Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    The cops were on his lawn, talking to him. The car used in the hit and run was reported to be at his address.

Hard not to get involved with police when they are literally asking you questions.
    You have a source for this information I presume or is it more speculation? How can they talk with him when he is deaf?
    The OP article stated he approached the police with the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, so we are destined to fail.
    If we just have people screaming at each other from their corners, and not have discussions, then yes we are destined to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    You have a source for this information I presume or is it more speculation? How can they talk with him when he is deaf?
    The OP article stated he approached the police with the pipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Article Copied in OP
    Mathews said the officers were investigating a reported hit-and-run at around 8:15 p.m. Tuesday. He said a witness told Lt. Matthew Lindsey the address where the vehicle responsible for the hit-and-run had gone, and that Sanchez was on the porch when Lindsey arrived.
    So yeah, he was on the porch of the address the officers responded to.

Obviously, the officers didn't know he was deaf when they tried to talk to him, or they would have likely called for a sign language interpreter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I doubt they get in trouble at all. They did their part by the book. How were they supposed to know he is deaf or has no criminal background? I'd sure like to know where mind reader cops are stationed.
    Try Mega City One. But I think all of their mind readers are currently busy suppressing violent crime under the command of Judge Dredd.

Really?
    Not sure you have any idea what you are talking about.
    Yes, those are developmental disabilities... They aren't mental disabilities like bipolar. You seem to be missing context. People are saying that he had a developmental disability AND a mental disability. They're completely different things, but there is some overlap with some developmental disabilities and mental disabilities like autism(because of the spectrum).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Being deaf is a developmental disability. He wasn't mental disabled as so many seem to think.
    "Neighbor Julio Rayos told The Oklahoman on Wednesday that in addition to being deaf, Sanchez was developmentally disabled and didn't speak, communicating mainly through hand movements. Rayos said he believes Sanchez became frustrated trying to tell the officers what was going on."

Why is reading so hard. He was both deaf and had some kind of other disability.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Staying on his porch and not getting involved would have been reasonable yes but as he was disabled he might of it thought that way and in Canada many disabled people are taunt that cops are freinds and people you go to if you need help/ are lost etc. Not that I know if they are tyrant something similar in America. But in a case like this you really can't apply what a normal person would disabilitys should have done.
    The guy’s father was just involved in a hit and run accident and hiding from the police my friend. We have no idea what was going through his head. The article did not give us that information.

Yes, those are developmental disabilities... They aren't mental disabilities like bipolar. You seem to be missing context. People are saying that he had a developmental disability AND a mental disability. They're completely different things, but there is some overlap with some developmental disabilities and mental disabilities like autism(because of the spectrum).
    Nobody is saying he was developmentally and mentally disabled. They are saying he was deaf, and he ALSO was developmentally disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Quote me where I said guns for were illegal for 200 years and I will delete my account.
    Page 23:

"For almost 200 years the second amendment was not considered to protect the individual right to own firearms."

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Page 23:

"For almost 200 years the second amendment was not considered to protect the individual right to own firearms."
    Semantics, but that isn't saying that guns were illegal. That's saying that the Second Amendment wasn't used as justification to prevent gun control laws. Whether or not there were any gun control laws at the time was never addressed.

Nobody is saying he was developmentally and mentally disabled. They are saying he was deaf, and he ALSO was developmentally disabled.
    That's a lie or you haven't read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    He guy was mentally handicapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Again, it's really cute that Americans imagine that only them ,in the entire world, face far fetched scenarios such as ''arresting someone drunk''

I'm sure all the edgy guys screaming their love and admiration for the studs with big manly guns who shot (another) mentally handicaped man would sing the same tune if the police shot people with CSA flags and lots of gun ''that did not instantly, immediately do everything they say''
    Only need the one, but there are a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It's not my side either, but it is also a response to the fact nobody in blue ever goes down for one of these shootings, no matter how obvious. Deal with that and then there'll only be the crazies remaining to shout for taking down all cops, and crazies are easy to mock and ignore.
    That's just hyperbole. There have been some outrageous findings of no guilt, yes. But to say they NEVER go down is just pants on head retarded. Again, you lose the argument you are making, when you step beyond the parameters of reality. Saying the bullshit time they were let go, is an unassailable argument; saying no cop ever gets convicted is an unwinnable argument.

