Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its almost like there is people who just hate on games others like......

Shocker I know, Wait tomorrow ill teach ya about water being wet. The funny part with this post is you just proved me right by saying the bolded.
    this post makes literally zero sense. are you trying to say every zelda is the same? because the zelda cycle is SPECIFICALLY about how people love the last zelda game and hate the current until a new zelda game comes out.

lots of people love skyward sword, and everyone hated it when it came out, this is what zelda fans do.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Both bad games people love for waifushit. You never hear anyone praise the bosses, dungeons or gameplay of SS or TP, its always Muh Childhood friend Zelda or Muh Shortstack fetish. They are not good games. Not the worst nintendo games, just the first 1st party zelda games. Can't save a bad game with a waifu.

God knows Randy Pitchford has tried repeatedly.
    Skyward was trash for me. Was arguably the most boring one I played. Handheld that goes to the Oracle games. Good but just never liked them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this post makes literally zero sense. are you trying to say every zelda is the same? because the zelda cycle is SPECIFICALLY about how people love the last zelda game and hate the current until a new zelda game comes out.

lots of people love skyward sword, and everyone hated it when it came out, this is what zelda fans do.
    Lots? So you suddenly know the opinion of everyone and are attempting to speak for them?

I hated Skyward the moment it came out and still do. But of course as a Zelda fan I must conform to your made up standards right?

No I am saying there is people who don't like a game you like, Accept it. There is no cycle or any other made up voodoo bullshit. Its done to every game like you even just proved with Call of Duty/Battlefield by saying each game release is the same.

People shit on other games people like, Tomorrow like I said ill teach you that water is wet.

Also here is a thing that mite have crossed your mind, Maybe people spent time with the game and after the honeymoon phase was over they realized they didn't like it.

I wanted to love BOTW, But IMO its the worse Zelda made and that opinion of mine was formed ages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Skyward was trash for me. Was arguably the most boring one I played. Handheld that goes to the Oracle games. Good but just never liked them.
    Handheld for me sadly goes to the DS games just because I am forced to use the stylus. Sadly ill never finish them because of that..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

No I am saying there is people who don't like a game you like, Accept it. There is no cycle or any other made up voodoo bullshit. Its done to every game like you even just proved with Call of Duty/Battlefield by saying each game release is the same.

People shit on other games people like, Tomorrow like I said ill teach you that water is wet.

Also here is a thing that mite have crossed your mind, Maybe people spent time with the game and after the honeymoon phase was over they realized they didn't like it.

I wanted to love BOTW, But IMO its the worse Zelda made and that opinion of mine was formed ages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Handheld for me sadly goes to the DS games just because I am forced to use the stylus. Sadly ill never finish them because of that..
    Eh never had an issue with the Stylus. Feels really fluid when you draw paths and what not. Of course you can't always draw a straight line but there's enough leeway that a small deviation won't hit a wall with the boomerang for example.

As for BotW certainly not the worst imo. That honor goes to Skyward Sword.

Can't save a bad game with a waifu.
    God knows Randy Pitchford has tried repeatedly.
    LOL, You win the Internets today.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh never had an issue with the Stylus. Feels really fluid when you draw paths and what not. Of course you can't always draw a straight line but there's enough leeway that a small deviation won't hit a wall with the boomerang for example.
    Its just a issue with me to be honest, Never cared for the Stylus. I'm a simple person I like buttons and the D pad. Even tho I love the DS/3DS systems, Happy Nintendo didn't force it on ya later in the years and in the 3DS.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

1. I didn't hate Majoras as a kid. Remains my favourite one today with Phantom Hourglass being my favourite portable one.

