Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    2 chars, 4 invasions total done, got 3 loots (everyhting from bonus roll). Crappy stats, still 1-2 ilvl total upgrade. Gear will become obsolete again in 1-2 months, with Antorus coming.

ap token, loot, and sargerite...

i need gear not ap token i get more off a heroic

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The bosses don't seem to be dropping anything, and after 6 bonus rolls (3 characters), I've gotten nothing but AP tokens.

Where is the supposed 930 loot that comes from these things?
    I've gotten 3 pieces of loot so far on one character lol. Two with bonus rolls and 1 without bonus roll.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I feel ya.
    Last week I was 0 for 6 on 3 toons (including bonus).
    Tuesday I ran it on my druid and DK, nothing on loot or bonus roll (0 for 4).
    Yesterday I ran on my DK, didn't even get loot (no coin, argunite) and no bonus roll prompt (2 seals on my at the time) and when I tried to repeat the greater invasion, I zoned into the completed one. Logged out, back in, same deal. I think G-Invasions just hate me, in general.

I've done two or three and got 930 belt and 955 gloves, both bonus rolls though. Good luck I guess.

Im not getting loot. Something is definitely broken.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Targom View Post
    Well actually, at one point bonus rolls were confirmed to have a scaling chance to provide loot until you received loot. I haven't heard whether that still exists or not, but it was definitely a feature.
    It was during MoP and it was on the boss. For example, if you coined the First boss in SoO every week, the chance for your coin to give loot on that boss increased til you got loot with coin. That did not mean you would get increased chances on other bosses or another char.

For some reason the bonus roll doesn't pop up frequently. Did the greater invasion on 7 toons yesterday and the roll failed to pop up twice, triple checked that all toons had multiple coins available and were not locked for the week. Pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    I haven't had any issues with the Greater Rift giving loot. First week I got a 950 chest and this week I got a 930 belt
    ok admit it. you had last night sex with rng e?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 bosses, 3 bonus rolls, 6 rolls in total. Zero loot, just AP. It felt like this feature was for everyone except me. Disappointed.
    Feel for you OP.

The bosses don't seem to be dropping anything, and after 6 bonus rolls (3 characters), I've gotten nothing but AP tokens.

Where is the supposed 930 loot that comes from these things?
    Got a 930 first time, ledge ring 2nd time. Luck.

8 kills and 8 bonus rolls with only one piece of loot so far. It is just our luck I guess.

I'm doing it for transmog on my main anyway as none of the loot for it is better than what I currently have, but it would be nice to get something on an alt.

Not just the dungeon set, but lots of gear in dungeons got their stats changed/upgraded in 1.10

One of which was a cloth healing shoulder that dropped off of Roccor in BRD. It had stats comparable with T2 gear.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=22234
    http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=16924

A level 50 dungeon boss. Dropping an item with almost-T2 stats.

Seems like catch-up mechanic to me.
    Those two items are miles from each other. Just because the green text is the same, doesn't make an item the same strenght. The t2 got over twice the amount of int and stamina, and some spirit + fire resist.

Vanilla had zero catch up mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I have been following pretty much every patch update since at least cata, and have never seen such a feature exist. Only scaling there has been is for the legendaries.
    Then you haven't been following closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Then you haven't been following closely.
    There was never such a feature, I searched through google and found nothing. Not providing and proof further proves that you are incorrect. Rng was and still is flat.

My only problem is what is dropping Only been getting Shoulders on my rogue, where I got legendary

There was never such a feature, I searched through google and found nothing. Not providing and proof further proves that you are incorrect. Rng was and still is flat.
    Nothing's been heard in Legion as far as I am aware, but this system was in place for MoP, as described further above. Not sure if it is still in works or not. I usually see an item every 3rd - 4th coin.
    Last edited by Alextros; 2017-09-22 at 10:20 AM.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bonus_roll...eak_protection

And if you just google "bonus roll bad luck protection" there's a lot of results. For some reason the actual blue post doesn't exist anymore, but you can see people referencing it, even quoting it at times. That's presumably part of a blue response on the matter:

"Whenever you use a bonus roll and you don’t get any loot, your chance of getting loot on the next roll will increase. This increased probability won’t be reset until some loot is awarded, and this is independent of the boss that is being killed. The bad luck streak protection will carry over and continue to increase the probability from boss to boss and instance to instance and won't reset until you get some loot. Basically, this feature treats all bonus rolls as if they were actually the same, no matter where they originate from."

Also there's that: https://twitter.com/blizzardcseu_en/...47584367833088

Also:

"Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player."

found here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/9135374

But, apparently there's nothing on google, right?
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2017-09-22 at 10:59 AM.

I have got some good drops on a few of my characters so they do drop stuff :|

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Those two items are miles from each other. Just because the green text is the same, doesn't make an item the same strenght. The t2 got over twice the amount of int and stamina, and some spirit + fire resist.

Vanilla had zero catch up mechanics.
    Stamina wasn't a very big deal.

Blue shoulder has 3 mp5, and IIRC, 1 mp5 = roughly 7 or 8 spirit, so it has ~25 spirit worth of mp5. More than the T2 shoulder.

Lol fire resist. 10 fire resist isn't worth shit on its own. Any fight where fire resist is needed for non-tanks, the UBRS buff would be used.

I never said it was better than T2, just almost as good.

The point is, after the item upgrade, Mantle of Lost Hope became incredibly good, it was even better than T1 shoulders. Lots of other gear pieces got the same treatment, having their stats upgraded to be equal to, or better than, T1. I'd call that a catch-up mechanic.