Also could the Leftist collectivism in your argument be any more obvious? Why does the left always want to group everyone up, and judge them all the same? Why not instead stick up for the smallest minority group of them all, the individual? Why do you people judge everyone and everything as a group? It's so disgusting...

Deleted
    Never understand how a 1st world country can have such a trigger-happy police. And again I am sure this would not have happened in another western 1st world country. I remember the axe-attacker who created some big news and echo because he was shot dead by the police.

I do not know. That is what you discover in a debate. But we can't have that because the CDC has not been allowed to research it.

So, honestly, keep the status quo, and keep seeing cops, citizens, and children killed... I don't like it, but no one really cares about it, so whatever.
    Wait, why would that be under the purview of the CDC??? I mean, I get you that we should have better numbers, but that would be a pretty strange place to handle crime statistics. Why not just the FBI?

If only we were all as morally supreme as you, right? You are literally the only one alive who cares about this issue, despite like protests and riots EVERYWHERE. Get over yourself. People just disagree; morality has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Semantics, but that isn't saying that guns were illegal. That's saying that the Second Amendment wasn't used as justification to prevent gun control laws. Whether or not there were any gun control laws at the time was never addressed.
    But nobody tried to take away anyone's guns until then. Acting as if gun ownership was a new right granted 200 years after the fact is about the dumbest argument I have ever heard.

So, honestly, keep the status quo, and keep seeing cops, citizens, and children killed... I don't like it, but no one really cares about it, so whatever.
    No one cares? What? There are riots all the time because of it.

You know what we don't see? Riots about black on black gang violence. I guess no one cares...

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a lie or you haven't read the thread.

Only need the one, but there are a few.
    You do know developmentally disabled falls under mentilly disabled right? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disability

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Again, it's really cute that Americans imagine that only them ,in the entire world, face far fetched scenarios such as ''arresting someone drunk''

I'm sure all the edgy guys screaming their love and admiration for the studs with big manly guns who shot (another) mentally handicaped man would sing the same tune if the police shot people with CSA flags and lots of gun ''that did not instantly, immediately do everything they say''
    You seem to be posting with a rather extreme level of emotion. Your mom isn't posting here. Nobody cares about your feelings.

Controversy, by definition, is rooted in disagreement. There can be no disagreement, when there are ONLY pros on one side, and ONLY cons on the other. Your denial of all the cons on your side, and all the pros on the other side, show you don't actually understand the issue, on an even basic level. Maybe you should read what others say, and consider it, before throwing a text tantrum?

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    You do know developmentally disabled falls under mentilly disabled right? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disability
    And being deaf doesn't technically fall under either.

Also, Wikipedia, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    That's just hyperbole. There have been some outrageous findings of no guilt, yes. But to say they NEVER go down is just pants on head retarded. Again, you lose the argument you are making, when you step beyond the parameters of reality. Saying the bullshit time they were let go, is an unassailable argument; saying no cop ever gets convicted is an unwinnable argument.

Also could the Leftist collectivism in your argument be any more obvious? Why does the left always want to group everyone up, and judge them all the same? Why not instead stick up for the smallest minority group of them all, the individual? Why do you people judge everyone and everything as a group? It's so disgusting...
    Of course it was hyperbole, you goof. You've gone full whackjob here, and you know it.

Someone posted a handy infographic assembling all the cop-on-black-man shooting outrages over the last two or three years. By no means did it cover every such shooting obviously, but those which caused sensation and outrage at the time, and went to trial. There was something like 16-20 of those that got massive attention and that people scrutinized the evidence for and found them to be strong cases.

NONE of them yielded a conviction. Not a single one.

Possible conclusions: Prosecutors are softballing cop prosecutions, or the legal system is inherently predisposed to cops, or the entrenched racism in the jury pool prevents them reaching a guilty verdict regardless of the facts.

EITHER WAY, the point is that there is a public perception that the cops cannot and will not be held to account for their actions. And cops have themselves partially to blame for it. Whatever systemic issues and entrenched racism exist to tilt the playing field, they do not stand up and testify against their own in such matters, choosing instead to maintain "The blue wall".

Watch this current case. One guy tasered, the other guy shot. Watch to see the taser guy say anything condemning the choice of the guy who shot, even when his own assessment of the danger is clear and manifest by what he did.

7+ Year Old Account
    And being deaf doesn't technically fall under either.

Also, Wikipedia, really?
    God go read the story he was deaf AND developmentally disabled.