Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exotath View Post
    Will lose them either in pre-launch or start of next xpac. Prob find out at blizzcon.
    Lore wise yes,

There's absolutely no way they will physically remove artifacts from the game, two years of work gone? Nope not happening. Besides the fact they've already said with most artifact skins they want them to still be obtainable someway after legion because they didn't want people to feel as if they have to rush to get them before the next expac launch. The exceptions are ones from balance of power, pvp etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like us to have to sacrifice our Artifacts in order to either save or kill Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Why? it was a ridicluous and patronizing aspect they implemented to the game. Makes no sense lore wise or just plain logic wise. How the he'll are a bunch of shamans running around with doomhammers. Makes no sense. Not only that but having to grind a resource to make your wep strong is redundant. The only thing i like from the artifact weps are the relics. They could keep that with future weapons but that's it.
    It also made no sense to have multiple shamans run around with Sulfuras. Or multiple DK's with Shadowmourne. Or everyone with the same legendary cloak. And it also made no sense to have all people of a certain class and spec run around with the same mundane weapon from a normal raid boss. There is absolutely no difference between artifact weapons and any other weapon previously introduced to the game.

OT, i hope we keep them, and instead of going back to old weapon drops they just keep developing skins for them. And if we lose them, i at least hope we get to keep all the traits and especially the skill somehow. I certainly don't want to play without Apocalypse or Void Torrent any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Lore wise yes,

There's absolutely no way they will physically remove artifacts from the game, two years of work gone? Nope not happening. Besides the fact they've already said with most artifact skins they want them to still be obtainable someway after legion because they didn't want people to feel as if they have to rush to get them before the next expac launch. The exceptions are ones from balance of power, pvp etc
    I mean...obviously? If anyone thought they were going to go back and redesign the entire leveling process and campaign to be without artifacts....they're mental.

I assumed that most of us reading this thread knew the context was within the topic of Lore and not mechanical design of the game systems.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    I hope we keep them and all classes receive a teleport to their order hall.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

i had a great idea
    since we need a stat squish and to make the legendaries go away it would be so cool if some "force in warcraft" reseted the universe to a more simpler time, where no monsters and shadow and powerful equipment scared the land

in short, the stat squish would be so immense we would be back in vanilla wow with blues, noone would crit above 600 or 1000

i hope we keep them, remember the million times that BIS weapon never dropped? I like developing my legendary wep, it's a great system

Maybe ther should be more transmogs for them, thats about it. They should get rid of all the other legendaries though, it's too limiting

They already "mentioned" this months and months ago.

Inb4askingforsource: Too fucking lazy, go find it yourself.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    How did a bunch of people have Shadowmourne or Gorehowl?

- - - Updated - - -
    I mean people have always overlooked it because it has been a game mechanic from the start but if we drill down enough no one should have any of the same dropped gear as any one else. Technically every mob/dungeon boss/raid boss should die once and one person per realm should have what they drop (let alone the question why all bosses no matter the logic drop things in the first place. Like why should any animal bosses somehow have armor pieces in their possession?) This idea that Artifact weapons are drastically different from any other dropped weapons in this regard is stupid. No two people should have the same gear except perhaps crafted gear or PVP gear with the idea that it's mass produced by vendors. So all Shaman running around with Doomhammer is no different ultimately than tons of characters running around with the same drops in every other slot.

Quote Originally Posted by brigada View Post
    i hope we keep them, remember the million times that BIS weapon never dropped? I like developing my legendary wep, it's a great system

Maybe ther should be more transmogs for them, thats about it. They should get rid of all the other legendaries though, it's too limiting
    I'm hoping the general radio silence on this subject from Blizzard since they stated Artifacts were a Legion only item means they have reconsidered. I really enjoy the Artifact system and I would love to keep my current artifact weapon and continue to power it up or drastically change it's abilities and start again etc. Replacing weapons every so often again feels like a step backwards. I also agree though that they should create more appearances or maybe even some means of transmuting the Artifact into a different type of weapon (for people who wish to be say a Holy Priest but don't want a staff instead a mace and book) it would keep the talents and lore etc but would simply be a different form for user preference.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2017-09-22 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What do you guys think about this?
    Nothing cause we havent reached the end of the xpac yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Exotath View Post
    I mean...obviously? If anyone thought they were going to go back and redesign the entire leveling process and campaign to be without artifacts....they're mental.

I assumed that most of us reading this thread knew the context was within the topic of Lore and not mechanical design of the game systems.
    Well, seeing as I directly quoted the guy I'd assume people would have enough common sense to know I was telling him that as the way he worded it made it sound like that what he assumed would happen.

