Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    if you have a good chance of getting away consequence free or going to jail for the next 2 years would you pull over or would you run?

I'd run lol I'd run all day

I honestly think cops do more harm than good. Most of them are dumb as a box of rocks too. When I was living in Staunton one of them tried to tell me dead inspection was a moving violation. It's not, but I wasn't about to argue my way into a $100 ticket because numbnuts doesn't know how to do his job.

I think the best one was being pulled over in Waynesboro at 10PM for going 38 in a 25... It's only 25 there during school hours. I wanted to tell him how wrong he was, but again, I was not going to argue with him if it was just going to cause me more problems. There are a lot of ignorant cops out there.
    Honestly, if you have a life view like this, then you should accept to be taken down by a cop without complaints. You gotta be as you also used, 'dumb as a box of rocks' to believe you can run from an officer without causing more problems. If you have done something to cause 2 years of jail, then you are just plain old dumb, and then following with an attempt to flee, well, that is where I start rooting for the cops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    For every cop that randomly shoots some guy out there you can probably find a video of another one having to endure the brain-dead tirades of of some ass who thinks himself a lawyer and keeps rattling done random constitutional bits and amendmends. I have the feeling they should not be allowed to use lethal force as easily, but should be allowed to deal with twats faster.
    Oh, I agree with you but with this day and age, we are soon at the part where we have to approve rubber bullets and active use of tasers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    And you wonder why the officer put his vehicle in the way to stop the fleeing individual...
    If he was going to fuck up this bad, he should have just planted evidence, said he attempted to open fire on him, put two in his chest & killed him.

The saddest part about this misguided fucked up line of logic is that you don't even realize how bad the cop fucked himself. You have no idea lol. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

He is totally fucked. If there was ever a time a cop wanted to plant evidence and make some shit up, this would be one of those times because it costs a lot less for someone to die than it does to keep them alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, if you have a life view like this
    answer the question and i'll get back to this

10+ Year Old Account
    If he was going to fuck up this bad, he should have just planted evidence, said he attempted to open fire on him, put two in his chest & killed him.

The saddest part about this misguided fucked up line of logic is that you don't even realize how bad the cop fucked himself. You have no idea lol. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

He is totally fucked. If there was ever a time a cop wanted to plant evidence and make some shit up, this would be one of those times because it costs a lot less for someone to die than it does to keep them alive.

What are you even talking about? who exactly is 'totally fucked' as you put it?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    My answer is simple, I wouldn't be so dumb to do something that would get me jailed for any amount of time. I have had my amount of crime and luckily for me, there wasn't to be done any time. I wouldn't risk running if meaning being caught would just turn the situation from 100% to 200% of a problem.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not that there are not legitimate cases of police over stepping their boundaries and even violating peoples rights.

However for the most part I think Jim Carey summed it up best:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What are you even talking about? who exactly is 'totally fucked' as you put it?
    that cop is going to be paying for his hospital bills lol

i cant even begin to explain how stupid it is to want to chase a motorcycle (top speed 170+) with a car that tops out at 130mph and then argue a motorcycle driver is endangering other people

My answer is simple
    funny

i never seen yes or no spelled that way before

i still dont know which one it is tho

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it's like people don't know what kind of technology cops roll with these days... Do you realize they have cameras on their vehicles that can scan 3 lanes of traffic?

ticket in the mail, a warrant for your arrest will be issued. will catch up with you sooner or later. ezpz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    However for the most part I think Jim Carey summed it up best:

So you've memorized these?

Plus state equivalents.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Let's get some facts in here:

The US justice system is one of the worst in the world. It's very heavy-handed with a few sprinkles of liberal ideals throw in, at least you allow lawyers and courts of justice, but other than that the penitentiary system isn't much different from the Phillipines or any other african nation. The recidivism rates are through the roof, people who went in for minor crimes usually come out as hardened criminals. Compared to the EU justice system the US justice system fails when it comes to actually reducing crime, it wins at making profit for certain private organisations though, so maybe that is a good thing. Maybe it also is a good thing to make that large mass of badly educated voters feel good, knowing they could have some criminals punished.

