Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    AMG you are going to trigger them all. The feels is what matters to them, more than any facts, context, or jokes.
    It's almost like political correctness doesn't want any joy.

I saw something not too long ago about comedians being increasingly concerned about their careers because everything was becoming PC. Can't make a joke when some fishfaced overly offended twat demands the world to cater to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    As a woman I've used the term "rape" numerous times when playing games.

They weren't exactly joking about raping women, they were joking about raping the other school in Football.
    Yeah, I mean - they're dumb, but it's hardly "rape culture" or any kind of threat.

Unfunny and stupid. Give them a yelling-at but not much more.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    It's almost like political correctness doesn't want any joy.

I saw something not too long ago about comedians being increasingly concerned about their careers because everything was becoming PC. Can't make a joke when some fishfaced overly offended twat demands the world to cater to them.
    Pretty much. It's also usually heavily based in attention whoring also. "Look how outraged I am! I am so morally superior! Why are you not looking at me?!?!?!"

It's the worst at college campuses. Most comedians won't even perform on campus anymore, due to the triggering and riots.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I remember a time when rape was a common word to describe decimating your opponent. Very common in online games. It seems that context was their intention here.
    Well, it going to get worse... due to recent events, "Own" and "Owned" ll be most likely be next, because owning somebody in the video game is obviously white supremacy oppression.
    Last edited by Sakki; 2017-09-21 at 03:39 PM.

They spelled out a bunch of words, they were playing "scrabble" with the letters they had available. It's clearly a joke, and whether you like it or not, it's a common term and has been for quite some time. Sure, it's a bit tasteless, but they're high-schoolers, you remember that edgy age?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakki View Post
    Well, it going to get worse... due to recent events, "Own" and "Owned" ll be most likely be next...
    It will never end, until they ban every noun and verb.

Perhaps the movie Demolition rly do depict the future.

Only in 2017 can four boys standing next to each other be called an "incident".
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A little distasteful to paint it on their chest, but I don't think it deserves the backlash it's getting. I've heard people say they're going to "rape" the other team. No one was actually going to insert a penis in anyone against their will. It's just being cheeky (going to dominate you).
    They were likely part of a longer word but branched off later to poke fun at the other team.

They actually used the word correctly in this context, too. But apparently many people think rape only means forcing a penis in a vagina(which is dumb because females can rape males and males can rape other males).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

2017: where asking people not to be complete assholes is seen as a bad thing.

Normalization of garbage behavior continues from the usual diarrhea people.

7+ Year Old Account
    No "joke" is "inappropriate". It's the context that makes it so. Society is not a support group.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    2017: where asking people not to be complete assholes is seen as a bad thing.

Normalization of garbage behavior continues from the usual diarrhea people.
    There have always been and always will be "assholes". Teenagers acting like complete dick bags is normal. You know what's not? Coddling those that are easily offended.

Who would of thought they would loose their tits over over a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    It's a joke not a dick , don't take it so hard
    Thread winner right here; so much faux outrage over stupid shit.

a rape joke in the middle of a breast cancer awareness game is sickening behavior. There are no two ways about this. By itself its irrelevant but the context and situation in which it was delivered is what makes it messed up.

People complain about "oh its 2017, people are so sensitive" have it the other way around. Blatent shit like this would have been slammed hard back in the day but these days its defended and normalized.

It's a level of tactlessness that has taken away from the purpose of the event. Basic sense points out there is a time and place for everything. Save it for the parties. Not a charity event.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-09-22 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    a rape joke in the middle of a breast cancer awareness game is sickening behavior. There are no two ways about this. By itself its irrelevant but the context and situation in which it was delivered is what makes it messed up.

People complain about "oh its 2017, people are so sensitive" have it the other way around. Blatent shit like this would have been slammed hard back in the day but these days its defended and normalized.

It's a level of tactlessness that has taken away from the purpose of the event. Basic sense points out there is a time and place for everything. Save it for the parties. Not a charity event.
    Tactless, yeah, totally. That doesn't justify any action against them though.

Some people need to get a life. Its a joke from high schoolers. Im sure the same fools who would crucify them for a bad joke are the same that argueteenagers who commit violent crimes shouldnt be punished severely because their brains arent fully developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalidor View Post
    Tactless, yeah, totally. That doesn't justify any action against them though.
    What? While I'm not saying they need to be punished, I wouldn't feel bad if they were. And the school would have been in the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    What? While I'm not saying they need to be punished, I wouldn't feel bad if they were. And the school would have been in the right.
    Which is you passively-aggressively endorsing punishment for them, because if you didn't care about it, you wouldn't mention it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably grounds for disciplinary action by the school.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Which is you passively-aggressively endorsing punishment for them, because if you didn't care about it, you wouldn't mention it.
    Miss me with your bullshit. Also lol@ your 1min reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.