Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    No, you are wrong.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...856_Page2.html

"From 1888, when law review articles first were indexed, through 1959, every single one on the Second Amendment concluded it did not guarantee an individual right to a gun. The first to argue otherwise, written by a William and Mary law student named Stuart R. Hays, appeared in 1960. He began by citing an article in the NRA’s American Rifleman magazine and argued that the amendment enforced a “right of revolution,” of which the Southern states availed themselves during what the author called “The War Between the States.”

At first, only a few articles echoed that view. Then, starting in the late 1970s, a squad of attorneys and professors began to churn out law review submissions, dozens of them, at a prodigious rate. Funds—much of them from the NRA—flowed freely. An essay contest, grants to write book reviews, the creation of “Academics for the Second Amendment,” all followed. In 2003, the NRA Foundation provided $1 million to endow the Patrick Henry professorship in constitutional law and the Second Amendment at George Mason University Law School.

This fusillade of scholarship and pseudo-scholarship insisted that the traditional view—shared by courts and historians—was wrong. There had been a colossal constitutional mistake. Two centuries of legal consensus, they argued, must be overturned."

- - - Updated - - -

He was mentally handicapped.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you were making the very obvious point that the problem is a specific group of people known for wearing baggy pants. We can read you.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you aren't. You are going on an irrelevant tangent. There is ZERO evidence to support your point. You are just finding a way to shoehorn in your bizarre preoccupation.
    Blah blah blah, court cases, attorneys. Meanwhile EVERYONE HAD GUNS THE WHOLE TIME! LITERALLY EVERYONE! What in that actual..f...

When was this moment in US history, where everyone didn't have guns? What on earth are you on about?

The only way someone could say something so foolish, is to have a lot of education. Yours must be quite impressive indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Blah blah blah, court cases, attorneys. Meanwhile EVERYONE HAD GUNS THE WHOLE TIME! LITERALLY EVERYONE! What in that actual..f...

When was this moment in US history, where everyone didn't have guns? What on earth are you on about?

The only way someone could say something so foolish, is to have a lot of education. Yours must be quite impressive indeed.
    No, "literally everyone" did not always have guns. I don't know how you get from "The Second Amendment was not always interpreted to protect and individual right to bear arms to" "BEOFRE TAHT EVERY SINGLE GUN WAS BANNED ABNNED ANANANANANANANA BANNED AND NOBODY EVER SAW NO GUNZ"
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

The NRA pours massive amounts of money into US politics in order to bribe politicians to oppose any and all gun laws, even ones that their own members support overwhelmingly, such as universal background checks.

That has nothing to do with smart people knowledgeable about firearms to discuss firearm, firearms safety etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Okay, we can agree very solidly on that part. Nail some bad cops to the wall for a while and see the tone of conversation change.
    Nobody wants them to get off. There is no side for that, aside from the cop side.

That said, there IS a side that wants to put them all in jail, without due process. And that side sure the hell ain't my side.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wish US would halt any police activities for a month. Or forever. Would be quite interesting to watch Mad Max live.

Nobody wants them to get off. There is no side for that, aside from the cop side.

That said, there IS a side that wants to put them all in jail, without due process. And that side sure the hell ain't my side.
    It's not my side either, but it is also a response to the fact nobody in blue ever goes down for one of these shootings, no matter how obvious. Deal with that and then there'll only be the crazies remaining to shout for taking down all cops, and crazies are easy to mock and ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    That has nothing to do with smart people knowledgeable about firearms to discuss firearm, firearms safety etc..
    Good idea, maybe we should have scientists do research on it. Oh wait, we can't because the NRA paid politicians to ban firearms research by the government.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I'll go with deaf deaf and he probably can't read lips as he's mentilly disabled and there's a good chance he wouldn't understand the threat of cops pulling guns on him.
    Pure speculation on your part.
    Guess his father shouldn’t let him carry a weapon when he got out of that car he if he that disabled.

