Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    I'm not sure why you think that was what I was getting at, I'm obviously well aware that it does not mean anything.

In fact I'm kind of curious why some players (like Marack) seemed to suggest going after players not on your list. I have a very hard time following that logic, because the only way such a play would make sense is if a) you are town, b) all the roles listed are town.
    If that was the case, then it would also mean that Danner gave a town a list of all the townroles in the game, which means the game would pretty much be over. Lynch everyone not on the list -> gege.

Anyway, since Anakso (and Pistol?) has now claimed that his role is not on the list either, we now know for a fact that b) is not true.
    That means that at least one role on your list is not in the game
    I think it's also important that we can't really lynch anyone to validate it either other than Graeham. As from the sounds of it, multiple people's roles aren't on the list.

Here's what I'm thinking:

We have 11 players. This means that likely we have 3 aligned scum or maybe 2 and an SK. (This is based on a belief that Danner would follow his own comments on scum balancing from previous game critiques. That belief could very well be wrong.) We have what 3 people other than Graeham who have confirmed that information Graeham has said is correct? I'd have to double check but I believe Crissi, Marack, Val all had portions of their role cards "confirmed" and Blood Fox said his role was on the list. Did I miss anyone with a "positive" result?

Now if we take those 3 with confirmations and we assume they are all scum that's a scum team of four. That seems a little high for a group of 11 players. That's two mislynches before the game is over, but with possible night actions out there "undoing" lynches (I mean this is a time traveler game after all...) that might be okay. It still doesn't fit my scum theory though. Which means one of them is wrong.

Not to mention the team would have to have some idea of the roles in the game or else Blood Fox would have to be a third party making the read that they are all a scum team and he's trying to survive? That is just so complicated though it can't be true....

The addition of Blood Fox being on the list seems to indicate that at least some of them are telling the truth however. Add to that Val's power was confirmed by Danner... and I honestly can't believe that they are all scum. It seems a really odd decision to commit so hard to prevent a D1 lynch and out the team like that. I also just can't bring myself to believe that a role that knows a third of the players in the game's roles exists and add the apparent "revive" on top of that means one powerful role. I just can't believe it to be true. Despite the landslide of evidence. I find it really annoying that I can't shake my gut feeling with the evidence. Ugh... this mental confusion is going to paralyze any voting decision for me on Graeham.

Also I'm not really sure we're in a position to discuss the setup right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have third party roles with different win cons.
    Definitely possible but that seems to only make the scum team smaller in my mind. Am I missing something?

Well, it's pretty clear that this isn't a normal game. The previous game wasn't normal, either - and yet despite the controversy of certain roles it all ended up playing out for the best. I understand the suspicion to some extent but I've been cooperating and have been open and honest.

As for also having the ability to reverse one death/lynch? Well, that's easy enough for people to test. I just can't do it on myself. It ties into my role pretty nicely, though, according to the flavour text. Obviously I can't quote it word for word, however.

7+ Year Old Account
    In fact I'm kind of curious why some players (like Marack) seemed to suggest going after players not on your list.
    Was suggesting to go after people not willing to share either their role or to confirm whether or not they were on that list. Guess my previous posts regarding were muddied by being tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    Was suggesting to go after people not willing to share either their role or to confirm whether or not they were on that list. Guess my previous posts regarding were muddied by being tired.
    Well, if nothing else I think we should be wary of those who are just sort of...laying low. We've had the day extended thanks to Val's timely intervention but only a portion of players are actively engaged and trying to figure out what to do. Scum, I feel, are likely to sit back and try to see how the wind blows. Naturally they aren't going to want me using my restoration ability so I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a push on me today to prevent me from embracing it.

Agreed. I believe the best way to proceed would to be to pressure players who have yet to confirm which role they are on the list (by saying the first few words from the first or final sentence of their rolecard), or outright announce their claim.

My reads at the moment:
    Graham: Trust, our form of doctor this game, who - due to the ludicrously atypical setup of the game - was given some bonus info on rolecards so that town can try to figure out what scum are capable of and how to get around them.
    Marack: Trust, came out early to help confirm Graham. Has been active.
    Listo: wary, claimed to be in a TPR team with Anakso. Hm...
    Anakso: Very suspicious, has been lurking for the majority of the game and only contributed when called out yesterday. As with Listo, the claimed abilities seem inconsistent with the confirmed rolecards.
    Pistol: wary, for also lurking until called out and refusing to actually confirm his rolecard besides just saying "oh yeah, my role is on there".
    Blood Fox: Indifferent, BF usually doesn't do that much anyways, but this game he did contribute alot earlier in the day. Will have to come back around to him eventually. Claimed Observer on Graham's list, but like Pistol he has yet to actually confirm with Graham by saying part of his rolecard's fluff.
    Crissi: indifferent, for the same reasons as BF.

