Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If we don't get Path of the Titans I'll be shocked.
    Path of The Titans is long gone. They used what remained of it in our old glyph system with minor/major and prime glyphs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Path of The Titans is long gone. They used what remained of it in our old glyph system with minor/major and prime glyphs.
    Now's the perfect time to revive it, though. The artifact system is pretty much what the original Path of the Titans was offering, with ability boosts along paths and nodes and so forth. Plus, the Titans are all back, so we can have them unlock our inner whatever potential.

You can guarantee they will be gone because there isn't a single thing the WoW Dev team enjoys more than throwing away (or just flat-out deleting) major content once an expansion ends.

Essentially Path of the Titans was just post level cap power progression. Same as AP, same as Netherlight Crucible. And with the old glyph system gone, and with us likely getting a different AP-style system, I can imagine that shows up as "Path of the Titans".
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electryon View Post
    You can guarantee they will be gone because there isn't a single thing the WoW Dev team enjoys more than throwing away (or just flat-out deleting) major content once an expansion ends.
    gonna give us examples or are you just full of hot air?

7+ Year Old Account
    I can think of three things everyone wants gone.

1)Titanforged/warforged
    2)Legendary random drop /being BIS "must have"
    3)Artifacts and AP

What do you think will be used to heal the wound and/or reinforce the old god prison that happens to be located right where the wound is.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    gonna give us examples or are you just full of hot air?
    The Treasure Scenario on the Isle of Thunder and two legendary quest chains that provided the entire fulcrum and (in the case of Warlords) the only major story progression in the later stages of the last two expansions. If you just started playing in Legion, you wouldn't have a goddamn clue what happens in the story in Mists or Warlords because the major parts of it have been cut out of the game.

We will lose them in the first few opening quests of the next xpac somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

The Treasure Scenario on the Isle of Thunder and two legendary quest chains that provided the entire fulcrum and (in the case of Warlords) the only major story progression in the later stages of the last two expansions. If you just started playing in Legion, you wouldn't have a goddamn clue what happens in the story in Mists or Warlords because the major parts of it have been cut out of the game.
    One of the biggest mistakes blizz made doing that. I mean if you play threw WoD now would you even know how gul'dan captured Grom or why Grom turned good?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ideally, i'd drain the artifacts of their power in order to do something at the wound, but we keep them afterwards.

Having lost all the power they had before, we gain the ability to get new power and reforge the weapons more to our liking. Lets say you keep the blades of the fallen prince, but gain the ability to customise parts of it. You could give it an extra long hilt, an 8 pronged guard and a purple skull axe head and name the weapon whatever you want. Bam, you now have Sgt Ownzusohard's "Dickaxe of Pwning".

It is still the artifact you earned at the beginning of Legion, but you are now making it something more personalised. Lets say that killing the final boss of a raid tier unlocks a new set of customisation parts for your weapon that is based on the tier you unlocked, allowing you to mix and match to your own liking. Relics still function as they do now, with some added features. Maybe bake the crucible into the new artifact progression? iunno.

I more like the graphical / personalised path with artifacts, let someone else number crunch it. =\

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so endgame content only available at max level during the relevant expansion that is no longer endgame content and so was removed? the Legendary Cloak questline was hardly a "major" storyline in Mists - the major storyline was the Sha being released, which you mostly deal with while you level. same with Warlords, the storyline is still there; the only bit you're missing is the max level stuff.

as for the Treasure Scenario on the Isle of Thunder, oh please that was hardly "major content" - nobody is going to go back there for that anyway, they go there for ToT and Nalak and maybe an achievement here and there. also, the reason they got rid of it was that it would have been trivial at max level. as for the legendaries, well they are relics that are now obselete and personally I would feel a bit cheated if a lvl 110 was able to go back and get them easily after I worked hard to get them at max level at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madeupname666 View Post
    We will lose them in the first few opening quests of the next xpac somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the biggest mistakes blizz made doing that. I mean if you play threw WoD now would you even know how gul'dan captured Grom or why Grom turned good?
    it wouldn't come up unless you were doing HFC at max level; in which case a quick google search would reveal the cinematic

I honestly think they won't remove them. Instead, they just won't be useful past a certain level and they'll just remove their abilities/make them baked into the spec if they want to keep them.

Too much of the entire expansion is designed around them, and to remove them would probably be more effort than it's worth. Especially considering the experience of people who'd be leveling through Legion to get to the next expansion.

If they did remove them, I think it'd only be at the start of the next expansion's intro, as part of the intro into it, and it'd give you a new non-artifact weapon as a quest reward. Not doing one or the other is just asking them to do way more than I think they'd be willing to do for something that will likely very quickly be outdated content.

Lore wise, wolves don't carry weapons and alchemy formulas around. Lore wise, 100 people are not killing the same guy every 5 minutes. Lorewise, Illidan has his warglives, yet so does my Death Knight, sand 50 hundred rogues. Lorewise, well you get the idea. What is the point of whining about the artifacts weapon. We all know there are tons of replica weapons/armors/mounts running around everywhere.

I find it very unlikely they will go "poof". Otherwise, if they did, then there would be a whole weaponless expansion for everyone coming in without an upgraded heirloom weapon.
    Last edited by Baroclinic; 2017-09-23 at 06:48 AM.

But its idea of continuos grind on max level is still relevant.

We are gonna be reforged by the Titans during Argus fight. Incorporating Path of Titans with Artifact Power style mechanics in 8.0 makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I hope they change their minds and we keep them moving forward.

It was one thing to lose them to super powered alien weapons on other planets. It will be dumb to have them out shined by some random south sea pirate who dropped a toothpick that is now a dagger.
    Exactly that. I understand losing the artifact as part of expansion development, but replacing it with a pathetic green dropped by a south sea pirate is plain humiliation in terms of immersion.

I mean, I see how the artifact turned us into super "chosen ones", however, it doesn't have to be solved by having us regress back to basic generic adventurers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I hope they change their minds and we keep them moving forward.

It was one thing to lose them to super powered alien weapons on other planets. It will be dumb to have them out shined by some random south sea pirate who dropped a toothpick that is now a dagger.
    How it will most likely happen is
    Final boss fight to help with X we expend the power of our weapons to help stop the big bad, and theffore they become pointless
    or
    Final boss fight our weapons are destroyed but we pull the power into ourselves and use it to beat big bad (most lilel;y based on what we have datamined_
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content