Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    How was I complaining? I literally just told you that it was the only 2 minutes that brought me joy in the entire 2 hour feature?
    My apologies I assumed it was sarcastic judging by your persona

Yeah, there is a plethora of stupid things in that movie. Which, again, is not an issue in itself. Plenty of great dumb movies out there. And not all of them were liked by critics. One cannot whip out a formula by which to judge all movies. I wouldn't generally call people who enjoy Transformers, Ninja Turtles and the like 'dumb'. Maybe that's just their idea of entertainment. Brain off, CGI on. Bring on the tits and the fart jokes. If that's your idea of a good time, enjoy.

That still doesn't make it good. They lack coherent storytelling, creativity and decent performances by their main cast. I am totally fine with a movie about giant robots that turn into F-15s and Trucks. When it is racist, immature, full of fart jokes and bad acting, however, it can go fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I doubt we will see much in the way of plot outside of simple devices that put heroes in the path of dinos. The first movie had real character and storylines, it slowly built up suspense and you didn't actually see much of the dinos till the last 1/3 of the film. The last 2 movies are basically just a nonstop chase sequence from about 1/3 of the way in till the end.
    i kinda want them to make the entire sequel a war movie, where ingen has trained soldiers and raptors to work together fighting terrorists, but the terrorists, have got their hands on the trex DNA and are making huge ridable war trexes, and they just fight each other in a massive battle for 2 hours, and at the end everyone dies, except for jeff goldblum who, is revealed to be the head of the terrorist organization, and now rules the world with his trexes

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yeah, there is a plethora of stupid things in that movie. Which, again, is not an issue in itself. Plenty of great dumb movies out there. And not all of them were liked by critics. One cannot whip out a formula by which to judge all movies. I wouldn't generally call people who enjoy Transformers, Ninja Turtles and the like 'dumb'. Maybe that's just their idea of entertainment. Brain off, CGI on. Bring on the tits and the fart jokes. If that's your idea of a good time, enjoy.

That still doesn't make it good. They lack coherent storytelling, creativity and decent performances by their main cast. I am totally fine with a movie about giant robots that turn into F-15s and Trucks. When it is racist, immature, full of fart jokes and bad acting, however, it can go fuck off.
    pacific rim is basically what transformers couldve been in the hands of a good director who doesnt hate his audience, and his life

that film is the prime example of a dumb premise done right

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought world was the worst of all the movies so i hope they can improve here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I thought world was the worst of all the movies so i hope they can improve here.
    i think it's a testament to how terrible all 3 of them are when every single person will call a different one the worst

Deleted
    They're gonna keep making these bad movies if people keep paying to see them.
    While I went in theatres expecting a terrible cash crab...I was so entertained by Jurassic World. It had something for people new to the world and had the lovely nostalgic ending.

I can't be the only one who got a boner when she lit the flare and you heard the T-rex. That was catered purely for old fans...and it was a succes.

I only liked it because im a Chris Pratt fan, and I think his character was pretty fun even if it was ridiculous

And some movies you do just want to turn your brain off for a bit after work and enjoy a ride.

Its not transformers level as some have said where you cant turn your brain off because its too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    While I went in theatres expecting a terrible cash crab...I was so entertained by Jurassic World. It had something for people new to the world and had the lovely nostalgic ending.

I can't be the only one who got a boner when she lit the flare and you heard the T-rex. That was catered purely for old fans...and it was a succes.
    Fan service is a huge part of reboots. I'm glad they at least make that effort.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I only liked it because im a Chris Pratt fan, and I think his character was pretty fun even if it was ridiculous

And some movies you do just want to turn your brain off for a bit after work and enjoy a ride.

Its not transformers level as some have said where you cant turn your brain off because its too bad
    I loved the first Transformers. First movie to bring that level of CGI to an action movie (good cgi). I'm not gonna say it deserves awards...but for an action/hero movie it was better that the pile of shit Marvel films we get now.

i dont know, for me, every single attempt at nostalgia came off as way too blatant, and corny.

hell at a point they literally stop the movie to look at those night vision goggles from the first movie, which have literally no business being there.

im fine with references/nostalgia, but they cant be this obvious with it, because that defeats the purpose

I loved the first Transformers. First movie to bring that level of CGI to an action movie (good cgi). I'm not gonna say it deserves awards...but for an action/hero movie it was better that the pile of shit Marvel films we get now.
    I'M sorry but what?
    have you not seen the lord of the rings? or king kong? if you think transformers did anything groundbreaking with CGI then you seriously need to see some more movies.
    movies like terminator 2 or the matrix that came out in the 90s had way more ground breaking CGI than transformers did in 2007

the transformers CGI is the most generic shit you can get if you throw enough money at it.
    the lighting is shit, the camerawork is shit, and you cant even make out what's happening for half of it.

*MOST* marvel movies are at least competent, and some of them are excellent (like guardians or winter soldier)
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-09-21 at 11:50 PM.

Fug no. First transformers was.. pretty damn shitty, juvenile and idiotic. Marvel movies are cinematic genius in comparison

Sorry Michael Bay uses too many american flags and teenage ass for me to take him seriously. And camera pan. Must have camera PAN

Deleted
    I've said the direct opposite of that 3 times now. "lazy cash grab reboot".
    Uhm, no waii JW was lazy or bad like JP 2 and 3...

and how is it a reboot? franchise yes, movie no. JW is full-fillment of Hammond's vision of the park. JP was trying to get there. Plenty of things didn't make sense with JP if I hafta nitpick, no way trex would have gotten near fence after it probably electrocuted his fat ass many times past n not after got himself a tasty goat...Park goes to hell for no good reason. Raptors by then would have tested every inch of cage for weaknesses n would have not known power was off.

