Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Audio Drama - A Thousand Years of War: The Story of Alleria & Turalyon

A Thousand Years of War

Blizzard released another audio drama! This time it focuses on where Alleria and Turalyon have been. You can download the script or the MP3 Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.

Move over Tyrande and Malfurion. Step aside Durotan and Draka. With the release of Blizzard's latest audio drama A Thousand Years of War, we finally learn about where Ranger General Alleria Windrunner and her paladin companion High Exarch Turalyon have been.

If you're not familiar with their story, don't feel too bad. Despite having statues dedicated to them in Stormwind's Valley of Heroes, items and outposts named for them, and a grown son, the two have been MIA for the last 20 plus years of Azeroth's history. A Thousand Years of War catches us up on all that lost time.

But what were they doing before all that? And why is important that they make a return now? Let's get you caught up on their story of love and war before A Thousand Years of War catches you up on the rest.

Even if you don't know the details of these two lovebirds, you should be familiar with Alleria from her surname alone: Windrunner. The Windrunners are one of the oldest and most respected families of high elves, dating all the way back to the War of the Ancients. Alleria was foremost among her family, expected to succeed her mother Lireesa as the Ranger-General of Silvermoon. Instead, she chose to walk the path of the Farstriders--a group of high elves who roamed the whole of Azeroth protecting the interests of their people. Eventually, it would be Alleria's sister Sylvannas who would take the role of Silvermoon's Ranger General before the Scourge made her the Queen of the Forsaken.

It was during her time with the Farstriders that Alleria would first meet Turalyon, and from that fateful encounter they would be as inseparable as kobolds from candles.

Turalyon began his career as a priest. Through his talent, he was named as one of the original Knights of the Silver Hand, counting Uther Lightbringer and Tirion Fordring as comrades in arms. He was close friends with Archmage Khadgar and Danath Trollbane while being the lieutenant to Anduin Lothar. Where Alleria was related to some of the most important figures in Azeroth, Turalyon simply knew the rest.

Together, Turalyon and Alleria fought the orcish horde during and after the Second War, becoming close comrades and even closer friends. After a particularly devastating raid on Silvermoon City that saw a portion of the Windrunner family destroyed, Alleria sought comfort in her close friend, and the two became lovers shortly after that. It wasn't long before their son, Arator, was born of that union.

They fought battle after battle against the orcs, knowing little peace beyond each other. Their war eventually took them beyond the Dark Portal and into Draenor, hoping to stop the orc threat at the source.

But it was not to be.

The orc shaman and leader of the Horde, Ner'zhul, sought to escape defeat by opening portal after portal on Draenor, giving his Horde access to new and unspoiled worlds ripe for conquest. His powerful magic quickly became unstable and began to rip Draenor apart, sending the orcish armies into a panic and making them desperate to escape the splintering planet through the Dark Portal.

Alleria and Turalyon understood what they had to do. While they fought to keep the orcs on the Draenor side of the portal, Khadgar and his mages worked to close the portal for good, keeping Azeroth and all their loved ones shielded from Draenor's total destruction.

The ensuing chaos of Draenor's sundering into Outland ripped the pair from the world and they disappeared. When the Dark Portal opened again, Khadgar and the rest were found. Alleria and Turalyon were not. So where were they?

In the Twisting Nether, lost from space and time until they were found by the Mother of Light herself, the naaru Xe'ra.

A Thousand Years of War picks up here. It tells the story of Alleria and Turalyon's journey with the Grand Army of Light and how their new found powers could determine the fate of all life. They could even hold the key to defeating the Legion once and for all. I'm not going to spoil the specifics here, so check it out for yourself. And when you do, you'll see why theirs is one of the greatest love stories WoW ever told (that wasn't Illidan and his brooding).
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-09-21 at 05:20 PM.

Nice wall of text on the front page lol.

Forums should go quiet for a while at least ... there's about 2 hours worth of video to get through

*Outland, not Outlands.

*WARNING* turn down your volume before starting the video.

fix the lag in ptr and the dc i got dc when i try to relog with my main in org

Wow, I'm so hyped for this. The Tomb of Sargeras audio was an incredible listen, if you haven't heard it yet I'd STRONGLY recommend it!

Clint Eastwood is rocking some nice armor.

Slightly off-topic, is the header image an official Blizz pic? 'cause that's blatantly Clint Eastwood as Turalyon, lol

I don't understand how they could be in a Thousand Year war.

If they were, then they'd have been missing before even the first Warcraft game, and imply that the Windrunner Sisters were born over a thousand years before current events (that part isn't much of a stretch, though last I checked all three are High Elves and not Night Elves. Though I'll admit I do not know if the same ageless/immortality thing applied to High Elves as well). Not to mention their Son would be over a Thousand Years old as well.

Essentially, unless there were stories passed down for a Millennia or their Son was some high-baller of a lore character, then there would be no reason why ANYONE in the current time-frame would have known about them.
    Last edited by Baelic; 2017-09-21 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post

If they were, then they'd have been missing before even the first Warcraft game, and imply that the Windrunner Sisters were born over a thousand years before current events (that part isn't much of a stretch, though last I checked all three are High Elves and not Night Elves. Though I'll admit I do not know if the same ageless/immortality thing applied to High Elves as well). Not to mention their Son would be over a Thousand Years old as well.

Essentially, unless there were stories passed down for a Millennia or their Son was some high-baller of a lore character, then there would be no reason why ANYONE in the current time-frame would have known about them.
    It's explained in the story itself.

(that wasn't Illidan and his brooding)
    Still a better love story than Twilight.

time work diferent on the Twisting Nether. That why a thousand year past, and not that many past for us.

The Twisting Nether is a super weird place connected to multiple realities and times. That why Gul'dan from the AU show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    it's official 7.3 art
    it's officially Clint Eastwood 7.3 art

With the release of Blizzard's latest audio drama A Thousand Years of War, we finally learn about where Ranger General Alleria Windrunner and her paladin companion High Exarch Turalyon have been.
    Ah yes, the important character everyone cares about, Alleria, and her paladin sidekick Turalyon.

How transparent.

I am very interested in how they will develop this whole danger of the light plot thread they are weaving. Alleria is totally bad ass here, and love Bro Lothraxxion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Ah yes, the important character everyone cares about, Alleria, and her paladin sidekick Turalyon.

How transparent.
    Well, it's obvious she is going to be more relevant to the upcoming plot than Turalyon will.

Audio files are broken, only 5 minutes long.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I am very interested in how they will develop this whole danger of the light plot thread they are weaving. Alleria is totally bad ass here, and love Bro Lothraxxion

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's obvious she is going to be more relevant to the upcoming plot than Turalyon will.
    Fuck that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account

I haven't listened to the audio drama yet, but that's an absurdly easy "conundrum" to solve: it's likely they joined an ongoing war. I mean, we got in the real world the "Hundred Year War" that happened in a time when very few people even reached 80 years old...
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Fuck that.
    Ikr, I was really looking forward to Draenei wannabe Tirion 2nd to be the lead character next expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I haven't listened to the audio drama yet, but that's an absurdly easy "conundrum" to solve: it's likely they joined an ongoing war. I mean, we got in the real world the "Hundred Year War" that happened in a time when very few people even reached 80 years old...
    Time flows erratically in the nether, per the story.