As for the alignments of the roles on Graham's list, that is' rather tricky. The Fugitive has just as much a chance of being town as a chance of being scum. The eliminator could be a vigil, or a straight up murderous scum. Volatile sounds like something along the lines of a PGO or SK. Observer and visitor could be 3rd parties. The fluff on the rolecards would be a better indicator.

- - - Updated - - -
    @dupti you said your role was not on the list. Would you please claim what you are?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, if nothing else I think we should be wary of those who are just sort of...laying low. We've had the day extended thanks to Val's timely intervention but only a portion of players are actively engaged and trying to figure out what to do. Scum, I feel, are likely to sit back and try to see how the wind blows. Naturally they aren't going to want me using my restoration ability so I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a push on me today to prevent me from embracing it.
    I really hate when people say stuff like "oh man, if anyone votes for me at this point, they'll HAVE to be scum". Your role is really fucking powerful, so it makes sense for people to just be a little wary. However, since Danner has said that the game is rolecrazy, and that nights are going to more or less decide it, even thinking about lynching you is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Pistol: wary, for also lurking until called out and refusing to actually confirm his rolecard besides just saying "oh yeah, my role is on there".
    Lurking?! ME?! Are you fucking kidding me?! You realize that people around here are from different timezones, right? All this shit went down AFTER I went to bed. It was 0320 my time when you called for me to reply.
    But it makes sense for you to think I'm lurking, since you clearly haven't seen my posts. If you had, you'd have seen that I swiftly corrected myself when I realized I wasn't on the list. I though I was the visitor. I'm not. I'm a tourist. A glorified commuter.

@dupti you said your role was not on the list. Would you please claim what you are?
    No, I will not. Why should I?

It was a possibility earlier, but seeing as it has now been confirmed that not all of the roles Graeham have are in the actual game, we're not going to base the game around the list.

So why should I claim?

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm not sure you understand Graeham's role if you think he is "our doctor". He has a one time use.
    Listo on the other hand pretty much claimed to be a doc though.

- - - Updated - - -

I apologise I made a mistake, it was actually Crackle who said it.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually since I was curious:

1. The Determinator - Graeham
    2. The Schoolgirl - Marack
    3. The Thief - Val
    4. The Inventor - Crissi? I don't think this has been confirmed yet.
    5. The Observer - Blood Fox

6. The Eliminator
    7. The Fugitive
    8. The Volatile
    9. The Visitor

Crackle said his role was on the list. (#127)

Not on the list:
    Anakso
    dupti
    listo
    Pistol

I do not believe Largehorn has commented on the rolenames yet.
    So, @Largehorn sup

Also @Crackleslap, this is definitely not your town play, do something plx

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, I'm the inventor.

Sorry guys. I usually need the night to just kinda decompress and not do anything. Val's ability kinda of messed that up so I'm just kind of bleh right now. Ran out of energy to engage.

- - - Updated - - -

anyways

unvote

thinking on it, I'm unlikely to think its a scum role. Given all scum would need to do is out everyone then decide who to smack on that.

Blood Fox: Indifferent, BF usually doesn't do that much anyways, but this game he did contribute alot earlier in the day. Will have to come back around to him
    excuse me? are your mentally ill?

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fox View Post
    excuse me? are your mentally ill?
    If you count migraines.

Vote Blood Fox

question:

does will knowing whos on the list or not really going to affect anything on day 1. It's always random day 1.

- - - Updated - - -

If you count migraines.

Vote Blood Fox
    ohhhh look at you

" im a moron and i'm going to vote anyone who calls me out"

cute, do you need a milkshake?

Let me lay it out for you pal.

Picking out a name on the list and saying that's your role does not in any way verify whether or not your telling the truth. If you did, you would have responded with a line from your rolecard for confirmation from Graham. You are one of THE least participatory players in the game, haven't pushed for anyone or contributed that much of significance, and generally at this point we need to start threatening people with the threat of a lynch to get info. Either you get confirmed as an observer by Graham, spill the beans about your actual role, or we'll find out when you flip. All three moves the game forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed Blood Fox! His shenanigans are nice.
    @dupti it is my town play.

