Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Do you have numbers that show our errors are out of line with yours, statistically? We are a pretty big nation. If .0001% of cops make mistakes daily, that would provide hundreds of news stories every day. The frequency of the news stories is more due to it being a hot topic, than an epidemic of misuse of force. Simply saying, "It must be a problem because I keep seeing it on the news", is not a valid analysis of the issue.
    Why yes, yes I do. And you could've found this too, in less time than it took to ask.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ther-countries

You may take issue with the statistics being from 2015, but I think we can stipulate that there hasn't been an insane increase in canada in the last year and a half to invalidate the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You have a funny opinion of what counts as "civilized" society.
    Except he's right. We don't accept vigilante justice against cops as a civilized response. We tell people to follow instructions to stay alive in the heat of things and let the justice system sort it out after. The nurse that was arrested is a good example as it's all on video. She refused to follow his orders to draw blood from an unconscious patient, didn't have a warrant, didn't have consent. He arrested her. Haven't seen where that went lately but I know he was fired from his paramedic job, was suspended at his police job, and is under criminal investigation. It's horrible that it happened, but it could have been worse. In your opinion what should have happened? Should hospital security have drawn their guns and had a shootout? Cause that's civilized and all. You are not legally empowered to fight back against police because you believe something unjust is happening. That's everywhere that's civilized btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I could get on board with that, if there was a remotely acceptable conviction rate for wrongful arrest or detention cases, and given proper compensation for the person detained.

Getting cuffed, thrown in a squad car, hauled to the station, tossed in a cell, and released 71 hours later without charges, with nothing for your trouble but 3 days missed work and a bunch of bruises, is not an acceptable scenario. We give the police the power to do exactly that, without restriction, and that should not be the case.
    How does resisting help that cause?

Are these officers not trained in hand-to-hand combat?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Are there amendments that the alt-right agree with ?

Second, for sure, because without it they can't shoot everyone that is not of the right ethnic group. First, because they can't scream they will use the second to execute everyone disagreeing with them.

All the others are for ''SJW beta cucks'', not males with pure blood and very big guns.
    I have no idea what the alt-right believes in, but whatever it is, it's likely moronic as they can't even sort out which side of the spectrum their views reside on (the left).

You seem to think you are speaking to one of them, which shows you aren't paying much attention to what I say. Which, is fine of course. It's just incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I'm sorry but this baffles me. Who or what is the third party here?
    Cops (first party) are dispatched to deal with a suspect (second party) and shot his dad (third party).

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    How does resisting help that cause?
    I don't think it does, but cooperating doesn't necessarily help your cause either.

It's funny to think that legal decisions should be made in court rooms, and not on the street? Really, you think that?
    It is funny that you think that you think in a civilised society you should have to follow any commands a police officer gives no matter how unlawful or face instant execution.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I can show you pictures instead:

Stuff like that does not make me feel "safe"... it makes me feel intimidated, and worry for my safety at some undertrained cop shooting me, or my friends because they think I am threatening...
    Doing a wheele next to an armoured vehicle makes for a rather good picture.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    In Canada and most of Europe, those are very well paid jobs from the get go.
    Wow, you're really just destroyed my argument and the United States! /s

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Doing a wheele next to an armoured vehicle makes for a rather good picture.
    Not only that, doing a wheelie next to an armored *police* vehicle while black is next-level badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Are these officers not trained in hand-to-hand combat?
    Officers are not trained fighters, an officer would rather not get into a fist fight and risk getting injured to the point that they themselves become incapacitated and at the mercy of the assailant.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I could get on board with that, if there was a remotely acceptable conviction rate for wrongful arrest or detention cases, and given proper compensation for the person detained.

Getting cuffed, thrown in a squad car, hauled to the station, tossed in a cell, and released 71 hours later without charges, with nothing for your trouble but 3 days missed work and a bunch of bruises, is not an acceptable scenario. We give the police the power to do exactly that, without restriction, and that should not be the case.
    Do you know what the current conviction rate is? How far off is it from what you find acceptable? What figure should we be shooting for, and how far off are we?

Yes, it IS an acceptable scenario. Civilized society requires we use the systems in place to determine guilt or innocence. NO system of government, in the history of mankind, has left it up to the accused to determine their own guilt or innocence. This trend of morons thinking they don't have to obey police is only harming the morons.

Lawsuits are a real thing. People treated wrongly can redress the situation in a court of law. All the decision making needs to happen in a court of law. This is what our system demands.

