Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The PS4 Pro can have moments like that as well, It just depends how demanding the game is. I got Sniper Elite 4 for my PS4 Pro and finally played it today. Its a demanding game and the first one I had that made the system do that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't recommend a XBOX but whatever floats everyone's boat

But ya like I said early'er I really started to have buyer's remorse after I got my Switch. The more I hear about games needing X space and have to download X amount, Makes me happy I sold mine and said fuck it.
    So far memory is not an issue for me nor does it look to be in the near future.

Like I said, I just miss achievements and having more meaty games that kept my attention better. As a compliment to an existing setup, the Switch is great and brings something unique to the table. By itself? I'm struggling to even get the desire to play at all.

Zelda didn't help. That has really hurt my enthusiasm. >:
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    So far memory is not an issue for me nor does it look to be in the near future.

Like I said, I just miss achievements and having more meaty games that kept my attention better. As a compliment to an existing setup, the Switch is great and brings something unique to the table. By itself? I'm struggling to even get the desire to play at all.
    Ya the Switch does make a good 2nd system, I don't see it being anyone's main system. I do agree it needs a achievement system like Steam,PS,XB. Its so dumb that it doesn't have one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

As someone who played Breath of the Wild I just have this to say. Great game, looks pretty but my god it gets boring after a while.

Nowhere near the best Zelda game. For me that would be Majoras. Best portable one would be Phantom Hourglass imo.

Ya the Switch does make a good 2nd system, I don't see it being anyone's main system. I do agree it needs a achievement system like Steam,PS,XB. Its so dumb that it doesn't have one.
    As a diehard Nintendo fan, agreed 100%.

For the last 3 generations, for consoles, Nintendo has been a solid 2nd system, not primary though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    There is when the damn thing sounds like a fighter jet with a simple game like F1 2017

Seriously that game alone and the whole thing sounds like it's going to take off.
    The PS4 Slim is quiet as hell. First thing I noticed when I bought it for the kid is the damn thing is whisper quiet compared to my launch PS4 which sounds like the Mars mission taking off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

For the last 3 generations, for consoles, Nintendo has been a solid 2nd system, not primary though.
    This I can agree on.

MY 3DS even though it was a portable did feel like a second system to chill on. As did my Wii U.

http://personacentral.com/shin-megam...tober-23-2017/

More news on the Shin Megami Tensei game coming to the Switch during the 25th anniversary concert on October 23rd.

If you saw my face right now, you would see the sheer horror.

I mean, I freak out with the tiniest scratch to my systems/phones...
    To be fair, replacing the shell on Switch and JoyCons isn't too hard.

Screen is the hard part and as long as it is protected, Switch should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As someone who played Breath of the Wild I just have this to say. Great game, looks pretty but my god it gets boring after a while.

Nowhere near the best Zelda game. For me that would be Majoras. Best portable one would be Phantom Hourglass imo.
    BotW is exactly what i thought it would be when we saw the first gameplay. My exact reaction to link sneaking around a hill, getting out a scope and marking a camp of badguys was "boy this looks a LOT like MGSV, i hope its not another hollow sandbox like that" and when i started playing it was good but then "MEGAMAN,MEGAMAN THE BLOOD MOONS ON THE RISE!" and woooop, world reset!

It made everything bar the Tarry Town questline feel like it lacks permanence and part of Zelda is usually changing something over the course of the game directly based on things in your control. Be it travelling through time, changing the seasons, the weather or whathaveyou. BotW feels exactly like MGSV like i expected. Fun bursts of gameplay with a whole lot of 'i wish there was more story' or 'i wish this area that looks like a set piece was used for anything' inbetween just like MGSV.

