Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've been pretty harsh on McCain lately, but I'm thrilled to read it. Now to just hope that Murkowski/Collins still hold out.
    McCain reminds me of Two Face, just because the coin came up heads this time doesn't mean he's not insane and a danger to himself and others.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    McCain reminds me of Two Face, just because the coin came up heads this time doesn't mean he's not insane and a danger to himself and others.
    Oh, I know, hence why I've been harsh on him (and his largely unearned "maverick" tag, when you actually look at his voting history). But I'll give credit where it's due.

I've been pretty harsh on McCain lately, but I'm thrilled to read it. Now to just hope that Murkowski/Collins still hold out.
    Given their vehement oppositions to every previous bill, I think it's a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Trump WH admits in private "we really aren't sure what the impact will be" and are just obsessed with passing something they can call "repeal and replace".

So clueless Trump doesn't care how many people he kills, it's all about how it looks.
    For once I wish someone could sneak some audio and video of Trump saying these things, kinda like how Mitt Romney got caught during the 2012 election making his 47% comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    John McCain is a no on Cassidy-Graham
    I...called that wrong. Wow. I did not see that coming.

Here is my apology tour:

OMG!!!!

John McCain is a no on Cassidy-Graham (and still lying about the extensive process the ACA took to passage, it was passed in 2010, not 2009 as McCain claims).
    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    “We should not be content to pass health care legislation on a party-line basis, as Democrats did when they rammed Obamacare through Congress in 2009. If we do so, our success could be as short-lived as theirs when the political winds shift, as they regularly do. The issue is too important, and too many lives are at risk, for us to leave the American people guessing from one election to the next whether and how they will acquire health insurance. A bill of this impact requires a bipartisan approach.
    Absolutely right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    For once I wish someone could sneak some audio and video of Trump saying these things, kinda like how Mitt Romney got caught during the 2012 election making his 47% comments.
    It's been a massive crackdown on leaks at the WH. What you're asking is very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's been a massive crackdown on leaks at the WH. What you're asking is very difficult.
    Oh I know. A man can dream though. It would make for some good political ammunition for later on during the next election if Trump runs again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    The McCain thing is huge, but let's not forget Rand Paul was first. The GOP sure didn't. That's why they tried to bribe and bully him. He made it loud and clear, that would not work.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He's dying - and doesn't want his legacy to be having passed a bill with the word "health" in it that actually kills people.

And I do hope the others hold out.

- - - Updated - - -

The McCain thing is huge, but let's not forget Rand Paul was first. The GOP sure didn't. That's why they tried to bribe and bully him. He made it loud and clear, that would not work.
    Agreed. Stop this dead in it's tracks.

Sept 30 is the deadline, right? Then 60 votes to pass similar legislation, correct?

Eh, I really doubt McCain's vote actually has to do with the bill itself. He basically repeated the same thing he made a big deal over on the first one:

Quote Originally Posted by John McCain
    I believe we could do better working together, Republicans and Democrats, and have not yet really tried.
    I think if exactly the same bill was presented but Democrats helped write it, he'd happily vote yes. He's just mad that Republicans keep trying to cut Democrats out of the process altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He's dying - and doesn't want his legacy to be having passed a bill with the word "health" in it that actually kills people.

And I do hope the others hold out.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Stop this dead in it's tracks.

Sept 30 is the deadline, right? Then 60 votes to pass similar legislation, correct?
    Having a death bill be the last legislature you helped get through isn't a great way of going out.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sept 30th is a Saturday on a Jewish holiday. It seems unlikely there will be Congress in session.

Also, don't forget, this bill can't be changed in the House. If it was, it'd have to come back to the Senate. There isn't time for 3 votes pre-30th.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sept 30th is a Saturday on a Jewish holiday. It seems unlikely there will be Congress in session.

