Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/n...s-9-gb-w504975

Bethesda confirms "solid" 30 fps DOOM Switch, single-player and arcade mode fit on a 16 MB cart, 9 MB download for multiplayer.
    And people are still thinking it's ok that the Switch has 32GB. This literally takes up over 3/4 of the space. One entire game with Multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And people are still thinking it's ok that the Switch has 32GB. This literally takes up over 3/4 of the space. One entire game with Multiplayer.
    Easy solution: don't play multiplayer.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    Easy solution: don't play multiplayer.
    Except that just the game and arcade mode alone talk up literally half the internal storage, and even then the install size is stupid small compared to other platforms.

Still blows my mind that Nintendo went with such a pathetically small amount of internal storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except that just the game and arcade mode alone talk up literally half the internal storage, and even then the install size is stupid small compared to other platforms.

Still blows my mind that Nintendo went with such a pathetically small amount of internal storage.
    Second easy solution: get the card. Then nothing goes onto the system.

GOD YOU PEOPLE JUST DONT GET IT

Second easy solution: get the card. Then nothing goes onto the system.

Third easy solution. Nintendo should get with the times on internal storage. 32GB is measly even for Internal Flash.

GOD YOU PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT!

Oh I get it.......

I know what your doing here.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Third easy solution. Nintendo should get with the times on internal storage. 32GB is measly even for Flash.

GOD YOU PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT!
    No. Nintendo is visionary. Their choice in memory, much like their design of the Wii U, is superb and without flaw.

nintendo was never big on the tech nor the memory ok its all about innovation and new shit fuck all ur basic who needs memory anyway ffs

To be fair there are 256gb drives these days. Don't understand why Nintendo went for 32GB and I refuse to believe production costs or price of the console would have been affected that badly.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Nintendo is visionary. Their choice in memory, much like their design of the Wii U, is superb and without flaw.

nintendo was never big on the tech nor the memory ok its all about innovation and new shit fuck all ur basic who needs memory anyway ffs
    Yeah took me like 5 seconds to get the sarcasm

I'm getting old.

To be fair there are 256gb drives these days. Don't understand why Nintendo went for 32GB and I refuse to believe production costs or price of the console would have been affected that badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah took me like 5 seconds to get the sarcasm

I'm getting old.
    I'm getting bored, hence why I felt the need to humor myself. Unlike some though, I won't call you out because you couldn't detect sarcasm over the internet.

To be honest? There is a small part of me regretting getting the Switch but I have a feeling that's a fleeting sensation. I tend to suffer from some rather manic mood swings so kind of hard to know what something will actually stick around.

Like, by itself, it's not a bad purchase but I chose it over the other two consoles and feel like that might've been a bad call for me.

I'm getting bored, hence why I felt the need to humor myself. Unlike some though, I won't call you out because you couldn't detect sarcasm over the internet.

To be honest? There is a small part of me regretting getting the Switch but I have a feeling that's a fleeting sensation. I tend to suffer from some rather manic mood swings so kind of hard to know what something will actually stick around.
    Meh I'll call myself out for that dw. Mostly tired and I barely get sleep these days due to health and stuff.

I regretted it right after. All I got was Zelda and I'm not buying the same games I already own again. As for Mario I never cared for it. Luckily the store I go to is more a local family one so owner gave me a full refund since we know each other well.

To be honest? There is a small part of me regretting getting the Switch but I have a feeling that's a fleeting sensation.
    Sadly for me the feeling wasn't fleeting and its why I sold my Switch. Got tired of Beta testing the system and I figured ill just sell it and wait a year. After a year more then enough games will be out and most of the issues resolved.

Wouldn't surprise me if next year they release a Switch with bigger storage as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Meh I'll call myself out for that dw. Mostly tired and I barely get sleep these days due to health and stuff.

I regretted it right after. All I got was Zelda and I'm not buying the same games I already own again. As for Mario I never cared for it.
    Well, I'm still enjoying my games though Zelda is rapidly wearing me down. I think it's way over-hyped for essentially a crossover between virtual Cross-country and Where's Waldo. It's becoming a tedious chore in the sense that I felt like I had seen everything that there was to see within the first hour.

...and the story simply can't keep me interested enough to make up for that. It's super simple and comes in bits and pieces.