It is a fun launch title that shows they aren't afraid to experiment. But it feels like they were going for a Shadow of the Colossus vibe involving huge creatures and this overwhelming feeling of melancholy and loss. But Shadow does that with around a dozen enemies on the entire map and the rest is pure ambience and it is a classic. BotW is not a classic. It just feels like another example gaming historians will look back on as 'devs jumping on the open world meme' like so many games in the last 2 years because open world by and large means large flat areas you can copy paste the same assetts on repeat to allow for smaller file sizes and faster development.

I put 100 hours into it and do plan to finish Master Mode someday but it just feels a bit tainted by a back of your mind feeling that it was made to follow current market trends first and be a game for zelda fans second. So for my money Wind Waker, Links Awakening and Oracle of Seasons/Ages remain my favourites and BotW remains another in an ongoing series of 'alright but its never going to be my go to replay for the IP game' zelda games.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point its my 3DS replacement. I take it round my friends who also own one and we play games like mario kart, arms or splatoon together along with all the neogeo and puyopop style games. If i want to sit on my ass and deep dive into a game for hours on end its going to be on my PS4.

Almost bought a switch last night. But it was a splatoon bundle and was $20 more than just buying the game and system separate. After reading this page though I'm glad I didn't buy it even more.

ah i see were moving into the 2nd phase of the zelda cycle

- - - Updated - - -

took alot longer than it usually does

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Almost bought a switch last night. But it was a splatoon bundle and was $20 more than just buying the game and system separate. After reading this page though I'm glad I didn't buy it even more.
    i dont see how this page made you glad you didnt buy a switch when theyre all talking about zelda unless zelda and splatoon are literally the only reason you wanted to buy it in the first place and even then this happens to every zelda game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ah i see were moving into the 2nd phase of the zelda cycle

- - - Updated - - -

took alot longer than it usually does

- - - Updated - - -

i dont see how this page made you glad you didnt buy a switch when theyre all talking about zelda unless zelda and splatoon are literally the only reason you wanted to buy it in the first place and even then this happens to every zelda game
    And we see you are here again playing Damage control like usual.

Is there any reason right now to buy a Switch outside of Zelda, Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario Xcom?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

And we see you are here again playing Damage control like usual.

Is there any reason right now to buy a Switch outside of Zelda, Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario Xcom?
    why would you even put arms in there? nobody should buy arms.

mario odyssey comes out next month, splatoon and zelda would last him plenty to marios release

also the zelda cycle is real. this forum, reddit, pretty much everywhere since botw got announced youve seen people talking about how much they loved skyward sword, and when skyward sword came out everyone was talking about how they loved twilight princess, and when twilight princess came out how much they loved wind waker.

this is a real thing that happens with every zelda game

zelda game gets announced/released everyone loves it at first, some time goes by all of a sudden everyone hates the current game and loves the past games, new game gets announced/released all of a sudden the game that was everyones punching bag is now a "classic"
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

why would you even put arms in there? nobody should buy arms.

mario odyssey comes out next month, splatoon and zelda would last him plenty to marios release

also the zelda cycle is real. this forum, reddit, pretty much everywhere since botw got announced youve seen people talking about how much they loved skyward sword, and when skyward sword came out everyone was talking about how they loved twilight princess, and when twilight princess came out how much they loved wind waker.

this is a real thing that happens with every zelda game

zelda game gets announced/released everyone loves it at first, some time goes by all of a sudden everyone hates the current game and loves the past games, new game gets announced/released all of a sudden the game that was everyones punching bag is now a "classic"
    1) If they are not interested in Skyrim with a Zelda skin or Splatoon then there is no point in getting the system RIGHT NOW. Since Mario Odyssey comes out next month.

2) You don't get to hand wave peoples opinion about Zelda because of some form post. Personally I hated BOTW well before many others and it was right after release.

3) So your telling me people spent time with a game then formed a opinion of it..................SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are damage controlling, Stop it. Zelda isn't ur best friend and nether is Nintendo, There is no need to defend them so much. Even more so when many others (Myself included) have outright said they like The Switch.

