Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    But seriously, with how Blizzard seems to love comics, I have little doubt that Green Lantern lore could be an inspiration for the Army of the Light and its potential predecessors.
    This comes also to mind, blind faith tends to lead to a precarious road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE

7+ Year Old Account
    well...

guess im not gonna wear my army of the light mog anymore.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Thats nothing compared to good old

Mozgus for leader of army of light. Get your breaking wheels out boys, we party tonight like in 1400's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE
    Well, I'm bringing up Green Lantern for multiple reasons. First, because it uses light. Secondly, it's the association with will power.
    Temple Guardian Anhuur was endowed with the willpower needed to wield the Light.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Temple_Guardian_Anhuur

And thirdly, because the Oans are a bunch of bastards despite their goal of trying to bring about peace and order, and their desire to fight evil. They have gone through several iterations of armies, and most of them were terrible. Their first version were a bunch of robots that eventually went full genocide mode. Their latest attempt was a hivemind designed to assimilate all life. Hell, there was even a time when they would reforge the elite of their current army.

The Naaru are the Guardians of the Universe. Maybe mixed with some other concepts.

- - - Updated - - -

So, let's all ask.
    Xal'atath whispers: Do the naaru speak of the eternal conflict? That the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed? Of those that came before the draenei? No? <short chuckle>
    Who came before the Draenei?

I think a major point is being missed here. It's not even that Light is not good, or that Void isn't evil. It's that our realm was created from the interaction between them, and both are equally important to us.

Xe'ra is not evil or trying to enslave people over lies she is telling them. To her, those things are true. It's almost like a reverse "evils beyond our understanding" situation. The Light and Void can't comprehend our world. The average mortal still tends to value what the Light does. There was a point near the end about how the Void couldn't comprehend things like love which Alleria used to win. Ultimately, the Void's ultimate goal is still far more evil from a mortal's perspective.

Xe'ra's goals can often be an anathema to us, but the Void is by default. Because they are extremes, there can be good and bad depending on the context. This also gives new perspective to all of the proud declarations from the Old Gods and their minions. It seems likely that the reason they're so arrogant about the future they promise us is because, like Xe'ra, it's what they know to be true, but they're only seeing half of the story themselves. It's like a two-dimensional creature trying to comprehend a three-dimensional universe.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-09-21 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, let's all ask. Who came before the Draenei?
    Given what we know - some seriously unlucky guys who are no longer around.

Unless, /looks at lightspawns......

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

A'dal says: The light does not abandon its champions.

This gets an entirely new ring to it.

Oh, they'd definitely be a part of it, but we can see how technically adept the Naaru are with their fancy mechs.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/media/wow....ada3bf6eee5eb9
    I'm honestly expecting to find out that they used to have a robot army, but lost it against the Legion and Void. But with the Legion gone, they can always rebuild.

10+ Year Old Account

Its not about light not abandoning its champions, its about champions not being able to abandon the light.

Deleted
    But seriously, with how Blizzard seems to love comics, I have little doubt that Green Lantern lore could be an inspiration for the Army of the Light and its potential predecessors.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20090215050203

The Vorlon (autocratic angelic beings) Army of Light, built by Valen to fight the Shadows is the most probable inspiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, they'd definitely be a part of it, but we can see how technically adept the Naaru are with their fancy mechs.
    I'm honestly expecting to find out that they used to have a robot army, but lost it against the Legion and Void. But with the Legion gone, they can always rebuild.
    Gee, i wonder what powers those things *cough* processed natives *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

The Vorlon (autocratic angelic beings) Army of Light, built by Valen to fight the Shadows is the most probable inspiration.
    Probably both, blizz has a hard on for comics after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I think there are probably multiple inspirations here. Actually, the Vorlons and Oans strike me as pretty similar concepts. The Guardians of the Universe don't pose as angels, but they do seem like a higher benevolent power of supremely wise ancient beings. Until they all turn out to be bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    She saw generations live and die in invisible chains, bound to a force that granted them fleeting moments of peace in exchange for absolute obedience.

This line perfectly describes why it's so hard to see the Light for what it is and why everybody think it's ultimate good in Void/Light conflict.
    It just utilizes feelings/concepts that are far more desirable for mortals that basically "sway" that you want to unquestionably serve the Light if that makes sense xD.
    If you wanna go philosophycal that can still be considered good for some people, which is how it should be.

Really glad they're going this way instead of shoving "Light is ultimate good" up to everybody's throats.

I choose neither Light nor Void!! Break the cycle!!!
    I chose the Pantheon, that's why I have a Dead Titan with me, a Jailed Sargeras, as well as amazing loots and shit.

Gee, i wonder what powers those things *cough* processed natives *cough*
    https://youtu.be/si_P8BypaUk?t=40

Something like that?

Then again, A'dal was never a fan of Illlidan, as Xe'ra seems to have been. Perhaps he was part of a different faction? It's a shame that a lot of people seem to be simplifying all of this to "the light is evil" rather than "the light is not inherently good," which allows for far more complexity and makes the lore far more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Keydiam View Post
    So, and what do all the paladins and priest players get? And should we add one for death knights too, because Bolvar wants to take control over them anyway.

At this point all magic should be abolished, because all magic is evil.
    Malygos was right???

10+ Year Old Account
    The light embraces all *wink*

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Then again, A'dal was never a fan of Illlidan, as Xe'ra seems to have been. Perhaps he was part of a different faction? It's a shame that a lot of people seem to be simplifying all of this to "the light is evil" rather than "the light is not inherently good," which allows for far more complexity and makes the lore far more interesting.
    The light isn't evil, it simply is. But it is pure and as such it is not trustworthy for us, since the physical universe is both light and shadow.

See, to me, this is what I see:

Light V Shadow= Cosmic Forces fighting.

Order V Disorder= Good Vs Evil for the Multiverse. Yes, Sargeras fights for a good cause, but he does it in a chaotic/evil manner. The Pantheon fight to save everything, while also protecting their World Souls in the process. They care about life, as well as the Titan inside of the life's core. They're the closest thing to good we'll ever see. Sargeras is the exact opposite of that. However, he wants to do all this shit for the defeat of the "Void Lords". However, he's not taking the fight to them, nor does he know if his purge would work. it's stupid, honestly.

And, lastly, Life V Death= 1 is boring unless you go on adventures and shit, the other is just...well...Death. :/ Idk.