Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You fuck with the law, the law fucks you. Only the tardish struggle to comply and the fewer tardish the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    So they shouldn't have body cams because some people will think the footage is fake?

If this is really what you took away from my statement then you are wasting my time reading the garbage that you wasted your time writing.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    The car belong to a person at that address my friend. For all they know it was him driving it. The article stated he approached them, not the other way around.
    Keep moving those goalposts, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's news as he was mentilly disabled.
    Being mentally disabled doesn't diminish someone's ability to cause grievous harm to a police officer with a metal pipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Shooting a third party without trial is QUITE unlawful.
    According to whom? In the US, it is perfectly legal for a police officer to kill someone threatening them with a deadly weapon. What country do you live in btw?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Just waiting for the alt-righters to come into this thread and tell us how their beloved violent cops are right to murder innocent citizens who don't obey their every command.

And that said innocent citizens should just roll over and die should they not have psychic powers to read the minds of said violent cops if they are deaf or developmentally disabled.
    Why must people who defend cops be "alt-right"? That is just a way for you to try to marginalize opinions that you don't agree with. Pretty pathetic actually.

Here in the US, according to our laws, you don't need to be alt-right to defend the cops action. You are just simply right!
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Keep moving those goalposts, friend.
    What goalpost was moved my friend?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Being mentally disabled doesn't diminish someone's ability to cause grievous harm to a police officer with a metal pipe.

- - - Updated - - -

According to whom? In the US, it is perfectly legal for a police officer to kill someone threatening them with a deadly weapon. What country do you live in btw?

- - - Updated - - -

Why must people who defend cops be "alt-right"? That is just a way for you to try to marginalize opinions that you don't agree with. Pretty pathetic actually.

Here in the US, according to our laws, you don't need to be alt-right to defend the cops action. You are just simply right!
    Don’t you know if you don’t agree with him you must be of the “alt-right” persuasion. It is his way of insulting you and getting away with it without gaining an infraction. You could call him anti-fa if you wanted to I suppose.

Deleted
    No video posted so there is nothing to discuss. Or are we all supposed to support/hate either side based on a bullshit article.

Fine grown up respone, I don't care enough about this topic to go out of my way to find statices while on my phone, you are free to find them your self if you want but posting from my phone is the most effort I'm willing to put in at this time. I might find the stats when I'm at a computer I might not it all depends.
    It's not the readers responsibility to search out data to support your claim. What kind of a garbage opinion do you have that you can't even be bothered to find your own supporting evidence? What's the point in the first place beyond being sensationalist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brextremist View Post
    You fuck with the law, the law fucks you. Only the tardish struggle to comply and the fewer tardish the better.
    Did you join and post today in order to use idiotic terms like "tardish?" Why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    personallly, i dont care, u approach cops with a pipe in your hand, .. Deaf or not. ur going to get shot. idiot.
    Don't forget to always add "...in Police States of Murderica" while spouting such nonsense.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-09-22 at 01:25 PM.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

What goalpost was moved my friend?
    I have reread the article once again and it appears the officers were doing an investigation near him and he engaged them with his pipe. He propably should have stayed on his porch. Like I have said, none of us know exactly what happened there. And also like I have said many times, it is best to never get involved with police when they are trying to do their job.
    Again, it is hard to avoid interacting with police during an investigation when you are being spoken to on your own front lawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    US police only method to neutralize a target is with lethal means?

Dosnt matter much if only 1 of the cops used a tazer if the other fucker used a gun, even if u had to use ur gun, dude was wielding a metal pipe, why not just shoot him in the leg?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    why not just shoot him in the leg?
    Because American police have severe difficulty hitting a specific person, much less a specific part of one.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Why not use nonlethal force instead of actually shooting him like a fucking idiot??? The cop who tried to taze instead of just straight up shooting is fine. He has a pipe, taze him before he gets close....

15+ Year Old Account
    Shoot to kill? Why not aim for arm or leg. I'd understand if he had a bomb or a firearm, but a pipe?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    30? The average in the USA is 19 weeks. Highest is 22 (California) and lowest is 10 (Georgia).

In the state in question, police training is 14.5 weeks.

Even getting it up to 30 weeks would be a decided improvement.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/slleta06.pdf
    Holy shit! I mean, why doesn't the US believe in education? We hardly ever hear about people getting shot by police officers in Germany, it's so rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Never understand how a 1st world country can have such a trigger-happy police.
    It's the gun and frontier culture. In other civilized countries, even bandits were thinking twice before shooting the police; but in USA, deadly violence against the law enforcement is a norm of life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Why not aim for arm or leg.
    Because you cannot aim for anything with a handgun. You will be lucky to hit the torso with the several tries. The handgun is too light, the barrel too short, the caliber too big.

Aiming for the leg is a tactically unsound idea. It's not only unlikely to immediately disable the suspect, it's also likely to result in a mortal wound. You're also far more likely to miss a leg than center-of-mass and hit a bystander. Whoever thinks shooting the leg is a good idea has never had any firearms training.

To everyone else saying you never see cops shooting people in Europe, that's because of a variety of different reasons, very little of the total reason being "American cops are bloodthirsty." Yes, some of them are, some of them are amped-up former soldiers with PTSD that should be making regular visits to the VA instead of showing up for work at a police precinct. However, America also has 300 million guns, and a much more violent and bloodthirsty populace in general. Even if you took all the guns away, and assumed people killed by guns in America every year would not instead be killed using other weapons, like a murderer just decides to opt for a knife, we still have one of the highest murder rates in the developed western world, completely sans firearm slayings. When you throw in the fact that most European cops aren't standard-armed with firearms, but instead rely primarily on batons, mace, and tasers, it becomes pretty obvious why cops in America shoot when they shoot.
    Last edited by Shalidor; 2017-09-22 at 05:32 AM.

It doesn't actually matter if a person is deaf if it is approaching a law enforcement officer with a drawn out gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    It was a metal pipe, not a stick. Big fucking difference. A metal pipe, 2 foot long, with a strap on one end for your hand, is not used for walking or any other purpose, other than being a weapon.

The strap is so that when you swing hard as you can, it does not slip out of your hand. This is to allow you to continuously swing the weapon at someone/something.

You do not need to be able to hear, to know that when a cop is pointing a gun at you (and looks like they are yelling at you), that maybe you should stop walking towards them with a weapon. And even put the weapon down.
    One cop used a taser, the other cop fired 5-10 bullets. Which cop is the moron?

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter, people without money are considered garbage in this country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I feel bad for the good police who I genuinely believe are the majority.

But that said, the majority are doing a piss-poor job of taking out the minority. Even when police do come to trial by the dozens in recent years, they never get convictions, even on blatantly obvious cases.

Is that simple prosecutorial incompetence, or are they intentionally sinking their efforts with overcharging or with poorly-run trials? Is it more racism in the courtroom? Is it evidence of systemic bias - if so of what kind?

End result, all police need to be considered a threat. Most people will interpret that as be very careful not to provoke or escalate, others will interpret that as standing their ground firmly and taking no shit. All of it will make the bad cops even more trigger happy and the good cops even more scared.

Something's got to break here. The current situation is bad and it's only getting worse.
    First off, it's not the majority. You have to be hella messed up to actually think the MAJORITY of the police force are nothing but cruel people. Secondly, they don't get "convictions" because they are being judged by individuals that actually understand the job and understand the law and not internet raging kids.

Listen to what the police tells you and you won't get fucking shot.