Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Was he approaching the cop with the metal rod while the cop was visibly pointing a gun at him?
    If so the cop did nothing wrong.

International Global, Universally known approaching a law enforcement officer with anything that looks like a weapon will get you killed.
    Bullshit as is proven by this cctv footage spanish police overpower a knife-wielding man as he attacks an officer shouting 'Allahu akbar' near the Spanish-Moroccan border http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...56216793940084
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Police officers are not routinely seen as "heroes." Police officers in many parts of the U.S. are well paid. Police officers in the majority of the U.S. are well trained. What you're stating is pure opinion not based in fact.
    I'm not sure I would call police well paid. It's a blue collar job, so to some, it would be an increase. But nobody dreams of becoming a cop for the big money.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I doubt many disabled people are taught that much about guns.
    No you're right, it's only the non-physically disabled that understand that when police officers point a gun at you that you don't walk towards them with a metal pipe in you hand... /s

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Bullshit as is proven by this cctv footage spanish police overpower a knife-wielding man as he attacks an officer shouting 'Allahu akbar' near the Spanish-Moroccan border http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...56216793940084
    How cops treat an unarmed populace is dramatically different from how they treat an armed populace. Expecting similar standards is pretty unrealistic. You would have to convince cops that dying twice a week was worth the money. I'm not sure you could pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Why are your emotions on overload by being given a small bit of advice? Holy shit what a crazy cuckoo meltdown, over being told how to make your posts more read by others. Forget I said it, and move on with your life, bro. Jesus.
    My reaction is a crazy cuckoo meltdown? Look in the mirror pal, I think you're projecting just a tad lol. I'm responding to your posts and as short and succinct as I can possibly be here responding with: "no, I don't agree with you". Do you always react in such a hyperbolic way when people don't gush with gratitude over your unsolicited subjective (and in my view wrong) advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You have a funny opinion of what counts as "civilized" society.
    It's funny to think that legal decisions should be made in court rooms, and not on the street? Really, you think that?

I'm not sure I would call police well paid. It's a blue collar job, so to some, it would be an increase. But nobody dreams of becoming a cop for the big money.
    Then you're not very well informed at all. Police officers often start out at mediocre salaries but depending on experience and location can earn very competitive wages. On top of that they usually have great benefits.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to get shot, don't approach police officers carrying a deadly weapon. Not sure why this is even news except for those trying to turn the public against the very people who protect us from lawlessness /shrug
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Then you're not very well informed at all. Police officers often start out at mediocre salaries but depending on experience and location can earn very competitive wages. On top of that they usually have great benefits.
    In Canada and most of Europe, those are very well paid jobs from the get go.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No you're right, it's only the non-physically disabled that understand that when police officers point a gun at you that you don't walk towards them with a metal pipe in you hand... /s
    I'm talking about mentilly disabled not physically.

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    My reaction is a crazy cuckoo meltdown? Look in the mirror pal, I think you're projecting just a tad lol. I'm responding to your posts and as short and succinct as I can possibly be here responding with: "no, I don't agree with you". Do you always react in such a hyperbolic way when people don't gush with gratitude over your unsolicited subjective (and in my view wrong) advice?
    Look, I don't really want to be a part of your freak out. I'm sorry for trying to help you, and I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    If you don't want to get shot, don't approach police officers carrying a deadly weapon. Not sure why this is even news except for those trying to turn the public against the very people who protect us from lawlessness /shrug
    Shooting a third party without trial is QUITE unlawful.

Look, I don't disagree with all that you say. We don't have all the real facts yet, obviously. I will reserve my judgment until we do.

However, no matter where you are sitting, you are NEVER exempt from obeying police commands, even those that were given unlawfully. This is not how it works in a civilized society. If this man had allowed himself to be cuffed, none of this would have happened. Being falsely accused, or wrongfully detained is unfortunate. But the way civilized societies handle that, is in a court of law, at a later date. Civility DEMANDS that police be obeyed, even when they are wrong, with rare exception.
    I could get on board with that, if there was a remotely acceptable conviction rate for wrongful arrest or detention cases, and given proper compensation for the person detained.

Getting cuffed, thrown in a squad car, hauled to the station, tossed in a cell, and released 71 hours later without charges, with nothing for your trouble but 3 days missed work and a bunch of bruises, is not an acceptable scenario. We give the police the power to do exactly that, without restriction, and that should not be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

How dare the NRA advocate for one of the Bill of Rights amendments! The horror!

Are there any amendments in the Bill of Rights that the Left still believes in?

First - Nope
    Second - Hell no
    Third Amendment - Maybe
    Fourth - Nope
    Fifth - Depends on the crime
    Sixth - Maybe
    Seventh - Activist judges say hi
    Eighth - I think we found one the left still likes!
    Ninth - I think the left would actually apply this much more broadly, so yes.
    Tenth - The most hated of them all by the left, as it hampers judicial activism.

So, we are at two, at best, that the Left agrees with, of our basic fundamental rights. Yeah, these people are occupying the moral high ground....not.
    Are there amendments that the alt-right agree with ?

Second, for sure, because without it they can't shoot everyone that is not of the right ethnic group. First, because they can't scream they will use the second to execute everyone disagreeing with them.

All the others are for ''SJW beta cucks'', not males with pure blood and very big guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I mean this:

White House reverses Obama ban on police getting military equipment
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...tary-equipment

The perception of a cop changes when you see them in military gear. They become more threatening, at least to me. I should not be afraid to call the police. And I am not alone in that perception of them.
    I'm aware of the issue, I just have never seen any basis for it being an issue.

Specifically, what equipment formerly used by the military offends you when the police use it? In your mind, what defines "military gear"? I mean, the military has boots and socks, as do cops. The military has helmets, as do cops. The military has fire arms, as do cops. The military has rocket launchers...wait...cops don't have rocket launchers do they?

Be specific. What types of equipment do you think police have, that they should not have, and why? I'm genuinely curious because from where I sit, it seems like the word "military" seems to the big concern. It's like when we are told "military style assault weapons" should be banned, but when you pin them down to specifics, they can only cite the weapons being black, or having flashlights attached as what makes them "military" weapons.

All guns kill people. Every single one of them.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-09-21 at 05:42 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    It's news as he was mentilly disabled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Ah, so absolute bullshit.

It's insane to fall back on your "experience" and "deductive" skills when one of his friendly neighbors tells you otherwise.

Dunno mate, you tell me with those deductive skills of yours.

HAHA! Automatically assuming shit and getting it wrong and you say I have no logic? You have bested me.... You're clearly the funnier man/woman.
    I'd be curious for you to offer your expert opinion then.

Clearly the only solution is that a deaf guy walks around with a metal pipe, wielding it as a club for months or even years (long enough for his neighbors to notice, learn why, and accept it as part of the routine).

Or you know, we could again apply some logic to this, and make deductions. But it's fine, the rest of us will handle that part, you just keep on bashing. Wouldn't want to get a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Shooting a third party without trial is QUITE unlawful.
    I'm sorry but this baffles me. Who or what is the third party here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

The point remains, nobody dreams of becoming a cop for the paycheck. It is usually because their family members are/were in law enforcement, they want to serve the public etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'd be curious for you to offer your expert opinion then.

Clearly the only solution is that a deaf guy walks around with a metal pipe, wielding it as a club for months or even years (long enough for his neighbors to notice, learn why, and accept it as part of the routine).

Or you know, we could again apply some logic to this, and make deductions. But it's fine, the rest of us will handle that part, you just keep on bashing. Wouldn't want to get a headache.
    Can't use a two foot metal pipe to assist in walking. Deductive skills my ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.