I'm just far too distracted these days. Mafia used to be my priority, now it is not!

I know Listo claimed doctor thingy and it would be a risky lynch, but (nothing other than a gut feel so pretty useless information) I feel like he's playing caught. I don't know, Every post is like about his role. Seems as if he's trying to convince us. Not sure if that's bad sign or not. But them are the vibes I be gettin' mon! Am I a retard? Possibly.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Valy this game. Pushing in places and doing general towny things. I like him. He's doing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I know Listo claimed doctor thingy and it would be a risky lynch, but (nothing other than a gut feel so pretty useless information) I feel like he's playing caught. I don't know, Every post is like about his role. Seems as if he's trying to convince us. Not sure if that's bad sign or not. But them are the vibes I be gettin' mon! Am I a retard? Possibly.
    I share a similar sentiment. The other reason why I am suspicious of Anakso and Listo is because of their mason claim. I can believe their TPR roles... but that combined with a shared QT? Even for this game, that stretches my belief.

Let me lay it out for you pal.

Picking out a name on the list and saying that's your role does not in any way verify whether or not your telling the truth. If you did, you would have responded with a line from your rolecard for confirmation from Graham. You are one of THE least participatory players in the game, haven't pushed for anyone or contributed that much of significance, and generally at this point we need to start threatening people with the threat of a lynch to get info. Either you get confirmed as an observer by Graham, spill the beans about your actual role, or we'll find out when you flip. All three moves the game forward.
    picking out thief have having a role that is neutral does not in any way verify whether or not your telling the truth. If you did, you would have responded with a thoughtful analysis of possible mechanics of roles and not blindly trusting someone to be town and contributed very little outside of a mass claim. you are one of the Most annoying random day one players in the game, haven't pushed for anything interesting nor contributed outside of agreeing with someone ( lol skum trust), and generally at this point in DAY FUCKING ONE we need to start threatening people with the threat of a lynch to get everyone to mass claim and let the mafia know what they are up against. Either you get trusted by Graham, spill the beans that you and graham as mafia, or we'll find out when you flip. All three conrim that you're skum.

10+ Year Old Account
    My comment about lynching people on the list was a pretty dense moment I suppose. Guess I am a retard. Unless Danner truly did a major oversight this game, which is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I like Valy this game. Pushing in places and doing general towny things. I like him. He's doing work.
    yep all im saying is people trying to look like town day 1 are skum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    For this game in particular, comparisons are allowed. Go ahead, see if it helps you.
    Note that you are still not allowed to verbatim quote, screenshot or share QT links. Rolecards are still private.
    I'll leave this here for you val.

yep all im saying is people trying to look like town day 1 are skum.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll leave this here for you val.
    And yet you missed the part where Graham confirmed me and Marack using just a few words from either the beginning or ending of our rolecard fluff. Change a word with a synonym if you want, or just paraphrase the gist of the beginning/ending sentence. Graham will confirm the rest.

I do not believe Largehorn has commented on the rolenames yet.
    So, @Largehorn sup
    Sorry was pretty sure I commented somewhere, but this week has been one of those weeks yah know?

So just in case I didn't actually say anything: My role isn't on that list.

picking out thief have having a role that is neutral does not in any way verify whether or not your telling the truth. If you did, you would have responded with a thoughtful analysis of possible mechanics of roles and not blindly trusting someone to be town and contributed very little outside of a mass claim. you are one of the Most annoying random day one players in the game, haven't pushed for anything interesting nor contributed outside of agreeing with someone ( lol skum trust), and generally at this point in DAY FUCKING ONE we need to start threatening people with the threat of a lynch to get everyone to mass claim and let the mafia know what they are up against. Either you get trusted by Graham, spill the beans that you and graham as mafia, or we'll find out when you flip. All three conrim that you're skum.
    I agree with the sentiment here. Not necessarily the exact content, but definitely the sentiment.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet you missed the part where Graham confirmed me and Marack using just a few words from either the beginning or ending of our rolecard fluff. Change a word with a synonym if you want, or just paraphrase the gist of the beginning/ending sentence. Graham will confirm the rest.
    That doesn't mean he's town...

Which is the point that Blood Fox is making... and just about any one else who is suspicious of Graeham's role.

Also he never confirmed you, yes me might have confirmed you in your eyes not not everyone else's

I'm not verifying my role with someone I don't fully trust and much less on day 1