Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    They completely demonetized Sargon, who has 1M subscribers, and wont verify him, thats pretty dirty.
    Why did he get demonetized? Was it due to copyright strikes? Do advertisers simply no longer want their ads appearing on his channel? Because the last one is pretty common nowadays that advertisers are getting more control over where their ads appear on YT.

And what do you mean by "verify"?

Brosciencelife is "Dom Mazetti" and they also demonetized him, not allowing him to make money on his videos.
    Again, how? Is this simply an issue where advertisers don't want their content appearing on his channel? Because if so, that's kinda his problem, not Googles.

TYT are SJWs, and in videos where they openly deny the Armenian genocide, they are allowed to monetize, because google sees them "fit" to use advertisers for, TYT also has made comments about the Armenia genocide should happen again, with their piece "white Christians, your time has come", which they were allowed to monetize.
    They do? I don't watch their stuff, but I'd be interested to see where they actively deny this. A quick google mainly turns up articles like this one that are primarily aimed at their channels name - https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...t-the-nam.html

They scrub anything thats openly against SJWs and against their narrative, its pretty obviously out there, look what happened to their engineer they just canned for using the suggestions box.
    Surely you have evidence of Google specifically going after/allowing all this, rather than this all happening through their larger automated system, right?

I'm not saying their automated system is fine (it's causing tons of problems for a lot of folks and is kinda a mess), but if it's all happening through their automated system then it's not really Google singling out any one of those channels you called out.

10+ Year Old Account
    They completely demonetized Sargon, who has 1M subscribers, and wont verify him, thats pretty dirty. Brosciencelife is "Dom Mazetti" and they also demonetized him, not allowing him to make money on his videos. TYT are SJWs, and in videos where they openly deny the Armenian genocide, they are allowed to monetize, because google sees them "fit" to use advertisers for, TYT also has made comments about the Armenia genocide should happen again, with their piece "white Christians, your time has come", which they were allowed to monetize. They scrub anything thats openly against SJWs and against their narrative, its pretty obviously out there, look what happened to their engineer they just canned for using the suggestions box.

Come to your own conclusions on this, but its some pretty bad shit, which is why I chime in like i did.
    Sargon has 700k subscribers and is still verified. Demonetized is another thing since it's hitting all sorts of channels.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why did he get demonetized? Was it due to copyright strikes? Do advertisers simply no longer want their ads appearing on his channel? Because the last one is pretty common nowadays that advertisers are getting more control over where their ads appear on YT.

Verify would be aimed at twitter, my apologies, where he, with close to a million followers, wont be verified.

Again, how? Is this simply an issue where advertisers don't want their content appearing on his channel? Because if so, that's kinda his problem, not Googles.
    Problem is, the people that want to use their channels for advertisement are not being allowed to, because google wont let them.

They do? I don't watch their stuff, but I'd be interested to see where they actively deny this. A quick google mainly turns up articles like this one that are primarily aimed at their channels name - https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...t-the-nam.html
    Did you use google to look for stuff pertaining to how google is mistreating users who are openly against SJWs, or course they censor it

Surely you have evidence of Google specifically going after/allowing all this, rather than this all happening through their larger automated system, right?

I'm not saying their automated system is fine (it's causing tons of problems for a lot of folks and is kinda a mess), but if it's all happening through their automated system then it's not really Google singling out any one of those channels you called out.
    Its not automated, its directed attacks, even the latest brosciencelife video calls YT out on it. Its a channel about bros working out at the gym, and its satire, yet google hates it, because they think its misogynistic

Verify would be aimed at twitter, my apologies, where he, with close to a million followers, wont be verified.
    So not Google, righto. Again, has Twitter given a reason as to why they won't verify him? Either way, it's entirely their choice who gets verified, so if they object to his content and don't want to verify him then that's kinda tough cookies.

Problem is, the people that want to use their channels for advertisement are not being allowed to, because google wont let them.
    Then maybe they need to re-evaluate their content? I mean, Google needs to cater to advertisers too, who want more control over where their ads appear like they have on TV networks etc. I can imagine a lot of advertisers would want to avoid his channel, from what I've seen of it. Controversy isn't always a great thing to court when you're trying to get folks to buy your shit.