That being said, the other games are stuff I have to be in the mood for. They're not games I typically veg out on for too long at a given time. Where as if I was on the PS4 or Xbox One I'd have a good deal of games I would really get into and I don't care what anyone fucking says, the lack of achievements, really hurts my inner completionist. It simply can't be overlooked for me. >:

Like I am legit a shrimp out of water, gradually drying out without them. The addiction is real.

Well, I'm still enjoying my games though Zelda is rapidly wearing me down. I think it's way over-hyped for essentially a crossover between virtual Cross-country and Where's Waldo. It's becoming a tedious chore where I felt like I saw everything that there was to see within the first hour.

That being said, the other games are stuff I have to be in the mood for. They're not games I typically veg out on for too long at a given time. Where as if I was on the PS4 or Xbox One I'd have a good deal of games I would really get into and I don't care what anyone fucking says, the lack of achievements, really hurts my inner completionist. It simply can't be overlooked for me. >:
    Oh I do get the achievements thing but I just think Nintendo have a lot more to fix. I mean devs could just bring their own in with the Switch but I imagine for the majority it's just too much hassle.

Oh I do get the achievements thing but I just think Nintendo have a lot more to fix. I mean devs could just bring their own in with the Switch but I imagine for the majority it's just too much hassle.
    Well, the whole point of an overarching achievement system is so you have something that keeps track of EVERYTHING you do and something your friends can look at as well. YES, I have plenty of times stopped what I was doing and seen the progression of my friends and sort of got into this cold war with them without their knowing. It's what I do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sadly for me the feeling wasn't fleeting and its why I sold my Switch. Got tired of Beta testing the system and I figured ill just sell it and wait a year. After a year more then enough games will be out and most of the issues resolved.

Wouldn't surprise me if next year they release a Switch with bigger storage as well.
    Wouldn't be shocked.

The problem is, I'm in between paychecks for like the next couple of weeks and when I do get paid again I need to get me a new phone super bad. Have a basic flip, wanting to upgrade to an Honor x6 so I'll have something actually up with the times.

So if I was to go trade it in at GS (which nets me 200 so that's not bad) in total I'd only get roughly 300. Which doesn't really get you anything! PS4 Pro alone costs another hundred before taxes. Don't even have any games yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Actually I have a pretty basic case.
    https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-sw...el-case/141876

That one specifically.
    Should have gotten the backpack clearly though.

Tempered glass doesn't protect the back of the switch from getting scratches! Or the joycons.
    that doesnt damage my switch that just gives it personality and so far ive gotten very few scratches on the back besides some small surface ones since theres nothing else in my shirt pocket and my joy cons are in perfect condition (aside from the one thats under my house)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that doesnt damage my switch that just gives it personality and so far ive gotten very few scratches on the back besides some small surface ones since theres nothing else in my shirt pocket and my joy cons are in perfect condition (aside from the one thats under my house)
    If you saw my face right now, you would see the sheer horror.

I mean, I freak out with the tiniest scratch to my systems/phones...

Wouldn't be shocked.

The problem is, I'm in between paychecks for like the next couple of weeks and when I do get paid again I need to get me a new phone super bad. Have a basic flip, wanting to upgrade to an Honor x6 so I'll have something actually up with the times.

So if I was to go trade it in at GS (which nets me 200 so that's not bad) in total I'd only get roughly 300. Which doesn't really get you anything! PS4 Pro alone costs another hundred before taxes. Don't even have any games yet!
    Could get a Base PS4 for $250 and there is always one bundled with a game. I love my pro but nothing wrong with the base version at all.

Could get a Base PS4 for $250 and there is always one bundled with a game. I love my pro but nothing wrong with the base version at all.
    There is when the damn thing sounds like a fighter jet with a simple game like F1 2017

Seriously that game alone and the whole thing sounds like it's going to take off.

Yeah but that's silly. Better to just wait. Plus the Xbox One X (god I hate that name) is around the corner too.

There is when the damn thing sounds like a fighter jet with a simple game like F1 2017

Seriously that game alone and the whole thing sounds like it's going to take off.
    The PS4 Pro can have moments like that as well, It just depends how demanding the game is. I got Sniper Elite 4 for my PS4 Pro and finally played it today. Its a demanding game and the first one I had that made the system do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but that's silly. Better to just wait. Plus the Xbox One X (god I hate that name) is around the corner too.
    I don't recommend a XBOX but whatever floats everyone's boat

But ya like I said early'er I really started to have buyer's remorse after I got my Switch. The more I hear about games needing X space and have to download X amount, Makes me happy I sold mine and said fuck it.