2. You really are trying to do damage control. You have been for Nintendo throughout a lot of this thread. As a few other people have.
    i criticize nintendo when they need to be. on the memory issue i said they shouldve put an sd card in the switch, i literally just a couple posts ago said no one should buy arms because its a bad game (couldve been a good game if it had any fucking content)

everytime someone doesnt jump on the hate train in this thread they get called a fanboy, just because if disagreed with you and jt the past couple arguments doesnt make me "damage control" or a fanboy
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

i criticize nintendo when they need to be. on the memory issue i said they shouldve put an sd card in the switch, i literally just a couple posts ago said no one should buy arms because its a bad game (couldve been a good game if it had any fucking content)

everytime someone doesnt jump on the hate train in this thread they get called a fanboy, just because if disagreed with you and jt the past couple arguments doesnt make me "damage control" or a fanboy
    Never called you a fanboy. I said you were doing damage control for Zelda and at times Nintendo. Don't put words in my mouth please.

People like and dislike games. There is no magical formula for why/how people hate or like a game. So yes when you try and analyse it and say it's because that's how "zelda fans" are then you are trying to do damage control as well as speak for a majority of people and claim they only hate or dislike something due to a trend. An unfair and disingenuous statement at best I might add.

If I think a game is shit then it's shit. If I think a game is good then it's good. Period. I have thought Majoras was the best for going on 17 years now. That opinion will not change unless they release a Zelda game that for me tops it. Breath of the Wild in my opinion nowhere near topped it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-23 at 02:42 PM.

No you saying shit like (ah i see were moving into the 2nd phase of the zelda cycle) means you are doing damage control....

Ya there was people who didn't like OOT as well. This Zelda cycle crap is bullshit, Its a way to handwave peoples opinion about a game you like. You are literally using the same excuse Fanboy's use for Call of Duty and Battlefield.
    They could just be young and looking back without being there. Ocarina/Majora were pretty much the biggest hits for console games in the 1990's. Lot of good things came out in 1998 but stuff like Metal Gear were not hits overnight. Ocarina was. Then Majora is a hastily pushed out asset reusing 'gaiden' or side story release that was also well liked. Then Zelda went dark for years.

Then at SpaceWorld Expo 2000 this was shown as part of the sizzle reel for the Nintendo Gamecube

People saw more of the same but with better graphics and were excited.

Then a year later at Spaceworld Expo 2001 after a year of nothing we got this

People went apeshit. They were screaming how "Celda is kiddy shit that will kill nintendo" and the game came out but was not the gangbusters critical darling Ocarina was so they went back to the style of the 2000 trailer and we got Twilight Princess. All the While Wind Waker slowly built up a fanbase over time because a game can still become a hit over time even if its not one release. Twilight Princess released at the very end of the gamecube and beginning of the Wii's lifespan and response was mixed because consumer interest in nintendo as a whole was nearly exclusively handheld at this point with the DS series of handhelds and the game sold poorly based on critical reviews that it was in fact a pretty but all in all mediocre game.
    THEN we got the second reactionary game with Skyward Sword that tried to find a balance between the two and again the art design knocked it out of the park but when nintendo was making such a big deal of the 25th anniversary and confirming a real timeline people expected ocarina 2 so to speak. Not a wagglan tutorial every 90 minutes and a LOT of repetition, even for Zelda.

Then they went dark again till the current age of the open world meme being the go to design of choice for a AAA console release and we all know what we got. But it is 2017. If you are 18 years old you were an infant waiting for your milk teeth to come in when the spaceworld expo shitstorms went down. Of course to many its going to look like the sonic cycle gag. But the ones who reinforced it were in fact nintendo with their hyper reactionary development process.

Personally i loved Wind Waker on release even with the triforce hunt and i still love it today, but funnily enough Oracle of Seasons remains my favourite and Nintendo did not even make that game. Capcom did.

Personally i loved Wind Waker on release even with the triforce hunt and i still love it today, but funnily enough Oracle of Seasons remains my favourite and Nintendo did not even make that game. Capcom did.
    Hell ill admit that I didn't like the art style of WW when I was a kid and it released. But then I played it soon after and now its one of my most fav Zelda's. Like I said people will hate on games its nothing new. Sometime's it is Nintendo's fault when that happens (like the examples you gave).