Did you use google to look for stuff pertaining to how google is mistreating users who are openly against SJWs, or course they censor it
    I don't know, are we moving the goalposts and changing topics now? Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

Its not automated, its directed attacks, even the latest brosciencelife video calls YT out on it. Its a channel about bros working out at the gym, and its satire, yet google hates it, because they think its misogynistic
    Then surely you can link to evidence of these direct attacks, no?

Right now you've got a lot of assertions without much to back any of them up, bro.

What they are telling you is true. I don't know why you are surprised. Google is a HIGHLY politicized company. They make no claims to being neutral. You literally cannot make a single nickel from YouTube, off a video that is anti-left. You might get way with espousing a right wing view here or there, but if you engage with the left, you will be demonetized. If you make your channel all about the right, you will see instant demonetization, before anyone even had a chance to watch it. Meanwhile, TYT has yet to see a video demonetized, and they are put in the trending feed, before their video even has any views or likes. It's quite transparent what is going on.

That said, it's not illegal, and the free market will correct it. Another outlet will come along, that stays out of politics, and it will steal all their viewers. The person who pays the price for bigotry, is the bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What they are telling you is true. I don't know why you are surprised. Google is a HIGHLY politicized company. They make no claims to being neutral. You literally cannot make a single nickel from YouTube, off a video that is anti-left. You might get way with espousing a right wing view here or there, but if you engage with the left, you will be demonetized. If you make your channel all about the right, you will see instant demonetization, before anyone even had a chance to watch it. Meanwhile, TYT has yet to see a video demonetized, and they are put in the trending feed, before their video even has any views or likes. It's quite transparent what is going on.
    Cool, so you can link to direct evidence/proof of it then, I take it? I'd be interested in reading it! (please no hour long videos, I don't have time to sit through all that -_-)

Cool, so you can link to direct evidence/proof of it then, I take it? I'd be interested in reading it! (please no hour long videos, I don't have time to sit through all that -_-)
    No, I can't, and I don't even care to. I'm telling you what I think. If that means something to you, great. If not, great. I don't really care if you remain ignorant or not. /shrug

No, I can't, and I don't even care to. I'm telling you what I think. If that means something to you, great. If not, great. I don't really care if you remain ignorant or not. /shrug
    So you expect and ask that others provide proof, yet continue to refuse to ever provide any yourself.

Should I just never expect you to engage in productive, meaningful discussions if this is going to continue to be the case? If so it will make attempting to have a discussion with you far easier.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    So you expect and ask that others provide proof, yet continue to refuse to ever provide any yourself.

Should I just never expect you to engage in productive, meaningful discussions if this is going to continue to be the case? If so it will make attempting to have a discussion with you far easier.
    Im at work right now, and i dont want to look up a bunch of videos on my company computer, however when i get home ill link so good videos for you to watch, draw your conclusion, but i dont think anything i say will sway you.

When have I ever asked for a source, other than in jest? What in the world are you on about?

You and me are here for different reasons, based on this comment. I'm here to discuss things, because I find humans, and their reasons for thinking things, to be interesting. I'm not here on some crusade to convert the world to my view. Hence, why I'm not obsessed with linking sources. I don't care what your source says, I care what YOU say. Deference to authority is a debate tactic we all learned about in school, yet some seem to think its the means for winning all arguments. It's not.

The bottom line is, I can do the work, and provide you with the source, if I want. It will take some time and effort on my part. And when I present it, you will question the authority of the source, or some other lame excuse, and just hand wave it away. It's a pointless exercise in futility.

Instead of playing that game, I just want to hear the ideas of others. People explaining ideologies that I don't agree with, or understand, is interesting.

10+ Year Old Account

That said, it's not illegal, and the free market will correct it. Another outlet will come along, that stays out of politics, and it will steal all their viewers. The person who pays the price for bigotry, is the bigot.
    demonetization on youtube right now is not a left vs right issue, it affects both the left and the right. Even those who cannot give 2 shits about politics are affected.