While one could argue that the US police are only more violent because they've to deal with a lot more armed citizens, it seems like a bit of a too easy of a cop-out. Having more armed citizens doesn't somehow validate your police force being x700-1400 more deadly per capita than in other modern nations. Some reform most likely is necessary, urgently necessary, there are more than a few cases of police corruption which aren't often looked into. All in all, I think eventually informed society will catch up and that reform will be inevitable. These incidents of unwarranted police violence keep popping up in the media, so eventually the pressure will be too strong to resist.
    Two problems in your logic:
    1) They don't have to deal with more heavily armed citizens, they have to deal with more heavily armed gangs. It is a huge difference. Europe does not have ghettos controlled by heavily armed and violent criminals.
    2) You are assuming violence scales linearly per capita, which in this case, you would have to prove it.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    So you've memorized these?

Plus state equivalents.
    Yea because a majority of people being arrested or confronted by police are doing something that unbeknownst to them is illegal. Like speeding motorcycles, or robbing people with guns, or maybe even peeping at naked children.

Oh the humanity of it all.

Like I said (you know, the part you cut out from my quote in true MMO-C fashion) there are legitimate cases of people being convicted or confronted for bullshit. However the rest of them I could give a fuck.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-09-21 at 08:06 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    last night near me a guy is caught up in a pursuit that was ended by a police officer intentionally pulling out in front of him. the guy has 2 broken ribs, a broken knee and god knows what else. a local article says he sustained life threatening injuries.

all because they wanted to stop him for speeding lol

it's literally all they got him for

It seems like all you ever see on the news these days anymore is that cops are killing people.
    What a ridiculous post based on a ridiculous story. Cops do their job when people resist arrest and get injured. What a fucking shock.

And making it even more amusing, you're lying. What fun!

Not at all, What is happening is cops are more on edge now and have to worry more especially in dangerous situations with suspects that resist or approach them during a conflict. Because they are being killed alot more than before. Due to false reports that cops hate black people. That is all im saying and im not going to get into a debate with someone over it because its gonna go. You deny that, i show stats, you claim racism, i stop replying. The end. So please dont quote me and give a pointless notification even if you agree with me.

[i am not saying that some cops dont out right murder, cause yes some do but that is a super small percentage and if you wanna say thats the majority well then so is the other way around]
    Last edited by Raptor With a Saber; 2017-09-21 at 08:24 PM.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Not at all, What is happening is cops are more on edge now because they are being killed alot more than before.
    Oh really? No. Cop deaths are on a steady and consistent decline if you normalize the data with a rolling 10-year average.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36826297

It seems like all you ever see on the news these days anymore is that cops are killing people.
    Thats because a headline reading : "Police officer arrests drunk driver! The suspect was taken into custody without incident." does not generate enough clicks and talking heads cant talk about it for the next 10 hours, until the next "Uneventful Arrest".

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Thats because a headline reading : "Police officer arrests drunk driver! The suspect was taken into custody without incident." does not generate enough clicks and talking heads cant talk about it for the next 10 hours, until the next "Uneventful Arrest".
    Are you suggesting we should be generating news for random people doing their average day jobs correctly?

"Cashier checks out shopper's groceries, bags them".
    Last edited by Polyxo; 2017-09-21 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Are you suggesting we should be generating news for random people doing their average day jobs correctly?
    No? You really don't understand the point he was making?

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post

"Cashier checks out shopper's groceries, bags them".
    Holy logical fallacy batman...

I mean. Really? You are just pretending to be obtuse with this right? You are not serious are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    You appear to have all the answers. So, tell us how you know this is going to happen? (here's a hint, it isn't)

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, that Officer will not. He'll probably get a commendation letter for getting some crazy driver off the roads without anyone else getting hurt. Which, in case you were wondering, is their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Do you have a law you can cite that shows that cops don't have the right to stop a fleeing criminal?
    Not a law... but Case history..

In the October 1988 term, the Supreme Court of the United States handed down two decisions of importance in defining restrictive policies for high-speed pursuits.

In Brower v. County of lnyo, the Court held that creating a roadblock in the path of a fleeing driver and pursuing him into it constitutes a "seizure" within the meaning of the fourth amendment to the United States Constitution. In City of Canton v. Harris, the Court wrote that failure to train officers in a particular duty, where the need for training is obvious and lack of training is likely to result in violation of constitutional rights, can make a municipality liable. The example chosen by the Court was training in the use of deadly force, which it had held to be a fourth amendment seizure in Tennessee v. Garner.

Read together, the three cases lay a foundation for liability in high-speed pursuits if municipalities have failed to adopt reasonable policies or provide adequate training.

All of this together has forced most police departments to institute Restrictive Policies for High-Speed Police Pursuits.

So to put it in laymans terms... cops don't chase fleeing criminals if it leads to a high speed pursuit.