Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Speculation on Locus Walker.

I love Locus Walker.One of the best new characters introduced in recent times.How powerful is he ? is there anything we know about him other than that he is a master at using void energies.

The recent audio drama sheds some light at him. That demons are afraid of him and are hunting him, because he was the only being capable of mastering void energies. He killed Lothraxion, but the same time spared him by pulling him out of nether before killing. At the same time he doesn't seem to be the servant of void lords, because shadow priest daggers says this about him:
    "He flaunts his defiance of the shadows. Arrogance will be his undoing."

The ethereal on Vindicar also says something about him, can't remember what though.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    The recent audio drama sheds some light at him. That demons are afraid of him and are hunting him, because he was the only being capable of mastering void energies. He killed Lothraxion, but the same time spared him by pulling him out of nether before killing. At the same time he doesn't seem to be the servant of void lords, because shadow priest daggers says this about him:

The ethereal on Vindicar also says something about him, can't remember what though.
    The Ethereal says he remembers Locus-Walker, that he invested in one of Locus-Walker's business dealings and never got his money back and he's salty about it.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

I actually enjoy the character though I am extremely wary of the guy. Calling Alleria's family as "attachments" was a little unsettling for me. I dunno why but seems like his intentions are never going to be wholesome or exactly pure right down to the sanctity of a family whose his pupil mental state hinges on really.

Deleted
    locus walker, turalyion and alleria are just being set up to be the main protagonists npcs in the next expansion.

turalyion is light, alleria is void, and them being mates makes a convenient plot allegory for balancing light/void. locus walker is there to be the new dude who can explain stuff about the void to us and do khadgar like stuff for us.

as for his powers, probably nothing TOO amazing the big special thing about locus walker is that he is capable of resisting being overwhelmed by the void, which is made out to be a rare thing (apparently different form what shadow priests do)

Remember we are getting him this new staff that he really cared about in SoT dungeon. The guy is very much a mystery so far, zero motives revealed. Cant even tell if he's good, bad, or neutral. He just is right now.

7+ Year Old Account

I think it's really important to acknowledge that he is able to control/master the Void without being corrupted by it. During Lothraxion's explanation of the Void to Alleria he notes more than once on how devastating the effects are on the wielder, going as far to say being in serve to the Burning Legion was better than being in service to the Void.

The implications of the Void being more catastrophic to the wielder than Fel magic, in my opinion, put over the Void as a bigger threat. We have seen many Ethereal willingly serve the Void, become completely engulfed in its power, corrupted to shadowy versions of their former selves... and then we have Locus Walker.

Interesting to see where this story goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    locus walker, turalyion and alleria are just being set up to be the main protagonists npcs in the next expansion.

turalyion is light, alleria is void, and them being mates makes a convenient plot allegory for balancing light/void. locus walker is there to be the new dude who can explain stuff about the void to us and do khadgar like stuff for us.

as for his powers, probably nothing TOO amazing the big special thing about locus walker is that he is capable of resisting being overwhelmed by the void, which is made out to be a rare thing (apparently different form what shadow priests do)
    It's hard to tell. Locus-Walker is just the only Void-user that Lothraxion is aware of, and this may be more about time. Locus-Walker may have simply lasted far longer as a Void-wielder than anyone else the Legion is aware of, and shown no signs of deteriorating. While the Conclave doesn't have a problem with Shadow Priests and will listen to them, they seem to have a reputation of being a little erratic.

As for his power? I'm of the impression that he's probably on a higher level than Alleria, even after she consumed the hearts of a Void Revenant and Naaru. Which is why he's still the master and she's still the pupil.

It strikes me that he's found a way to become one with the Void on his own terms, and not by fighting or constantly struggling against it.

Deleted
    I can see him having some hidden endgame and eventually being killed. But his interesting with some notable moments. Sparring the dreadlord also being aware of his power sources failing.

He is probably seeking to ascend into the void, becoming himself a voidlord or something. Or maybe he is the very avatar of a voidlord, or an old god in search of a world soul to infect.

What I find most interesting is his relationship to the light dreadlord. They seem to be old pals.

He should be very powerful with his vast knowledge of the void. I'll say he's weaker than Aggrammar's Avatar and the Lich King. He should be around the same power level as Kil'jaeden and Deathwing, maybe a bit stronger than them.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    He should be very powerful with his vast knowledge of the void. I'll say he's weaker than Aggrammar's Avatar and the Lich King. He should be around the same power level as Kil'jaeden and Deathwing, maybe a bit stronger than them.
    I doubt he's on the level of Kil'jaedan who was directly empowered by Sargeras, but it's likely he knows where to get more power if he needs it. He had Alleria drain the Void Naaru's energy and the heart of a Void Revenant, so it's unlikely that he has any need of his own to do so. It's power he can do without. I get the feeling that he's more Hero level. More comparable to a magical prodigy like Jaina, though he could be higher than that.

My loose guess may actually be that he's on par with the Naaru by now.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    He is probably seeking to ascend into the void, becoming himself a voidlord or something. Or maybe he is the very avatar of a voidlord, or an old god in search of a world soul to infect.

What I find most interesting is his relationship to the light dreadlord. They seem to be old pals.
    Here's my guess. He's basically a Shadow Ascendant trying to create more of his kind. I've got the impression that he's less opposed to the Void, and more interested in simply redirecting its flow more productively. To this end, he wants to create his own faction of Void entities, but it's hard to find those with the right requirements. So yeah, I agree. There's a good chance he's trying to become a Void Lord.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-23 at 11:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locus-Walker is my new spirit guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy's Lich King hard-on is showing soooooo badly.

I kinda think he's below Archimonde and KJ but around Azshara before the sundering.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I actually enjoy the character though I am extremely wary of the guy. Calling Alleria's family as "attachments" was a little unsettling for me. I dunno why but seems like his intentions are never going to be wholesome or exactly pure right down to the sanctity of a family whose his pupil mental state hinges on really.
    He kinda reminded me of a Jedi with all that talk. Let go of your attachments, connect with the energy of the universe. Never agreed with thar facet of Jedi culture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    As for his power? I'm of the impression that he's probably on a higher level than Alleria, even after she consumed the hearts of a Void Revenant and Naaru. Which is why he's still the master and she's still the pupil.
    Yeah, after she eats the heart she goes like "my training is complete" and Locus is like "let's not get ahead of ourselves."

Locus Walker is the new Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Locus Walker is a *****
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Yeah and we will probably never hear from him again, just like our friend Wrathion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your boner for the LK is showing again, may wanna put it away.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Ya he seems to be able to vividly see the future, as he spared Lothraxion.