LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Obama didn't even order this wiretap. .
    Have some more Kool-Aid man.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Seeing as how I am responding to you completely misrepresenting them, your opinion doesn't surprise me. Although acknowledging what I am actually saying would be nice... I have about 50 min left in my lunch...
    What? about the fact that Trump put people from Goldman Sachs in the treasury department? Those people are the foremost experts on monetary policy, and how to actually deal with economic issues such as discount rates, and federal funds rates. I don't really see an issue with putting them in those positions, however people irrationally hate the wire houses and banks on wallstreet because they think they're "robbing them blind", which is a fallacy. But, in all honestly, i think no matter who Trump where doesnt really matter, because people will absolutely hate them no matter what.

Also, the occupy people were complete animals, they accomplished nothing but trashing NYC, and anywhere else they decide to squat for a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys do realize why Trump, who had no trouble making the claim, isn't saying the same Manafort nonsense? He, or most likely Kelly, realizes how stupid it would be to claim victory over the wiretapping claim, by admitting you hired someone who was under investigation for Russian dealings... before he was hired by Trump... As his surrogates, you can play along and make the claim. Because you can just ignore what you are admitting. Trump cannot... not if Kelly can stop him...

It's what Bannon would refer to as 'the second dumbest' thing a modern politician has done. Please, keep admitting that Trump willfully hired Manafort despite knowing he was tapped for his Russian dealings. It sure helps that whole Russian nothingburger...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    What? about the fact that Trump put people from Goldman Sachs in the treasury department? Those people are the foremost experts on monetary policy, and how to actually deal with economic issues such as discount rates, and federal funds rates. I don't really see an issue with putting them in those positions, however people irrationally hate the wire houses and banks on wallstreet because they think they're "robbing them blind", which is a fallacy. But, in all honestly, i think no matter who Trump where doesnt really matter, because people will absolutely hate them no matter what.

Also, the occupy people were complete animals, they accomplished nothing but trashing NYC, and anywhere else they decide to squat for a few weeks.
    Yes, people had absolutely nothing to complain about, as banks were getting bailed out and they were losing their jobs. Obviously it had nothing to do with over rating or repackaging of loans or predatory landing. They were upset at the wirehouses... you sure pegged those evil squatters down...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    You are the one asserting the conspiracy... you are using that wrong. You are supposed to call him a sheep for believing reality... just FYI... kook-aid only works if you are not the one claiming Obama did this in secret, but you know the truth. Get your meaningless rhetoric right...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I could not be more aware of this issue. But you seem to be unaware of the fact that some are being excluded from it, and they are all on the left (among politics pages). Google is very plainly exerting their own political ideology, via promotion of left leaning channels, and exempting them from demonetization rules. If it was truly all about appeasing ad buyers, they would ban ALL politics channels, as they divide customers in to two.
    I seem to be unaware because it doesn't seem to be happening. I already mentioned Sam Seder and gave reasons why TYT would be less impacted and less likely to complain by making a video about it (because they rarely if ever comment on youtube-meta stuff). Keep in mind as well that there are hundreds of right wing youtube channels since it's a really easy way to make money now and fewer left wing ones which could produce the misconception that the right are being disproportionately targetted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I seem to be unaware because it doesn't seem to be happening. I already mentioned Sam Seder and gave reasons why TYT would be less impacted and less likely to complain by making a video about it (because they rarely if ever comment on youtube-meta stuff). Keep in mind as well that there are hundreds of right wing youtube channels since it's a really easy way to make money now and fewer left wing ones which could produce the misconception that the right are being disproportionately targetted.
    Yes, obviously the right dominates YouTube. Everyone knows that. And it makes sense really, since most media is Liberal. This is their way to speak out.

Show me a right wing channel with even one video that hasn't be demonetized, and I will go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, you seem to be a good job drinking it all. Good on you for staying hydrated.

Show me a right wing channel with even one video that hasn't be demonetized, and I will go away.
    That's kind of a ridiculous standard since I've already said that youtube is aggressively demonetizing videos left and right. You'd be hard pushed to find any significant youtube channel that hasn't had at least one video demonetized. It's not confined to left/right or even necessarily politics. It's any video that isn't "advertiser friendly". Hell, this guy has had videos demonetized.

That's kind of a ridiculous standard since I've already said that youtube is aggressively demonetizing videos left and right. You'd be hard pushed to find any significant youtube channel that hasn't had at least one video demonetized. It's not confined to left/right or even necessarily politics. It's any video that isn't "advertiser friendly". Hell, this guy has had videos demonetized.
    You mistook my point, or you reversed it on purpose.

