Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Surfing is beautiful, too bad it will be something you do only once or twice
    Well at least its fun.

It seems like pokedex mons are ones missing from gen, but question is if this are all.
    Only 7 shown.
    So 20- 7 - 2 (new ubs) = 11 pokemon we still dont know (but it could be -1 on fusions)

So as for trials:
    Mina - Faily
    Ilima - Normal (could be repaced with some1 else)
    Lana - Water
    Kiawe - Fire
    Mallow - Grass
    Sophocles - Electric
    Acerola - Ghoust
    Guzma - Bug (since there is new evil team)
    Hala (grand trial) - Fighting
    That elite 4 flying memeber with a gold cub (the part of a golf-field could be a trial) - Flying
    Plumeria as trial captain - Poison
    Hapu as trial captain - Ground
    Olivia - Rock
    Molayne - Steel
    No idea, but one of the new enemy team could give it to you - Psychic
    New character - Ice
    The dragon guy from elite 4 as last champion - Dragon
    Nanu - Dark
    New type of z crystal for uber beasts only?

This is how i predict.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this:

Maybe we get it as secret breeding betwen torkal and turtonator.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Marketing for USM is finally shaping up. We've learned more about the games in the last two weeks than the entire 3 months prior.

No sign of the Festival Plaza yet which is a good sign. Here's hoping in this timeline it burned down in a freak Rare Kitchen grease fire. Or at least had an ounce of thought put into it with communication features being stripped from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So Mina finally has a trial.

Sun and Moon looking more and more rushed and incomplete every day.
    Have you seen the Game Informer interviews with GF? Ohmori mentions during one of them that he decided to to SM's trials so late in development, that he had to do almost all of them himself and the Art team couldn't make any new assets for trials. SM were definitely rushed.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

What the fuck is with the photo shit. Nobody asked for it a ff nobody is going to use it like the last time.

My god a fucking waste of time and I bet there will still be no end game
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I wouldn't mind the photo thing so much if A) screenshots didn't look like ass when they are saved to my system. They come out looking pixelated and are just an eye sore. And B) If you could make those screenshots your 3DS background. I'd actually be interested in making a cool looking menu with my Feraligatr by my character's side. Otherwise I just take a screenshot then never see it again until I delete it from my 3DS photos 2 years later.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    I wouldn't mind the photo thing so much if A) screenshots didn't look like ass when they are saved to my system. They come out looking pixelated and are just an eye sore. And B) If you could make those screenshots your 3DS background. I'd actually be interested in making a cool looking menu with my Feraligatr by my character's side. Otherwise I just take a screenshot then never see it again until I delete it from my 3DS photos 2 years later.
    Install Luma3DS

Take screenshots with the CFW

Take those screenshots and make your own theme

Profit

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What the fuck is with the photo shit. Nobody asked for it a ff nobody is going to use it like the last time.

That's a pretty solid bet. There hasn't been a proper endgame since BW2, which was over five years ago now. Although it's nice to have these little epilogue chapters, rewarding repeatable content that's easy to get into is always a plus. I don't understand why they've seemed to have forgotten that. Having the same Battle Maison thing be the only real endgame over and over and over for the past two generations and just isn't fun, and there really isn't a good way to level up your Pokemon either. What really hurts is the fact you need to get your Pokemon to 100 to use the Golden Bottle Caps. To me, it doesn't seem like it would take a whole lot of effort to just remake the endgame content from BW2. Even if they don't want to go through the effort of the Battle Frontier, they could at least give us a sort White Treehollow/Black Tower to make things easier on us in terms of leveling.

I'm not holding my breath for endgame stuff. I'm also super disappointed that Horde Battles were removed, because that was a great way to grind EVs really quickly. The fun of raising pokemon really suffered from the removal of some great QOL features from XY/ORAS. It just feels like a painful slog or just senseless waiting. That's not enjoyable in the slightest!

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account

Gotta appeal to the kiddies, despite every game up until Gen 5.5 not having such features and they worked brilliantly (I don't count Contests, because they worked brilliantly well, and Emerald still had post-game; while Musicals were a watered down version of Contests, and BW/2 had some decent post game).

--------------
    Feels odd that Hau and Gladion didn't get a new design/outfit for USUM (though Hau looks notably more serious in his artwork, for some reason?); while Lillie has her trainer outfit, and the Protagonists* have their new designs.

* However, they may or may not be Elio/Sun and Selene/Moon. In the latest Eng. tralier, someone calls the male protagonist 'Ray'.
    So we may be having new Protagonists, like how B2W2 had Nate and Rosa. And Ray fits the naming conventions (Sun Ray). Wonder what the girl trainer might be named? *thinking face*
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

It's gonna be funny when gen 8 comes out and alola forms will be the next mega evolution's. Forgotten. Pokemon has a weird history of decent improvements and leaving them to die.

