Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Has someone, move on, damaged goods.

Work place relationships don’t end well. You also are setting yourself up for harassment. Danger danger, Will Robinson.

If you really care... nothing. As you know nothing good would come from it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Calm the fuck down sjw
    I'm calm, yet we see idiot posts like that so often here, I'd like to save everyone time and tell him his perception of reality is really, really warped right from the beginning. If your sensible nature is too soft for this, this forum really isn't for you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The ad you should place in the school paper:
    SWM with an ambiguous attitude toward social norms seeks hopeless situation and an unfulfilled life as a future job seeker.

Here's a contrary thought: why not try pursuing women that are actually available and interested? Do you prefer to auto-fail for some reason?

I fucked my boss and then began avoiding her because she was clingy and an all around bad person. I'm still paying for that. Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    What do you guys think? Is it ok, fair to pursue a girl who is in a relationship for this long?
    No. The vast, vast majority of people are loyal. Even if she did get with you, that would mean she likely won't be loyal to you, either.

Second, in the very likely case that she is loyal, you're gonna be majorly fucked.

Not worth it , AT ALL.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kill the bf and then be there for her during the period of grief.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do advice.

However if it was me, I would simply step up, not try any tactics, just simply pick a moment, and then make my move, say how I feel. Simply make it clear I enjoy being around her, her company brightens up my day, I want to spend more time with her in anyway possible.

Ask her out on a date, so I could get that chance. If she turns me down, cards are on the table I never have to wonder, if she is accepting then make it worth her fucking while.

Be original, but don't reinvent the wheel, find excuses to get close to her, romance her make sure if she gives me the chance that I express my intentions, don't wimp out, if in the end all you want to do is be with her and fill her life with love and she gets a taste of what that is like, she will have to make a choice.

I notice loyalty, effort and the real ability to actually give a shit and put it on the line honestly goes further, but not always, and shit maybe that isn't what she is looking for or simply not me. Show your strength too, I can be devastated, but show maturity also and simply moving on.

Side note, this has worked for me with everyone I have known I have interest with, regardless of relationship.

People you care about like to feel appreciated.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-22 at 04:32 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm calm, yet we see idiot posts like that so often here, I'd like to save everyone time and tell him his perception of reality is really, really warped right from the beginning. If your sensible nature is too soft for this, this forum really isn't for you.
    the only thing really warped here is your questionable behaviour.

What do you guys think? Is it ok, fair to pursue a girl who is in a relationship for this long?
    No

+1 for thread bait title.

It'd be rather despicable to interfere with her if you know she's in a relationship... more so considering you know she's been in it for 8 years. A lot of people are in long relationships that aren't married, whom are perfectly content with just having a partnership.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-09-22 at 04:38 PM.

Shelve it, she's already occupied, just enjoy the good friendship you seem to have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Has someone, move on, damaged goods.
    That's just silly to say on the second...

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    the only thing really warped here is your questionable behaviour.
    Okay then... don't respond to me, lady. It's really that simple.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Here is where things become complicated, Kriss has a bf, they've been together for about 8 years, they also live together but they are still not married.
    Just because she isn't married doesn't mean she's 'attainable'. More people in that age group are opting to co-habitate without getting married. She's clearly in a committed relationship and you should move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    It'd be rather despicable to interfere with her if you know she's in a relationship... more so considering you know she's been in it for 8 years. A lot of people are in long relationships that aren't married, whom are perfectly content with just having a partnership.
    Yeah, no it isn't if they aren't married game on!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Shelve it, she's already occupied, just enjoy the good friendship you seem to have.
    - - - Updated - - -
    That's just silly to say on the second...
    Pfft NO, occupied my ass, what is she a bathroom stall. She isn't married, if some the other hasn't put a ring on it, and she is willing, fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah, no it isn't if they aren't married game on!
    You don't need to be married. She's in a stabil, committed relationship, ring doesn't matter, leave her be.

So, how do you feel about cheating?

10+ Year Old Account
    If she has a boyfriend for 8 years that pretty much means she's taken. People can be in relationships that are like being married but for reasons they won't tell anyone why. Like maybe the boyfriend has crippling debt and being married would literally screw her over as the debt collectors would come after her. Or maybe they're waiting for the right time to get married, like if they both have good paying jobs.

Whatever the reason is that is off limits. If she comes to you and wants to have a relationship with you, go for it. Otherwise leave her alone and don't tell her how you feel. You don't want to make your situation with her uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Work place relationships don’t end well. You also are setting yourself up for harassment. Danger danger, Will Robinson.
    Harassment charges, unemployment, and dark alley retaliation from her other half. So much downside, so little upside. Going to need pics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    You don't need to be married. She's in a stabil, committed relationship, ring doesn't matter, leave her be.
    Nope, no ring, take your shot, if she switches up, not your problem, all's fair in love and war. Competition is competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    If she has a boyfriend for 8 years that pretty much means she's taken. People can be in relationships that are like being married but for reasons they won't tell anyone why. Like maybe the boyfriend has crippling debt and being married would literally screw her over as the debt collectors would come after her. Or maybe they're waiting for the right time to get married, like if they both have good paying jobs.

Whatever the reason is that is off limits. If she comes to you and wants to have a relationship with you, go for it. Otherwise leave her alone and don't tell her how you feel. You don't want to make your situation with her uncomfortable.
    No it doesn't it mean she is taken it just means she has a boy friend for 8 years.