Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    They did. They just don't believe him.

I'm of the opinion that his account is compromised and while he wasn't using bot software the compromiser was and thus he has the ban.
    Meh, I didn't plan on responding to this OP, but this made me.

So I have the app on my phone that requires using a stupid code to sign in and all that, before that it was the keychain, so I highly, highly doubt anyone hacked my account and used it without me knowing. In the past, I was a botter, but not on this account, and not any time in the recent past - I think Cata was the last time I did it, and I don't have that account anymore. I have two accounts now, both of them are clean as far as that goes. I have had absolute zero issues on either account up until this initial shut-down for 3rd party software. Blizzard of course would never give me a straight answer as to what exactly was triggering this. I even went so far as to wipe my hard drive, I got a solid state, and reinstalled everything from scratch. That's when the second 6 month hit me. Absolutely clean drive, WoW plus addons were the only thing installed, which I carried over from my backup drive.

The ONLY thing I could think of is that I had some sort of addon that has been flagged as a bad juju addon, and was getting loaded up. I've had the same backup folder of addons since...fuck, BC? But it still doesn't explain why I was able to play ~3 expansions without a single issue, and then just suddenly out of the blue get hit. My second account is still in good standing. I actually continued to play it WHILE the other, main account was banned. Never got hit on that one, using the same exact addons.

If I'd just gotten hit for botting or for using something I was intentionally using, I wouldn't be here making this post, and I would never have made the original one like 8 months ago. I'd take my licks and move on, as I've done in the past. It just completely floored me that I got a 6 month hit like that out of the blue. And then getting a year-ish long ban WHILE already on a 6 month ban? C'mon, why don't you just permanently ban the account at this point lol.

Any theory I come up with just gets busted by the fact my second account never got hit. I have two accounts because I used to dualbox a tank + healer in dungeons, back when level 80/81/84 twinking with MoP BoE blues was a thing. That died when WoD came out. I played all of WoD perfectly fine, I leveled up all 20 or so of my characters through it from both accounts.

You guys can slander me and hate me all you want, saying I'm a cheater and that I got my just desserts, I don't care at all. I'm not looking for sympathy, especially from MMO-C. You guys are ruthless and bloodthirsty, I've been here long enough to know that! I'm just stating for the record, for the tl;dr, that if I HAD done something, I would own up to it, never would've made the post, and nobody would be reading this right now. Something screwy happened, and now my account is locked until middle of next year, I have no idea why, or why time was added onto it. I just made this OP because I thought it was funny and wanted to share my experience.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2017-09-23 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    His post literally says he doesn't even care about the game and doesn't want it back, and is just trying to figure out if something changed that would have caused this.

Reading comprehension.
    I'm fully aware of what was posted.

And I'm also aware that in the overwhelming majority of cases where someone claims to have been falsely banned for botting (regardless of what else the post wants/claims/demands) they ended up being confirmed as a botter by the developer, etc.

So tell me: given that I know most people lie about this matter, why should I assume he is one of the few people who was actually falsely banned for it?

Deleted
    I don't believe for 1 second that you don't know why you were banned.

I've had a 3 hour ban years ago, I asked what I was banned for and the GM from the e-mail posted a section of my chat log in an e-mail to show me why.

QQ some more for botting.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    ya because you can totally trust random post comply when you have no way to know if hes giving you the full story.
    I have no real reason to doubt him. I'm aware of others who've been incorrectly banned in the past by WoW's third-party detection software. But then, it's easy to accuse or insinuate someone is lying just because they claim they were banned without reason.

Doesn't Blizzard ban in waves?

Is it possible you play with multiple different hacks in a 2 month period, Wave 1 bans go out for X program, you're here and banned for 3 months. Wave 2 bans go out for program XX some time later, due to your use with it you're now hit with an added 6 month ban. A month later ban waves go out for program XXX. Again, due to your use of the program before your punishment you're hit with another added 6 months.

Does this seem like a likely situation? Not saying the OP is a hacker, but to people who do hack and use multiple programs, is this a possible scenario?
    Last edited by sarym13; 2017-09-23 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Doesnt' matter if he 'cheated' or not, even if every single one of us on MMOC believed him that he was innocent, Blizzard would still have the right to ban the account because it was compromised. My personal advice to OP would be contact support and ask them what is going on and how to return the account to an uncompromised state.
    Yeah, you're right. It doesn't matter if he cheated or not, the account was compromised and thus it was closed. But your original post was in response to me telling someone who made a junk "dont cheat" post to not make junk posts. You originally insinuated the OP was a cheater.

