portable mode is 30fps. They built a PC to be as near to the switch spec to compare.

http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/digital...doom-on-switch

It shows how limited the switch is and do not expect any major titles running frostbite coming to the switch at all (like battlefield).

Interesting read.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

id definitely buy doom if i wasnt already getting the vr version. ive held off on buying doom, fallout 4, and resident evil 7 so i can play them in vr
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep Doom on the switch in portable mode is 30fps. They built a PC to be as near to the switch spec to compare.

It shows how limited the switch is and do not expect any major titles running frostbite coming to the switch at all (like battlefield).

Interesting read.
    Actually the fact that it runs at all at a nearly perfect 30fps on the Switch shows that it is quite capable (cry me a river, the fact that it is even 30fps is a big deal considering that Doom is a current-gen game running on this thing). Remember this is a handheld system, people need to stop trying to compare it to PS4 and XBO. It is not meant to directly compete with PS4 and XBO, Nintendo's goal is to make the Switch the OTHER console people buy, so they have one of the others and a Switch.

So when you look at it that way, it is succeeding in a big way.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Interesting read.
    If you don't have a ps4 xbox or pc doom on the switch is great.

but yea there isn't a reason to get doom on the switch for the "on the go" factor after you finish the campaign it'll just sit on your shelf
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you don't have a ps4 xbox or pc doom on the switch is great.

but yea there isn't a reason to get doom on the switch for the "on the go" factor after you finish the campaign it'll just sit on your shelf
    Wrong.

Arcade Mode.

That said, I agree with the notion that if you're big on your buttery-smooth factor for shooters (like yours truly) you should just get it for a different system. Sixty frames against 30, in my opinion, is a huge deal. Just ask anyone who played the PC version of Destiny and then hopped to the console version. It simply isn't the same.

Similarly, after playing Overwatch for so long at 120+ frames, found it nigh unplayable at 60. If you can believe that.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Actually the fact that it runs at all at a nearly perfect 30fps on the Switch shows that it is quite capable (cry me a river, the fact that it is even 30fps is a big deal considering that Doom is a current-gen game running on this thing). Remember this is a handheld system, people need to stop trying to compare it to PS4 and XBO. It is not meant to directly compete with PS4 and XBO, Nintendo's goal is to make the Switch the OTHER console people buy, so they have one of the others and a Switch.

So when you look at it that way, it is succeeding in a big way.
    No you and others need to remember Nintendo is marketing this as there home console hybrid and promising AAA support. That puts it in direct compatition with PS4/Xb1. It's cool as hell it's coming to the switch, doesn't change the massive difference it has compared to PS4/Xb1. Why would someone buy it if they got a current gen system or PC?

I don't give a dam if Nintendo or their fanboys (not saying you are one) like it or not. But the switch is direct compatition for PS4/Xb1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a dam if Nintendo or their fanboys (not saying you are one) like it or not. But the switch is direct compatition for PS4/Xb1.
    Why can't people own multiple consoles?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well, considering that'll be yet another several hundred dollars and many people struggle to clear their desired library on one system... there's plenty of reason NOT to own a second or more number of consoles.

Me, personally... I'm on the fence as to what my second will be if any. Good chance PS4 Pro because my friends will get the latest CoD but if they pass again this year, then I'll pass on the Pro and CoD as well and instead jump straight to the Xbox One X if anything at all.

I still haven't beaten Zelda with over 70 hours pumped into it. I still have only knocked world 1 out on Mario + Rabbids. I play Minecraft, RMX, Isaac, Puypuyo Tetris, all intermittently and sometimes excessively especially in Minecraft's case. Mario Lost Odyssey and a whole slew of other games come out over the holiday season.

So I personally I'm struggling to get into a position where I can genuinely say, "Yes. I need to have a second system."
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    People can own Multiple consoles, That has nothing to do with what I said.

My question is why should anyone buy Doom for the Switch if they own a PS4/XB1 or a PC (That was built within the last 6 years). The multiplayer for Doom is a extra download (Requiring a SD card) and there is no achievement system. The bonus of it being a portable system doesn't really apply to Doom.

With games like Monster Hunter, Tetris and Binding of Issac I can see it. Base out a quick quest or run. But with Doom I just don't see it being there and it runs/looks soooooooooooooooooooo much worse.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-21 at 06:56 PM.

People can own Multiple consoles, That has nothing to do with what I said.

My question is why should anyone buy Doom for the Switch if they own a PS4/XB1 or a PC (That was built within the last 6 years). The multiplayer for Doom is a extra download (Requiring a SD card) and there is no achievement system. The bonus of it being a portable system doesn't really apply to Doom.

