Poll: Underwater Zone

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Or we could just have an underwater zone where we are forced to the ground for some reason.
    because without the water it just... feels weird...
    But we could have underwater mounts work and allow you to fly in these zones, well if you dismount "in the air" you are slowly dragged to the floor
    So there would be no mobs swimming above you that would require 3D targeting as they attacked you from range or swam down to hit you from an odd angle?

This game wasn't meant for water zones.

I don't get the hate for Vashj'ir. 95% of mobs were on the ground, underwater breathing and ground-running was active after a handful of quests as well as a zone-specific flying mount.

On the other hand I also don't get why people hated Oculus. Flying a dragon while using 2-3 abilities isn't that hard.

So, yeah, give me another underwater zone and while at it, add a zone with some verticality.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2017-09-23 at 07:27 AM.

Would love it. It's the only time I break from dungeon spamming to level.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    How do you guys feel about having another underwater zone or two in the next expansion?
    If they have the quality of GW2 underwater: yes. If not: no.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    So there would be no mobs swimming above you that would require 3D targeting as they attacked you from range or swam down to hit you from an odd angle?
    I would say there would be mobs at a range, but they would have to come to the ground, that or just be background, fish of all kinds swimming by that you dont need to fight other then oncre in awhile something like a whale shark that will slaughter you :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I would say there would be mobs at a range, but they would have to come to the ground, that or just be background, fish of all kinds swimming by that you dont need to fight other then oncre in awhile something like a whale shark that will slaughter you :P
    I'd just much rather keep the aesthetic without the reliance on Blizzard to manage a 3D environment in a way that isn't frustrating. Even right now, flying mobs that have to come to the ground to hit you often hover in such a way that melee classes have difficulty getting an angle on them, struggling to find the sweet spot between "out of range" and "you must be facing your target." Still happens all the time, and I don't see why it'd be any different next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    ...isn't this exactly what they did in Vashj'ir?
    No. They didn't anchor you, you could swim around.

Vash'jir was a great zone IMO, because it was something different and it was optional. But having many zones like this would suck tbh.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-09-23 at 04:52 PM.

I loved Vasjh'ir for its aesthetics but the combat there was terrible, the engine needs rework if they are going to make a full expansion out of it (Considering we will need to re-visit the zones for WQs on every character).

So I wouldn't really mind as I want to see a Ny'alotha with its full-glory with no compromises but they need to fix the targeting in 3D (The hovering drakes of Storheim sends their regards)

I mean, Vashj'ir was one of the best looking zones Blizzard ever created and I'm glad I quested through that zone but the gameplay was absolute crap. The visuals and lore was not enough and I don't think it ever could be enought to make up for the horrible gameplay.

It was cool maybe once and it was nice to have another zones that you could use to level in if you did not like the water stuff but I don't think Blizzard should go back there again.

Stil a bit sad that we never got to see the raid down in the depths but still, no thanks. No more Vashj'ir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    ugh. How many of you who voted yes actually played Vashir while it was current? As in leveled through iy during launch?

Leveling through that zone blew. It was pretty, but annoying, not conductive to the controls nor camera, and would be even worse with what they did to the max camera range nowdays.

That zone was pure suck, I half had fun on it, Blizzard's Golden Child, my Druid. That was hunting for Posiedens's mount while farming flowers....

I cringed and had flashbacks during that one little underwater zone of horrific memories in surimar... sea of aggro coupled with crap controls and camera, this was with underwater breathing tools, a fast seahorse and a water strider.

You Really don't want a zone of that crap. we'll probably get a taste, and that will be too much.
    It wasn't nearly that bad as people made it to be. I played it during current content, it was fine.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it would be fine. Vash'jir was basically like _any other zone_ with the addition of flying. Almost all combat took place on the ocean floor, on which you could stand on like normal. I have no idea why people found it confusing. Maybe they only did the first quest with the swimming Naga and thought "oh no entire zone sucks bye".

Also you can basically blame me for Vash'jir as I was playing Cata beta and gave the feedback that it was my new favorite zone :P

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    No. They didn't anchor you, you could swim around.
    You were anchored as long as you wanted to be. Why take away that type of freedom?
    Last edited by Wries; 2017-09-23 at 05:11 PM.

Unless they removed all requirements to face your target it's a big nope for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I loved Vash'jir I don't see them doing anything like that again.

I wouldn't mind if it functioned like any other zone. Perhaps due to water pressure or magical shenanigans we're stuck walking on the ocean floor among ruins and sea life, thus it looks like we're under water, but we can't really swim. We would need to use water mounts to "fly" to certain locations, but we couldn't reach the surface because we're too deep in the ocean. It would also be helpful if there were more ruins/civilizations, rather than just repeated various plant life that disorients players.

I feel that would be the best of both worlds. We could have that deep sea aesthetic, but it wouldn't be as disorienting and confusing as Vashj'ir was for many players. We would also have more of a use for several of the under water mounts we've earned over the years (and the Vashj'ir seahorse could be used again, since right now it's only usable in the three Vashj'ir zones). This would also give the devs more guidelines for making a cool civilization for Nazjatar that players would be willing to explore, rather than groan about.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    I didn't mind Vash'jir back then, but with WQs I wouldn't want one with the former execution. Something like lower gravity might work - basically anchored to the bottom, with the ability to swim upwards to different layers.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont want it at all. Or at least make it optional.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never had an issue with the underwater navigation. I saw it the same way as flying.

Biggest issues they'd need to fix if they brought back underwater zones:

• Quest objectives point you to cave entrances.
    • The zone doesn't last three times as long as every other zone.
    • Better enemy aggro AI.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    the only problem with vashj imo was the problems with aoe and targeting reticule. if they fix that then it'll be all good.