Much more believable for park to be intact, get visitors n after some time declining in popularity n to boost tourism they go for making moe interesting attractions until u end up with Irex which is the best candidate to fuck up the park n wreck shit. Then there is goverment/military angle which ridiculously doesn't happen in first JP, those players just sit by n let some mad fat businessman take an island n with hands free start to use genetic power...hammond got criticism in the board room from the people he was hoping would recomend the park. That they would be the 1st people to object/influence made zero sense.

Costa Rican government (USA really) wanted nothing in return for island? LOL? Only representive of anything was just some lawyer but that's on the inside circle...
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-09-22 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I have begun to hear people say they like Lost World bestter than JP... I don't know if they just like bad movies or actually believe it.
    They probably say cataclysm was good after they started hating wod...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you forgot the best part

when the trex and the raptors combine forced to defeat the whatshamacallitosaurus and then literally wink at each other

the only good part is basically when the trex is fighting the whositsosaurus at the end, and even that's only because it's such ridiculous schlock that you cant believe they put that in a 200 million dollar movie

I'll give you that it's better than transformers, mainly because at least it's somewhat self aware, hell it's probably the best jurrasic park sequel, but that's basically by default
    This is what dislike so much...there was no team up omg..

The raptor was going after the Irex before T showed up. T stayed on the biggest target. T when thrown down n landing where indy n kids were tried to bite/eat them, hardly an ally...

there was no "wink" look at scene again. T turns to raptor as a new target/threat. Raptor viisibly takes steps back not wanting to fight some oversized angry chicken that wasn't trying to control the raptors n hadn't wrecked them like Irex did, had no reason to pick a dumb fight with T especially not when alone. It was as a pack they attacked Irex and T in first JP.

T saw a de-escalation when raptor backed down n because T was badly injured + old wanted to lick its wounds. Would probably had eaten blue if it was too close. In movies predators/monsters always attack 100% of the time but not in nature irl but people asssume cuz didn't attack that it was unrealistic. In nature predators hunt only when they need to, a lion will not give two shits about some nearby gazelle if lion recently ate.

Would make no sense for T to go after a retreating raptor it wouldn't catch even if T was unhurt and young..also it would make T look like a total douche for its young fans n be pointless n odd way to end a movie. I suppose cuz people got pumped up with dino fights n sea-reptile that it was a turn-off that fighting ended n they take their frustrations out on blue n T, that's unfair, we got plenty of bad ass action, I was plenty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'd say making 80,000,000 isn't exactly a flop either
    wait, where did that 80,000,000 come from

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    cost 250 mil to make, made 330 mil
    if that's all it made, the DC branch of warner brothers would already be shut down.
    dont just look at US numbers

it made something like 900 mil globally, but sincei t was projected to make well over a billion, with warner planning on financing the rest of the DCEU off the back of it's profits, it was a pretty huge disappointment

and that 250 mil isnt 250 mil either since marketing costs arent put in the official budget
    they probably spent around 400 million on the movie

a big studio movie needs to make back at least twice it's budget to be considered a success
    especially a movie called "batman v superman" the fact that it didnt break 1 bil is laughable
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-09-22 at 12:07 PM.

Deleted
    I liked when the pterodactyls get loose and start tearing up the streets of the park while, not only snatching up humans, but also fucking up other dinosaurs, and right as this mayhem is happening, you see some guy grab 2 full margaritas and run off without spilling them because he knows what's important. It was so perfectly stupid.
    Well, that's like just your opinion, man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You'd also know that no whateversaurus would ever stand up to modern military technology.

a dumb chick with high heels in a white dress in the forest
    Hoskins wasn't refering to USA freedomizing some poor 3rd world country but a modern opponent that could deploy anti-radar tech, EMPs, attack US satellites, that's what he meant when he said shit would go dark in a real war. Could avoid falling into a trap n loose shitloads of troops, avoid risks n deploy raptors instead.

Claire was super hot, business woman out of water n besides her shoes was in-movie joke
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-09-22 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Hoskins wasn't refering to USA freedomizing some poor 3rd world country but a modern opponent that could deploy anti-radar tech, EMPs, attack US satellites, that's what he meant when he said shit would go dark in a real war. Could avoid falling into a trap n loose shitloads of troops, avoid risks n deploy raptors instead.

Claire was super hot, business woman out of water n besides her shoes was in-movie joke
    I don't even know who Hoskins is. But a T-rex, like any big animal, can easily be downed with an assault rifle, or grenades.

Making it an in movie joke doesn't make it less stupid. And like most of the human characters she was utterly pointless.

Deleted
    Hoskins is the "ex"-military guy who pisses off everyone n he wanted raptor-sized version of I-Rex, if rumors r true, we'll get them in next movies as "indoraptors"

- - - Updated - - -

What I dislike about ALL jurassic movies is that they put dinos in two camps, good (herbivores) and bad (carnivores) I understand that they don't want audience scared all the time, jumpy at all the dinos but at least once they should show a scary herbivore...just cuz they don't eat meat doesn't mean they are safe to get near...one doesn't go into a cage where rhinos are for a reason...

There's talk from the director who said he doesn't want more than one 'hybrid' in the movie simply because his six-year-old son said it would be confusing in star wars if there was one more Jedi than Luke...so some say the "Stegoceratops" won't show but I'm not sure it's the one that will be cut or if the director is just trying to keep stuff secret. I mean their first picture is a girl standing in front of a Triceratops...normally they highlight carnivores..

His logic doesn't make sense since according to dr Wu all dinos are hybrids...
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-12-04 at 12:01 PM.