Right now it has little to offer.

hell, look at how many people these days say majoras mask is their favorite. when i was a kid people hated on that game constantly, now everyone loves majoras mask.

ocarina of time is the only game i dont recall the zelda cycle affecting and that might just be because it was the first 3d one although im sure plenty of link to the past people probably hated on it as well

- - - Updated - - -

1) If they are not interested in Skyrim with a Zelda skin or Splatoon then there is no point in getting the system RIGHT NOW. Since Mario Odyssey comes out next month.

2) You don't get to hand wave peoples opinion about Zelda because of some form post. Personally I hated BOTW well before many others and it was right after release.

3) So your telling me people spent time with a game then formed a opinion of it..................SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are damage controlling, Stop it. Zelda isn't ur best friend and nether is Nintendo, There is no need to defend them so much. Even more so when many others (Myself included) have outright said they like The Switch.

Right now it has little to offer.
    im not hand waving peoples opinions, im talking about something that happens to every zelda game since majoras mask and has been a topic of discussion in the zelda community since forever.

hell, look at how many people these days say majoras mask is their favorite. when i was a kid people hated on that game constantly, now everyone loves majoras mask.

ocarina of time is the only game i dont recall the zelda cycle affecting and that might just be because it was the first 3d one although im sure plenty of link to the past people probably hated on it as well
    Ya there was people who didn't like OOT as well. This Zelda cycle crap is bullshit, Its a way to handwave peoples opinion about a game you like. You are literally using the same excuse Fanboy's use for Call of Duty and Battlefield.

- - - Updated - - -

im not hand waving peoples opinions, im talking about something that happens to every zelda game since majoras mask and has been a topic of discussion in the zelda community since forever.
    Yes you are.

Its the same bullshit excuse others use for other games when someone doesn't like a game they do.

majoras mask: 3 day system is stupid, all the characters look the same, skull kid is a silly villain and tatl is just a shitty navi

wind waker: this looks like a baby game why cant it be dark like majoras mask, too much water, why is tingle part of the main plotline

twilight princess: this is just ocarina of time turned emo why cant it be nice and colorful like wind waker, why is everything so empty, zelda doesnt do anything why doesnt she do something like sheik and tetra, midna was just made for perverts

skyward sword: this game is too kiddy and blurry it looks weird, fi is annoying, debbie, zelda looks amish and is ugly, demise is just a godzilla rip off, why cant it be dark like twilight princess, *insert any motion controls argument here*

and now with botw we see comments like: too little story why cant it have more story like skyward sword did, why isnt there any characters like ghirahim, why didnt we have a companion like all the other zelda games, link and zelda being together is dumb, rito and zora being around at the same time is dumb, why cant we have motion controls like skyward sword, motion control puzzles are dumb

- - - Updated - - -

Ya there was people who didn't like OOT as well. This Zelda cycle crap is bullshit, Its a way to handwave peoples opinion about a game you like. You are literally using the same excuse Fanboy's use for Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Yes you are.

Its the same bullshit excuse others use for other games when someone doesn't like a game they do.
    lol wot?

everybody hates on cod and battlefield because every game is the exact same

lol wot?

everybody hates on cod and battlefield because every game is the exact same
    Its almost like there is people who just hate on games others like......

Shocker I know, Wait tomorrow ill teach ya about water being wet. The funny part with this post is you just proved me right by saying the bolded.

- - - Updated - - -

1. I didn't hate Majoras as a kid. Remains my favourite one today with Phantom Hourglass being my favourite portable one.

2. You really are trying to do damage control. You have been for Nintendo throughout a lot of this thread. As a few other people have.

Both bad games people love for waifushit. You never hear anyone praise the bosses, dungeons or gameplay of SS or TP, its always Muh Childhood friend Zelda or Muh Shortstack fetish. They are not good games. Not the worst nintendo games, just the first 1st party zelda games. Can't save a bad game with a waifu.

God knows Randy Pitchford has tried repeatedly.