10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Wow mods actually banned him for that shit, nothing new LuL.
    RIP, I guess you're next. LUL

Mods are getting worse for every year tbh. Wasn't like this back in Cata times.

I wouldn't call hundreds of years fairly average lol
    Draenei are seemingly immortal and can live for 25,000+ years. Night Elves are/were immortal but even without it live more than 12,000 years. Trolls live thousands of years, gnomes presumably live just as long as dwarves, Undead are theoretically immortal.

They are average.

I'm actually not sure if the majority of azeroth races live for thousands of years... we need some lore clarification on ages.
    We do, most of the information we have is from that old RPG book that isn't even cannon... I'm tempted to compute an estimated average lifespan based on all the races present on Azeroth, but it's late and I have a class to give in the morning. Tomorrow in the afternoon if I've got time, we shall know WHAT THE AVERAGE LIFESPAN IN AZEROTH IS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    We do, most of the information we have is from that old RPG book that isn't even cannon... I'm tempted to compute an estimated average lifespan based on all the races present on Azeroth, but it's late and I have a class to give in the morning. Tomorrow in the afternoon if I've got time, we shall know WHAT THE AVERAGE LIFESPAN IN AZEROTH IS.
    Azerothian lifespans vary between literally immortal and 30 so I'd say it averages around three fiddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Azerothian lifespans vary between literally immortal and 30 so I'd say it averages around three fiddy.
    I'd probably exclude draenei and orcs as they're not from Azeroth per se, but I'm genuinely curious to see if I we can get anything relevant computing the "supposed" information we have.

EDIT: Three fiddy works as well, I'm fine with that !

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Yet so many players out there are inspired by her story pre-cata.
    associating themselves with fictional mass murderer because they have had tragic events happened in their lives? they must have seriously injured their brain in the process.

Pretty sure the average life time of a Gnome or Goblin is something between dying in an explosion or getting eaten by animals bigger like them so uhm 30 years maybe? Can't imagine Gnomes being 150 years old.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty sure the average life time of a Gnome or Goblin is something between dying in an explosion or getting eaten by animals bigger like them so uhm 30 years maybe? Can't imagine Gnomes being 150 years old.
    Generally everyone has quite a long life span by human (our) standards. The only really shortlived race I remember are the Hozen which live like 20 yrs. On the other hand only few live for millenia (Draenei, Elves).
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Moira's son won't have an effect on the Warcraft universe for a very long time unless Blizzard does a big time jump(Legion would of been a good place to start it(after Legion that is).
    Can they even do such a time jump? Usually they leave a big margin for player-made roleplay when it comes to our characters.

Forcing the idea that every human character was younger than 30 before the timeskip and is now in their 40s in order to have witnessed the events of previous expansions and still be able to fight doesn't sound like something they would do.

That is, unless our characters timetravel to this future, but then you risk having another WoD scenario.

How would you guys feel about an actual time skip in the lore? The gameplay wouldn't change much, and it would fit to a possible revamp of the old world.
    Everything settles down for a while, the world continues to develop new characters, problems, political issues - all that stuff.

It's highly unlikely, but I would welcome it for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    How would you guys feel about an actual time skip in the lore? The gameplay wouldn't change much, and it would fit to a possible revamp of the old world.
    Everything settles down for a while, the world continues to develop new characters, problems, political issues - all that stuff.

It's highly unlikely, but I would welcome it for a change.
    As I said earlier in this thread, I'm divided. Part of me, mainly the player, is excited as it would allow the world to be truly reborn and for many characters to evolve alongside Warcraft various societies. On the other end, if the time-jump is something like 30 years, many "short-life span" characters (especially humans) would end up very old or dead, and as a rolist I would have to stop playing many of my characters (I can find a time breach excuse for one of them, but I wouldn't do that for all of them haha). So yeah, it would be exciting but it would have to be done perfectly.

As I said earlier in this thread, I'm divided. Part of me, mainly the player, is excited as it would allow the world to be truly reborn and for many characters to evolve alongside Warcraft various societies. On the other end, if the time-jump is something like 30 years, many "short-life span" characters (especially humans) would end up very old or dead, and as a rolist I would have to stop playing many of my characters (I can find a time breach excuse for one of them, but I wouldn't do that for all of them haha). So yeah, it would be exciting but it would have to be done perfectly.
    Well, I wouldn't go as far as say 30 years. Make it 5 or so years max and you still have enough time to change stuff around.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Well, I wouldn't go as far as say 30 years. Make it 5 or so years max and you still have enough time to change stuff around.
    Well, when I think time gap and WoW, I can't help but remember this comic about Anduin in that spaceship, with gray hair and beard, it looks like he's around 50 at the minimum, and he might actually be much older. And since he's in his 20s now...