This is clearly NOT an advertiser issue. I mean, wouldn't say, the NRA want to run an ad on a right wing channel?

This is two things: One, YouTube is being political, and Two, YouTube is straight up stealing from content creators, in violation of their prior agreement. They are demonetized because Google wants to keep the money. Period. Notice YouTube never said they were making no ad revenue from the videos. There are still ads when you view them. YouTube is just stealing, plain and simple.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, people had absolutely nothing to complain about, as banks were getting bailed out and they were losing their jobs. Obviously it had nothing to do with over rating or repackaging of loans or predatory landing. They were upset at the wirehouses... you sure pegged those evil squatters down...
    You mean the predatory lending that was enabled and promoted by Bill Clinton? I mean, if the government sets a standard that low, do you really expect banks not to lend to people? The CMOs were considered safe because they figured people were buying the homes to live in, so a few defaults weren't a huge issue, however the big issue came in when a massive % of the people were flippers who couldn't afford 2-20 mortgages at once. When people started leaving the housing market in droves, that's when the landslide started. As for blaming the companies that made the CMOs, what did you expect them to do with them? The mortgage and lending banks were shitting out these mortgages at an insanely fast rate and selling them to the investment banks, the investment banks had to keep the economy going. Also, CMOs were AAA investments for decades before this happened, not something the evil man put together to insta fuck everyone. Also, what about the people borrow? not going to blame the people who took out mortgages the couldn't pay back? because that's ultimately where the blame lands, or you could even pawn it off on a shitty education system that doesn't teach anyone a thing about finance or economics. Even more on what you said, why would they be mad at the wire houses, aka the broker dealers, we didn't make any CMOs, the investment banks did, and we didn't give out the mortgages, the local banks did, we simply traded AAA securities that had decades of solid track records. I also hate the expression of "bailing out the big banks", if you let the major insurers and banks all go out of business, not only was the US fucked, but every single first world nation would have had catastrophic economic failure, the entire economy was on the verge of collapse.

Furthermore, the people in the occupy movement were the people who lost their jobs, they are the typical extremists on the left who fly in from all around the world to protest anything capitalistic.

10+ Year Old Account

This is clearly NOT an advertiser issue. I mean, wouldn't say, the NRA want to run an ad on a right wing channel?

This is two things: One, YouTube is being political, and Two, YouTube is straight up stealing from content creators, in violation of their prior agreement. They are demonetized because Google wants to keep the money. Period. Notice YouTube never said they were making no ad revenue from the videos. There are still ads when you view them. YouTube is just stealing, plain and simple.
    Gaming channels are being demonetized, it's not a left vs right issue, it's advertisers wanting to stay out of controversial stuff. Google is also within their full right to do this since it's a private business.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

This is clearly NOT an advertiser issue. I mean, wouldn't say, the NRA want to run an ad on a right wing channel? This doesn't make any sense. This is two things: One, YouTube is being political, and Two, YouTube is straight up stealing from content creators, in violation of their prior agreement. They are demonetized because Google wants to keep the money. Period.
    It's youtube's relationship with advertisers, not individual channels that's of concern to youtube. Youtube wants controversial stuff that could see advertisers abandon the platform to be taken down. The main problem is that they've automated the process so if a video is flagged it's rarely resolved by an actual human until it's appealed. They do this to improve their machine-learning aided automated process.

We’ve heard questions about why the monetization status is applied so quickly after upload (including with unlisted and private videos). This is because in the first few hours of a video upload we use machine learning to determine if a video meets our advertiser-friendly guidelines. This also applies to scheduled live streams, where our systems look at the title, description, thumbnail and tags even before the stream goes live. We know our system doesn’t always get it right, so if you see a yellow icon in your Video Manager and feel our automated systems made a mistake, please appeal. As noted above, an appeal gets sent to a human reviewer and their decisions help our systems get smarter over time. Deleting the video and re-uploading won't help.
    https://productforums.google.com/for...be/G-hcnZ1x0RM

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its also not only a problem that they're targeting anything anti-SJW, but the fact that google (alphabet corp) has a near complete monopoly on the internet (i sense anti-trust coming soon). They are literally able to control the content 99% of people see on the internet, and the fact that they prop up SJW content, and trend it, even if no ones watching, should be a huge concern to everyone.

It's youtube's relationship with advertisers, not individual channels that's of concern to youtube. Youtube wants controversial stuff that could see advertisers abandon the platform to be taken down. The main problem is that they've automated the process so if a video is flagged it's rarely resolved by an actual human until it's appealed. They do this to improve their machine-learning aided automated process.

https://productforums.google.com/for...be/G-hcnZ1x0RM
    But that simply is not true. If they were worried about politics being controversial, they would be demonetizing BOTH sides. Yet, they are not. In fact, they actively PROMOTE the most radical political channel on their platform, TYT.

Your notion that its just a bad algorithm is pretty ridiculous. I mean, this company (Google) is the greatest algorithm creator in the fucking world, is it not? They literally have algorithms to thank for all of their success. Yet, they can't distinguish between what is political, and what is not, while promoting a hard core leftist channel? What?

and the fact that they prop up SJW content, and trend it, even if no ones watching, should be a huge concern to everyone.
    What? /10whats

But that simply is not true. If they were worried about politics being controversial, they would be demonetizing BOTH sides. Yet, they are not. In fact, they actively PROMOTE the most radical political channel on their platform, TYT.

Your notion that its just a bad algorithm is pretty ridiculous. I mean, this company (Google) is the greatest algorithm creator in the fucking world, is it not?
    They're not worried about politics being controversial, they're worried about ANYTHING being controversial. I've already provided an example of a left wing channel being demonetized but again, it's not a left/right thing. I mean, this fishing hook video was demonetized.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-09-22 at 08:35 PM.

Made a small set of corrections to clarify. Point of fact, anyone doing business at Trump Tower is reasonably going to be in contact with Candidate Trump. Again intent here is the key point. What was the intent? The intent was likely in a roundabout and shifty way to gather intelligence on Donald Trump to the benefit of Hillary Clinton. Anyone claiming otherwise is just saying that because they don't give a damn about the rules except when they can benefit them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah yeah, Democrats will do anything to hold onto power. We know already man. We know.

Break California and Texas into 5 smaller states if your so confident the people are on your side. Then we'll talk.
    You mean like vote in a racist bigot orange?

What? /10whats
    He is right. TYT videos with ZERO views and ZERO likes immediately pop in to the trending page when uploaded. The go there directly upon upload.

- - - Updated - - -

Made a small set of corrections to clarify. Point of fact, anyone doing business at Trump Tower is reasonably going to be in contact with Candidate Trump. Again intent here is the key point. What was the intent? The intent was likely in a roundabout and shifty way to gather intelligence on Donald Trump to the benefit of Hillary Clinton. Anyone claiming otherwise is just saying that because they don't give a damn about the rules except when they can benefit them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah yeah, Democrats will do anything to hold onto power. We know already man. We know.

Break California and Texas into 5 smaller states if your so confident the people are on your side. Then we'll talk.
    You DO realize that would create no new congressmen, and 16 new Senators, right? Right....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Gaming channels are being demonetized, it's not a left vs right issue, it's advertisers wanting to stay out of controversial stuff. Google is also within their full right to do this since it's a private business.
    You may have missed my prior comments. I am fully aware of that. My point, is that the only group that seems to be except from this, is left leaning hate channels, like TYT.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    What? /10whats
    How many of Anita Sarkeesians videos have been demonetized? How many of TYT videos have been demonetized? its not a left vs right problem, I've been pretty adamant that its an SJW problem, and alphabet as a whole has gone full thought police on this subject. Look what they did to that engineer last month, that was an absolute disgrace. They're literally going out of their way to prop up this feminist SJW bullshit hats rampant these days.

- - - Updated - - -

You DO realize that would create no new congressmen, and 16 new Senators, right? Right...
    Hes talking about voting districts for national elections

How many of Anita Sarkeesians videos have been demonetized? How many of TYT videos have been demonetized? its not a left vs right problem, I've been pretty adamant that its an SJW problem, and alphabet as a whole has gone full thought police on this subject. Look what they did to that engineer last month, that was an absolute disgrace. They're literally going out of their way to prop up this feminist SJW bullshit hats rampant these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Hes talking about voting districts for national elections
    Either way, he still hasn't thought it through...at all.

He is right. TYT videos with ZERO views and ZERO likes immediately pop in to the trending page when uploaded. The go there directly upon upload.
    They have a rabid fanbase that would definitely have alerts set up. Youtube also doesn't immediately update it's view count/likes so it's pretty likely that tons of fans watch the videos but the view count isn't showing it.

I don't know, I don't care about Sarkeesian. And without being the channel owner I'd have no way of knowing unless the owners spoke out, something TYT is less likely to do because (for the third time now) they rarely if ever get involved with youtube-meta stuff and they make more money off their subscription model on their own website (where they upload videos sooner and have a wider range of content).

What? /10whats

They're not worried about politics being controversial, they're worried about ANYTHING being controversial. I've already provided an example of a left wing channel being demonetized but again, it's not a left/right thing. I mean, this fishing hook video was demonetized.
    What channel? I don't see where you said that, at least not to me.