Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What channel? I don't see where you said that, at least not to me.
    The Majority Report with Sam Seder. Mentioned in my initial reply to you (although I just said Sam Seder).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    They have a rabid fanbase that would definitely have alerts set up. Youtube also doesn't immediately update it's view count/likes so it's pretty likely that tons of fans watch the videos but the view count isn't showing it.
    Not really. Sometimes there are TYT videos in the trending feed that are quite old, and have very few views. Denying that Google actively promotes them is just silly. I don't see what you gain by carrying their water. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

The Majority Report with Sam Seder. Mentioned in my initial reply to you (although I just said Sam Seder).
    Never heard of him. I'm not saying fringe people saying odd stuff ought not to be demonetized. I'm saying they seem to be actively exempting left leaning channels from this bizarre cash grab, particularly TYT, who I find to be extremely controversial.

Not really. Sometimes there are TYT videos in the trending feed that are quite old, and have very few views. Denying that Google actively promotes them is just silly. I don't see what you gain by carrying their water. /shrug
    I'm not carrying water, I just don't buy into the victim narrative. At least not without evidence of it happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not carrying water, I just don't buy into the victim narrative. At least not without evidence of it happening.
    Clearly you're part of the Obama Left Wing Lizard Person Cabal!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Since when? You buy in to all sorts of victim groups all the time. The entire ideology of the modern American left, is built on the foundation of victim-hood.

Since when? You buy in to all sorts of victim groups all the time. The entire ideology of the modern American left, is built on the foundation of victim-hood.
    This isn't actually true. Generally we're finding people who are legitimately victims and trying to help them. Not inventing new ways we ourselves are persecuted.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Rukh summed up what I wanted to say way more eloquently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    This isn't actually true. Generally we're finding people who are legitimately victims and trying to help them. Not inventing new ways we ourselves are persecuted.
    The fact that you don't self apply the victim-hood, doesn't refute my point. Your ideology is built upon EVERYONE is victim, of some kind. If you add up all the people that the American left thinks are victims, there isn't anyone left. Literally everyone is a victim, to a Democrat. So, claiming to "not buy in to the victim narrative", while factually subscribing to the ideology that has victim-hood as it's foundation, is just...fucking weird, and self unaware on an epic level.

- - - Updated - - -

Rukh summed up what I wanted to say way more eloquently.
    Pity you can't speak for yourself, even when it's your own foot in your own mouth. I didn't find what he said to be particularly eloquent.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The BLM members were running from his gunshots, just like everyone else.
    And if any white supremacists would be in that group run over by car they would be running too.

They only share ideology/cause, not every thought and plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    And if any white supremacists would be in that group run over by car they would be running too.

They only share ideology/cause, not every thought and plan.
    Why would white supremacists be in the middle of a group of counter-protesters? I mean, are we supposed to entertain every fringe notion you come up with as if they're serious arguments?

Pity you can't speak for yourself, even when it's your own foot in your own mouth. I didn't find what he said to be particularly eloquent.
    Oh I can, I was just beaten to the punch. Not sure how my foot is in my mouth though. Maybe I should stop letting stuff like this slide;

He is right. TYT videos with ZERO views and ZERO likes immediately pop in to the trending page when uploaded. The go there directly upon upload.
    Sometimes there are TYT videos in the trending feed that are quite old

Oh I can, I was just beaten to the punch. Not sure how my foot is in my mouth though. Maybe I should stop letting stuff like this slide;
    Those two quotes stand alone. Both are true. There both new and old videos in the trending feed. What are you on about???

You put your foot in your mouth when saying you don't subscribe to victim-hood, while following an ideology that is built upon the concept of everyone is a victim.

The fact that you don't self apply the victim-hood, doesn't refute my point. Your ideology is built upon EVERYONE is victim, of some kind. If you add up all the people that the American left thinks are victims, there isn't anyone left. Literally everyone is a victim, to a Democrat. So, claiming to "not buy in to the victim narrative", while factually subscribing to the ideology that has victim-hood as it's foundation, is just...fucking weird, and self unaware on an epic level.
    The fact we don't self-apply victimhood literally refutes your point. Some people are actual victims. To deny that is ridiculous and so obviously false. You'd have to deny very basic aspects of history. What's more ridiculous is privileged people who decide to pretend they are victims. Won't someone think of the poor white male.

Regardless, I'm not going to continue this as it's pretty far off-topic. It was just such a wrong assertion.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2017-09-22 at 09:18 PM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Those two quotes stand alone. Both are true. There both new and old videos in the trending feed. What are you on about???
    Then why not mention it initially as "evidence" that youtube is favouring TYT (the only example you're willing to provide) and only mention it when your first point fell apart?

You put your foot in your mouth when saying you don't subscribe to victim-hood, while following an ideology that is built upon the concept of everyone is a victim.
    I disagree. I also wouldn't assume everybody you talk to on here is American. Anyway, why has this gotten so personal? I thought we were talking about Youtube (when we really should be talking about the wiretap).
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-09-22 at 09:25 PM.

Stop saying things you even know are wrong. Jesus christ. Go back to asserting that liberals hate white christian males. It obviously contradicts your point but I doubt you care.

Stop saying things you even know are wrong. Jesus christ. Go back to asserting that liberals hate white christian males. It obviously contradicts your point but I doubt you care.
    Who are you again? I wasn't even talking to you. You are just flaming me while making no point on the thread topic. Is that even allowed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    His sig is horribly outdated and wrong too.
    I have asked numerous posters to provide sources that my sig is wrong. So far nothing...

- - - Updated - - -

Then why not mention it initially as "evidence" that youtube is favouring TYT (the only example you're willing to provide) and only mention it when your first point fell apart?

I disagree. I also wouldn't assume everybody you talk to on here is American. Anyway, why has this gotten so personal? I thought we were talking about Youtube (when we really should be talking about the wiretap).
    I don't see what your beef is. What is the problem with me making two points, that are unrelated, yet point to the YouTube trending feed? I literally don't understand what your issue is.

Nothing has gotten personal. You just said something I found to be hilariously hypocritical, so I pointed it out. I'm sorry if I wounded your fragile ego by saying you put your foot in your mouth, but you kind of did. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

The fact we don't self-apply victimhood literally refutes your point. Some people are actual victims. To deny that is ridiculous and so obviously false. You'd have to deny very basic aspects of history. What's more ridiculous is privileged people who decide to pretend they are victims. Won't someone think of the poor white male.

Regardless, I'm not going to continue this as it's pretty far off-topic. It was just such a wrong assertion.
    Some people are actual victims, yes. We deal with them via the justice system. Perceived victim-hood, now that is a very different matter entirely.

Why are you bringing up white males? Am I a white male? Did you just assume my race and gender?

If you are making judgments based on race, you are factually engaging in bigotry.

This is a difficult concept for hardcore leftists to grasp, so I have developed an easy way to tell if you are being racist, or a bigot. Take your statement, and replace the race/group with a different one. Is it still racist? Is it still NOT racist? This how you can tell.

***Bigotry Test***

White Nationalist - That sounds pretty fucking racist to me. It has a race right there in the name.
    Black Nationalist - Yep, still totally fucking racist. It's still putting forth an ideology based in exclusion.

Black Lives Matter - Hrm, that has race in the name, but it's an approved race, so I'm not sure. I'll have to do the test then.
    White Lives Matter - Wow, that's pretty racist. I guess BLM is racist too.

This test will serve you well, and help you to figure out if you are being a bigot or not.

I don't see what your beef is. What is the problem with me making two points, that are unrelated, yet point to the YouTube trending feed? I literally don't understand what your issue is.
    The issue is that you're shifting the goalposts after your point is discredited and then claim others have their foot in their mouth. It's pretty funny.

Nothing has gotten personal.
    I'm sorry if I wounded your fragile ego
    Lol. I guess you've run out of arguments.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The issue is that you're shifting the goalposts after your point is discredited and then claim others have their foot in their mouth. It's pretty funny.

It is amazing how consistent his posting style can be. Amazing and amusing.

/in before victimhood and topic shifting begin

What was the point of this thread at the start? That people don't understand that Obama wasn't tapping the Trump campaign but merely the shady people who were under investigation before they were even hired for his campaign? Cracks me up.

Where have I done that (shifted goal posts), in any way? All I'm doing here, is telling you what I think. I don't have any goals I'm shooting at. I'm just telling you what I think. If you do not move to my side, after hearing my views, then that's fine. I'm ok with it.

Me pointing out that YOUR feelings are hurt, doesn't make ME the one that got personal. YOU got butt hurt, and that's when the feels showed up.

Where have I done that (shifted goal posts), in any way? All I'm doing here, is telling you what I think. I don't have any goals I'm shooting at. I'm just telling you what I think. If you do not move to my side, after hearing my views, then that's fine. I'm ok with it.
    The two quotes. Your "evidence" that Youtube favours TYT was that as soon as videos are uploaded, they go to trending. When I explained how viewcounts work you said "Yeah but old videos too" (which btw doesn't change how viewcounts work, old or new, if there's a sudden increase in views, they're not immediately considered legitimate, to prevent bots from artificially inflating views and likes)

Me pointing out that YOUR feelings are hurt, doesn't make ME the one that got personal. YOU got butt hurt, and that's when the feels showed up.
    Oh, I'm not offended, just bemused by your sudden reluctance to discuss what we were discussing, instead shifting to "You're a librul" and "You can't speak for yourself" and now "You're just upset because your ego is so fragile" "You're butthurt" etc.... The only reason I point it out is to highlight the fact you've abandoned the original discussion, not because I'm upset

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What was the point of this thread at the start? That people don't understand that Obama wasn't tapping the Trump campaign but merely the shady people who were under investigation before they were even hired for his campaign? Cracks me up.
    Yeah, it's gotten pretty off-topic. I'll stop responding since the conversation has devolved to the "you're butthurt" level.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-09-22 at 10:29 PM.