Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess I am just too "down to earth" or "logical" for this whole thing. Sargeras has been set up to be this crazily powerful..I cannot even imagine how this "imprisoning" would work.

Time to go with the good ole "A wizard did it".
    We have a crazily powerful group behind us as well, though. All the Titans together should count, especially now they presumably (1) have Aggramar, (2) don't have to face Sargeras in a face-to-face battle (and will be vulnerable to his fel-powered attacks) and (3) have us + Illidan as the pawns supports.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Or maybe we (well, the Pantheon and Illidan) will stop him when Sargeras just barely get the tip in, before he manages to push his thing further inside Azeroth or starts moving it around
    Pumbaa, not in front of the kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Agreed, it's surprisingly obvious. But hey, that's datamining.

But don't worry, judging by the texture of the "hole," the Blade of Sargeras will be in the ground. It's a repeating texture that will be covered, it's not a detailed crevasse.
    I hope so, would really be awesome to see a zone-sized sword sticking all the way up into space, way above how far we can fly.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess I am just too "down to earth" or "logical" for this whole thing. Sargeras has been set up to be this crazily powerful..I cannot even imagine how this "imprisoning" would work.

Time to go with the good ole "A wizard did it".
    They are using power of dying titan to imprison another titan... should be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    They are using power of dying titan to imprison another titan... should be possible.
    Particularly since "they" is another 5 Titans. So the ones involved here are at least similar magnitudes of power.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Particularly since "they" is another 5 Titans. So the ones involved here are at least similar magnitudes of power.
    And they say they will remain to ensure it holds as well as having illidan as his jailer

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It might also be possible for N'Zoth / the Twilight Cult to use this to bring Yogg / C'Thun back. Cho'gall already attempted to rez C'Thun using Me'dan's power. If Me'dan's was enough, Azeroth's blood - which will pretty much become a new Well of Eternity - will definitely be sufficient.
    Ummm you guys are aware we didn't kill C'Thun and Yogg right? Like I can't believe the stupidity it would take to think we actually killed them. Not to mention you bring up lore from those shitty comics. Who are you and why are you so bad at Warcraft lore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Ummm you guys are aware we didn't kill C'Thun and Yogg right? Like I can't believe the stupidity it would take to think we actually killed them. Not to mention you bring up lore from those shitty comics. Who are you and why are you so bad at Warcraft lore?
    The lore from the "shitty comics" are still cannon weather you like it or not. Far as we know C'thun and Yogg are dead.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Please enlighten us. Everything linked so far states they're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Really? Please enlighten us. Everything linked so far states they're dead.
    Have you read chronicles buddy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The lore from the "shitty comics" are still cannon weather you like it or not.
    Are they though? Blizzard themselves have called that into question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you read chronicles buddy?
    Yea. Unless you have some special edition, Chronicle doesn't cover Vanilla or WotLK. And it's "Chronicle", not "Chronicles". There's no 's'.

Are they though? Blizzard themselves have called that into question.
    Blizzard decanonized 1 very specific thing, not the entire comic series. And while on the subject, Med'an was already not the Guardian at the end of the comics anyway. That was something stated in Velen's short story. So really, Blizzard decanonized the line in Prophet's Lesson.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-09-23 at 03:10 AM.

Lmaooooo if C'Thun and Yogg were 'killed' then im pretty sure our planet would be completely destroyed by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

The Original Gangsters are dead. We were able to kill them since we didnt fight cunt and yoggie bear at full power but that doesn't mean their corpses aren't dangerous. Even at full power, Argus the Unmaker unmakes them.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Lmaooooo if C'Thun and Yogg were 'killed' then im pretty sure our planet would be completely destroyed by now.
    Yeah pretty much this guys. Yogg is the size of Northrend, there is no way whacking him for a while killed that entire form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah pretty much this guys. Yogg is the size of Northrend, there is no way whacking him for a while killed that entire form.
    Yogg-Saron: Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity.

Yogg-Saron: Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity.
    Are you really taking an Old Gods words as fact? Funny how you take those words yet ignore the words about them being "beyond the cycle of life and death". Just keep cherry picking information and ignoring anything that doesn't suit your narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you really taking an Old Gods words as fact? Funny how you take those words yet ignore the words about them being "beyond the cycle of life and death". Just keep cherry picking information and ignoring anything that doesn't suit your narrative.
    First, Yogg was pissed that it's about to die. Its dying words were about how we're fucked anyway. Whether or not that threat is true, it indicates that it was aware that it's about to die.

Second, we have WoG and omniscient narrator directly refuting the "They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."

Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Not every Old God is still alive and plotting. The Titans actually did kill a lot, so this particular Old God is dead. And is safely dead. Not all of the Old Gods were entombed. (Source)

But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead. (Source)

With a heave of his blade, Sargeras split the world in two. The resultant explosion consumed the Old Gods and their energies, but it killed the nascent titan as well.
    [...]
    Y'Shaarj was dead, but its tendrils had bored more deeply through Azeroth than Aman'Thul had ever imagined.

--Chronicle V1
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-09-23 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    "Have you played any Cataclysm? You know, when the world blows up? Because of the Old Gods" - that was Blizzard's answer, word by word, to a guy who asked them to address the same issue you brought up (why we haven't seen any catastrophic event even with two down). It wasn't even something new and have been linked over and over many times, so I'm not sure how you've missed it.

I don't know how bad I'm at Warcraft lore, but I'm pretty sure that at least in this regards, I'm way ahead of the C'Thun & Yogg are still allliivveee crowd. Especially given that we have confirmations both in-game and out of it.
    (1) Omniscient Narrator in the in-game quest text flat out stated that C'Thun was destroyed and dead.
    (2) The comic stated the same as well. And on that note, Blizzard - in particular, Afrasiabi - clarified very recently in Legion that they only meant "Med'an being the Guardian" is not canon, but the comics are still canon.
    (3) Blizzard Q&A section answered that C'Thun and Yogg's deaths caused the Cataclysm. Check back a few pages in this thread, or pretty much every single Old God related thread in the last 4-5 years.

So if you are saying C'Thun and Yogg are still alive as of the lore right now, you are relying on the word of in-game Old God follower NPC over the omniscient narrator, the comic and WoG itself. Next you just need to call Blizzard developers liars and you will fit nicely into the category of "shouldn't-be-bothered-with" group. Have you ever asked yourself why have the "C'Thun-and-Yogg-are-alive" group never been able to provide any blue post stating such?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

First, Yogg was pissed that it's about to die. Its dying words were about how we're fucked anyway. Whether or not that threat is true, it indicates that it was aware that it's about to die.

Second, we have WoG and omniscient narrator directly refuting the "They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."

Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Not every Old God is still alive and plotting. The Titans actually did kill a lot, so this particular Old God is dead. And is safely dead. Not all of the Old Gods were entombed. (Source)

But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead. (Source)

With a heave of his blade, Sargeras split the world in two. The resultant explosion consumed the Old Gods and their energies, but it killed the nascent titan as well.
    [...]
    Y'Shaarj was dead, but its tendrils had bored more deeply through Azeroth than Aman'Thul had ever imagined.

--Chronicle V1
    None of what you just linked says anything about C'Thun of Yogg being dead other than a very questionable comic strip.

15+ Year Old Account
    None of what you just linked says anything about C'Thun of Yogg being dead other than a very questionable comic strip.
    The quote from Chronicle literally begins with "Y'Shaarj was dead" lol