Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post

This expansion has some of the best content ever created in WoW, especially Suramar, but the systems supporting it are absolutely awful. Would've been my favorite expansion if it wasn't for this RNG and endless progression nonsense.
    Yep. Suramar still is a 10/10 and one of the best zones / storylines ever (if you ignore that it's an alt killer).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-09-23 at 08:48 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    If I have to rate by quality, then I will avoid using scores.

Current would always be higher than classic for me, just because of so much development in things that I enjoy.

If to use points.

Current: 7 out of 10
    Classic: 5 out of 10

But those numbers could be bullshit, I mean, I hold certain amount of nostalgia to old content, as well as wanting new content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yep. Suramar still is a 10/10 and one of the best zones / storylines ever (if you ignore that it's an alt killer).
    Screw alt killer! I love Suramar, I feel saddened to know that we'll be leaving it behind.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I started in Cataclysm, so for me back then it was a clear 10 because it was new to me.

Now I rate it was:
    Cata - 8/10
    MoP 10/10
    WoD - 5/10
    Legion (so far) - 9/10

Mind you, I'm not a blind blizzfanboi who cant see the wrongs they do, I dont agree with all they've done, like the pruning of abilites after MoP.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10/10.

My only problems with Legion are a) RNG, b) broken shore chapters questline. Both of these are easily overshadowed by amazing dungeons, really good raids, m+ feature which we use like crazy with my guild, world quests, zone design, plethora of collectibles that look really, really cool, epic lore, tons of pet battle content. Perhaps more, but these are what come off the top of my head.

You're free to enjoy legion but saying its anything over 5/10 quality wise is just being ignorant, unless a turd sprinkled with gold is what you're looking for.
    The quality of the first 3 games is incomparably higher than that of those after.
    Kinda makes me sad thinking about the future of this game ;/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    You're free to enjoy legion but saying its anything over 5/10 quality wise is just being ignorant, unless a turd sprinkled with gold is what you're looking for.
    The quality of the first 3 games is incomparably higher than that of those after.
    Kinda makes me sad thinking about the future of this game ;/
    It's almost as if what you enjoy and what other people enjoy isn't always necessarily going to be an exactly overlaying graph and that despite what you might think you're not actually the global authority on what's good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Edit: Look at the frontpage "The Battle.Net App was updated today to group your favorites, sort your friends by activity, additional emoji support, and more!"

Like are they really spending their time on this? Same goes on features like dance studio, Selfie cam, Twitter etc.
    Yeah, because it's the WoW developers that spend their time on updating the B.Net app. /s

The core appeal of wow was an in-game community that could enjoy a vast world with dungeons raids pvp etc. the modern game isnt fun because theres no community. Thats why its lost millions of subs. If it was a 10 then today its like a 3.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    quality and quantity is alot better, ofc theres some parts that were just mediocore like the broken shore chain but overall legion has great content

It is. Blizzard is adding content most people don't care about or things that don't belong in a MMORPG.
    I wouldn't be surprised if WoW had less then 1M active players left and this is not because WoW became old. It is the direction Blizzard took WoW into the beginning of WoD.
    yeah emoji support did cost us a raid tier, get real
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2017-09-23 at 11:05 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Actual proper content that felt rewarding. As example the class quests are just a bunch of easy quests chain that took weeks to unlock yet the progress itself was SOOO easy. Only reason it took a bit was due gating. This is what i call not proper content. This is an easy not time consuming thing for Blizzard to do that they made us spend weeks on.

Edit: Look at the frontpage "The Battle.Net App was updated today to group your favorites, sort your friends by activity, additional emoji support, and more!"

Like are they really spending their time on this? Same goes on features like dance studio, Selfie cam, Twitter etc.
    I know that this is a hard concept to grasp, but they subdivide the work with multiple teams.

The game is dumped down version
    How can you take a thread seriously when the op ironically typos dumbed-down. I mean, the B and P are no where near each other.

Content is fine, where it starts becoming a problem is when they listen to whiners. Example are world quests. There were going to be so many world quests that we would rarely repeat the same one, which is true, but then they made it that so many are active, you always repeat them because people complained about it.

As much as people want to deny it, criers are why the game is where it is now.

People bitched about having to level up their weapon stats for every new weapon: removed.

People bitched about running out of arrows, or having to feed their pets to keep their damage up, or having to always buy reagents or craft poisons: removed.