Also, don't forget, this bill can't be changed in the House. If it was, it'd have to come back to the Senate. There isn't time for 3 votes pre-30th.
    I meant I thought there was some provision that said after the 30th (or other date) these kind of bills need 60 votes to pass. I could be thinking of something else (and I should know - my Poly Sci prof is rolling over in his grave atm).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Eh, I really doubt McCain's vote actually has to do with the bill itself. He basically repeated the same thing he made a big deal over on the first one:

I think if exactly the same bill was presented but Democrats helped write it, he'd happily vote yes. He's just mad that Republicans keep trying to cut Democrats out of the process altogether.
    But if Republicans allowed Democrats to help, they might actually have to GASP compromise and do something good for the poor people!
    Putin khuliyo

Well as stated Rand Paul is not voting YES since it does not do a straight repeal. Actually it does not shit on enough people like the last bill he did vote Yes. One of the most states benefit from ACA and its two Senators are driving forces to destroy it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I meant I thought there was some provision that said after the 30th (or other date) these kind of bills need 60 votes to pass. I could be thinking of something else (and I should know - my Poly Sci prof is rolling over in his grave atm).
    you're right. Its called reconciliation. I don't understand the specifics of it, but basically it allows them to pass a "revenue" neutral bill with only a simple majority. It would only be "revenue neutral" until the CBO can process it, which is why this last ditch effort wouldn't even be scored by the CBO before a vote, and it already has 49 Republican senators signed on to it. That really is telling as to how they are trying to do this. They're crooks that are trying to swindle the American people.

:edit:
    CBO= Congressional Budget Office. btw
    Last edited by Glnger; 2017-09-23 at 12:59 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Trump went out and rallied for that Strange guy, and of course, decided to...Trump. There's no other good word.

On topic, he took the gentlest of digs at McCain, but mostly went after the GOP, calling them out for not repealing and replacing when Obama was president. Called them out for voting 61 times when they knew Obama wouldn't sign it. Incidentally, if the House bill had been voted on -- they yanked it at the last minute -- and also, this new bill gets voted on, the GOP is proportionally working faster than they were under Obama. Plus, Trump appeared to miss the three votes in the Senate and the one in the House.

Trump also said he had a list of 10 GOP Senator "no" votes, and McCain wasn't one of them, so this was unexpected. What? More than half of the people on these forums expected it, and we didn't have a list of anyone. And who are those ten "no" votes? Only one I'd heard of that was a definite "no" was Paul.

Other items of interest:
    -- Trump said supporting Strange could be viewed as a mistake, but that he did it to show loyalty.
    -- Trump once again bragged about his Electoral College win
    -- Trump seemed almost proud of firing Bannon. Yes, Bannon caught that.
    -- Trump suggested he might fire Ben Carson. Carson endorsed Moore.
    -- Trump said he would back the winner, whoever it was -- that was actually big of him, but I don't think his base cared for it.
    -- Trump brought up Clinton, waited till the "lock her up" chant began, then blamed Sessions for it not happening
    -- Bannon said 2 days ago Trump was worried about crowd sizes and he was right. In addition to it being a small building and not selling out, Trump said the "fake news" wouldn't show the crowd as CNN was showing the crowd the literal moment he said it.
    -- Trump said the NFL should fire people who kneed during the anthem
    -- Trump actually took time, at a rally for someone else, to defend Melania's choice to wear heels heading to a flood disaster area.
    -- Trump told Strange “I think you’re going to come back and you’re going to kick everyone’s ass, and you’re going to be great,” while Strange is down 8 points and has basically no time to make it up.
    -- brought up the Russian investigation...for some reason...
    -- said Strange would drain the swamp. Breitbart is calling him a swamp creature. #WAR

So it's the equivalent of rushing a science project assignment while on the bus to school.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well Trump went out and rallied for that Strange guy, and of course, decided to...Trump. There's no other good word...
    Good lord that list. Trump goes out of his way to make people hate him. I wonder if I roll my eyes enough reading his comments, will I end up having broken ones like Sara Huckabee-Sanders?