You are literally the kind of troll that just says shit to make an argument no matter how far you have to reach and no matter what you have to say. I am ignoring you now, as I should have done weeks ago. Put it in your signature in case you want to look like an even bigger tool than you already do on a usual basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Doesn't Blizzard ban in waves?

Is it possible you play with multiple different hacks in a 2 month period, Wave 1 bans go out for X program, you're here and banned for 3 months. Wave 2 bans go out for program XX 1 1/2 months later, due to your use with it you're now hit with an added 6 month ban. A month later ban waves go out for program XXX. Again, due to your use of the program before your punishment you're hit with another added 6 months.

Does this seem like a likely situation? Not saying the OP is a hacker, but to people who do hack and use multiple programs, is this a possible scenario?
    I have no idea if that scenario is viable. I CAN tell you that Blizzard doesn't JUST ban bots in waves, if a player gets enough reports and a GM actually watches a character they WILL ban on a per-player basis. It's why it's possible to run like 10 accounts at once, all in different zones, and have like 3 of them get banned while the others keep going. The old botting forums used to be full of posts about this, and people trying to find optimal routes in zones for all of their setups so that even if a few got hit, it was still financially viable to continue and/or get replacement accounts going again.

Again, two shits I do not give if you guys believe me or not. I find it rather silly of you to be posting in this thread saying I'm lying when I'm not trying to seek sympathy or redemption for this. Just wanted to give some people a chuckle.

Also, for the record, Blizzard in no way has to tell you why they banned your account, nor do they ever have to provide proof. It's entirely possible for a GM to just randomly shut you down for now reason at all, and there's really nothing you can do about it. I had this confirmed back in MoP by no less than three GMs, and if I hadn't wiped my Hard Drive, I'd still have the screenshots of the chat. While it may not be their policy anymore, it at least at one time was.

There's so much information that most players don't know, because you've never been on the wrong side of Blizzard. So please stop with the armchair GM'ing in here, none of you have an inkling of how blizzard handles bots, 3rd party software, hacked or compromised accounts, or anything in between, unless you've specifically had it happen or did it yourself to get caught.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2017-09-23 at 07:11 AM.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

This thread is pointless, if anything because over half of the people replying didn't even read the original post.

This has happened to me twice and I have never even THOUGHT about buying gold or using hacks. Someone got a hold of my account before I had an authenticator, I guess through malware that got onto my PC from popups. This was before I figured out what adblock is. You need to change all your passwords and do whatever you can to secure your account and the email attached to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Meh, I didn't plan on responding to this OP, but this made me.

So I have the app on my phone that requires using a stupid code to sign in and all that, before that it was the keychain, so I highly, highly doubt anyone hacked my account and used it without me knowing. In the past, I was a botter, but not on this account, and not any time in the recent past - I think Cata was the last time I did it, and I don't have that account anymore. I have two accounts now, both of them are clean as far as that goes. I have had absolute zero issues on either account up until this initial shut-down for 3rd party software. Blizzard of course would never give me a straight answer as to what exactly was triggering this. I even went so far as to wipe my hard drive, I got a solid state, and reinstalled everything from scratch. That's when the second 6 month hit me. Absolutely clean drive, WoW plus addons were the only thing installed, which I carried over from my backup drive.

The ONLY thing I could think of is that I had some sort of addon that has been flagged as a bad juju addon, and was getting loaded up. I've had the same backup folder of addons since...fuck, BC? But it still doesn't explain why I was able to play ~3 expansions without a single issue, and then just suddenly out of the blue get hit. My second account is still in good standing. I actually continued to play it WHILE the other, main account was banned. Never got hit on that one, using the same exact addons.

If I'd just gotten hit for botting or for using something I was intentionally using, I wouldn't be here making this post, and I would never have made the original one like 8 months ago. I'd take my licks and move on, as I've done in the past. It just completely floored me that I got a 6 month hit like that out of the blue. And then getting a year-ish long ban WHILE already on a 6 month ban? C'mon, why don't you just permanently ban the account at this point lol.

Any theory I come up with just gets busted by the fact my second account never got hit. I have two accounts because I used to dualbox a tank + healer in dungeons, back when level 80/81/84 twinking with MoP BoE blues was a thing. That died when WoD came out. I played all of WoD perfectly fine, I leveled up all 20 or so of my characters through it from both accounts.

