Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Aye, did that Quest earlier - gave up with the idea of killing the cursed revenants when I noticed that there's small parts of necrofire inside of wall, and you can't kill them if there's any of it within distance. Ran up, picked the key, went through the doors and mobs dropped combat afterwards.

Those same mobs were easy to eliminate inside the portal tho, in last fight two of them spawned and tried to shoot fire arrows to spawn necrofire. I had whole group standing in water, so they couldn't generate any of it. Once all necrofire in map was gone, eliminated them and continued my journey. As for those "in real world", I left them standing there until end of the game.
    That's what I had to do in the end. Shame those damn mobs made it out of beta. Only part of the game I've disliked so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Sorry for this question that is always asked for every sequel:

Do I have to had played the first game to enjoy this game?
    Nope, you do not have to, but i strongly recommend you to play it, even if it is after the second one.
    I am playing the first one, enhanced edition, and i can not believe how good the game is.

My god that bitch in the god pillar puzzle. Has like a million action points. Like in one turn she summoned 3 wolfs, flew back up to high ground, drained 2 source points and cast hail storm. The wolfs she summons then get to move after her and they also have flight and of course the wolfs explode on death. Wasn't a fun fight for my melee or my caster. Getting muted during the fight is annoying too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished 98 hours, classic, I did waste like 15 at start constantly "rerolling" and restarting (which was pretty much useless since you get free unlimited rerolls soon), but still pretty long. Excellent game, the fact that I finished it is just says it - like 90% of my Steam games are unfinished, only really great ones I complete.

I must say the power creep is phenomenal, the avatar was a wizard Pyro/Geo and back in the Joy I could not frikkin' kill a fly, while Sebille as Ranger was waylaying shit, but by the end the Wizard had 84% crit chance (you get retarded amount of crit chance gear and shit) and something like Meteor Shower was literally ahead of anything any of my other companions could ever do. Even the run off the mill Spikes/Fireball combo was doing AoE for what Sebille could do as single target with her crossbow and she was decked out as much as everyone else (steal the shit out everyone for gold, never get caught, buy out all the insane gear) and special props to the "Laser".

Though Knockdown arrow is the shit, trust me buy these from every last merchant you see, that thing is single most powerful shit EVER that will make things much easier, especially final fight where it was outright retarded, I'd even say gamebreaking, that and teleports of various kinds made that fight almost trivial slog through enemy HP.

But well it is the usual Divinity OS thing, wizards start as shit and snowball into retardation by the end, although I still have to try 2h build.

Anyway, great game as expected, they only fucked up quite a bit in Arx with the whole questline of Paladin Lord and finding Arhu being WAY too cryptic, like you need to find one secret entrance/item to unlock another secret entrance with them being in different parts of the city - IMO it's just bad, because there is no logical lead of any sort there and like a dude said above those flaming shits in consulate which simply were annoying more than threatening, like they could not do shit but it was really hard to shake them off, so it was a huge chorebore stall really.

Of course full voiceover is making the whole thing even better, I kinda expected them to do what a couple of other games did - partial voiceover, but this was truly a full voiceover aside from maybe a line or two here and there. That's some serious effort, especially for a game with so much text/conversations.

One thing I don't understand is Malady, I mean who is she, besides being Demon, she is quite a frikkin' angelic demon especially if you take the MEGASPOILER purge all source ending where she goes to great lengths to cure you from being silent monk and there is nothing in it for her - she even has this angelic wings picture when it is explained. That's like frikkin' the most selfless demon out there, could teach a thing or two to various "betters" we dealt with. I'd vote for her to be divine really. And if she has ulterior motive even with that ending then congratulations she is about the most shrewd and calculating demon yet, Adramlikh is not even in the league if that's the case."
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-09-22 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have read that you can respec at the beginning of Act 2... Does that include everything, skills, attributes, ability points (including civil), talents, etc...?

Was trying to tailor specific companions to specific civil abilities so they could specialize... Like my custom dude going into sneaking/thievery, the red prince going into persuasion, Fane into Loremaster, etc... So I just picked random classes that gave +1 to those on each of them, so just wanted to know if I could change all of that around later and pick specific skills and still put their civil points where I want them; especially the talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I have read that you can respec at the beginning of Act 2... Does that include everything, skills, attributes, ability points (including civil), talents, etc...?
    At the mirror, you can:
    • Re-customize appearance (can't change race/gender/tags)
    • Attribute points
    • Combat abilities
    • Civil abilities
    • Talents

As for skills, you could have all possible Geomancer skills learned as example, but they'll simply remain inactive until you memorize as many as you want (limit based on memory stat). Simply un-memorize skill by clicking it, and memorize another in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    At the mirror, you can:
    • Re-customize appearance (can't change race/gender/tags)
    • Attribute points
    • Combat abilities
    • Civil abilities
    • Talents

As for skills, you could have all possible Geomancer skills learned as example, but they'll simply remain inactive until you memorize as many as you want (limit based on memory stat). Simply un-memorize skill by clicking it, and memorize another in place.
    Ok thanks.

10+ Year Old Account

Was trying to tailor specific companions to specific civil abilities so they could specialize... Like my custom dude going into sneaking/thievery, the red prince going into persuasion, Fane into Loremaster, etc... So I just picked random classes that gave +1 to those on each of them, so just wanted to know if I could change all of that around later and pick specific skills and still put their civil points where I want them; especially the talents.
    Everything except for skills, to learn new skills you will need to get skill tomes. Skills that you already learned but can no longer use because of respec will remain, but you won't be able to use or slot them, until you meet the requirements again, at which point they will be available again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok one more question...

