Deleted

How will blizzard handle a future new class in Legion? (Artifact? Class Hall?)

Hello everyone, my question i pretty simple.
    If we get a future class released, how will it play during the lvl 100-110 in Legion??

Will blizz do specifically artifacts and class hall for it? Seems unlikely... so??

Apparently said new class will start at 110+ and will therefore skip the artifact stage of development.

No need for the new class order and artifact. Just heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Apparently said new class will start at 110+ and will therefore skip the artifact stage of development.
    Or this.

then they complain they cant do legion content and get rewards or achis on that toon due to them being locked behind artifacts, they may just invent a substitute place holder
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    then they complain they cant do legion content and get rewards or achis on that toon due to them being locked behind artifacts, they may just invent a substitute place holder
    You have a point. Maybe they will detach the artifact system from the core and make it a legacy thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    But then we can tell them that they are entitled snowflakes who can suck it up!

Deleted
    i'm pretty sure we will get more then one new class in the future, unless Wow completely fails n a years wich is 99% unlikely.
    I'm pretty sure not all classes will be "hero classes" starting AFTER Legion

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    artifact is defo going to be detached and turned into legacy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    i'm pretty sure we will get more then one new class in the future, unless Wow completely fails n a years wich is 99% unlikely.
    I'm pretty sure not all classes will be "hero classes" starting AFTER Legion
    I wouldn't be that sure actually. It's not even a matter of failure, but maybe blizzard will decide to move on from wow at some point. Especially as it seems the storyline seems to lead to the closure of wow's story.

To be frank that leveling powercreep starts to feel ridiculous with 110 levels (and possibly 120 then 130) requiring you to crawl through years of outdated content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I wouldn't be that sure actually. It's not even a matter of failure, but maybe blizzard will decide to move on from wow at some point. Especially as it seems the storyline seems to lead to the closure of wow's story.

To be frank that leveling powercreep starts to feel ridiculous with 110 levels (and possibly 120 then 130) requiring you to crawl through years of outdated content.
    Blizzard will only move on once the cost of developing expansions becomes higher than the profit.

All Blizzard would need to do would be to stick a scouting map in Dalaran, or make an NPC that offers those quests, and give out a 100-110 heirloom from the 'watch Dalaran's teleportation' quest.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

If it was FFXIV they'd go back and just add skins and material for these classes to get.

But this is WoW so they'll just start past said content and/or be given a really powerful weapon with little explanation at the get go.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Artifact skill tree and power systems will be gone, they'll only stat sticks that you can attach relics to increase ilvl.
    I think Blizzard will just reuse artifacts.

As for the class hall, Blizzard will probably make new ones with simple storylines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple Answer

There will be no new Classes. Ever.

We currently have 12 Classes, and by now the individual specs them self are nearly like standalone classes, so that would be 36 classes

I would wager that Blizzard will not create more classes, but more specs for the existing classes. So if you play with a new spec through legion it will be simply the class campaign of that spec, but only offers artifacts for the vanilla specs.

And by my guess the First Class to get an additional Spec will be Hunter, who may get a Dark Ranger spec

After this, whatever class you want to be added into the game could end as a spec for one of the classes.

Want Warden? boom, Rogue Spec.
    Want Necromancer? boom, Warlock Spec.
    Want Runemaster? boom, Monk Spec.
    Want Blademaster? boom, Warrior Spec.
    Want Spellbreaker? boom, Mage Spec.
    Want Shadow Hunter? boom, Shaman Spec.
    Want Dark Knight? boom, Paladin Spec.
    Want Tinkerer? boom...... okay, this one would be a problem.......

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Artifact skill tree and power systems will be gone, they'll only stat sticks that you can attach relics to increase ilvl.
    I think Blizzard will just reuse artifacts.

As for the class hall, Blizzard will probably make new ones with simple storylines.
    The class hall storyline isnt really needed for Legion content at all. All it did quest wise was:

Give the class hall storyline
    Light Heart storyline (which never truly finished, can just place the whole thing in the violet citadel if need be)
    Add NPC's to Legionfall (they can just replace them with Legionfall defenders)
    Legionfall storyline (no way blizz will give a new class a mount)

None of these were all that needed, they're just fluff. Nothing was all that integrated into the expansion experience.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Artifacts will not be gone guys... just LOREwise. And capped for LEGION CONTENT.They will be useless for next expansion. But you can still farm legion content to unlock skins etc... they said explicitly that only the challenge mode and the +15 mythic skin will be removed. They WANT you to farm old content. More time spend = more money.

There will be no new Classes. Ever.
    That was what I thought first too. But you really think they would limit themselves in that way? I rather think they make some sort of neutral questline (like Kirin Tor) for future classes, place a mission table in some Kirin Tor spot in Dalaran and bamm... all settled. If they dont - it would be the first time a character cant do old content. I dont see that happening.
    Last edited by Thibble; 2017-09-23 at 03:55 PM.

I'd bet they'd be given to the best matching existing order halls. Ex: a light based class will be given paladin order hall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post

How is the story line leading to the closure of wow history when we are just this month starting to learn that the light is as much of a threat as the void (see: another possible "end boss". Blizzard clearly keeps working towards creating more story lines. Also, business>gameplay>lore>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Want Warden? boom, Rogue Spec.
    Want Necromancer? boom, Warlock Spec. Death Knight Specc
    Want Runemaster? boom, Monk Spec.
    Want Blademaster? boom, Warrior Spec.
    Want Spellbreaker? boom, Mage Spec.
    Want Shadow Hunter? boom, Shaman Spec.
    Want Dark Knight? boom, Paladin Spec.
    Want Tinkerer? boom...... okay, this one would be a problem.......
    And Tinker has nothing fitting unless ranged Rogue specc instead of Warden...

- - - Updated - - -

Though, to the OP, I think we would get some story to fit in for the artifact weapon missing, though I have a feeling a class hall would be made.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You have a point. Maybe they will detach the artifact system from the core and make it a legacy thing?
    heres hoping. fingers crossed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    But then we can tell them that they are entitled snowflakes who can suck it up!
    theyve done it everywhere else except pvp mounts/gear.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.