Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It has had a movie AND a tv miniseries. Narcolepsy hasn't had either. CHECKMATE LOSERS

IT's true form is a like a mass of orange decaying lights. The spidery form is just a corporeal thing. IT is not even one of the greater deamons.

IT is defeated by emotion. HE even remarks, IT himself, that he might not be as powerful as he thought after being dealt a bunch of Ls.

Nyarlathotep is not defeatable. He unmakes reality.

IT is not nearly as powerful as people seem to be suggesting in this thread. He's just an old macroverse dude.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Still a monster, even if powerful.

Nyarlathotep on the other hand is actual god with many (MANY) forms.
    Read the book. "It" isn't just a monster. In that scene they aren't even seeing its true form. Its true form was in a distant part of the universe (perhaps even another dimension), partially made of light, and human minds couldn't even comprehend it. It basically IS an outer god. It can also look like whatever it wants to look like on our plane. You're just seeing the projection of It in our physical universe, not the real creature. Don't forget, Stephen King is a pretty big fan of the Cthulhu Mythos, and he even wrote a couple of stories within it (read Crouch End sometime, it is specifically set in the Cthulhu Mythos - Needful Things is also implied to be). "It" was basically more or less based on Yog-Sothoth.

I'm not sure if the latest movie even went into that. The book went into it in pretty excruciating detail, making clear that the spider-like creature they saw was not Its real form, or even Its actual body, and that Its actual form was in another dimension and incomprehensible to mortal minds.

Elder God, Nyarlathotep, by a very extremely large margin.

keep in mind, the kids were not only supported by the Turtle but also empowered by Gan, basically the creator of the Macroverse.

Also keep in mind that IT can multiply and reproduce.

I can't remember if Nyarlathotep has any armies or sentients at his beck and call like any other of the ancient beings from the Mythos

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Read the book. "It" isn't just a monster. In that scene they aren't even seeing its true form. Its true form was in a distant part of the universe (perhaps even another dimension), partially made of light, and human minds couldn't even comprehend it. It basically IS an outer god. It can also look like whatever it wants to look like on our plane. You're just seeing the projection of It in our physical universe, not the real creature. Don't forget, Stephen King is a pretty big fan of the Cthulhu Mythos, and he even wrote a couple of stories within it (read Crouch End sometime, it is specifically set in the Cthulhu Mythos - Needful Things is also implied to be). "It" was basically more or less based on Yog-Sothoth.

I'm not sure if the latest movie even went into that. The book went into it in pretty excruciating detail, making clear that the spider-like creature they saw was not Its real form, or even Its actual body, and that Its actual form was in another dimension and incomprehensible to mortal minds.
    Yes, I have read the books. More to it I haven't even watched the latest movie. I know all the celestial shenanigans about zoo turtles and stuff.
    I already said it before, but I'll repeat myself. King himself said that he wanted to make a creature that would accumulate the features of all different scary myths from Geger's xenomorphs to classic werewolves, vampires, trolls etc.
    The rest is just convenience (for a writer) bullshit like mind control of adults, hallucinations, and whatever else.

Yes, he is incredibly powerful that controls time and space and whatnot that needs to sleep every 27 years, need to feed on little kids emotions and got his ass handled to him by kids. Twice.

Nyarlathotep may be as well Robin holding bat signal, but it's like comparing Robin to Professor Xavier in a kung-fu match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

It's true form versus Nyarlathotep from the Cthulu Mythos.
    haha, thats not IT's true form, that 'form' in the tv series was a joke.

if anything, this is more what it looks like.

the spider was just another manifestation of ITs form.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    In part 1 Pennywise got beaten by a kid using his inhaler and in part 2 they defeated him by pushing him over like a cow.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    In part 1 Pennywise got beaten by a kid using his inhaler and in part 2 they defeated him by pushing him over like a cow.
    the symbolism wasn't the inhaler or the pushing over really, more the idea that if you aren't afraid of him, he starves to death.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account

Best Nyarlathotep

He lays dreaming in madness by which the creation of all things has caused and if awoken all would be as the waking of the morning.

https://www.amazon.com/H.P.-Lovecraf...522&sr=1-2-ent
    Last edited by brimdog; 2017-09-22 at 03:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    haha, thats not IT's true form, that 'form' in the tv series was a joke.

if anything, this is more what it looks like.

the spider was just another manifestation of ITs form.
    That's the point I was trying to make. Stephen King is very familiar with the Cthulhu Mythos and has written works in it. And he pretty much based It on Yog-Sothoth.

http://stephenking.wikia.com/wiki/Deadlights

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    keep in mind, the kids were not only supported by the Turtle but also empowered by Gan, basically the creator of the Macroverse.

Also keep in mind that IT can multiply and reproduce.

I can't remember if Nyarlathotep has any armies or sentients at his beck and call like any other of the ancient beings from the Mythos
    And that very Gan would get completely stomped by Nyar http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:764711

Nyar is so far away... Pennywise couldn't even reach Nyar's weakest avatars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lovecraftian horror is fundamentally different from King's. King feels compelled to explain the origin and capabilities and limitations of his villains. Lovecraft's old ones and outer gods are intentionally undefined.

You cannot compare the power of Lovecraft's gods, because they are definitively maddening to comprehend, and nothing in lore has ever tested them. Most of them aren't even awake, all their malevolence and horror is merely the echo of their dreams made manifest - not even their conscious intention. In fact some aren't even dreaming, they are straight up dead, and even in 'death' they are still all powerful gods whose will is still shaping and changing the universe.

Thus Pennywise and the Deadlights have limitations, while Lovecraft's pantheon have none. You can't pair off a Lovecraftian god against Pennywise any more than you can against Wolverine or Batman.

Edit: It occurs to me.... what if Batman is an Old One?! He's bored so he gives himself human-ish limitations, but then when he starts losing he just cheats and Batman's his way out of shit. He dies all the time but never actually stays dead, etc.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-09-22 at 04:09 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter