900+ Ilvl on champions question.

So I did enough quests on Argus on my alts to unlock the ability to obtain Ilvl 900 on the Order Hall Champions.

However question I'd like to know is, do we HAVE to finish the entire Argus story line on each character in order to get the necessary quests to unlock the ability to obtain equipment that will push them onwards to 950?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly sure you need to do the quests on any character you want to have access to the 925+ gear (I assume you meant the 925+ stuff, as we've been able to get ilevel 900 on our followers for months).

Maybe not the entire quest line, but pretty much yeah you have to do the quests to unlock the new gear and ilvl stuff for followers.

Yes you do. I did only the first part and so far I only get green trinkets like "30% chance with hazards" and NO armor upgrades. I finished whole Argus questline EXCEPT the dungeon, which is the last part, and according to wowhead and my friends, only after you do the WHOLE questline AND the dungeon you get next quest from Alleria that unlocks the second part featuring second troop (void purged krokul, bonus to spells), blue trinkets and the quest to upgrade champions to ilvl 925 - that would suggest you start getting the armors then.

I'm sitting on the quest to do the dungeon for like... 2 weeks it's been out? And kinda always find something else to do so in the end it always gets pushed down my prio list. And I got literally ZERO ilvl upgrades for followers. So I'm certain you need to do everything to get these.

P.S. If there are people who weren't lazy like me and actually unlocked the stuff and upgraded the champs... is it worth it? So far the new Argus missions didn't excite me, you don't get more gold than from the old missions, you barely get more AP (like 20% more) but majority of these missions are long-ass (20-24h duration) and annoying to counter so no easy 200% unless you burn resources on the new troops. So is there a point of actually bothering with the whole business?
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-09-22 at 03:36 AM.

Complete the entire quest chain and you unlock the 925 follower items. Alleria gives you the quest where you need to get 6 followers to 925 ilvl and that is after the dungeon part.

Are there any board missions higher the level 900? I have two champions at 925 now and have not gotten a single mission yet that's over level 900. Nor do the 925 champions seem to have better success odds than they did when they were still at 900.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonatic View Post
    Are there any board missions higher the level 900? I have two champions at 925 now and have not gotten a single mission yet that's over level 900. Nor do the 925 champions seem to have better success odds than they did when they were still at 900.
    I have all 925 missions.
    Doesn't matter though, same rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonatic View Post
    You don't unlock the 925 missions until you complete the quest that requires 6 followers at 925. Likewise you don't unlock the 950 missions until you complete the quest to have 6 followers at 950.

As the above post said the rewards largely stay the same. Only the follower gear missions change to grant better gear. You also need to fully complete the quest line to do your Antorus raid mission(once available).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-22 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yes you do. I did only the first part and so far I only get green trinkets like "30% chance with hazards" and NO armor upgrades. I finished whole Argus questline EXCEPT the dungeon, which is the last part, and according to wowhead and my friends, only after you do the WHOLE questline AND the dungeon you get next quest from Alleria that unlocks the second part featuring second troop (void purged krokul, bonus to spells), blue trinkets and the quest to upgrade champions to ilvl 925 - that would suggest you start getting the armors then.

I'm sitting on the quest to do the dungeon for like... 2 weeks it's been out? And kinda always find something else to do so in the end it always gets pushed down my prio list. And I got literally ZERO ilvl upgrades for followers. So I'm certain you need to do everything to get these.

P.S. If there are people who weren't lazy like me and actually unlocked the stuff and upgraded the champs... is it worth it? So far the new Argus missions didn't excite me, you don't get more gold than from the old missions, you barely get more AP (like 20% more) but majority of these missions are long-ass (20-24h duration) and annoying to counter so no easy 200% unless you burn resources on the new troops. So is there a point of actually bothering with the whole business?
    It'll be more important when Antorus drops later and you'll want to get the raid quests.

Also it'll increase the likelihood of a 200% and considering how just follower missions for gold are paying my sub right now I'd say it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Also it'll increase the likelihood of a 200% and considering how just follower missions for gold are paying my sub right now I'd say it's worth it.
    That's the thing, not unlocking Argus missions on alts = old gold missions with 1,5k bonus, 3 slots, easy 200%, decent duration (usually around 8h), 36h expiration.

Unlocking Argus missions = same gold missions for 1,5k bonus (base reward varies usually around 600g), often 2 slots, not so easy 200% due to Argus elite and other stuff, super long duration, 6h expiry... They suck in my eyes, reward isn't better and the way they're laid out I can send my followers to some 20h missions only to have a gold mission spawn and despawn still while all the followers are out busy. Also same as 7.2, they completely disable the old missions except the special missions (like raid and command center ones).

So I'm asking, are these missions getting any better later on if you upgrade the followers?

Its good I am getting a lot more gold missions than before. I dont do other missions though. Anyone started getting the 950 tokens? How long did it take for them to start spawning