Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Has there been any word of new legendaries being added in PoF?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

You really don't like Legendaries, do you BD

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    You really don't like Legendaries, do you BD
    GW2 Legendaries are the epitome of a grind. It is probably one the worst grinds I've personally ever seen in an MMO. Thankfully they're really just cosmetic though. If they were mandatory in any way, I would have never touched this game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    GW2 Legendaries are the epitome of a grind. It is probably one the worst grinds I've personally ever seen in an MMO. Thankfully they're really just cosmetic though. If they were mandatory in any way, I would have never touched this game in the first place.
    Did you play GW1? GWAMM was the epitome of a grind. Everything else I've played in any mmo has paled in comparison. I concede the point that the legendaries are a long grind. But as you say, they are easy to ignore.

Did you play GW1? GWAMM was the epitome of a grind. Everything else I've played in any mmo has paled in comparison. I concede the point that the legendaries are a long grind. But as you say, they are easy to ignore.
    I did play GW1 and never quite achieved GWAMM. I think I got to the 40 maxed titles one (whatever it was called) whereas GWAMM was 50 maxed titles I believe.

IMO, that grind was more tolerable than the Legendaries in GW2. I was able to get those 40 maxed titles fairly easily and in a reasonable time frame. I have yet to ever come close to making a legendary in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arent that only legendaries that can be bought are the vanilla legendaries?

I made a few vanilla ones and the are definitly gold sinks but I also make 2/3 backpacks and currently working on WvW armor. You can only throw so much gold at those.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's a grind in all the wrong ways, too. Ways that impact the economy, ways that impact how loot drops, ways that impact how the rest of us play. (Ever wonder why waypoints aren't account-wide at all?)

Not to mention the exquisite joy that is precursors...

If there were something else to it - if you actually DID something to get them - that would be one thing. But they don't want that, because as long as everything translates directly to gold, people will simply buy gems.
    Agreed. If there is one thing Anet is guilty of, it's that they designed a lot of this game to be a HUGE fucking grind (which is ironic because they originally stated that they hated the idea of grinds in MMOs) and that they try to push people to buy gems in just about every way they can just short of making it mandatory.

Deleted

launch trailer

Only one day away, yeeeeeeee!!!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The hype train has no breaks!

I'll wait post launch methinks. HoT kind of left a bad taste in my mouth and also I've kinda thrown my monthly gaming allowance into other stuff I wanted.

I liked the mounts in beta and am excited to go back to Elona, but I will also wait on getting PoF post launch and likely only after a major QoL patch. HoT felt irritating. Not because of the Z axis or mob movesets etc, but rather I felt like I had to prioritize what little game time I have at maximizing XP gain i.e. grinding out metas just to play/finish the story. And that is so not how I normally played GW2 or most mmos. I used to do what I wanted and let the xp take care of itself. Hope PoF game experience will be different.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Deleted
    If i want gliding (is it work in PvP? WvW?) do i need to buy Hearth of Thorns too? Or Purity of Fire is enough?

Gliding is only available if you have Heart of Thorns. It works in WvW but doesn't in structured pvp

Deleted
    Gliding is only available if you have Heart of Thorns. It works in WvW but doesn't in structured pvp
    This is total shit, i wont pay 30 euro just for flying and then 30 euro for new addon because without flying i dont want to play at all.

Bless them for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    This is total shit, i wont pay 30 euro just for flying and then 30 euro for new addon because without flying i dont want to play at all.
    Technically you'd be paying for 9 elite specs, strongholds, gliding and the new zones, but it's up to you if that's of value to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'll wait post launch methinks. HoT kind of left a bad taste in my mouth and also I've kinda thrown my monthly gaming allowance into other stuff I wanted.
    I already pre-ordered it myself, but will probably spend Friday/Saturday mussing with the new elite specs (assuming 250 HP is enough for them) and hit the actual new area Sunday or so. Slow time at work so I'm taking next week for vaca anyway, but mostly because there's always so many rolling restarts and bug fixes for any major patch, not worth trying to do stuff. Unless I accidentally miss out on some glitch that gives out legendaries or something.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Well, if you buy them both together it's 50. But gliding isn't flying.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

gliding isn't flying, it's gliding. You get more than gliding too and you can buy both expansions for a reduced priced. There is a lot of content in HoT and I think it's worth $30. A lot more than a lot of triple A titles now a days that cost $60
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

You realize You bash GW2 on the forums that are basically WoW forums, where You have to pay a monthly fee on top of expansion price ? I think asking players for money once per 2 years is not a "total shit" from ArenaNet side...srsly, ppl are greedy fucks.