No, "literally everyone" did not always have guns. I don't know how you get from "The Second Amendment was not always interpreted to protect and individual right to bear arms to" "BEOFRE TAHT EVERY SINGLE GUN WAS BANNED ABNNED ANANANANANANANA BANNED AND NOBODY EVER SAW NO GUNZ"
    You are literally making the case that guns were not legal for 200 years in the US, during which time literally every human in the US had 15 guns on them the entire time, even while bathing. What. In. The. Actual. Fuck.

Seriously, this is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. I'm not saying you are dumb; quite the contrary. But your position is ridiculous and just highly comedic.

You are literally making the case that guns were not legal for 200 years in the US, during which time literally every human in the US had 15 guns on them the entire time, even while bathing. What. In. The. Actual. Fuck.

Seriously, this is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. I'm not saying you are dumb; quite the contrary. But your position is ridiculous and just highly comedic.
    Quote me where I said guns for were illegal for 200 years and I will delete my account.
    -ynnady

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Pure speculation on your part.
    Guess his father shouldn’t let him carry a weapon when he got out of that car he if he that disabled.
    What are you talking about he was on his porch at his house when the cops showed up. Please just stop if your not going to read the story your opinion is worthless.

What? Yes, they do. I don't know where everyone gets this bizarre idea that every other country completely bans guns. There are tons of guns in Canada and many European countries. Israel allows complete open carry.
    Did you not read what I wrote? You're factually incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Did you not read what I wrote? You're factually incorrect.
    I quoted what you wrote.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by maxchum View Post
    I wish US would halt any police activities for a month. Or forever. Would be quite interesting to watch Mad Max live.
    Weren’t people complaining in Baltimore when police curbed patrols for a bit. There was a decrease in arrests but a drastic increase in crime.

Good idea, maybe we should have scientists do research on it. Oh wait, we can't because the NRA paid politicians to ban firearms research by the government.
    I am not talking about research. There is nothing stopping ANYONE, from discussing (for example) how to improve background checks

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Weren’t people complaining in Baltimore when police curbed patrols for a bit. There was a decrease in arrests but a drastic increase in crime.
    Yes, because people aren't asking them to stop being police. They are asking them to stop being shitty at it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not talking about research. There is nothing stopping ANYONE, from discussing (for example) how to improve background checks
    The federal government is literally banned from doing research into the topic, so how do you expect them to have an informed conversation?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    International Global, Universally known approaching a law enforcement officer with anything that looks like a weapon will get you killed.
    LOL, no. That only happens in the Unites States.

The federal government is literally banned from doing research into the topic, so how do you expect them to have an informed conversation?
    The federal government doesnt have to do it. Hell, if https://everytownresearch.org/ wanted to be unbiased they could get knowledgeable gun rights advocates and knowledgeable gun control advocates together and start a dialogue.

In what fantasy world are more cops being shot than cops shooting citizens? In 2016, 64 police were shot and killed, while almost 1000 citizens were killed by police.

You still refuse to get it, no matter how many times it is explained to you. The murders are the head of the problem, not the entire problem. They are the most stark and clear issue to rally around, but they are just part of the issue, and the issue is NOT that police wake up every day looking to kill people.
    Your numbers appear to make a great case, until you look at them a bit closer.

What is your source for there being 1,000 citizens being killed by police, and how many of those were wrongful? Every source I can find says the FBI does not compile that data. Where are you getting it?

Cops do factually kill some people in justified and legal ways. Cops killing the bad guys, is the natural order of things, when no mistakes are being made, or laws being broken by the police. Most police shootings are factually unavoidable, just and proper. That is a fact in all nations.

Also, you are just looking at the number of deaths, when, after removing justified shootings, you should also consider the cops themselves. Over a long career, how many of them have been shot at and missed? If 64 get killed in a year, how many just get shot at? Start adding up the years, and adding in their partners getting shot at, or people dying in their departments. Is it really the problem it appears to be, due to media coverage? Or is there likely a HUGE amount of agenda driven narrative being painted here?
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-09-21 at 08:18 PM.

The federal government doesnt have to do it. Hell, if https://everytownresearch.org/ wanted to be unbiased they could get knowledgeable gun rights advocates and knowledgeable gun control advocates together and start a dialogue.
    We've already had the dialogue. This is settled. Gun control works, period. If you don't think it is worth the cost, that's fine, but it works.
    -ynnady