Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then you should probably split with them.

Not trying to be an ass but I have friends who spam me sometimes in WoW. I tell them I just want to be on my own tonight and they completely understand. They are sometimes miffed because they did want to play with me but if you have to actively hide from them then that's not what a friend is imo.
    Yeah one guy on bnet I had was very persistent so I removed him, he was a guild officer. I tried to be nice, but it didn't work out in the long run. Of course I got kicked from the guild. Haha, but sometimes I just don't really wanna talk to anyone just do quests, so the feature itself is nice.

If you have specific friends you need to hide from then maybe they shouldn't be on that list in the first place?
    I take it you don't have any co-workers on your btag list and never called in sick or played hooky.

When will the staff of Mmo-champion understand that its not only Americans that visit there site? U should always write out the times for the other major timezones not only american timezones.
    Anyone knows the times for this upcoming event in CET?

10+ Year Old Account

I pray that we're able to use the emojis in game chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I take it you've never been an officer in a guild and just wanted to login on an alt now and then and play the game without being bothered by guild business. If you're online then you're available, that's how it is unfortunately.
    Yes I have. And even guildies have understood if I wanted to be alone. We had respect for others in our guild and if they were in a mood or wanted to be alone we would always say if they needed to talk we are here or at least try to find what the issue was. If they didn't want to talk about it and just chill then we were ok with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yot View Post
    I take it you don't have any co-workers on your btag list and never called in sick or played hooky.
    Nope. When I wanted time off work I would book it. My co-workers always know I've booked time off for a video game. If I call in sick then I am sick.

The only time I book off as well is the amount I'm allowed.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-23 at 01:59 AM.

Think we'll get this feature a lot sooner than later, it appears they've enabled offline messaging now (so you can send messages to offline people and they'll see them next time they're on) and that's the first step, otherwise you could just send someone a message to see if they were online or not. Didn't see it mentioned in the front page post either.

If you have specific friends you need to hide from then maybe they shouldn't be on that list in the first place?
    I dont get that either, just unfriend or block them?

Tyrannical
    Tyrannical
    Fortified
    Fortified
    Teeming

holy jesus

Quote Originally Posted by shanaynae View Post
    jup, yet again completely ignoring what players are experiencing. The cruscible system sucks donkey balls in it's current form. Take a wrong turn on the extra trait on a freshly high TF relic does not feel very nice at all. They say it's not the same as reforging and that's incorrect, it's a simplified and worse system.
    Complaining about it doesn't help them fix it, constructive criticism and ideas will help.....and really I would rather have the RNG than have no new upgrades, at least they are trying something new and giving us a way to get an upgrade to our relics, they could have just done nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MWhite View Post
    Complaining about it doesn't help them fix it, constructive criticism and ideas will help.....and really I would rather have the RNG than have no new upgrades, at least they are trying something new and giving us a way to get an upgrade to our relics, they could have just done nothing.
    They've had constructive criticism and more or less ignored it in favor of defending the current system.

Saying "well we think relics binding on inspection is fine because the raid hearthing out would be annoying, it's the lesser of two evils!" is either playing dumb to avoid having to deal with real criticism, or idiocy on such a level you shouldn't be designing a game when the obvious solution is for the relic traits to be visible ON the relic from the get-go without needing to hearth to the crucible.

Likewise with "We're worried players would constantly respec for the fight", how is that somehow worse than players potentially making a dreadful mistake by clicking the wrong talent that not only punishes them but also punishes their fellow raiders when they need to soak up another relic to replace their mistake - just slap an AP cost on the respec that makes doing so on a fight to fight basis too costly, but replacing a bad mistake possible if you put in your own time and effort re-grinding AP.

I hate the developers feigned idiocy more than the crucible system itself, there's no way they're this blind to obvious alternative solutions after designing the game for so long and having over a decade of prior systems and how the playerbase has interacted with them to compare - instead of defending their current implementation vs obvious alternatives they seem to pick out silly strawmen implementations to attack instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    They've had constructive criticism and more or less ignored it in favor of defending the current system.

Saying "well we think relics binding on inspection is fine because the raid hearthing out would be annoying, it's the lesser of two evils!" is either playing dumb to avoid having to deal with real criticism, or idiocy on such a level you shouldn't be designing a game when the obvious solution is for the relic traits to be visible ON the relic from the get-go without needing to hearth to the crucible.
    That still leaves you with unwanted trade the relic to every player in the raid that can use it to see if they get their best in slot traits.

Might be your obvious solution is not as solid as you thought?

10+ Year Old Account
    "We've read your feedback regarding the Netherlight Crucible, but we still prefer shoving up RNG down your throat so deal with it and quit whining."

At least they've read the feedback, something a lot of us were sceptic about wheather they do or not.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I never understood the difference between smileys and emoji... they look the same to me, at least if you are talking about image smileys.. isn't all just pictures that depict a state of mind or expression..

That said, I don't understand the current hype for Discord either... I tested it and it looks like a modern version of IRC channels...

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Don't understand people's fascination with it... i have almost a full list, 75% are active in multiple games, and no one ever bothers me. If people have that clingy of friends maybe they need to re-evaluate their friendships and not wait for blizz to solve their problem for them.

Plus, it would only make it easier for people stealing accounts, we've informed people earlier then they would have known that their account was compromised JUST because we could see it on when we knew they couldn't be.
    some people want it, some people don't. Each having their own reasons for it so seeing how quite some people want it the option should at least be there for them instead of just forcing each and every one of them to re-evaluate their friendships. especially since the feature was promised to us years ago already but instead we get emoji

Deleted
    Putting aside concerns about botting, I'm pretty sure people who are vehemently against Appear Offline are, in fact, the friends people want to appear offline to.

Deleted
    Gotta love Blizzard.

The Crucible statement reworded:
    "We have heard your valuable feedback. We think differently and of course know better than you petty players. But please continue to give feedback!"

Blizzard has finally adopted Valve Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    adding functions that assist stalkers would be a bad thing i hope blizzard never do it
    Stalkers? Do you really think you are so important that you think people stalk you? HAHA

Or you could just do it like steam which hides your friends list when you are appearing offline, or just remove the completely fabricated "stalkers" from your friendslist. TBH the only people against said features are the people most of us want to hide from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Must be shitty you need to lie and hide from your friends, if you have any that is, sounds pretty terrible.
    You realize that you're probably one of those people we want to hide from if you don't understand the issue, right?

Sometimes you have people who you like on your friends list but they don't exactly understand boundaries and that I might want to just do some pet battles or dailies without being asked to do things. I get tired of saying no every day to them without wanting to removed them from my friendslist and completely burn a bridge.

It's his mother.... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Gotta love Blizzard.

The Crucible statement reworded:
    "We have heard your valuable feedback. We think differently and of course know better than you petty players. But please continue to give feedback!"
    not really - it was more of "its a problem concerning 1-3 % of players so who the f.. cares about those nolifing basement dwellers when rest of community is basing everything on highest itlv anyway "