The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.

Wiki says he just was photographed with their shield (that was freely distributed to anyone there), not that he definitely was a member.

Was there any journalist investigation to see if he actually attended their gatherings before that or something? Paid membership fees or whatever it is they are doing? Perhaps actually owned that shield at least?
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-09-22 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Wiki says he just was photographed with their shield (that was freely distributed to anyone there), not that he definitely was a member.

Was there any journalist investigation to see if he actually attended their gatherings before that or something? Paid membership fees or whatever it is they are doing?
    What wiki? And I mean...why would you grab the shield of a white supremacist group, and conveniently be dressed in the same shirt/slacks as the rest of them, if you weren't involved with them?

This is some really low effort shit, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just a fact about US judicial system and investigations. "Innocent until proven guilty" is also considered good practice in general as far as application of law is concerned.
    So...why did you bring it up? It certainly doesn't seem to apply here. You either brought it up as a defense of Trump, or it was completely irrelevant information. Pick one. Neither trait is helpful.

Obviously with your "not with us means against us" mentality anyone who doesn't support witch hunts is supporter of witches.
    This line would work better if there wasn't mounting evidence that the investigation is getting stronger. You don't pick a lock on a no-knock warrant because "she turned me into a newt, I got better" was said.

Also, in case you're trying to imply a double standard, bear in mind this is the first investigation, and Trump, Pence, Flynn, Manafort, etc. haven't even testified under oath to Mueller yet. Now compare that to the number of times Clinton did, even after each one came up with nothing.

Claiming I support "witch hunts" only when they're on my side, is so laughably inept at distinguishing the two, you might as well say Clinton sold all the uranium on flat earth to the lizard people. If the Mueller investigation finds no evidence of anything at all, and there is a second investigation anyhow, and then six more after that, and if I support those, you might have a point then. Until that happens -- depending on how the 2018 elections go it very well head that way -- you don't get to say that when Trump's own son intentionally met with Russians for help with the election, and they did it at Trump Tower, and they admitted it openly.

And finally, I'll remind you this is not just "the other side does it". Trump stood and basket in the LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! chants and then threatened to prosecute her to her face. He didn't just "use" it, he applauded it, he reveled in it. Trump threw those rules out. You can't use them to defend him, or his fanbase, anymore. I don't make the rules. Neither do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    demonetization on youtube right now is not a left vs right issue, it affects both the left and the right. Even those who cannot give 2 shits about politics are affected.
    Except, it's not. TYT videos go straight to the trending feed, even when nobody is watching them, or everyone dislikes them. Google is not a neutral company. It's ludicrous to think that it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, it's not a left vs right issue. It's more of a we do not want to associated with anything controversial like our sponsors and advertisers.

When have I ever asked for a source, other than in jest? What in the world are you on about?
    Right here is you asking for proof / source:

Do you have numbers that show our errors are out of line with yours, statistically?
    and I'm sure there are many other times but I guess they were all in jest
    Last edited by Attackrabbit; 2017-09-22 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Dylann Roof mentally disabled? thats like saying the Sandy Hook guy was an alt-righter; however, i would agree that most alt-righters are probably mentally disabled.
    You are missing the point, it doesn't mater if he was or not. I can claim to be in Potassium Potassium Potassium member, then go volunteer at a food bank. Until other members start celebrating me, I don't actually represent them.

Alt-right protestors were celebrating him, by chanting his name. That shows not just acceptance, but celebrating what he did. Those who claim to belong to a group, are not speaking for the group, until said group accepts them. That's why the both sides reply from Trump was so bad. It shouldn't be a problem to condemn the driver and those who support him... just like Trump and Obama did with your BLM example.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Pretty much, it's not a left vs right issue. It's more of a we do not want to associated with anything controversial like our sponsors and advertisers.
    And because someone is even thinking about saying such, it's not censorship, it's capitalism. Google can ban whatever they want, as long as they're willing to eat any losses incurred for doing so.