They bitched about paladins bubble hearthing, removed, then paladins bitched about it, so it got added back as a glyph.

The game will always be directed by those who bitch about it.

Thats where the world is heading, complain enough and you get your way, no matter what.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I agree. Class quests were so much better in Vanilla. Like the shaman totem quests. Remember when you had to kill that quillboar, and then walk up that mountain and kill that fire elemental? And go walk to places in the middle of nowhere so you could fill that water pouch, so that you could walk to someplace even more in the middle of nowhere and kill a water elemental?

And that epic walk to Raveholdt so you could disarm one trap and turn a quest in?

Man they sure don't make content like they used to.
    Well, outside of your snarky comments, I would assert that the class quests were - at a minimum - elements of immersive role playing.

Deleted
    Content? A solid 8/10 for modern WoW, a 5/10 for old WoW.

However issue is not content, but game play. I would give 3/10 for modern WoW, 10/10 for old WoW.

Old WoW was slow paced MMORPG where players could make their own choices. No catch up mechanics, meaning you weren't railed into latest patch. There were guilds raiding each tier. There were multiple dungeons for most tiers, giving players options. Even though many chose cookie cutter specs, there was more choice. Questing, even though UI was worse and selection of quest types was next to none, was much better because it wasn't linear. Quests could span multiple zones, including multiple dungeons. Quest givers were not necessary near quest objectives, making players think. Game was slow paced and had lot of downtime, meaning players were chatting and game was more social back then than it is today. Challenge could be everywhere, even in starting areas there were elites that required multiple players. Everything was tied to character, so characters mattered and players knew other players by name.

New WoW is fast paced adventure game where players are railed into experience that developers want players to experience. Everyone is raiding same tier. No variety. Artifact weapon skills make illusion of choice, but don't give any actual choice because players end up selecting them all anyway. Crubicle is RNG, not choice. Questing is linear, limited to specific zones. Quest givers are almost always near quest objectives, removing need to think. Game is fast paced, meaning everything is fast, no time to talk. Challenge is limited to harder raiding modes and high m+, while everything else is like playing in god mode - boring and dull. Everything is account wide, it doesn't matter what characters you have on what realms, characters and realms became meaningless, game is more like playing with NPCs.

Content has improved. UI improved massively. Game depth has been lost. Game play has been destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Define 'then'.

For me? MoP was a solid 8/10. 5.3/5.4 dragged it down a little due to the story taking a nose dive, but overall the expansion was amazing.

Legion though... 1/10. I can barely bring myself to log on to do the flipping daily instant quest completion. Argus looked promising but ended up only slightly better than 7.2.

If 'then' is back in Vanilla then probably 3/10. Great world and quests but everything is an unnecessary struggle and grind and the game lacked quality of life features.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I agree. Class quests were so much better in Vanilla. Like the shaman totem quests. Remember when you had to kill that quillboar, and then walk up that mountain and kill that fire elemental? And go walk to places in the middle of nowhere so you could fill that water pouch, so that you could walk to someplace even more in the middle of nowhere and kill a water elemental?

And that epic walk to Raveholdt so you could disarm one trap and turn a quest in?

Man they sure don't make content like they used to.
    You win That /s was tasty <3

Deleted
    Anyone with rose-coloured glasses about how great vanilla used to be needs to ask themselves how much they'd enjoy going back to having a frickin' level requirement for *talking* and *whispering people*.

Content additions are way better now than they were back in the day.

Back in Vanilla - WotLK era, they always added good dungeons and raids, but bugger all else.

Cataclysm onwards, we've still gotten good dungeons and raids added, but also lots of open-world content. From Firelands to Argus, this is good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The zone is not an alt-killer, the players are. If you dont have the time to do stuff on an alt, then its on you.

It just proves that Legion got alot of content for one. And when its comes to Argus, alts are easy. Never ever been possible to have so powerful alts as it is now. Its as alt-friendly as it gets

Deleted
    Like is this what you want? :P

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    The zone is not an alt-killer, the players are. If you dont have the time to do stuff on an alt, then its on you.

It just proves that Legion got alot of content for one. And when its comes to Argus, alts are easy. Never ever been possible to have so powerful alts as it is now. Its as alt-friendly as it gets
    This, you technically only need to do the nightfallen questline once for flying, the rest is purely completionist sake and bonus AP / paragon mount.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-23 at 12:15 PM.