What would replace our system with? Everyone just sits and waits for court, with no arrests? Do you not realize how that would work out, when the people charged know they are guilty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Can't use a two foot metal pipe to assist in walking. Deductive skills my ass.
    *shrug* that's on you then. If the dude isn't too tall (can't find his height, but given pictures I'm sure we can both agree he isn't 7 foot tall) you can absolutely use it by holding it near the top. Especially if it has some sort of widened end or fitting at the top.

Hard to tell without a picture of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I don't think it does, but cooperating doesn't necessarily help your cause either.
    In an age where cops are killing people, I think it does. I would rather miss 3 days of work then end up dead.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Officers are not trained fighters, an officer would rather not get into a fist fight and risk getting injured to the point that they themselves become incapacitated and at the mercy of the assailant.
    I suppose this is an assumption, but isn't it part of their training to know disarming or takedown techniques? This isn't about getting into a fist fight, but about forcing someone onto the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I can show you pictures instead:

Stuff like that does not make me feel "safe"... it makes me feel intimidated, and worry for my safety at some undertrained cop shooting me, or my friends because they think I am threatening...
    This is not normal patrol equipment. This is riot/protest/homeland security detail equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Then you're not very well informed at all. Police officers often start out at mediocre salaries but depending on experience and location can earn very competitive wages. On top of that they usually have great benefits.
    You are factually stating my opinion as a fact, and refuting it with your opinion. It's all relative. I would never work for a cops wages. My nieces and nephews would love to make that much. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Why yes, yes I do. And you could've found this too, in less time than it took to ask.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ther-countries

You may take issue with the statistics being from 2015, but I think we can stipulate that there hasn't been an insane increase in canada in the last year and a half to invalidate the comparison.
    Now compare crime rates for each area cited. Oh, but that would blast a massive hole in your theory! Because the US has more crime and thus more police and criminal confrontations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

How dare the NRA advocate for one of the Bill of Rights amendments! The horror!

Are there any amendments in the Bill of Rights that the Left still believes in?

First - Nope
    Second - Hell no
    Third Amendment - Maybe
    Fourth - Nope
    Fifth - Depends on the crime
    Sixth - Maybe
    Seventh - Activist judges say hi
    Eighth - I think we found one the left still likes!
    Ninth - I think the left would actually apply this much more broadly, so yes.
    Tenth - The most hated of them all by the left, as it hampers judicial activism.

So, we are at two, at best, that the Left agrees with, of our basic fundamental rights. Yeah, these people are occupying the moral high ground....not.
    Blatantly false.

1st - Yes. Incitement to violence is not protected by the first amendment. Nor is your hate speech protected against disciplinary actions by your employer, or negative community perception.
    2nd - Yes. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. There was a pretty good discussion about this in the other thread (guy shoots at car thief, misses and kills neighbor). Basically the "left" could probably be onboard with guns in the US given reasonable training required for their ownership (less than the training you need to get a driver's license).
    3rd - Yes. Though not super relevant at this point. Find me a leftist who thinks the military should have full rights to crash on your couch because reasons, and I'll find you a person who isn't a leftist.
    4th - Yes. Officers who execute warrantless searches without consent should be charged accordingly.
    5th - Yes. Also, providing passwords is incrimination. While we are at it, repeal the All Writs Act and write something that's more precise, and covers things that are actually foregone conclusions.
    6th - Yes. Make the trials speedier, and more public IMO. If I am charged with a crime I didn't commit, I would much rather have a court date this month than next year, let me get my day in court, be vindicated, and carry on with my life. Also less taxpayer expense, as we wouldn't be footing the bill for people sitting in jail for months before even being tried, then have to pay them reparations for wrongful imprisonment when they are released.
    7th - Yes. If you charge me with a crime, and you botch the case, too bad, you lose. Alternately, if you charge me with a crime I didn't commit, you can't continually haul me in to court on the same charge in an effort to ruin my life.
    8th - Yes, pretty cut and dried.
    9th - Yes. You are free to talk like an asshole, and I am free to publicly point out that you are, in fact, an asshole. You can't use any of the other amendments to prevent me from saying as much.
    10th - Yes, goes without saying. Without this amendment, Congress could pass literally any law about anything they want, and there would be no means to challenge it, even in the courts. Government checks and balances are completely ineffectual without this.

Try harder next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.