You guys can slander me and hate me all you want, saying I'm a cheater and that I got my just desserts, I don't care at all. I'm not looking for sympathy, especially from MMO-C. You guys are ruthless and bloodthirsty, I've been here long enough to know that! I'm just stating for the record, for the tl;dr, that if I HAD done something, I would own up to it, never would've made the post, and nobody would be reading this right now. Something screwy happened, and now my account is locked until middle of next year, I have no idea why, or why time was added onto it. I just made this OP because I thought it was funny and wanted to share my experience.
    I dont know what happened, and I have no reason to doubt your story, which is why I've thusfar given you the benefit of the doubt on it. My advice is contact Blizzard and inquire when the supposed event that occurred that led to this current 'time out'. I sincerely hope you find the knowledge you seek.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah, you're right. It doesn't matter if he cheated or not, the account was compromised and thus it was closed. But your original post was in response to me telling someone who made a junk "dont cheat" post to not make junk posts. You originally insinuated the OP was a cheater.

You are literally the kind of troll that just says shit to make an argument no matter how far you have to reach and no matter what you have to say. I am ignoring you now, as I should have done weeks ago. Put it in your signature in case you want to look like an even bigger tool than you already do on a usual basis.
    No, I was challenging your bullshit, it had zero to do with the OP. But you love to make any situation about yourself, you just cant help trying to be the smartest in the room. Even lowly Christopher Hill is smarter, more honest, and more credible than you are.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simplest explanation: You got hacked and the hacker activated your account and did some stuff.
    IF you are sure, I'd contact Blizzard customer support.

But he didn't cheat. Did you not read his post?
    That's what they all say.

10+ Year Old Account
    First: Make sure it's still set to be your email, not some other email. Then, contact support and see why you actually got banned, chances are you were either hacked, or you botted yourself. If it's the latter, well, no chance it'll get rescinded, if it's the first, there's a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

But he didn't cheat. Did you not read his post?
    He claims to not have cheated. There's a big difference.

Deleted
    maybe there are some leftover files on your pc from when you did bot.
    maybe whoever you got the bot from also stole your login details and tries to reactivate banned accounts the owners might have forgotten about.
    maybe they banned you a second time for a second thing while your ban for the first thing was still going, hard to believe the first thing you did wasn't go look for the email from blizz.

I have no real reason to doubt him. I'm aware of others who've been incorrectly banned in the past by WoW's third-party detection software. But then, it's easy to accuse or insinuate someone is lying just because they claim they were banned without reason.
    It's just as easy to believe him as it is to not believe him. They are two sides of the same coin. We have been given no proof so either belief is equally worthless. Don't try to claim any sort of high ground for believing him over not believing him. They are both baseless.

Attempting to weigh in on the story OP is told and claim who was right or wrong is pointless. No tangible information was provided so no statement with any kind of weight can be made. Both sides can only hypothesize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You idiot. What sort of software did you use to dual box. There is a lot more people claiming their multi boximg would get them banned then those using an ingame addon Auctioneer.

If Blizzard system thinks your PC is trying to script movements it'll flag it as a bot. They aren't going to tell you to stop botting, they are just going to say follow the rules. You keep breaking them, they keep banning you.
    I didn't use software. I used my keyboard, custom bindings within the game, and an addon that blizzard approved. I forget the name. I think it had 'octo' in the name or something. And again, this was YEARS ago. If it was against the rules I would've been hit a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    maybe there are some leftover files on your pc from when you did bot.
    maybe whoever you got the bot from also stole your login details and tries to reactivate banned accounts the owners might have forgotten about.
    maybe they banned you a second time for a second thing while your ban for the first thing was still going, hard to believe the first thing you did wasn't go look for the email from blizz.
    Those are both good theories.

Anyway, I'm done responding to this. So many of you are completely missing the point and getting derailed. Keep at it if you want to, I just made the post for people to laugh at. Do so, or keep doing what you're doing. Either way I'm sure a mod will close this thread at some point anyway, the MMO-C mods don't like me either lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just as easy to claim the opposite without reason. Only Blizzard and the OP know what happened. OP has every reason to lie here and Blizzard will not post in this thread, so neither is really contributing anything other than a story provided by one side.

You can't get annoyed at someone for not supporting your side when you have nothing to back up your side. It's a difference of opinion unless you have some inside scoop that proves the claims right.
    Last edited by Lime; 2017-09-23 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Either way I'm sure a mod will close this thread at some point anyway, the MMO-C mods don't like me either lol.
    Not liking you wouldn't be the reason. It's just going to be back to back arguing of speculation and who's 'right' without any proof. No worthwhile discussion comes from that.

Your thread kinda begged derailment anyways. You stated that you made it with no intention of discussing things - it was just a story. People are arguing aspects of said story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like either half the truth or your account isn't secure, or you still have a 3rd party software on your computer. You don't need a subscription to be kept away if having unwanted activities.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You used an Addon that got you banned. You said it was "Blizzard Approved" but technically no Addons are Blizzard Approved, most are just Blizzard Tolerated.

Chances are the Addon triggered a Ban multiple times and each time they've done a Banwave, it has just hit your account for another of the infractions.