Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    ...you must not believe the opposite side has the good ideas to make the country prosper.
    Based off their Healthcare bills...nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    But that being said, both Dick Cheney and Joe Biden were given enormous portfolios, power and influence. Far beyond their predecessors. The Presidency had grown to the size that certain responsibilities are best divided by two people (dare I say, not dissimilar to how the position of Roman Emperor was split into two, then into four?)

It's unclear what Pence's power is at the present since the Donald Trump show only has one star.

But to be precise, all that power is what is delegated by the President. As a matter of law, the VP is relatively powerless.
    Hes the tie breaker in the senate. Given how diviided that body is im not sure id call the position relatively powerless. Pence has already been the deciding vote on some issues.

- - - Updated - - -

2027-2050 are dramatic dates. The Trump era will definitely be over before that, you must not believe the opposite side has the good ideas to make the country prosper.
    Given this election was largely void of policy discussion im not sire it matters who has good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It feels like your comment is missing a ring.
    I though it does have a nice ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Axios has reported on something that slipped through the cracks: Sean Spicer's notebooks. Apparently, he was repeatedly ridiculed for writing everything down at RNC meetings, in the Trump campaign, and at the White House -- possibly to write a book. As WaPo reported that Mueller wanted to interview Spicer, those notebooks would be fair game.

When asked for comment, Spicer threatened to call the cops. No, really.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Axios has reported on something that slipped through the cracks: Sean Spicer's notebooks. Apparently, he was repeatedly ridiculed for writing everything down at RNC meetings, in the Trump campaign, and at the White House -- possibly to write a book. As WaPo reported that Mueller wanted to interview Spicer, those notebooks would be fair game.

Fan-fucking-tastic. And lol re the cops.

Really can't wait to see when and how Mueller drops the hammer. Those guys are so fucking smart.

7+ Year Old Account

All I can do is laugh at his response. That seems a bit overboard to say the very least. Considering he's going on entertainment shows to admit that all he pretty much did was lie for the Donald, he should just turn over the notebooks without being asked at this point. No reason not to.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It feels like your comment is missing a ring.
    Lol, I think Mueller is wearing it.

2027-2050 are dramatic dates. The Trump era will definitely be over before that...
    Ye of little faith...

President Donald Trump (2017-2029)
    President Donald Trump Jr.(2029-2033)
    President Eric Trump (2033-2037)
    President Donald Trump (2037-2038) (non-viable clone)
    President Melanie Trump (2038-2039) (resigned)
    Presidant Ivanka Trump (2039-2044)
    Queen Ivanka (2044-2047) (deposed)
    Empress Tiffany the Usurper (2047-2063)

10+ Year Old Account
    This OP ED piece comes from a long-time Washington reporter and Edward R. Murrow (writing award) winner. He makes an interesting prediction based on his experiences.

I am perfectly aware of the fact that the investigation by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III of President Donald J. Trump has not been completed.
    No final report has been filed, and no indictments have yet been issued.

But after stating this, I have no doubt that Donald J. Trump will “do a Nixon.” By that, I mean, he will repeat what the former president did when it appeared that he would be either criminally charged or forced to leave office.

The Saturday night massacre took place when that era’s special prosecutor, Archibald Cox, was ready to take action against the incumbent president.

Nixon told then-Attorney General Elliot Richardson to fire Cox. Richardson refused and resigned.

Next in line was William Ruckelshaus, Richardson’s deputy attorney general. He refused and resigned, too.

Finally, Robert Bork, who was solicitor general and next in line, assumed the position of acting attorney general and did the dirty deed.

The New York Times reported on Tuesday that prosecutors have told former Trump campaign manager Paul J. Manafort that they plan to indict him. This planned indictment is based on phone taps placed on Manafort. These "intercepts" began even before Manafort was Trump's campaign manager.

In addition, in July, federal agents with a search warrant picked the lock on the front door of Manafort’s home and seized important documents.

Obviously, Mueller means business and is acting quickly and aggressively to put pressure on those he believes can provide essential information in his investigation.

Some observers have called Mueller's tactics "shock and awe."

Manafort will soon be confronted with a critical personal decision. Does he continue to proclaim his innocence and say he did nothing wrong, or does he tell all and incriminate Trump and others?

Manafort, I'm quite sure, does not want to go to prison. If the evidence is overwhelming and credible, and if he believes Mueller has “the goods on him,” he undoubtedly will take the only avenue which keeps him out of prison and keeps his life from being ruined.

Subpoenas are being issued, a grand jury has been impanelled, and witnesses are being called to appear. This "wide-ranging" investigation is definitely heating up and advancing.

One major, crucial point, however:

Trump has publicly said the Mueller investigation should just focus on his campaign.

Trump said in a New York Times interview that Mueller would be "overstepping his boundaries" if he investigated anything to do with his or his family's financial dealings that were unrelated to the campaign investigation.

That is exactly the rub.