What would make a more survivable tank (in terms of self-healing) between these two:

A Necromancer or an Undead Geomancer throwing poison all over the place and then standing in it?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    One thing I don't understand is Malady, I mean who is she, besides being Demon, she is quite a frikkin' angelic demon especially if you take the MEGASPOILER purge all source ending where she goes to great lengths to cure you from being silent monk and there is nothing in it for her - she even has this angelic wings picture when it is explained. That's like frikkin' the most selfless demon out there, could teach a thing or two to various "betters" we dealt with. I'd vote for her to be divine really. And if she has ulterior motive even with that ending then congratulations she is about the most shrewd and calculating demon yet, Adramlikh is not even in the league if that's the case."
    She's only half-demon
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that hardly matters, it only adds more questions, as in what that even is exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok one more question...

What would make a more survivable tank (in terms of self-healing) between these two:

A Necromancer or an Undead Geomancer throwing poison all over the place and then standing in it?

Based on the number of undead enemies and the amount of enemies with fire-skills, I would not recommend the Undead Geomancer as a tank. It hasn't worked out super great for my Fane yet. Necromancy isn't bad though, and I've given just about everyone a point in it so far for just a little self healing. As far as durability, using a Shield is so good. It provides a stupid amount of Armor. But legit tanking so far is pretty hard. Enemies will walk by my Red Prince without a care to get to Beast, taking an Opportunity attack to get there. I do wish there was more of a way to lock someone down with Opportunity attacks. In 5th Edition D&D, for example, you can take the Sentinel feat which stops the movement of the person you hit with your Opportunity attack. That would be more useful for tanking.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahem... anyone got tactics for the last boss?

Didn't take the doctors offer and killed him for loot instead. Told Lucian and Dallis to go fuck themselves with a rusty knife. Tried to persuade Braccus to fuck off, but he always ignores me, even when I succeed. Not sworn to the god king. Party consists of a Warfare 2h and Warfare sword/shield with a pure Huntsman/Archer and a pyromaniac summoner. I'm playing on explorer difficulty and didn't really pay attention to my builds. Have access to most Arx traders, one or two are... dead.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-09-22 at 10:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way I did that fight was Focused Dallis, once she was down that triggered Braccus to reveal his ulterior motives, focused Braccus - once he was down - the fight was over.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Ahem... anyone got tactics for the last boss?
    Warfare 2h/huntsman archer/hydro summoner/pyro-geomancer - classic difficulty.

In first room, focused on Lucian and Dallis first - once Dallis was low health, Braccus started second fight. Finished Dallis off and switched priority to Kraken instead - with the idea of preventing high AoE damage and reinforcements.. how wrong was I, he simply "respawned".. oh well, got achivement from it. Then I simply finished Braccus off.

Charm/Charm arrows were very nice, as soon as Braccus's magic armor broke, I kept him chain-charmed and he killed his own adds.

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to start again.. on Honor Mode.. as lone wolf shadowblade/battlemage. Got annihilated by starting isle turtles, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The way I did that fight was Focused Dallis, once she was down that triggered Braccus to reveal his ulterior motives, focused Braccus - once he was down - the fight was over.
    Worked! Thanks. Sadly my main character was dead, and I didn't want Fane to have the power so I accidentally let the voidwoken win thinking the game would let me res my character.

Derp

Deleted
    So my journey begins, custom Ranger. I thought they were one of the biggest artillery in D:OS1 and found them more useful than even mages (i made my ranger stink and glass cannon). What is your comfortable party looking and how long/much did you play already?

10+ Year Old Account
    And so it's done. 72.8 hours after picking up the live game (An hour longer than the previous title) I've completed the game and gotten the ending I wanted!

Now what?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one question about the lore continuity...

As D:OS II takes place before Divinity 2, is Divinity 2 no longer 'canon'? Since Lucian is dead-dead and the power of divine has been transferred to another. Or is there something I'm missing where Lucian survives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    And so it's done. 72.8 hours after picking up the live game (An hour longer than the previous title) I've completed the game and gotten the ending I wanted!

Now what?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one question about the lore continuity...

As D:OS II takes place before Divinity 2, is Divinity 2 no longer 'canon'? Since Lucian is dead-dead and the power of divine has been transferred to another. Or is there something I'm missing where Lucian survives?
    While I don't know what is official stance, but one of the endings Lucian and Dallis survive, it's actually the best outcome ending so I guess that's maybe the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    So my journey begins, custom Ranger. I thought they were one of the biggest artillery in D:OS1 and found them more useful than even mages (i made my ranger stink and glass cannon). What is your comfortable party looking and how long/much did you play already?
    2 Lone Wolfs. 1 is a magic archer build, least i like to think so. 10 Ranged / 3 Huntsman / 10 Warfare / 1 Aero / 10 Scoundrel / 1 Hydro /10 Pyro / 10 Geo. Gets a huge benefit from 10 Geo and 10 Pyro with the Venom coating and Firebrand buffs, both stack. Each do about 350 damage on top of normal attack. It's a crit build too, currently at 60% crit. Normally shred through both armour types and get the full damage on the next hit, which is crazy. Out damages a pure mage build i had before.

The other is a dual wield berserker, also crit based. Firebrand and Venom coating is also good for dual wield, both swings from the weapon apply it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1142405766 - Bet the guy had fun writing this story segment lol
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2017-09-23 at 01:45 AM.