Another example you could use is the Wii-U Zelda demo they showed that looked fucken amazing and then BOTW we got.

Where is this Zelda I want it.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-23 at 02:47 PM.

No you saying shit like (ah i see were moving into the 2nd phase of the zelda cycle) means you are doing damage control....
    yes, something the zelda community has been talking about for fucking ages is just a thing i just made up now to do damage control in this one fucking thread that only has like 6 people who regularly post in it, of course i did

not like nintendo themselves have mentioned the zelda cycle or the fact that simply googling zelda cycle brings up posts and posts and posts from around the internet about it

Iwata
    Actually, if you look closely at the world of The Wind Waker, it has its own sense of reality that’s takes advantage of its anime-themed world. It’s so inventive with a lot of bright ideas packed in that you think “Wow! So much detail!” But I suppose I notice those things as president of Nintendo because I try to see its charms! (laughs)

Aonuma
    Well, there’s a clear split with those who are reluctant even to try it.

Iwata
    But I think that has changed recently.

Aonuma
    There’s a “Zelda cycle.”

Iwata
    Yes. Bill Trinen-san at Nintendo of America—who always plays a big role in preparing the overseas versions of The Legend of Zelda games—always talks about the Zelda cycle.

Aonuma
    Basically, as time progresses, negative opinions about The Legend of Zelda turn into positive ones. At first, I wasn’t sure about that, but seeing the response to The Wind Waker HD, I think it may be right.

Iwata
    And it isn’t restricted to The Wind Waker. Every time a new Zelda title comes out, there’s no shortage of negative opinions, but a year or two later, people are revising their opinions, and its reputation goes up.

Aonuma
    The response of fans in North America was like that for The Wind Waker. When we first announced the original version in 2001, the majority of voices we heard were against it. However, the responses for the Nintendo Direct we aired in January were incredibly favorable. Also at the Nintendo Experience event at Best Buy which was held at the same time as this year’s E3, a lot of people lined up in front of the single demo station for The Wind Waker HD in each store, saying they really wanted to play it.

yes, something the zelda community has been talking about for fucking ages is just a thing i just made up now to do damage control in this one fucking thread that only has like 6 people who regularly post in it, of course i did
    So you spoken to all the millions in the Zelda community?

Seriously if all you are going to do is just damage control stop, This isn't a echo chamber if u want one go to reddit.

Edit: All this Zelda talk makes me want to hook up my Wii-U or whip out my 3DS and play some Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I thought everyone knew about the Zelda Cycle joke.
    apparently these guys never heard of it and think its just something i made up

- - - Updated - - -

i probably made that picture and that iwata asks article too, pulled out my ocarina and went back in time and slowly moved up the food chain in nintendo to fake it

ah i see were moving into the 2nd phase of the zelda cycle

- - - Updated - - -

took alot longer than it usually does

- - - Updated - - -

i dont see how this page made you glad you didnt buy a switch when theyre all talking about zelda unless zelda and splatoon are literally the only reason you wanted to buy it in the first place and even then this happens to every zelda game
    Let me be clear, I very much plan on buying a Switch sooner or later. Splatoon was one of my favorite games on Wii U, and Splatoon 2 is mostly the reason I want to buy it. Zelda would be an added bonus to me. The problem is, dishing out $450 after tax, without buying a 2nd controller/pro controller is a lot of dough for the switch. The main reason I am interested in it, is mostly because if what Tech said is true and the handheld IPs are coming to it, then it is ultimately something I would like to own. The space on the system and Zelda being kind of a mixed bag right now it seems, made me glad I didn't purchase it yet. I am hoping they drop the price to $250 soonish. I know it hasn't been out a year, but the hardware really isn't anything great. The great thing about the switch is that it's portable. At least to me.