EDIT: For those wondering what I'm talking about, here it is.

Well, when I think time gap and WoW, I can't help but remember this comic about Anduin in that spaceship, with gray hair and beard, it looks like he's around 50 at the minimum, and he might actually be much older. And since he's in his 20s now...
    If you rethink what happened to Alleria and Turalyon, Blizz could easily set the stage for new story to come with the "spacetime" twist.
    It says, Alleria and Turalyon were to fight the legion for thousands of years because of relativity of time (like it is in reality). So maybe, while fighting the Legion on Argus, time runs by, maybe hundreds of years pass on Azeroth, what could be an explanation of Anduin being greybearded in the comic. Question: Is Anduind accompanying us flying to Argus?

This also could tie us to a new situation on Azeroth. While nobody defended our beloved homelands for hundreds of years, the Black Empire (or anyone else) had time to rise and as we come back, Azeroth is devastated (Speculation part)

Little bit of insight on WoW's technical direction. Recorded in 2016, so some stuff is now outdated (like supporting XP, which is now announced to stop in October).

Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    If you rethink what happened to Alleria and Turalyon, Blizz could easily set the stage for new story to come with the "spacetime" twist.
    It says, Alleria and Turalyon were to fight the legion for thousands of years because of relativity of time (like it is in reality). So maybe, while fighting the Legion on Argus, time runs by, maybe hundreds of years pass on Azeroth, what could be an explanation of Anduin being greybearded in the comic. Question: Is Anduind accompanying us flying to Argus?

This also could tie us to a new situation on Azeroth. While nobody defended our beloved homelands for hundreds of years, the Black Empire (or anyone else) had time to rise and as we come back, Azeroth is devastated (Speculation part)
    In the new audio about Alleria & Turalyon it is explained that time runs much faster on Argus, and that hundreds of years on Argus are equivalent to just a few years on Azeroth, so you're perfectly right to mention this! Maybe Anduin will do something on his own for centuries, but it will only seem like a few years to us on Azeroth because we won't be with him?

Damn I'm hyped for what they have in store for us.

In the new audio about Alleria & Turalyon it is explained that time runs much faster on Argus, and that hundreds of years on Argus are equivalent to just a few years on Azeroth, so you're perfectly right to mention this! Maybe Anduin will do something on his own for centuries, but it will only seem like a few years to us on Azeroth because we won't be with him?
    A: That would require another world revamp which I don't think Blizzard will do.

Even if the next expansion is about the Old Gods invading Azeroth, only a few zones would require full revamps, the others would just have world quests and scaling technology added, plus the necessary new zones.

B: Dozens of characters would die of old age, and it wouldn't make sense that some storylines would just wait for us to return (Azshara, N'zoth).

C: They can easily get around the now established time-warping nature of Fel magic by saying that the rift that connects Azeroth and Argus keeps them in-sync (much like Draenor) or that it has actually stabilized Argus.

D: They barely managed to get most players to understand what WoD was about.

WoW isn't a good environment for time-related stories unless they're extremely obvious (e.g. CoT, where sometimes time literally stops), and Blizzard writers don't have the finesse to explain some of the sci-fi concepts they try to include in their stories, to the point where I don't think they really understand them themselves (e.g. the timeless nature of the Burning Legion vs the basics of a multiverse).

E: Timeskips are often done to create new "in medias res" situations in a linear storyline. The persistent nature of WoW makes this akward. Already the Cataclysm zones come before TBC and WotLK in leveling, a new world revamp that pushes the old world even further into the future will only make it worse. New players would see all of these "after so many years, you heroes have returned from Argus" quests fifty levels before stepping on Argus (or skipping it, realistically).

The timeskip would be cool. And it's something I always thought could be in the works after first reading the Anduin comic. My only doubt is that some characters like Gen or Jaina would probably be dead if it were the case. Jaina looks her current age in the key art for blizzcon haha

10+ Year Old Account
    A Time skip would just make child characters more relevent(Moira's son and Anduin would be a full adult) and for lore junkies it would feel better no big tragedy would happen every year. Of course it would be a good excuse(Or whatever word you want) to change certain places in the world to be different. I think the point would be, our characters wouldn't age, the world itself would.

As for it being likely? Very doubtful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi