Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    For some reason this thread feels 12 years old.
    I don't want to know anything about how you know what a 12 year old feels like.

On a more serious note. The problem is, the unofficial PvP service is broken. And what I mean is, back in the day if some lowbie got ganked, he'd get his higher level friends out to help, and the gankers would get their friends to help, and awesome WPvP would ensue. But WoW has, for the most part, lost this camaraderie, so instead a few bad apples just run around ganking lowbies and the lowbies have no other way to deal with it other than complaining on the forums or just logging out until the gankers go away. So the gankers are knocking, but nobody's home to come out and play.

If you wanna gank people that are at least close to your level, that's PvP. If you wanna go gank people who haven't even completed a single expansion's questline yet, you're a douchecanoe. It's one sided and that means someone isn't able to fight back. That's bullying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

On a more serious note. The problem is, the unofficial PvP service is broken. And what I mean is, back in the day if some lowbie got ganked, he'd get his higher level friends out to help, and the gankers would get their friends to help, and awesome WPvP would ensue. But WoW has, for the most part, lost this camaraderie, so instead a few bad apples just run around ganking lowbies and the lowbies have no other way to deal with it other than complaining on the forums or just logging out until the gankers go away. So the gankers are knocking, but nobody's home to come out and play.

If you wanna gank people that are at least close to your level, that's PvP. If you wanna go gank people who haven't even completed a single expansion's questline yet, you're a douchecanoe. It's one sided and that means someone isn't able to fight back. That's bullying.
    Agreed. Stranglethorn Vale was named Vietnam warzone of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    nah, 6mil pyroblasts tend to hurt even high geared tanks.
    pyroblast doesn't hit for anywhere near 6 million without some crazy buffs/debuffs going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cal87 View Post
    I assume your talking Greater Pyros? Afaik tanks can take plenty normal Pyros well i can DH and Blood and im sure there are plenty of better tank than me out there but if you do mean Greater then gl trying to cast rofl
    greater pyro would still take 3 casts, and a very long time to cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Only wpvp rewards I can think of are the bloody coin mushan and the marks of prey hawkstrider, and the latter can only be obtained in pvp and falcosaur areas.
    yah i know those are available, but they are restricted to just TI. thats not really WPvP.

WPvP is literally any zone at any time. this is what needs to be given its own currency and cosmetic rewards. the cost of those rewards need to be low, as this isnt another carrot on a stick for your main, its to promote alt play.

with the right rewards system and a few other minor limits, WPvP would flourish into something beyond spawn camping.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    That's the issue about being on a PVP realm, you sumbit yourself to everyone that spawn camps. Blizzard has repeatedly stated that it is entirely your choice to submit yourself to average player of the PvP crowd, that is why they choose not to tailor anything for the PvP crowd. The best thing you can do is not support PvP realms by moving to PvE realm. Complaining is counter productive since it was your choice to join a PvP realm in the first place.
    i would gladly but the best pve server is a pvp server too.... in germany at least. > https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/blackmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    i would gladly but the best pve server is a pvp server too.... in germany at least. > https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/blackmoore
    Best is subjective, especially when talking about the average player that you encounter which heavily depends on your playstyle and time of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    The only way you find killing a lowbie fun is if you have no idea how to actually handle yourself + are just a garbage tier player. There's no challenge it.. the challenge is rush.
    And you randomly assume people are doing it for the challenge?

I run a random heroic everyday, I can promise you that's not for a challenge. I, as well as most, can list many more things that don't fall under the category of "challenge".

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    ?????

...... okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Nah, you're a douchebag.
    And you're a whiner.

Which is worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post
    Starting or switching on a PVP server and afterwards COMPLAINING about PVP is like holding your balls into a cage of young and hungry kittens and complaining afterwards about being sterile. Sorry mate.
    When I originally rolled on my server population mix was around 50/50, maybe slightly favoring alliance. Now it's like 99-1. Then for some reason CRZ made it so I could get ganked by alliance from other realms as well. That and with WQ's, followers, and every spell cleaving you're basically forced into WPVP now.
    Last edited by harruin; 2017-09-22 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    yah i know those are available, but they are restricted to just TI. thats not really WPvP.

WPvP is literally any zone at any time. this is what needs to be given its own currency and cosmetic rewards. the cost of those rewards need to be low, as this isnt another carrot on a stick for your main, its to promote alt play.

with the right rewards system and a few other minor limits, WPvP would flourish into something beyond spawn camping.
    You can get bloody coins anywhere, actually. The Fire-Watcher's Oath works anywhere. Even on a pve realm you can gank other people of any faction in the ffa pvp areas, and if you ever see a flagged member of the other faction you can pop it, flag yourself, and attack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Sure you can quote poorly written rules and try to justify doing shitty stuff, doesn't change the fact that attacking people who can't defend themselves is shitty.
    they rolled on a pvp server they are supposed to be able to fight back. if you cant tough luck, dont roll a pvp server....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Choosing a pvp server because at the beginning there were no battlegrounds at all, some friends wanted to pvp anyway. So the only choice is to play without the friends or go on a pvp server. I think noone in the world is complaining about pvp on a pvp server, but ganking on pvp servers is not pvp. More likely it is group raping in a club, not dancing and drinking, to stick to your analogy.
    not silly, its still players vs players aka pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

not silly, its still players vs players aka pvp
    All that means is that the term "PvP" is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    they rolled on a pvp server they are supposed to be able to fight back. if you cant tough luck, dont roll a pvp server....
    Again I understand pvp is pvp I'm talking about camping and lowbie ganking. Don't be intentionally obtuse, just because the rules let you be a cunt doesn't mean you should be a cunt.

1v10 fight back

level 20 vs level 110 fight back

Tell me your strategies for winning in those scenarios

I always just assumed this was their version of running laps around SW or Dal...

Gankers are mostly people who are just too bad at the game to beat any other player by themselves,so they gank instead.
    It makes them forget how worthless they are,kinda sad really.

Though,the best thing is when they forget that they're trying to gank a lv 110 blood DK and they get torn apart
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2017-09-23 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    This might be the oldest rant in WoW tbh. and the solution is always the same: play on a pve server!

The act itself isn't so much the source of fun as reading the salty forum posts and whispers are. It's kinda like fishing, you cast and you cast, every one in a while you get a bite, and you get to sink your teeth into that sweet flesh of success.

Deleted
    Play on a PvE server if you can't handle it.

This is pure whine thread, threads like this one should be banned on the forums.

If you play on the PvP server - deal with the consequences. Ganking doesn't happen often, but it doesn't mean it won't happen at all.