And just to make a point, since I replied directly to his comment about it being the start of the next xpac or pre patch; I meant theres no way they will remove them when you reach that point, aka not remove them from the start of the legion expac.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's 100% not likely we will lose them in 7.3.5, because we need for the raid. And the raid is gonna stay with us for atleast 6 months after 7.3.5 launches. And IF they desicde to put a liitle Ruby Sanctum raid after Antorus (which I fully expect them to do), we won't see any mention of losing them until 8.0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    How does it make no sense lore wise? Lore wise there's only one Shaman with it. Same with the other weapons, "lore wise" there is only one person with it.
    Lore wise players also don't exist, or at least we aren't that significant. Though nowadays players have gone from lousy peons scooping up poop to Malfurion/Thrall status. I think the only mention of heroes in the books is from Garrosh during his trial in War Crimes but I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What do you guys think about this?
    Nothing because we wont lose them until the intro quests of next xpack. We physically cannot lose them while Legion is live because of the nature of the game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Right...yes...from 100-110 they will still be there for alts and new players that come late to the game...but once you progress to the next x-pac, you would give them up...same as us all.
    except for the fact that they are keeping the artifact appearances into the next expansion, they are removing the challenge one and one other that I cant remember. the artifacts will be depowered somehow for 111+ or made redundant. hopefully they will still be useful for timewalking, but they won't remove something like that

Deleted
    Mark my words, but i think that 8.0 will include a variation of the AP grind. Maybe artifact weapons#2. AP grind is what moves legion forward. You always "have" to do somehting in game, in order to "progress". Removing it will be a step backwards

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be a difficult transition for sure.

I expect they'll do the following:

1) Wait until 8.0 - hint at them being needed to solve a problem, but not actually do anything.

2) Make a quest-chain and scenario that goes in with 8.0 that gates all future content, and requires you to give up the weapon (but obviously you can put off doing that as long as you like and keep doing Legion stuff).

3) The process of giving up the weapon will involve some kind of powerful magic that will imbue your character with more power. This will mean all the simple numerical gains from the artifact weapon will just be baked into your abilities post-powering-up - probably at the level they were with no Relics. This will make balancing more straightforward.

4) The non-numerical modifications will be a bit fiddlier to deal with, but they'll either bake them in, or ditch them, probably on a case-by-case basis.

5) Things that currently grant artifact power will likely just grant some other kind of resource, at a really, really rubbish rate, just to make it so they're not completely insulting/worthless when you keep getting them in 8.0, but they'll ensure the value is so low they're not worth farming.

As for other things:

A) I think they'll continue the new "Legendary" system. In an ideal world, they'd come up with a name/colour that isn't Legendary. Hopefully they'll come up with a more deterministic system than the current "RNG 4 EVAR" one they have right now, which given how powerful some Legendaries are relative to to others is... not great.

B) I would be super-unsurprised to see a sort of "Artifact Armour" system (probably replacing 2-4 of your armour pieces rather than all of them), or some kind of system that generally mimicked the steady progression of the Artifact power mechanic in Legion. They might make it an "internal" system, which it just plays out as a sort of a talent tree, but I expect them to make it actual physical objects, given how well-received the Artifact weapons were. If so I would expect it to be a bit more complex than the current system, and also for the Relic-equivalents to work completely differently (they might well functionally become how you get set bonuses from raids). If they had as many different armour appearances as they do weapon ones, on multiple pieces, I think people would be okay with that (esp. as you could still transmog over it).

Quote Originally Posted by droidzone View Post
    Mark my words, but i think that 8.0 will include a variation of the AP grind. Maybe artifact weapons#2. AP grind is what moves legion forward. You always "have" to do somehting in game, in order to "progress". Removing it will be a step backwards
    Definitely - I mean, the actual system might not launch until the expansion goes live, but the AP grind worked, it worked well, even if we didn't like it. All it really needed was a better, steadier catch-up mechanism, rather than going from "Alts are SOOL" to "WOOOHOO MAX POWER!" in 7.2 to 7.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I hope they change their minds and we keep them moving forward.

It was one thing to lose them to super powered alien weapons on other planets. It will be dumb to have them out shined by some random south sea pirate who dropped a toothpick that is now a dagger.
    Or we need to sacrifice our artifacts in the big introduction event before the next expansion and probably incorporate some of their powers inside us (when they rework classes again and make some artifact traits baseline effects / spells for the respective specs).

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Or we need to sacrifice our artifacts in the big introduction event before the next expansion and probably incorporate some of their powers inside us (when they rework classes again and make some artifact traits baseline effects / spells for the respective specs).
    Yeah, this is what will happen, pretty much 100%.

Why would we lose them before the prepatch?