With games like Monster Hunter, Tetris and Binding of Issac I can see it. Base out a quick quest or run. But with Doom I just don't see it being there and it runs/looks soooooooooooooooooooo much worse.
    and why not? you can put the switch in sleep mode and it pauses the game at exactly where you left it, same for if the battery dies. which do you value more in a game, playing it anywhere or graphics/fps that is the only question there is no such thing as a "portable unfriendly" game, play for a bit, put it in sleep mode, pick right back up where you left it whenever you have the chance.

- - - Updated - - -

also it doesnt look "soooooooooo much worse" yes, screenshots on your computers monitor look like shit because its on your computers monitor, it wont be as good as the ps4 and xbox one version but its not going to be that huge of a difference on the switches small screen and we dont yet know how it runs in docked mode which if you're buying it for the switch probably isnt your biggest concern
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I remember times when graphics didn't really matter and 30FPS was solid when someone mentioned PC in console discussions.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I remember times when graphics didn't really matter and 30FPS was solid when someone mentioned PC in console discussions.
    the funny thing is, alot of these people owned 3ds's. the 3ds screen was only 240p which made every trailer for a 3ds game look like absolute shit on your computer and these same people are forgetting that the switches screen is 720p and barely bigger than the 3ds's. smaller the screen the less resolution matters. 30fps is much more noticeable so it comes down to whether or not you can handle fps lower than 60. most console gamers cant tell the difference though as its only this gen that theyve even started getting games that are 60fps

Wrong.

Arcade Mode.
    um my point still stands. Replaying Single player for the high score isn't an incentive for mobile play.

If you only have a switch it's great but if you have something else just get it on that something else because it'll be a better experience. The switch version also doesn't really encourage people to buy the game... again.. and it'll most likely be in the $40 range too. Wait fuck that this is bethesda, it'll be fucking $60 like skyrim and that game is almost a decade old

Honestly the switch is suffering from being released mid generation as games that were in development during the same time as switch won't release on the switch because they weren't being made for the switch. It's probably why MH worlds isn't coming to the switch.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and why not? you can put the switch in sleep mode and it pauses the game at exactly where you left it
    I hate to break it to you but this has been a feature since the Vita.

Both the Xbox One and PS4 have it.

You don't seriously think Nintendo was the first to do this do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Didnt the DS have this?

Unless there was someone earlier than that.

what does who did what first have to do at all with what i said tech? im saying theres nothing thats "portable unfriendly" when you can stop and pick up where you were at, at any time. doesnt matter if its in the middle of a cutscene or a fight or whatever. at work and your break is up just turn it off and pick it up later.

That wasn't his point, he is saying that the portability is still a factor.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

what does who did what first have to do at all with what i said tech? im saying theres nothing thats "portable unfriendly" when you can stop and pick up where you were at, at any time. doesnt matter if its in the middle of a cutscene or a fight or whatever. at work and your break is up just turn it off and pick it up later.
    And I could already do that on my vita using remote play at 60 fps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    That wasn't his point, he is saying that the portability is still a factor.
    If portability is a factor then everyone would have bought a Vita with their PS4.

Like Nintendo's poll showed most people game at home. It's very rare for anyone to carry a portable console around outside of Asia. Even the 3DS which isn't a bomb sales wise is rare as fuck to see out in the wild unless you're at a huge nerd con or something. You don't randomly see kids carrying around systems anymore like back in the 90s/early 00s.

People already have to carry around their phones and in some cases even tablets and laptops it's very rare they're going to want to carry around a console as well. I know my Vita/3DS/Switch only go with me on flights and that's it. Other then that they have never left the home(Switch has never left the home yet period).

It seems you're trying to argue that's not his point while missing the point I'm making entirely.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-21 at 09:53 PM.

And I could already do that on my vita using remote play at 60 fps.

- - - Updated - - -

If portability is a factor then everyone would have bought a Vita with their PS4.

Like Nintendo's poll showed most people game at home. It's very rare for anyone to carry a portable console around outside of Asia. Even the 3DS which isn't a bomb sales wise is rare as fuck to see out in the wild unless you're at a huge nerd con or something. You don't randomly see kids carrying around systems anymore like back in the 90s/early 00s.

It seems you're trying to argue that's not his point while missing the point I'm making entirely.
    yeah if you want to spend an extra couple hundred bucks just for remote play sure.

yeah if you want to spend an extra couple hundred bucks just for remote play sure.
    By time you factor in a carrying case for the Switch's fragile as fuck screen, an extended battery to get more then 2.5 hours out of the damn thing and an MSD card to fit all your games on it so it truly is portable is there even a price difference? Keeping in mind a Vita+PS4 would only run you $410 or less.

Oh and 1080p downscaled to 540p with 60 fps definitely looks better then 540p on a 720p screen with 30 fps...

If I wanted to play Doom portable I know what option I would be going with, and it's not the trash Switch version.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-21 at 09:59 PM.