I believe Trump knows that if Mueller goes into that area, he is in for real trouble. Not only might he have to leave office, but the embarrassing or possible criminal evidence could lead to the eventual demise of his financial well-being and empire.

Here is my central point.

Does anyone believe that, faced with such an impending doom, Trump would accept his fate? Would act differently than Nixon?

He believed Attorney General Jeff Sessions would end any investigation. When Sessions recused himself, Trump knew he didn't have a protector. He was banking on Sessions to put an end to all his troubles.

This is the same individual who fired FBI Director James Comey. Comey had just begun his investigation. In fact, in a meeting in the Oval Office, Trump stated that he did this to relieve "great pressure." He was referring to the Russia investigation.

Trump will not hesitate to instruct Mueller's supervisor, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, to fire Mueller. If Rosenstein refuses, as Elliot Richardson did, then Trump will go down the chain of command at the Justice Department until he finds someone who will. He will find another Robert Bork.

Donald Trump will defend this action by saying that Mueller was on a "fishing expedition" or a "witch hunt" and "overstepped his authority."

His base will wildly support him.

The country will face a constitutional crisis.

Do you think Trump cares or would be concerned?

Trump will not go quietly — will not give in or give up.

Let us all prepare for this scenario. It is not fantasy, and it will become a brutal reality.
    Archibald Cox was fired in the Saturday Night Massacre of Oct 20, 1973. Nixon resigned August 9, 1974.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This OP ED piece comes from a long-time Washington reporter and Edward R. Murrow (writing award) winner. He makes an interesting prediction based on his experiences.

Archibald Cox was fired in the Saturday Night Massacre of Oct 20, 1973. Nixon resigned August 9, 1974.
    It truly terrifies me how far down Trump will take this country to protect himself. We'll get him in the end, and I sincerely hope he will see jail time. Something in the back of my head tells me that he won't, and we'll be saluting the Republic of Gilead soon enough. O'Canada!

7+ Year Old Account

It's not that interesting. Hillary isn't going to be put into office regardless and the next in line for president would receive heavy criticism just as all presidents do.

It's not that interesting. Hillary isn't going to be put into office regardless and the next in line for president would receive heavy criticism just as all presidents do.
    Yeah then we'll just have to try go get that racist President impeached too, and then the next.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think you're the only person here who thinks Hillary is still a candidate for the Office of President. She lost - you need to move on and catch up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeah then we'll just have to try go get that racist President impeached too, and then the next.
    Of course every president should be under constant scrutiny. The marathon approach is healthy, rather than thinking every outcome is shocking and criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think you're the only person here who thinks Hillary is still a candidate for the Office of President. She lost - you need to move on and catch up.
    It would also help if Hillary could move on from it.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-09-22 at 10:48 PM.

But after stating this, I have no doubt that Donald J. Trump will “do a Nixon.” By that, I mean, he will repeat what the former president did when it appeared that he would be either criminally charged or forced to leave office.
    That part of the Op-ED I will agree with.

Honestly, Muller and the rest aren't stupid and is why I believe this part of the quote is true. They know the Deplorable fuckwits in this country will grab their rusty shotguns, slap on their worn-out Army Surplus cammo pants and begin to attempt to throw a government Jihad (pronounced "Yee-hawd!!!") the moment Dumbass Dump is arrested.

So I'm betting Muller and the rest are going to sit down with Orange Fuckface and present him with everything they have and basically offer him a deal: Go to prison, or bow out quitetly, gently and never talk politics again.

They'll offer that douchebag this deal just in the name of saving American Lives from the violent stupidity of the mongrel mouth breathing cretins who still support him and think everything is a conspiracy (including the Russia Scanda) against "True Americans" (Which usually translates to the person mentally placing themselves in the "True American" side, and placing everybody else on the other side).

That's exactly what people were saying was going to happen regarding the Comey hearing. I called bullshit then, I'm calling bullshit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalidor View Post
    That's exactly what people were saying was going to happen regarding the Comey hearing. I called bullshit then, I'm calling bullshit now.
    The smart people were saying "Another piece of straw to break his back one day."

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming subpoena.

Kushner used private email for White House work: report

Lawyer admits it, says it wasn't that bad. "But her emails!" now officially sarcastic use only.

Incoming subpoena.

Kushner used private email for White House work: report

Lawyer admits it, says it wasn't that bad. "But her emails!" now officially sarcastic use only.
    Irony Meter just exploded.

Also Episode II will be this week, now that my business trips are out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Ye of little faith...

President Donald Trump (2017-2029)
    President Donald Trump Jr.(2029-2033)
    President Eric Trump (2033-2037)
    President Donald Trump (2037-2038) (non-viable clone)
    President Melanie Trump (2038-2039) (resigned)
    Presidant Ivanka Trump (2039-2044)
    Queen Ivanka (2044-2047) (deposed)
    Empress Tiffany the Usurper (2047-2063)
    This is absolutely ridiculous.

Trump will have sold the US to Putin way before 2029.