It's gonna be funny when gen 8 comes out and alola forms will be the next mega evolution's. Forgotten. Pokemon has a weird history of decent improvements and leaving them to die.
    Yeah, although a lot of the improvements made between generations tend to show up in later ones, only to be forgotten again in the next games. Pokemon is really strangely inconsistent that way.

PM if you add me!

And regional variants make alot of sense an dhonestly should've been in the game from the start. Honestly the best thing that could happen to Pokemon would be to give it to Nintendo and let game freak go do something else.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanroc View Post
    I'm also super disappointed that Horde Battles were removed, because that was a great way to grind EVs really quickly. The fun of raising pokemon really suffered from the removal of some great QOL features from XY/ORAS. It just feels like a painful slog or just senseless waiting. That's not enjoyable in the slightest!
    EV training with alola call is piss easy: you only need 7 mons in total to max out a stat with 252, and due to Adrenaline Orb, it's 100% call chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    EV training with alola call is piss easy: you only need 7 mons in total to max out a stat with 252, and due to Adrenaline Orb, it's 100% call chance.
    Right, but I needed like four-five battles with like one aoe move total to wipe them out and no throwing out a bunch of items or having to worry about preserving the life of a pokemon if the call wasn't successful. Like, even if the call is guaranteed, they don't always even show up. Neither one was necessarily interesting or engaging, but one was much much simpler and less annoying to deal with. /shrug

It's more of a personal preference, which is why I said I was disappointed.

PM if you add me!

I'll be shocked if Gen 8 even has Mega Evolution anymore.

Alola forms will be completely dropped out in next gen.

i think they should keep regional forms. it gives regions more identity, but only if they expand it beyond gen 1 but gamefreak has been all about the genwunners lately
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'll be shocked if Gen 8 even has Mega Evolution anymore.

Alola forms will be completely dropped out in next gen.
    Oh yeah. I bet Z-moves will also be completely gone. Not that it would be particularly bothersome or surprising. I wonder what the next gimmick is gonna be?
    I bet the next thing big thing will be actual limit breaks with a gauge that builds over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think they should keep regional forms. it gives regions more identity, but only if they expand it beyond gen 1 but gamefreak has been all about the genwunners lately
    I'd love to see gen2 Alolan pokemon since we got a rerelease of G/S. There's so much potential in that.

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    No endgame:
    The strategy guide for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon recently got listed on various retailers in Japan. Within the description of the product, it confirmed multiple returning features. It confirms the expected that the Festival Plaza, Battle Royal, Battle Tree, Poké Finder and Poké Pelago features are to make a return in the games. It also lists how to get all the new moves, abilities & hold items, but doesn't clarify if they mean brand new or new to Alola.
    It also confirmed that this guide, released on December 6th, will include a Serial Code to obtain 2 Master Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    No endgame:
    The strategy guide for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon recently got listed on various retailers in Japan. Within the description of the product, it confirmed multiple returning features. It confirms the expected that the Festival Plaza, Battle Royal, Battle Tree, Poké Finder and Poké Pelago features are to make a return in the games. It also lists how to get all the new moves, abilities & hold items, but doesn't clarify if they mean brand new or new to Alola.
    It also confirmed that this guide, released on December 6th, will include a Serial Code to obtain 2 Master Balls
    Festival plaza was awful and added nothing important. Battle royal was terrible because the match ended as soon as someone lost, it should have been last man standing rules not this bull crap and battle tree is the standard battle mansion as always and I don't understand who would grind it out a second time after doing it on S/M

So all in all we got no end game again. USUM is literally just what S/M should have been in the first place. S/M was just a rushed piece of a hot mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's talk:

Do you folks have a non-fully evolved Pokemon/s that your prefer it's appearance over that of it's final stage?

e.g. I prefer Metang over Metagross. I like it's metal spikes on it's back and it's nose. While, when it turns into a Metagross, it looks like they took a Metang, took away it's spikes and levitation, and gave it 2 more arms and a big goofy mustache. At least they kind of returned to Metang when they designed it's Mega (spiked chin, levitation, spikes on it's sides like Metang had on it's back).

Same for Magmar. Try as I might, I just cannot bring myself to enjoy Magmortar's design. It went from a cool dragon duck thing with rumba sleeves, to a clown-duck-tank. No indication that it's arms would turn into cannons; while it's counterpart, Electivire, followed it's previous form's themes: huge forearms, ogre-like thing, electrical outlet design.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Braixen over Delphox any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deerling over Sawsbuck. One of i can think of.