With that said, the comparison of BotW to MGS5 is definitely something that made me glad I didn't buy it. MGS5 is one of the most hollow games I've personally played in my life. The fact that Zelda was even compared to it, makes me wonder if it's even worth buying when I do get a switch now. So yes...im glad I didn't buy it yet.

apparently these guys never heard of it and think its just something i made up
    i probably made that picture and that iwata asks article too, pulled out my ocarina and went back in time and slowly moved up the food chain in nintendo to fake it
    I'm pretty sure the first time I actually heard of it was with the release of Skyward Sword though honestly.

Granted, it's more of a grain of salt thing since it's not possible to say "The exact same people who hated the game are now worshiping it!", it's very possible that those people who hated it just moved on. It's still, however, funny to observe it. Similar to WoW expansions (except no one will say they liked WoD :P )

Pokken is still pretty fun, I can't like, REALLY get into it though, I think it is pretty similar to Arms in how much I enjoy it. EH, the next game I actually am excited for is Battlechasers.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Let me be clear, I very much plan on buying a Switch sooner or later. Splatoon was one of my favorite games on Wii U, and Splatoon 2 is mostly the reason I want to buy it. Zelda would be an added bonus to me. The problem is, dishing out $450 after tax, without buying a 2nd controller/pro controller is a lot of dough for the switch. The main reason I am interested in it, is mostly because if what Tech said is true and the handheld IPs are coming to it, then it is ultimately something I would like to own. The space on the system and Zelda being kind of a mixed bag right now it seems, made me glad I didn't purchase it yet. I am hoping they drop the price to $250 soonish. I know it hasn't been out a year, but the hardware really isn't anything great. The great thing about the switch is that it's portable. At least to me.

With that said, the comparison of BotW to MGS5 is definitely something that made me glad I didn't buy it. MGS5 is one of the most hollow games I've personally played in my life. The fact that Zelda was even compared to it, makes me wonder if it's even worth buying when I do get a switch now. So yes...im glad I didn't buy it yet.
    if you want it for 250 your best bet is to wait and see what if any black friday deals there are

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Pokken is still pretty fun, I can't like, REALLY get into it though, I think it is pretty similar to Arms in how much I enjoy it. EH, the next game I actually am excited for is Battlechasers.
    i decided to skip pokken and just get dragonball xenoverse 2, after i found out that pokken basically had only slightly more story content then arms i said fuck that especially with the only added content being 1 new character and the arcade characters they decided not to port to wiiu for whatever reason (which is pretty shitty of nintendo tbh)

yeah fighting with pokemon in real time is cool and all but when your only singleplayer content after you beat the short story mode is *grind for hours on end to unlock a jacket* thats just a shitty game to me and im not in the competitive fighter community so online battles are just a bonus for me

plus xenoverse 2 comes with the ENTIRE storymode from xenoverse 1 which i never got around to buying so i essentially got two games for 40$ (i have amazon prime)

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post

I'd say the most glaring issue with Zelda is at first, you get the impression that everything's going to be super interesting to explore. After all, the tutorial area has quite a bit jammed into a small area.

Then, you finally leave it and find out it's a lot less jam packed, and far more open. I don't know about others, but that kinda did come off awkward to me. Like, the tutorial encourages killing the camps of enemies by crushing them with boulders and stuff, but then once you leave, good luck finding the like 5 camps that you can do that to.

So because of that, you come off with this feeling that you were suppose to have more, when in reality it was just the tutorial being packed so they can teach you everything. But it gives a wrong impression from that.

The game is extremely fun otherwise though. It's just not built for long, drawn out exploration I think.

I thought everyone knew about the Zelda Cycle joke.
    The difference is you see it as a joke, Immitis see's it as reality.

- - - Updated - - -

The game is extremely fun otherwise though. It's just not built for long, drawn out exploration I think.
    See I had my issues with Zelda (I'm sure most in this thread have seen me post about it). But the biggest issue wasn't the weapon system for me (It was a part tho). It was the fact the game for me at lease confirmed a fear I had with it.

I was worried that the world would be massive but empty, Turns out I was correct. IMO they could cut out 1/3 at lease of the world and it would still be massive but more fun to explore.